chickenhound

Minecraft!

This. Does anyone know?

People do, but it's semi-private.

So me and you gotta play the waiting game.

I really need to get this game, lol. :3

I <33333333 Minecraft! biggrin.gif

Soo.. After actually buying the game, I decided that I might as well play in Normal mode and go through everything. Since a lot of people do, and I just love playing with the Creepers, such a joy! :] So, I have started and it's a totally different playing experience, and I quite like it. I like to risk it and run around at night with my sword and stab things. :3

If anyone is on right now, my friend has a server at

67.202.102.136:25011

when you spawn type /warp tutorial for all the rules and stuff. no whitelist, it's actually pretty cool.

Edited by Getpwned

started making a rollercoaster... (trying it out and getting the feel so I know what to do) got the basics and made a booster which works quite well, chicken got stuck in the booster though xd.png and minecart goes round and round all day until I finish my tracks... it's a funny sight to see, the chicken propelling the empty cart.

what is a booster?

There's a glitch where if two minecarts side by side touch, they'll accelerate each other to their maximum speed for quite a long time (I think forever)

There's a glitch where if two minecarts side by side touch, they'll accelerate each other to their maximum speed for quite a long time (I think forever)

forever yes. I also use one to launch... powered by another, they never stop xd.png poor cow... he got stuck by himself, I found him after the testing.

If anyone is on right now, my friend has a server at

67.202.102.136:25011

when you spawn type /warp tutorial for all the rules and stuff. no whitelist, it's actually pretty cool.

I will no longer play on that server.

I was never told that I couldn't make a floating island.

I worked hard for my materials, and just willy nilly BEFORE IT WAS DONE.

It was decided that it looked bad, and was deleted.

None of my hard work taken into notice, I was WORKING ON SOMETHING ELSE just to get more materials for it.

That's downright insane.

SIDE NOTE: What the Owner and Admin did is considered griefing.

Griefing is the act of destroying other people's creations on a multiplayer Creative or Survival server.

In anyone's eyes.

Edited by iPepsi

You never asked.

You also fail to mention the large forest fire you set right before leaving. Good job, chap.

It crashed the server.

*cough*hippocrite*cough*

I fail to see why one should ask before making a floating island. From what I've read, a lot of people love them because not only are they super cool floating islands, but they're also largely monster-proof. What's next? Will people have to ask before they build a house or grow a new tree?

But hey, I can't justify someone burning down a forest. Golden rule, but two wrongs don't make a right. Admin or not, if you suddenly decide to destroy someone's stuff, you shouldn't be surprised if they retaliate before they disappear. The average user shouldn't be wrecking people's stuff, but people do seek vengeance when their hard work is destroyed. In the case of administrators, wouldn't it go over better if you informed the person before you went and deleted the stuff they built?

The rules should be laid out with no room for doubt if you're going to arbitrarily ban a popular type of structure, imo. The one I play on only has one rule: don't mess with someone else's stuff. I put signs everywhere there to stake my claims on land (which is currently limited to the house I share with Fizzix, my lavafall base, and the skytunnel connecting the two). No one's done anything to my things yet except the odd mishap with water buckets at the lava base, and that's nothing a pickaxe can't fix.

Edited by Lythiaren

Right, I've been speaking with iPepsi over PM, and I told him that the only reason we deleted his island was because it was DIRECTLY over the city. I told him in PM that we'd let him have his island, but just if it was somewhere a little away from the city, or maybe in a specialized area of the city, set off just for it. He's apologized, and I've accepted on behalf of the server. I even told him I'd help build it. biggrin.gif

Also, I apologize for my overly rude and jerkish tone in my last post. It was unnecessary and I'm sorry. I was just mad over the server crash.

-HeadrushReaper(Getpwned)

EDIT: Started a minecraft blog in which I do a blog "Lets Play" series on a world I started yesterday. Link follows:

headrushreapermc1.blogspot.com

Edited by Getpwned

So I went exploring and generated some new chunks. Check it out!

user posted image

user posted image

That used to be not one, but two dungeons buried in the sand. I dug 'em up, busted the spawners for no reason (peaceful mode server lol) and grabbed all the loot. All of it.

user posted image

Mossy cobblestone included. Because I'm weird like that. Hence why the first two look like I puked cobblestone everywhere. |D

Edited by Lythiaren

yeah i noticed that in a bunch of times, dungeons just seem to like hanging out in the sand laugh.gif

one server i joined i went to the desert to get supplies for glass, found 2 dungeons a bit away from each other

on our main server i found one in the desert (our friend reset that map)

then i found one in the ocean when i went sand hunting again

on my boyfriend's one single player file he spawned in a desert about 3 blocks from a dungeon

monsters like sand

which texture pack is that?

