jaylynn

worst injury ever happened to you

Hmmm... When I was five, I was playing baseball with a neighbor. I was empire. My memory is a little fuzzy, now but.. We were playing in his yard, he was pitching to himself, not 30 feet from my house. I was empire, but I couldn't back of anymore because they had just cleaned their yard or something- anyways there was a bag of sticks so I couldn't back up further. I had this nagging intuition- Don't stand behind a batter without a mask... repeatedly. Anywho, the kid (who was about 6 or 7) swung behind with all his strength- with an aluminum (at least) 3 pound baseball bat. It hit me right on my eyebrow, inches from my eye. If he swung lower, I would have an eyepatch right now. I have the funniest memory of falling, him running inside getting his mother who shrieked and ran to me. I sorta blacked out and I was pretty sure I was brought inside. Anyways the weirdest part is when my parents came to get me, I was seeing things. Everything was colored green, like the emerald city in the wizard of oz. I have a scar where half of my eyebrow is missing. But because one eyebrow is white and the other is black, people can't really tell it's there anyway.

My friends and I were having a running contest- who could run fastest on a stone wall. I fell (luckily on the wall not the ground) and fractured part of my wrist/thumb. I had a huge cast for like four weeks.

Edited by DragonRider5624

Worst accident I ever had was when I crashed my new bike in the nearby wall while taking a sharp turn and broke my leg. The pain was unforgettable. More worse because I was miles away from my home around all strangers from a different neighbourhood, though the people were good and caring; I owe them for that. But it took a lot of time to reach the hospital and all the time I had this terrible pain surging through from my legs to my whole body. It broke really bad. Suffered for two whole months because of it.

I can only remember two, from when I was around 9 years old, and one from when I was 7-10.

The first was when my sister and I were stick fighting (how on earth did our parents allow it?!). The sticks were probably 4-6 ft. long, and the wood was thick and strong with no signs of decay. I trapped her stick just under mine, and we were both pushing on them as hard as we could, trying to break through the other's defenses. Her stick slipped under mine and flew upwards. It was so unexpected--neither of us would've given up that easily--that she had no control whatsoever, and it hit me smack in the eye. Had a shiner for weeks.

And one time I went hiking, and it activated Caeser's (I didn't pay attention to the actual spelling, but I think that's how it's pronounced) disease or it tightened my tendon, not sure which. Had to be carried because it hurt so much, and we didn't know what to do for two years--all the doctors diagnosed it incorrectly, and not even Ibuprofen helped. I literally couldn't run for two and a half years. Around the two year point I got a cast/airboot and some excersizes to do, which helped a lot, but nothing ever completely cured it, and I still can't walk or run for long distances.

Luckily I haven't been around long enough to have anything worse than those two, though.

Man, reading all thse posts make me feel glad I'm not injury prone, I say Injury prone cause I'm accident prone. I've never broken anything, got stitches etc... Although I have really weak ankles from playing netball for however many years and I sprain them constantly. Wherever I go my ankle sprains, it did it once just walking down three steps to my padio. I also faint at the sight of blood so even if I gat a little cut I feel faint and have to sit down most of the time I faint.

Although now that I write I did think of something, not really an injury but one day I was walking down fom an art class years ago and I tripped and rolled down the hill. Getting up thinking I was fine (My mistake there) Walking to lunch I sat down with my friends. Next thing I know everyone is leaning over me and I'm on the floor. I had a massive headache cause I apparently fainted and hit my head on the bars on the bench. Heheh got out of school that day..

Also I remember one old PE class we where pacing up for the day after netball. We have those removable netball poles. When people where taking them out one toppled over nd the netball ring hit my head... I fainted again and whent home again had a massive lump on my head the next day.

Not sure if I ever mentioned any of my injuries here, but I know the good reason why. Reading all of your stories about how you hurt yourself, I always feel woozy just by imagining the incidents, even mine. I remembered one time my dad was blabbing on about a gash he had his leg some years ago that was almost as bad as the one I had years before that, and I swear, the story lasted long enough that I almost fainted. I instantly jumped on my bed so it case if I did faint, I'd fall on something soft. I am not sure at all what this feeling is; I think it's somewhat part my fear of getting hurt. Accidental boo-boo's are unexpected, which is fine, and I never intend to try to hurt myself on purpose.

