Shadlok

Multiple PM recipients

Would you like the option of multiple PM recipients?  

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I will definitely support. I often see my Role Play threads die due to inactivity, and I have quite a few users who I poke to see if they quit or not, and wasting my time to send the same PM multiple times gets a little boring. I just hate having multiple tabs open. I also remember that I tried to send to multiple users, and it didn't work.

Limit, I agree to have 3-5 person limit. Any more would be spammy, and any less would be useless.

So, for those reasons, I fully support.

Well most of the times I open my pm manager several times and just C&P - but what about the FORWARD pm button - you can easily use it to send a pm to more members (of course there will be a slight time difference, but not too much)

While I agree that this might be nice I'm not sure it's necessary huh.gif

Mainly just to save a few clicks. This can be put on the back burner until we need it later.

Attaching a poll. :3

I personally don't care, as I'll never be using it. But should this be CC or BCC? CC isn't always desirable, and there doesn't seem to be an advantage over BCC .__.

I personally don't care, as I'll never be using it. But should this be CC or BCC? CC isn't always desirable, and there doesn't seem to be an advantage over BCC .__.

As far as I understand, BCC is just a CC of a CC.

Invision only allows CCs (at least to my knowledge, anyway) to be made.

As far as I understand, BCC is just a CC of a CC.

Invision only allows CCs (at least to my knowledge, anyway) to be made.

BCC = Blind carbon copy. It essentially means a CC where the recipients can't see who else you've sent it to.*

I'd be in favour of having both CCs and BCCs, if at all possible.

(Edit: *Or at least that's the idea. According to wikipedia, some email software still allows you to see other BCC addresses, and only hides them from the recipient/CC's. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_carbon_copy)

Edited by Zaxian

I vote yes! I was trying to do this today, since the wording on the form seems like it's something you can already do, to only be met with a million error messages. Then I found out via a few of the wonderful people in the Help Forum that currently sending messages to multiple people is not possible :/

I understand issues with spam, so maybe limit it to 5-10 people at a time/per message? Or the time between sending group messages? Or even just limiting group messages to people in your contacts list? Personally I don't want limits like these at all, but if spam is a concern these could be viable solutions.

Complete support for this.

Perhaps the amount of people you can send to goes up as your forum level goes up? It's unlikely that a spammer could get a decent post tally before being spotted and banned.

Then I found out via a few of the wonderful people in the Help Forum that currently sending messages to multiple people is not possible :/

I understand issues with spam, so maybe limit it to 5-10 people at a time/per message? Or the time between sending group messages? Or even just limiting group messages to people in your contacts list? Personally I don't want limits like these at all, but if spam is a concern these could be viable solutions.

Actually it is possible, but it's limited to certain forum mod accounts. There is a limit of 5 people that can be sent to in a PM.

Actually it is possible, but it's limited to certain forum mod accounts. There is a limit of 5 people that can be sent to in a PM.

Yes, but this is a REGULAR USER who is complaining. Not a mod.

@Topic Support

@Sockpuppetstrangler, I'm on another forum & it has the capability of a report button, & capability of insert (group) conversations, but it lacks the ability to cut short one person out, lets say u accidentally add an inactive member thinking he was an active one you talked to recently as his forum name was pretty much identical except for one letter & you didn't bother to notice it. lol.

Anyway, I think it was Xenforo and they are working to make a second one as I've heard lately, not sure

BCC = Blind carbon copy. It essentially means a CC where the recipients can't see who else you've sent it to.*

I'd be in favour of having both CCs and BCCs, if at all possible.

(Edit: *Or at least that's the idea. According to wikipedia, some email software still allows you to see other BCC addresses, and only hides them from the recipient/CC's. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_carbon_copy)

I'm on another forum with similar software to this and under the CC box there's an option to "Hide CC recipients from others", which is essentially BCC even if there's not a specific box for it. But hopefully a mod will be able to clarify whether it's actually possible on this software. smile.gif

Personally, I don't think I'd use this feature, but if it was implemented, I'd like to see it available only after a certain post count is reached. Not something very high mind you, just so that complete newbies can't PM everyone on a gifting list begging for stuff at once, or spambots (not sure if we regularly get those or not) don't have the feature available. Alternatively, a limit (5 or something) would also solve this problem, more or less.

I miss that option on here, so yes, I like the idea. ^^ If there has to be a limit, I'd say 10 people would be okay, but not less.

Edited by ZzelaBusya

Personally, I don't think I'd use this feature, but if it was implemented, I'd like to see it available only after a certain post count is reached. Not something very high mind you, just so that complete newbies can't PM everyone on a gifting list begging for stuff at once, or spambots (not sure if we regularly get those or not) don't have the feature available. Alternatively, a limit (5 or something) would also solve this problem, more or less.

Yes indeed. I'm on another forum where someone joined specifically to PM LOADS of us trying to sell something - yes, something that we might be expected to be interested in - but - well, he was banned in his first half hour.... It really was annoying while it lasted. (there is a limit of 10 there. I believe he hit 270 members before the ban kicked in... It doesn't take long, if you copy paste the message.)

It also needs to be something that mods can override if someone IS spamming away begging. A privilege that can be lost.

I thought I'd posted in this thread... I'd like to add my support to this as well. There have been several times where I've wanted to PM multiple members at once instead of copy-pasting the same message to each member. This would help cut down on mouse movement and clicking, always a plus.

I thought I had posted in this thread, but I guess not. I will remedy that now.

I would really love to see this implemented! I have breeding lists that I keep. They require the same message to be sent to different people. Having the ability to send the same message to multiple people at one time would make this SOOOO much easier.

Yes indeed. I'm on another forum where someone joined specifically to PM LOADS of us trying to sell something - yes, something that we might be expected to be interested in - but - well, he was banned in his first half hour.... It really was annoying while it lasted. (there is a limit of 10 there. I believe he hit 270 members before the ban kicked in... It doesn't take long, if you copy paste the message.)

It also needs to be something that mods can override if someone IS spamming away begging. A privilege that can be lost.

Or can be gained from post levels?

Maybe split the current "Members" group into "Members" and "Experienced Members" upon reaching Level 6?

That way, newer players could learn about the forum before they get more user tools. :3

Or can be gained from post levels?

Maybe split the current "Members" group into "Members" and "Experienced Members" upon reaching Level 6?

That way, newer players could learn about the forum before they get more user tools. :3

A member here who spammed several people (individually, of course..) by PM was at level 8. Being experienced doesn't necessarily make you NICE or well behaved.... So I do think mods need to be able to take away your CC facility if you misuse it.

A member here who spammed several people (individually, of course..) by PM was at level 8. Being experienced doesn't necessarily make you NICE or well behaved.... So I do think mods need to be able to take away your CC facility if you misuse it.

Maybe both in conjunction?

Maybe both in conjunction?

I've no quarrel with the level thing either way, but mods MUST be able to revoke the privilege.

The current poll is at:

Yes [ 115 ] [87.12%]

No [ 8 ] [6.06%]

Maybe [ 9 ] [6.82%]

It seems this is a highly favored option and something that not only I have wanted for a while, since I posted this topic in 2010.