Edited by darkshadow5392

yeah i noticed that in a bunch of times, dungeons just seem to like hanging out in the sand laugh.gif

one server i joined i went to the desert to get supplies for glass, found 2 dungeons a bit away from each other

on our main server i found one in the desert (our friend reset that map)

then i found one in the ocean when i went sand hunting again

on my boyfriend's one single player file he spawned in a desert about 3 blocks from a dungeon

monsters like sand

which texture pack is that?

Painterly Pack, I have a modified version of it, I love some aspects of it.

But yes, Lythiaren, after this "fiasco" I crashed the server for 24+ hours.

Yeah I'm using a Painterly custom pack. xd.png

Not really a fan of the default textures, so I went out in search of prettier, higher-res ones. c:

EDIT: ... I'm literally watching grass grow. Building death canals takes so long.

Edited by Lythiaren

i thought it looked like painterly but it looked a bit different laugh.gif

so i've come into a habit of planning out future projects on graph paper >_> only because i would hate to built half of a giant object only to find out that it is one square too far or too short

my friend hosts the server but his mom didn't pay the internet bill dry.gif but when we were over at my boyfriend's house we were hosting it locally so we were playing couple hours saturday night

current project 71 width, 32 height volcano lair

it's gonna have lava rippling down the walls shielded with glass

to get in pretty much fall through a hole in the top and down a chute to a pool of water

the hardest part is clearing out the area @__@ i don't know how many shovels i've gone through, i filled more than 2 chests with full stacks of dirt

my next project that i'm planning out is a castle

i'm trying to figure out the height i should make it......

it's gonna have 4 corner towers and each is gonna be an element (water tower, fire tower, ect)

and then i'm gonna have a bunch of rooms in each tower depending on the type

so far my plans are

fire - lava, nether, desert

water - water, beach, snow

earth - forest, field(probably mostly flowers), mountain

air/neutral - cotton(big fluffy white room : D), classic house kinda room, cloud room

i need to figure out the location of this and then i have to get the right height for the cloud room to be at the spot where the clouds pass through the structure

each room has to be at least 5 blocks high(or more) cause i need the trees to grow in the forest room : /

i was gonna let them grow before closing the roof, or just using the torch method and growing them inside

and there will be a big courtyard with a fountain : D

my friends in my college classes think i'm crazy when i talk to them about minecraft T___T then there are the ones that know what i am talking about and join in and confuse the rest even more

my favorite part of the castle is that i will have a lava lake and i trap at the door

i need to figure out how red stone/switch work cause i'm gonna have 2 switchs at the main entrance, one will open the door and the other will pour lava down >:3

Edited by darkshadow5392

Minecart boosters don't work for me any more >< I'm trying to make a minecart system that I could use to travel to and from my mine, but 1, they don't travel very far. 2, they don't travel very fast. And yes, I've checked to make sure I'm doing it right.

Hahey. I got the Minecraft, and I'm very nooby. I almost died twice when I found a skeleton dungeon, and then I found a glitch that let me see through all the ceilings, walls and everything, but lava was the only thing that I could see. It only happened for a second. Does anyone know why? Has anyone else had this happen?

Minecart boosters don't work for me any more >< I'm trying to make a minecart system that I could use to travel to and from my mine, but 1, they don't travel very far. 2, they don't travel very fast. And yes, I've checked to make sure I'm doing it right.

SP or SMP? I believe minecarts (and thus boosters as well) are not working in multiplayer.

Hahey. I got the Minecraft, and I'm very nooby. I almost died twice when I found a skeleton dungeon, and then I found a glitch that let me see through all the ceilings, walls and everything, but lava was the only thing that I could see. It only happened for a second. Does anyone know why? Has anyone else had this happen?

just a random glitch

pretty much it shows empty spots before the blocks generate

whenever it pops up for me i like to take a screen shot when it's intricate looking

so say you have a switch that if you step on it lava flows down on you

does the lava destroy the switch? i'm assuming if it is made out of stone and not wood that it would not....

the swtich should be fine (I'd think, never tried it) and speaking of switches... if I have a switch that changes rollercoaster tracks (but they won't go back to straight and only turn for some reason whether or not I have a track near that turned spot) and that switch is further away than 15 blocks... a red torch adds the distance I know this, but, it also doesn't allow the switch (for me) to switch it on/off or left/right in my case... and my switch, I'd like it to be there since anywhere else I can't seem to hit it. if I put a pressure plate the track doesn't stay "switched" long enough and my cart just basically dies no matter how fast it goes...

so any suggestions on what to do?

oh and an exploding creeper killed one of my corners to this coaster (which I call the failcaoster due to it failing so far on electrics)