Only one of my injuries gives me the biggest hibbie-jibbies; I have two more (which are on my face) that are not as bad actually.

One scar on the left side of my head that is now right below the edge of my eyebrow (it was closer to my hairline when I was younger). I was six at the time. When I was having fun rolling around on my bed, I did have a quick red flag I might hurt myself before it happened...and it did. I rolled off the edge of the bed and hit the side of my head against the corner of my nightstand. I ended up with a small gash that exposed part of my skull. I remembered my mom came in right after it happened and I was surprised I didn't actually cry. I don't remember what happened afterward, but my sister took me to our nextdoor neighbor who used to be a nurse back during WWII, and showed her how to do a butterfly stitching on my wound. I do barely remember the next morning I felt for my wound, it was closed up.

Second scar is under my right eyebrow. This occurred in 2005 (I can't believe how fast time went by) when I was eating at a restaurant with my sister. Part of a gross story, I was having a horrible #2 episode, which was causing me to black out. Next thing I know, I found myself on the floor near the next restroom cubicle. Three questions instantly popped up when I was recovering. "What was I doing on the floor?" "Did I break my glasses?" and "What is this blood doing on my hand?" When I fainted, I fell on the hard floor right on my glasses with my head and part of it cut my right eyebrow like a razor. Where our eyebrows are, there isn't much flesh between the skin and solid bone, so if we hit against something just as solid as our skull (like a wall), it will hurt. So, after my sister took me back to her apartment and we went to a small hospital that was still open, the doctor closed up my cut with five stitches. The next day, I looked like a Frankenstein with the thing swelling so much. It only lasted a week until my normal doctor back at home removed the stitches.

This last story will be a short summary because it's this one that freaks me out the most. I was 10 at the time. All that happened was my leg fell on a hole surrounded by four concrete blocks and it cut on the front. It took two weeks of my dad doctoring it and bandaging it every night before it finally closed up on its own and took another week to heal up almost completely. Ever since then, every now and so when I get a regular itch on it, it takes longer than normal to relieve the itch.

I am glad I have never broken a bone or sprained an ankle yet, but then I've never done any serious sports before or ridden on a bike without training wheels (because of my fear of getting hurt).

This thread is making me feel very squeamish, and yet I can't resist reading through the posts still. XD

Got bucked off my horse, did a summersault/twist in the air and landed on my hip so hard the neck of the femur fractured. I had to have surgery and lie in bed and do NOTHING for 9 weeks. dry.gif Then I STILL wasn't able to ride for another 4 weeks after that.

Aside from that, I have ran through my house and caught my little toe one the edge of doors many, many times. I think I may have fractured it once. It still hurts a bit to this day.

Edit: Ooh! Also got bitten by a Jack Russel Terrier on my hand and mouth. Have scars from that. Poor little dog was a very messed up rescue (not to say that all rescues are messed up, I have been the proud owner of two darling angels from rescues).

I used to be quite squeamish around blood, but I had to force myself out of it when I started dealing with my two clumsy horses.

Edited by Horse2000

I was about... 12 or 12 when I went on a skiing trip. We'd been told that the Green was beginner slopes, and blue intermediate. But... someone was wrong >.>

I went down the green slope and found i couldnt stop and had lost control. All I could do was keep going and pray. But, there were people in front of me. So I started screaming at them to get out of my way. Most did. But, there was one snowboarder that didnt wanna move. He looked up at me like i was stupid. so, I sat down and started clawing at snow to stop myself. It didnt help.

I smashed right into him and he fell on me. Something popped in my knee. I screamed. They had to get the mountaineers down there and put my leg in an inflatable brace till they could get me off the mountain. they thought I'd ripped my ACL.

