Shadlok

Multiple PM recipients

Would you like the option of multiple PM recipients?  

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like the idea of reaching multiple recipients. It would help for The Giving Tree givers too, even though that's not as massive of a list as lineages.

I can think of one way to get around the potential mass spanner issue, but I don't know how feasible it would be to implement.

Add user-created groups, with the ability to set PM rights to group officers. Officers could PM the entire group.

How it would work:

Person A starts a role-play, then creates a group for that specific RP.

In order to add people to the group, Person A sends an invitation to the group.

The invited users must accept the invitation before becoming part of the group and thus being eligible to receive a mass message from the group leader or a group officer.

YES!!! This NEEDS to be added. It gets very time consuming when I have to send a notice to all the members of my lineage by copy-and-pasting. The way I think it would be good is if there was an option to add more members to send to and input their names (Separated by commas? Or maybe a + button to add text fields for multiple names?). Groups wouldn't be needed, then.

How it would work:

Person A starts a role-play, then creates a group for that specific RP.

In order to add people to the group, Person A sends an invitation to the group.

The invited users must accept the invitation before becoming part of the group and thus being eligible to receive a mass message from the group leader or a group officer.

That is actually a good idea. o_o

I quite like that idea personally, however...

People might want to send mass PM to people who are not specific, like old friends or something.

You can send your PMs to multiple people by separating usernames with semicolons or something.

Anyone opposed?

If possible, I would like that option, but not sure it will be possible. :3

Thanks for finding the original, Sock! Sorry about that...

I know project accounts have a carbon copying system, which to my knowledge is a lot like having multiple PM recipients. My main reason for wanting this is basically so that I know who I've PMed without it taking up space in my inbox.

Edited by stogucheme

Mod accounts have the ability to do this. We can PM multiple pm with our newbie gifting account.

anyway i'm neither for or against; while i do think it's a good idea, i know my mailbox would fill all the faster so before anything, larger mailbox plz.

It is certainly possible within invision - though as I recall there is a limit of 5 or 10 (I forget which of my forums is which on this one !!!) so that would cover the peoplewhospameverymemberwithonehugemailing issue. I could REALLY have used it for trading the other day, I have to say, and voted yes.

Would be really handy when I'm sending the same teleport link to multiple listers.

Would be really handy when I'm sending the same teleport link to multiple listers.

This is the best use example, I think. In TGT, when an egg is available the gifter PMs the listers for a "firts come, firts serve", wouldn't be really fair having the chance to send the PM to every lister in the same second, so the last receiver virtually has the same chance as the first receiver to get the egg in time?

I would LOOOOVE to be able to send a PM to multiple users with one click x______x

Recently, I've been gifting lots of vampires through the Vampires Appreciation Coven thread. To get the slot-nomming eggs off my hands as fast as possible (or even before the egg grows into an adult) I actually have to send the trade link to multiple people. Doing this for just 16 people (those listed with having 0-5 vampires) is a pain in the butt and takes aaages.

I can see that this would work IF it was implemented alongside a function allowing mods to temp/perma-ban a user from being able to PM (if they can't already); a "block user" function; and a "report PM" function that included options for "spam", "abusive", etc.

As soon as someone spammed multiple users, it wouldn't take long for some of them to log on, see the spam, report it, and block the user. Then as soon as a mod checked the logs and saw multiple spam reports on the same user, they could remove that user's ability to PM. Sure, it *may* mean that more mods may be needed if spamming becomes a problem, but that shouldn't be an issue either... if the only things that the new mods can view are the PM reports, and if all the mods can affect are those reported for spamming SPECIFICALLY.

I would love to see this implemented, even just as a casual user, it gets very annoying having to duplicate PM a whole bunch of people on a gifting list offering something. A possible solution to the problem of getting 10 PMs in your Sent Items - maybe if it just showed as one, but listed somewhere all the people you'd sent it to?

Indeed yes - I'm thinking particularly of my Doctor Who breeding lists, but it would also be helpful for any other breeding lists I have.

I can see that this would work IF it was implemented alongside a function allowing mods to temp/perma-ban a user from being able to PM (if they can't already); a "block user" function; and a "report PM" function that included options for "spam", "abusive", etc.

As soon as someone spammed multiple users, it wouldn't take long for some of them to log on, see the spam, report it, and block the user. Then as soon as a mod checked the logs and saw multiple spam reports on the same user, they could remove that user's ability to PM. Sure, it *may* mean that more mods may be needed if spamming becomes a problem, but that shouldn't be an issue either... if the only things that the new mods can view are the PM reports, and if all the mods can affect are those reported for spamming SPECIFICALLY.

Mods have no PM powers. If a user lets us know about someone spamming or otherwise breaking rules through PM, we can investigate and hand out warns from there, but we have no powers within PMs themselves. ^^

This would be perfect for TGT, as there may be many listers and I PM all of them the SAME PM anyways.

Carbon copying PMs to multiple people? I know project accounts get to do this, but what about normal members?

I'm thinking maybe up to three people at a time (though this can be upped).

Discuss.

Edited by gistofeverything

I'd love this. It wouldn't be needed OFTEN, but...

Carbon copying PMs to multiple people? I know project accounts get to do this, but what about normal members?

I'm thinking maybe up to three people at a time (though this can be upped).

Discuss.

I don't think I ever had to send the exact same PM to more than 3 people at the same time.. so 3 would be a good number.

I would absolutely love this feature, and I've been wanting it for ages.

It would be excellent for when you want to send a dragon transfer link (or trade) to multiple people.

As long as it's limited to 3, I'm fine with it. But without limit, this would only mean limitless SPAM in our inboxes.

I love this idea! It would make it easier for when I want to do something like, for example, send a transfer link to multiple people.

I'm going to point out that while you can send emails to multiple players, only the one you put in the send box turns up in sent items, which could be confusing.

Other than that support smile.gif

Well most of the times I open my pm manager several times and just C&P - but what about the FORWARD pm button - you can easily use it to send a pm to more members (of course there will be a slight time difference, but not too much)

While I agree that this might be nice I'm not sure it's necessary huh.gif

Edited by herk