KageSora

Multiple Sort Filters/Options

I was thinking of the problems with Sorting today while I was doing the tedious work of sorting in my newest dragons in AltCustomSort.

Being able to apply more than one of the current sort filters would be helpful and would probably meet the needs of most players.

If we could apply more than one filter that we already have AND we had a few additional sort options available, such as sort-by-generation and sort-by-biome (I am totally considering resorting my 1000+ dragons by biome, and will have to do it manually, boo!) then virtually everybody could probably be satisfied.

Barring this sort of thing, can we at least improve the custom sorts? Being able to "group" dragons and move them around together instead of individually would at least cut down on the (quite literally) hours it takes me to sort my scroll every week or two.

I gave up on sorting, and finally just decided to stick with Color sorting. Can we maybe have a checkbox-number-list thingy? Example:

Order of Filters:

[?] Color

[?] Breed

[?] Gender

[?] Etc...

And you put in a number for each ?. 1 means it sorts by this first, then 2 by this, then 3 this... You leave it blank if you don't want that filter to be used. What do you think?

EDIT: Thinking about it a sec, I'd also like to be able to fix one dragon to the top of my scroll without messing up my filters. (Like when I want to have a 'welcome to the scroll' dragon with the rest of my scroll sorted by color but the newly grown up hatchies don't go below to the color sorting and I have to manually put them there.)

Edited by stogucheme

I sort my dragons by breed, and then by growth, so the hatchlings are above the adults.

But when there is a new dragon, i have to use the "sort by breed" to get it in the right place. Because of that, the hatchlings move under the adults, and i have to re-arrange the hatchlings to get them above them again.

My suggestion is to make 'stacking' of different sortings possible. So i could click first 'sort by breed' and then click 'sort by growth', without the 'sort by breed' being cancelled out. Or you could sort them by growth and color, so that first all the hatchlings are sorted by color, and under that all the adults sorted by color.

maybe this could be done by ticking boxes or something?

I've actually wondered why there wasn't secondary sorting.

I used to sort by rainbow and I wished I could have then sorted by... oh, I can't remmeber, something. I custom sort now but I understand the dillema, it doesn't seem like such a huge request to wat to sub-sort the dragons within the larger category.

I honestly wish we could sort by breed, then say have secondary options, such as "frozen hatchlings first" or "adults first" and even "CB's before lineaged" (I hate manually sorting out all my CB's from all my lineaged ones).

~Merged~

Please let me know if this is not what you were aiming for so I can split the topics again!

"CB's before lineaged" (I hate manually sorting out all my CB's from all my lineaged ones).

I love, love, love this idea, Grox. I was just sitting here, staring at my huge mess of a scroll and thinking about how nice it would be to be able to seperate my CBs from all my lineage dragons and came here to see if there was anything remotely close to this suggestion somewhere.

We're allowed one scroll, and yeah, we have pages, too, but I keep seeing myself being able to drag and drop my dragons into individual lineage 'boxes' or whatever. I'd like to not only seperate lineage from CB, but somehow seperate each individual lineage and group them together in 'boxes', with an option to name the lineage in there somewhere, so that at a glance I can find whichever lineage I need very quickly. I know it's my own fault for being scatterbrained as hell, but sometimes I forget what I'm doing because my dragons just seem, from my perspective, to be all over the place and it feels like I'm always having to dig through the mound to find who I need. I'd love to be able to sort the dragons horizontally across my scroll so that I could see more of them at one time.

The current system in place is cool, and I work with it. It's more of a hassle for me than anything else no matter what sort option I use.

I can see how this would be useful for some folk, and I wouldn't oppose it's addition.

However, I'd much prefer sorting by TABS so I could keep certain groups separate from other groups and then be able to sort within the tab. Anyone who also plays MagiStream knows exactly what I'm asking for. The MS sorting system is the best I've used for sorting on a collectible game.

I can see how this would be useful for some folk, and I wouldn't oppose it's addition.

However, I'd much prefer sorting by TABS so I could keep certain groups separate from other groups and then be able to sort within the tab. Anyone who also plays MagiStream knows exactly what I'm asking for. The MS sorting system is the best I've used for sorting on a collectible game.

What I would MUCH prefer THIS for is when you suddenly want to sort for something specific. Tabs won't help with that.

Like when you want to breed and you want to see only the red CB dragons who are available. But you don't want them to STAY sorted like that. (it would be even better if we could do that for - say - all 3rd gen PBs...xd.png)

I think this and tabs are very different things.

I was thinking of making a suggestion to add more sorting options on the dragons view page. (top right Sort By drop-down menu: account default, name, age, breed) But I reckon it overlaps with this discussion. (feel free to split if I'm hijacking)

My thoughts:

Sort by generation (would be awesome for breeding 'cause now it takes ages to find CB mates, let alone to find an even gen, 3rd gen mate for an even gen 3rd gen partner)

Sort by sex (descending order = males on top wink.gif)

Sort by ...

I'd like to suggest one more filter (to be stacked with the others):

- type (2-headed, normal, pygmy, drake or joke; maybe even ?)

prize/holiday?)

This would also be interesting as a "filter by" option. (Show 2-headeds only, show normal dragons only...)

Oh yes, this would be great! I'd love to have some kind of a gender sub-sort, since I sort my dragons by breed but don't like that females and males get thrown wildly together. Therefore I now always sort every new dragon by hand again (by breed but with the Custom-Sort), because using the official Breed-Sort would mix up the female and male dragons again. dry.gif

The way I sort my dragons:

By "Breed" with the following sub-sorting

• Adult female
  • user posted image female hatchling
  • user posted image ungendered hatchling
  • user posted image male hatchling
  • Adult male

I have mentioned it on another thread before.