I hadnt. I'd just ripped almost every ligament in my right knee tho :l

When I was 12, I thought it would be a good idea to teach myself to snowboard, and I was doing pretty good for a nooby until I hit a patch of ice, went flying and landed on my leg wrong.

I heard it snap and new the damage before I even made it to the ER, was a spiral fracture with part of the bone through my leg, ouch:(!

Got emergency surgery that night since the bone was out.. and a metal plate and screws placed between the parts of the bone that I messed up.

So...about 6 months on crutches before they let me walk a little, with an air cast and about a year and a half later I was back running around like normal again with a lot of soreness for awhile.. and with a lovely scar down the front of my leg as a reminder.

Just about 4 months ago I had a car accident. I got on the hard shoulder of the road (that part where's gravel and dirt), car started fishtailing, I lost control and literally flew 5 meters down a slope into the trees - a woman against the forest. xd.png

I got away with a few scratches but my left hand was broken three times.

There goes my statistic of "never been to the hospital - never broke a bone" I've always been so proud of. :I

I was in the bath, and I cut my shoulder on the corner of the shower screen/glass thing. I still have the scar on my right shoulder. I was really freaked out just after it happened when I saw something like 1.5 cm hole in my shoulder. It didn't actually hurt at first, though.

Despite my terrible sense of balance and general clumsiness, I've actually been fairly lucky avoiding serious injuries (knocks on desk...)

When I was a toddler, I was running through the house and hit the corner of the TV with my eye. Fortunately the eye itself wasn't damaged but the area around it needed stitches. The scar has moved up my face and is now a tiny dent on my forehead.

My best friend accidentally hit me in the head with a rock. We were throwing small rocks against a big boulder, and his rock ricocheted and hit me square in the forehead. He was crying worse than I was when he led me back to the house - I could barely see because I was getting blood in my eyes.

I also sprained my ankle at the State Fair. There was a large rock on the pathway and I decided I'd move it out of the way. With my seven year old foot. I remember mostly being upset because we had JUST arrived at the fair and had to leave before I got to ride any rides. I was also mad about wearing an Ace bandage on the first day of school.

I also got a mild concussion from falling off a horse in an arena. He was a high-strung young Thoroughbred and decided to take off at a full gallop instead of the easy canter I was expecting. My foot came out of the stirrup and I lost my balance when he turned to follow the arena wall. I landed head first and was knocked out for about 10 seconds. He was a good boy though - he stopped immediately and I woke up to horse nuzzles.

Good question, LOL. Luckily (*also knocks on wood*) I've never broken anything too serious. But I've had a few injuries. :P

The first that I can readily remember was when I was really little. We were at where my dad worked - back then, building parts for military jets and missiles (yes it was awesome) - and I was twirling around like a stupid little girl in the parking lot. While no cars hit me, thank goodness, I ended up tripping over my own two feet and faceplanting in the pavement. I broke two teeth in front completely in half, had one fall out and another I *think* cracked, as well as one heck of a headache. To this day half of my left front tooth is still fake. That one was the adult tooth, probably the only one I had. =P

Second was being attacked by a dog. I have a pretty big scar on my leg from a dog grabbing me when I was about ten, left a puncture wound from one fang on my thigh. He also grabbed my wrist, but didn't break the skin. AND I KID YOU NOT don't ever name a dog lucky. I have three friends what have been attacked by dogs named Lucky now. @__@

Last that I can remember is having my toe smashed by a horse's hoof. But that wasn't terribly bad, though people seem to aim for broken toes when you are walking. >-> I essentially walked inside, though, and went OOH. IT CLICKS 8D waitthatmeansit'sbroken. crap.

Haven't fallen off of a horse yet. I ride a lot, though, so it's bound to happen someday. Just gotta keep riding those tiny arabs :3 less space to fall!

A fever and ear infection that put me in hospital when I was all of what 7-sish? Discounting the multitude of scrapes (few of which scarred) I've had, the worst I've ever done to myself since is sprain my arm, ankle and neck (all on separate occasions but the ankle several times).

Scraping my knee raw. I still have scar from it.

