chickenhound

Minecraft!

Well, now it's broken for everyone. I can host player, but you can't click on anything or else it crashes the server. I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with the server and working to try and fix it.

The server is finally fixed. Had to reload the world.

Unfortunately we have to start over, but I did state to not get too attached.

After having to wait more then two hours in order to have someone build something for me I had already built successfully and then destroyed at their request I have realised that multiplayer sucks and that single player is much better. If you want me to destroy something I have made perfectly so you can build it yourself you had better not make me wait two hours.

I think that multiplayer isn't very fun.... the respawning blocks killed all interest for me

For me its the inability to do whatver I want. If in singleplayer there was runecraft and I wanted to make a teleporter I could regardless of what anyone else said. Also I wouldn't have to destroy my work in order to wait for two hours and have no one do it when they said they would. The free blocks can be usefull though. I probably cant ever go back anyway becasue I kind of ranted and may have been banned.

After having to wait more then two hours in order to have someone build something for me I had already built successfully and then destroyed at their request I have realised that multiplayer sucks and that single player is much better. If you want me to destroy something I have made perfectly so you can build it yourself you had better not make me wait two hours.

That's too bad, your strip mine was great!

It looks like Joey's implemented a whitelist system; if I could get on that?

Thanks! I did realy like the mine. BTW there is a teleporter skeleton in one of the ajoining caves. I only deleted the one in continent 2 not the one in the mine. One used leaves and the other sand to operate.

Said builder was, at the time, building her own house. She made the teleporter I asked for first simply because I was closer and already had both teleporter holes dug into the ground.

Not only this, you were told that she was the player in charge of constructing teleports. we don't like to hear whining when you're told to take down something you weren't supposed to create in the first place.

Lastly, try to think of others but yourself; it's a good trait to develop.

Which is why i waited for two hours in the first place. I was never told not to make one. Just that she would. It wasn't untill after that I was told the she will make one was a dont make one yourself thing.

I would say that from a polite administrative point of view, telling a member of whatever you're administrating that they cannot make something that is highly useful for the enjoyment of whatever it is and appointing someone else to do it, then having that someone else take two hours to get around to doing the whatever it is themselves is a bit... rude.

Yes think about others. If you're running a server and people want something implemented so that they can better enjoy the game, don't tell them that they can't have it because you're BUILDING A HOUSE FOR YOURSELF. Administrating is a selfless job. You have to put the enjoyment others will have out of the game above your own. An administrator cannot tell people who are playing a game that they aren't going to take care of their problems because they're doing something for themselves because the administrator is in charge of making sure the game runs smoothly. That is their number one job. If you don't want to have to go out and do administrative stuff before you do your own stuff, don't be an administrator.

The job of being an administrator is to put others before themselves. Telling others to go take a hike cause you're building your house is a sign of a bad administrator, and I would recommend firing them and getting someone else who is willing to complete the tasks that only they are permitted to do before their own enjoyment. Work comes before play, and being an administrator is work, not play.

And to be quite honest, if THAT'S the kind of administrator being put on that server, I'm not coming back even if the respawning blocks problem is fixed. Administrators who do not take their job seriously are dead weight, and not replacing said administrator and yelling at the average player for complaining that the administrator isn't doing their JOB is a sign of a bad server owner.

If you don't want to be yelled at for not doing your job as an administrator, don't be an administrator. Don't step into those shoes then complain that you don't like the way they fit.

Edited by Layn

Say has anyone run into herobrine yet? my brother did once and it scared the living crud out of me and him

Layn, I don't believe that you were involved in this in any way. I can't control if you come back but I can tell you that I was not consulted before becoming an admin and I don't particularly enjoy getting chewed out about my own admin style for something another admin did. As I will explain, the commands we give you are there for a REASON... that reason being to minimalize the trivial little things that would impede game play.

