KageSora

Multiple Sort Filters/Options

I searched, but didn't find anything. If there's something similar, direct me and close this!

I was, for the first time in forever, sorting my scroll, and I thought that maybe it would be easier if we could apply more than one filter at a time.

Now we can sort by date, breed, color, name, OR growth. Would it be possible (without too much work) to be able to apply more than one of these at once?

Such as by date, breed, and growth? Or by color and date? It might make things easier for some people. I know, you can do a sort then use a custom sort to get it perfectly to your liking. But what if you have a large number of Dragons, and that would take ages to do?

Would anybody else find something like this helpful? Would it even be possible (with a minimum of trouble coding)?

Specific subsorts could be added as well, for things like sort by color and breed, such as biome or elemental affinity.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

ooh this would be great. I was actually trying to sort my cave the other night and was discouraged to find that I could not select more than one. Custom sorting is great and all but sorting them the above mentioned way would be much easier.

Do Want!

I want an adjustable breed sort so badly. I want to pick which breeds I want to go where, and then it would just autosort them automatically. It'd be great.

I know there were a few suggestions for this, but they were all specific (like there was one for gender and breed and one for age and color and etc.) but yours is more encompassing, so I'm leaving it open. =O

Anyway, I have my own particular OC-ish way to sort, so I wouldn't use this, but I can see it being really helpful.

Maybe just check boxes by all the sort options and you can check up to two or something and submit and have it sorted like that?

I've always wanted a gender sub-sort. It looks... messy when I've got male and female sprites jumbled up within breeds.

@Sock--Ah, didn't see any of those, but I fail at searching. xd.png Yeah, though, the idea of checking two or three was what I had in mind. I figure it would make it a bit quicker for some people.

I love the general idea, but it has one big drawback. Because you need to give an order of precedence if you want to sort by more than one criterium.

Like, if you want to sort by breed and gender, which sorting would you prefer:

all male splits, all male albinos, all male blacks.... all male whites; all female splits, all female albinos... all female whites, all ungendered by breed (First priority: gender; second priority: breed)

Or would you prefer to have your dragons sorted like this:

All male splits, all female splits, all male blacks, all female blacks... all male neglecteds, all female neglecteds, all neutral neglecteds ... all male whites, all female whites, all unbreedables (First priority: breed; second priority: gender)

Plus, you'd need a second box to check whether you want to sort that criteria the usual way or upside down (for breeds: starting with dinos, then whites...)

I'm not seeing how this is a drawback. I kind of assumed that it would work where you have a primary sort, then a secondary sort. Primary being the first sort, secondary being... second.

It would just require a second "Automatically sort my dragons by" list, including the reverse sort.

I've always wanted a gender sub-sort. It looks... messy when I've got male and female sprites jumbled up within breeds.

Pardon my migraine, I'm too jumbled to think of anything really coherent right now, but I agree with this. I've always wanted to be able to do a breed-gender sort, instead of just by breed. They look messy when they're mixed together.

And yeah, you'd have to have a primary-secondary option, not just checking two boxes.

I *like* this! It'd be a real time-saver during sorting. :-)

(EDIT: I found out someone (arlymaye? sorry if I'm mis-spelling!) already suggested an idea I'd posted here, for moving all of a certain breed at once during custom-sort. Sorry. )

Edited by GathersScrolls

What I would really like is the ability to sort by race AND gender.

Especially for pinks it is nice to have all the males and all the females grouped together.

As it is, I have to do it by hand using Legacy Custom Sort.

I like this idea too, although it would be nice if the Zombie Dragons were considered their own race. Now, they stay sorted with what they were before.

Edited by Arata-Ryuu

I want filters too and I also want to be able to custom sort my scrolls

You can custom sort it already, it's on the right side of the change sort order option. Of course, if you have a large number of Dragons you're trying to sort in a very specific way it can be a pain...

+ support here too.

Filter would be nice too, but I would already be happy with sorting with multiple criteria, like you can do in excel.

I wonder if you could apply it as a 'primary' and 'secondary' sort filter. Sort of an order of operations thing. Do X sort first, and then sort the results again with Y sort. However by changing the order, you could get different results.

Example: If I wanted my dragons sorted by breed, with adults on top of each section and hatchlings at the bottom, I'd do Primary "Breed" and secondary "Growth". Doing "Growth" Primary and "Breed" secondary would give you all sorted adults first, then all sorted hatchlings.

Hopefully I am making sense.

Well, I wouldn't use it myself, but I can see where it would be really useful.

I wonder if you could apply it as a 'primary' and 'secondary' sort filter. Sort of an order of operations thing.

You do, that's exactly what I mean with the 'like in excel' comment.

I wonder if you could apply it as a 'primary' and 'secondary' sort filter. Sort of an order of operations thing. Do X sort first, and then sort the results again with Y sort. However by changing the order, you could get different results.

Example: If I wanted my dragons sorted by breed, with adults on top of each section and hatchlings at the bottom, I'd do Primary "Breed" and secondary "Growth". Doing "Growth" Primary and "Breed" secondary would give you all sorted adults first, then all sorted hatchlings.

That would be great, it'd be especially great if we could apply three filters like that, too. That could be really useful.

I haven't seen anything like this idea so I'm going to put it up for discussion. It would be nice if there was a sort option like a database has - for example I sort first by breed - 2nd by sex - third by age - with frozen hatchlings at the bottom of the list.

As things stand now you can sort by breed or color or age, etc., with no way to add any additional conditions to it.

Thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

EDIT apparently it has been suggested before lol thanks to the mod who didn't yell at me for my fail search smile.gif

Edited by TempestSea

I suppose this isn't that bad of an idea... but I already do this with custom sort, and I have a relatively easy time putting things where I want them. This wouldn't make much of a difference at all, at least for me. Maybe others might like it.

I do it with custom sort too, manually moving each dragon to it's position on the scroll. It just takes a long time - and I just hit gold trophy level... I can just imagine how long it would take if you are one of the 2k+ breeders lol.

I would love this. I have a spreadsheet that I sort like this--breed, "status" (caveborn, clean, or inbred), then alphabetical by name. It'd probably be a pain to code, but it would be lovely.