When I was eleven I was swimming at an indoor pool, I was swimming down a slide and went under water. When passing to get to the ladder there was like a "grate" which cycles the water up and down the slide. Anyways, the grate had such a pull due to some idiot leaving it on test mode, which enables it to bypass safe speeds of the pump (attatched to the grate) getting me stuck up against the wall underwater for five to six minutes. I was told 7 minutes but I'm not sure if that is even humanly possible. So, anyways my right hand was trapped and so was my back and head under water. My left arm was free, so I reached it up above the water and waved for help. Heh, while I was underwater I remember thinking "I don't want to die" and I was thinking about my life. Everything started getting white and I felt like I could breath underwater. Maybe I was close to passing out or dying due to all the blood I lost. I sustained a severely damaged muscles on my upper back and lower back. My upper spine and lower spine back have fractures from the injury. Recovery was annoying and I had therapy for a year. I'm okay today though smile.gif. The scars went away too! So, It's good to be alive! Haha...!

Wow, you guys had some serious injuries...

Mine was at P.E. class when I tripped over and ripped the skin off of both my palms. You could see the flesh underneath for days. That was disgusting...

If the flu counts as an injury, then I would say the time I caught it and my temperature was at 42 degrees Celsius. I fainted that time and stayed in hospital for two weeks.

Uh, I've had boundless injuries from my tomboyish life, and I have the scars to prove it. I'm normally pretty resistant to serious injury, but one I can remember was when I around seven, I fell off a wall and skinned both my knees - I swear, they were both covered in blood nearly instantly. I got up and walked calmly back to the house with my trousers covering up the worst (didn't want to horrify Mum xd.png) gave them a bathe and once the blood was gone - UERGH. It looked awful. I kept it secret, but it was hard...

And at SoiledLove: having temperatures that high is horrible. Two years back I had one that peaked at 41 Celsius and I was hallucinating. I had to go to the hospital dry.gif

Edited by rampaging wyvern

I fell off a horse, no injury, but it hurt like heck and I resented horses for a while after that. >->;;

I fell and hit the left side of my head. I have a shunt on that side!! Luckily it didn't burst!!

I was snowboarding on a green hill when this crazy 12year old comes out of nowhere I'm deaf and didn't hear anything before he slammed into me!

Lol not really tongue.gif

I was hedge climbing and got a gash on my leg down to the bone. But I didn't feel anything and didn't find out until my brother started a screeching at me. Got though it with no scars or lasting injury.

I also once tripped with a ceramic bowl in hand. I didn't let go and some got imbedded into my hand.

@ Rampage: I know. Once, my temp. peeked to 39 and wouldn't go down for three weeks...

One of my friends had around 3 near death experiences. He nearly died, thrice. Actually, if you count nearly being stung by a scorpion a near death experience, then four.

Hm, tough one because I've never had any sprains or broken bones or anything like that. I will name a few because I'm not sure what's worse.

One time around the age of 9 or 10 I was attacked by Saint Bernards. Three bite marks in the arm, and they tore up my clothes and they put a wound in my lower back which I had to go to the doctor for. All the bite marks turned to scars.

Almost a year ago I was in a water park and there was a VERY slippery part of the floor and so I slipped, and the other foot that was in the air at the time came crashing down and my second toe hit the ground pretty hard, had a big bruise under my nail for months.

Not long after I hurt my toe, I ended up falling off a curb and cut up my knee pretty badly. Have a scar from it.

Worst injury? I think that narrows it down to three incidents, which all happend to my wrists.

In first grade, they had us doing gymnastics stuff. (I bet you all can already see where this is going.) Well, they wanted us to do somersaults with no hands. I tried to, but freaked out and tried to catch myself, causing a buckle fracture on my right wrist.

In third grade, I was on some monkey bars in February. They were slick because there was still ice on them. I fell onto hard, frozen ground and broke my wrist again. Both bones that time.

Finally, in fifth grade, we were doing gymnastics again and I broke my left wrist falling off of the balance beam.

They all hurt like heck and made me unable to do just about anything for 3 weeks at a time.