Shadlok

Multiple PM recipients

Would you like the option of multiple PM recipients?  

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've no quarrel with the level thing either way, but mods MUST be able to revoke the privilege.

I'm just not quite sure if that's possible... /thinkthinkthink

I don't believe the Mod Control Panel has the ability to mess with things like that... To my knowledge, that's only in the Admin Control Panel, which only TJ has access to.

I think this would be nice, so long as:

- it can be revoked if someone abuses it

- BCC is not allowed

I think this would be nice, so long as:

- it can be revoked if someone abuses it

- BCC is not allowed

I'm sure it can be moderated.

Forum only BCCs. It's in the coding; nothing can be done about that, unfortunately... sad.gif

Yesyesyesyes, and yes! I've been always trying to send a PM to multiple people (and failing), but this would make life a lot easier for those who have to copy and paste a PM into multiple ones for a transfer or something smile.gif

ETA: Although receiving spam that way would be troublesome blink.gif

Edited by XiaoChibi

I like this a lot! I actually...needed this recently.

I was going to send the same message to multiple regarding trades (about six people). I didn't actually send the message, but I could see it as useful for occasional reasons~

+1 Support

I'm in the "Yes, if..." group. Because I'm afraid that people might join only to spam other users, I'd like to see one of two restrictions.

a) Only members who have at least 3 eggs (User level 3). Level 3 is reached with 100 posts. This way, new people would be restricted for a while.

B) Messages can be sent to no more than 5 players at once.

B) I think the forum is limited, with the exception of mass PM/email that our mods/TJ get, to 5 total people per message. Edited by gistofeverything

Ehm gist? Isn't that basically the same as this?

It might be a technical difference but the intent is similar for merging methinks.

i support this, even though i won't really be using it.

Ehm gist? Isn't that basically the same as this?

It might be a technical difference but the intent is similar for merging methinks.

I pointed this out in page 1, but there wasn't a merge.

I'd love this. It wouldn't be needed OFTEN, but...

I agree with this.

It's handy.

Roughly 12 months on from the last post and 4 years since it was first brought up. That's a lot of "water under the bridge".

Is there any possibility of this being implemented? There are so many lineages and giving/trading threads that could make so much use of being able to PM more than one person at a time.

Would love to have this, but TJ said if the current forum software did not support something, then he is not going to code it. He would rather spend his time improving his game mechanicanics. The only way we can get new features for the forumm is if it gets upgraded to a more current version.

Would love to have this, but TJ said if the current forum software did not support something, then he is not going to code it. He would rather spend his time improving his game mechanicanics. The only way we can get new features for the forumm is if it gets upgraded to a more current version.

And as I have said before - even though I would love this feature - ANYTHING but invision 3. Not least because as well as looking like facebook and stuff, the search facility is a million times worse and you can't archive messages AT ALL.

But it seems to be possible with the current forum software if mods and group accounts can send pm's to multiple recipients.

Support from me, that would be very useful.

This is a default feature of MyBB forums and it works well for them; I fully support this idea.

It is fully possible with this forum software, yeah.

I don't see any reason why it shouldn't have the capability for multiple PMs, I'm pretty sure the current version does support it. After all, it's even been mentioned that group accounts have the capability already.

I support this, though I've only needed to send a PM to more than one person a few times in the years I've been here. I know of one person at least who'd greatly benefit from it though!

The current version does have it but it is limited to group accounts and mods to prevent spam. Though I would love if normal members could have it.

I would really love to see this happen. I don't know if it's possible here, but perhaps a way to help with reducing the potential for spam abuse would be to set an invisible limiter of some kind, such like only members who have x number of posts and whose accounts are x number of days old would be able to PM multiple people at once. You know, add it onto the existing ranking structure somehow. Most spammers are not actually active on the forum as a whole, so it would be a rare thing that one would get through this kind of requirement.