Yay! Finally got its own thread!

I would like to have a choice of sort by breed and colour(or gender?).

It should be an option like sort by xxx then xxx. I called it multi-layers sorting<3

I've searched the suggestions a bit and found things similar to what I've been looking for, but they all seem to include adding a brand new feature to the site rather than simply modifying an existing one. Feel free to close if this is a duplicate. Unlike Tabs, or Tags, this would just change the way the existing sort order functions.

Something like Tags would absolutely be welcome, but in the more immediate future I'd like the option to use several of the scroll sorting options at the same time (ie. sorting by breed, as well as color) rather than having to choose one or the other.

Being a person with over 1,000 dragons I find it difficult and next to impossible to properly sort my dragons the way I want to, especially since I don't have the energy or time to manually place every single one of my dragons a specific way. Yes, you can add values to dragons and create a custom sort using numbers or by dragging and dropping, but it's just not what I'm looking for. That takes time that I just don't have. It's exhausting just thinking about going through ~1100 dragons and manually placing them where I want. I can't even imagine what it's like for the people with thousands upon thousands of dragons!

I like the way sorting by color looks but I noticed pretty early on that it separates dragon breeds if, say, the female sprite were a slightly darker shade than the male sprite or had a different accent color. It can put it just a few dragons down, or all the way on a separate page if the colors are drastically different. This is pretty infuriating since I'd like to see one breed in one spot, instead of strewn about the scroll, but I'd also like the appearance of sorting by color. It wouldn't look perfect, but in my opinion it'd be better than going on a scavenger hunt to find out where my dragons went. Having the option to sort by color, and having an entire breed included in that color scheme, would honestly be preferable to what we have now.

I can see how things would start to get more complicated with things like combining the age of the dragon as well as having everything alphabetized, or name and also color, etc. I'm open to suggestions as to how that could work!

This is exactly what I'm looking for. I prefer sorting by breed, but I don't like having the sprites mixed up. I'd prefer the female sprites and the male sprites to be sorted separately, but still grouped together. I think it looks so much neater, especially if the sprites have dimorphism. So if I could sort by breed and then by color, that would excellent.

So 100% support from me.

I'm going to suggest a (possibly easier) alternative - just have two different 'sort by colour' options. One could say 'Sort by colour (complete)' and the other could say 'Sort by colour (breeds together)'

Just since it seems like the want is for breeds to stay together in colour sort, and I can't see any feasible way to combine other sorts like alphabetical/name and colour or colour and age...

Actually, I can. Just have the one that sorts by sprite sort first, and then sort the individual dragons within that sprite sort by the secondary sort.

But what happens if we want three sorts, like breed+colour+age? Also, I don't see a way to sort by both age and name.

Anyway, just throwing some quick thoughts out there for you xd.png

Subfilters would work (like on the dreaded amazon.)

Filter by breed.

"refine search: filter THOSE by sex"

"refine search: sort THOSE by name"

I'd like the sort order to automatically separate male from female, and put all CB dragons first and then those that have been bred afterwards. With more than 3,000 dragons, it's just so messy having the sexes all mixed up when I'm trying to make plans.

i'd also like a list of dragon breeds that I could just go to and click on that would bring up the breed for me that I'm looking for. This way I could dispense with figuring out where on earth in my 20 pages of dragons the ones I'm looking for are hiding.

I'd also like that list for breeding purposes so I don't have to scroll through thousands of mates every time looking for the ONE I want.

The way its set up now is very unhelpful for persons that have played so many years that the dragon numbers are extremely daunting. It needs a re-think at this point for ease of use.

Edited by saltywench

I do like this idea. I know there are many different scroll sort ideas out there, but for those who don't want an overly complicated way, I think this would be a nice idea. Since I'm not super crazy about going into a lot of work on my scroll anymore, I would potentially use this (unless there were a way group and order things other than by numbers or manual moving that always needs updating).

I like the idea of sorting by breed and color. I don't always want my breeds listed A-Z or Z-A. So if I can't say.... list the order I want all the different breeds in, this would at least allow me some options. And I totally see how gender + another option would be useful for other users. Especially for breeding or... BSA + Gender for Pinks on Influence. So I understand and think its something to consider.

But while I would still prefer and use systems with a lot more options personally as my top choice, I would still think this is a nice option too. And sometimes people just want simple. Or one step above simple. But that is all!And I think many of our players are like that.

This would be INSANELY helpful to me. I want to breed sort except I don't want to have to adjust it everytime I get a new dragon.

Bumping this.

While I like the general idea of tabs/tags I would also love for this to be implemented.

I would love to have eggs and hatchlings on top.

But have the ability to sort by gender, breed and age all at the same time.

While keeping the alts of a breed sorted next to it.

Ex. Black alts will be below normal black. But sorted by gender and age.

----

I think tabs and tags are nice, but not everyone would be using them.

I know that before I started working on some lineage projects...I wouldn't have used tabs or tags.

I was merely happy to hoard my dragon and move onto the next dragon I was collecting.

-----

Having multiple sort filters and tabs/tags would be a time saver.

Edited by gigglymonkey12

I think that sorting by biome or elemental affinity would be good subsort options, although I don't think they really work too well as main sort options. ^^