The /point/ is that Salamance disobeyed the word of the server Owner and therefor have no right to complain about what happened afterward. You were told at least twice that you could accomplish the same goal that you were shooting for by making use of the /spawn, /home and /sethome commands. The first time you admitted to not knowing you could use the /spawn command... which is fine. The second time you were told to use the command you simply replied "Yeah, I was told" and proceeded to do nothing about it.

Yuki was building her house and you knew this; you asked if everyone was inactive and both she and myself responded that we were building. Now can you tell me one thing: if this teleporting system you wanted was so important... WHY did you not bring it up any time within those two hours?

Edit: If you have a response, it might be a good idea to send it via PM so that this thread isn't cluttered by some long-winded argument.

Edited by Rouxy

Layn, I don't believe that you were involved in this in any way. I can't control if you come back but I can tell you that I was not consulted before becoming an admin and I don't particularly enjoy getting chewed out about my own admin style for something another admin did. As I will explain, the commands we give you are there for a REASON... that reason being to minimalize the trivial little things that would impede game play.

The /point/ is that Salamance disobeyed the word of the server Owner and therefor have no right to complain about what happened afterward. You were told at least twice that you could accomplish the same goal that you were shooting for by making use of the /spawn, /home and /sethome commands. The first time you admitted to not knowing you could use the /spawn command... which is fine. The second time you were told to use the command you simply replied "Yeah, I was told" and proceeded to do nothing about it.

Yuki was building her house and you knew this; you asked if everyone was inactive and both she and myself responded that we were building. Now can you tell me one thing: if this teleporting system you wanted was so important... WHY did you not bring it up any time within those two hours?

Edit: If you have a response, it might be a good idea to send it via PM so that this thread isn't cluttered by some long-winded argument.

First, I'd like some clarification: how does making people wait for you to finish doing your own thing and then build a teleporter for them minimize trivial little things that impede gameplay?

How am I supposed to get to where he is if the only way to get there is through sethome? Layn's point is that regardless of whether or not you had the right to do whatever as admins and owners, what happened was sloppy, rude and just plain bad administration.

So Salamance isn't allowed to do it himself; instead, he must wait for you to finish building a house? If this was so trivial to you, why not just take a few moments to do it? Why is it so important that you spend hours building a house instead of A: letting Salamance just build the teleporter himself, or B: take a couple minutes and do it! When you're an admin, you have to put your players before yourself. It's already rude to spend hours building your house instead of doing something for someone, but when you're the administrator? Come ON. It NEVER makes sense to do something longer before doing something shorter.

Also, sorry that I'm not saying this in a PM, but I don't want to just have you reply, as outside opinions are important in any debate.

EDIT: All use of "yous" are not pointed towards anyone specific. I only used them because using "ones" does not work for this situation.

EDIT TWO: I also want to say that I may very well be misunderstanding the situation, as I wasn't there at the time. Also, sorry if I sound argumentative. It's a bad habit.

Edited by soupnazi

I like playing by myself, no griefers, and no one to tell me what to do. If I want to make a giant hole, then I can. But, that's just me personally.

Whats herobrine Clara? I have never heard of it before. Is it a mob?

It's a fake story about a weird thing in-game that looks like the player but with weird glowing eyes.

*shuffles dramas aside*

SO GAIS I'm building a sky tunnel. In the sky. Minecraft needs more sky tunnels. Discuss.

*shuffles dramas aside*

SO GAIS I'm building a sky tunnel. In the sky. Minecraft needs more sky tunnels. Discuss.

Pics or it didn't happen? :]

dug down to bedrock. No lava. currently building a stone and glass bridge across an ocean then going to dig to bedrock again.

Whats herobrine?

its a fake mob someone made some fake screenshots and a convencing pasta about how notch had a brother who died and now haunts the game

herobrine for the most part is kinda the minecraft version of DC's lag and data monsters

if something bad or weird happens in game it gets blamed on herobrine

you know saves/items dissappering poofing epic chunk errors etc