Skypool

Harry Potter Book Discussion

I rather liked it. Ginny liked him the first time around, and I'm not exactly sure what changed him, but it was still enjoyable.

I rather liked it. Ginny liked him the first time around, and I'm not exactly sure what changed him, but it was still enjoyable.

Ginny was 11 in the first book, she's had some time to mature and get heavily involved with other guys, but I think she was always pining for Harry.

Then year 6 came along. Oh, my, god, year 6. Ron wises up to her getting active and goes all berserk, Harry has a random raving monster of celibacy is painful little sister complex overprotective hero jealousy and then BOOM they get together.

* Who is your favorite Weasley twin?

Neither, they are both made of awesome epicness.

* Did you want Fred,Tonks,Lupin, and Mad-Eye to die?

Of course not. Though I wouldn't have been sad to see Fleur bite it.

* What house would you be in?

Eh. Doesn't matter.

* Should've Kingsley stayed Minister of Magic PERMANENTLY?

YES

* What did you think of the Potter,Diggory,and Chang love triangle?

Chang was a flake. Get rid of her and there's the shiny!

* Should Hagrid and Madame Maxime elope?

Good lord you people are gonna hate getting old! First of all there was chemistry. Did you even read the book? Also you are never too old for love.

* Do you believe all of Harry's triumphs were bogus or assisted with?

As someone else said maybe you missed out that this was all about friendship and working together.

* Who was your least like teacher?

Trelawney

* When you heard about Snape's *love* did you feel sorry for him?

Of course. It explained a lot.

* When Dumbledore and Sirius died did you cry?

Sirius; yes, Dumbledore; no

* Did you like how they portrayed the fifth movie?

No

* If you were Harry would you want to kill Cormac McLaggen after that horrific Quidditch match?

Yes, but who cares? Not that important in the grand scheme of things.

* RonxLavender,,, Good or bad

Blech....

* RonxFleur...Good or Bad

Blech.... She's a twit. Did I mention I would of rather she died then who you listed?

* What is your favorite spell,charm,jinx,or curse?

Repairo. Would use it on my car daily

* What is your favorite magical subject?

Potions

* How many times have you read the HP series?

Lost count

* Would you make a Horcrux if a person asked you to kill them because they were dying?

No

* If so what would you make it out of?

I wouldn't.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I don't see what you all have against Ron? I mean he was awesome! He was Harry's best mate and honestly one of the most loyal characters I've ever read. He had that issue during TGOF but who wouldn't in his situation and he admitted how wrong he was. Hermione was a know it all and honestly I was very happy when Ginny told her off.

I thought I'd also mention the two deaths that really got me were Hedwig and Dobby.

Edited by dk_labyrinth

Questions:

• Who is your favorite Weasley twin?

- I love them both equally. There is no picking between the two.

• Did you want Fred,Tonks,Lupin, and Mad-Eye to die?

- I could never want them to die. Almost all of the deaths in the book were required, some sad, but required. Though... I chose to ignore the fact that Fred and Lupin are dead. Just sayin.

• What house would you be in?

- Slytherin (though I'd probably end up in Gryffindor knowing my luck)

• Should've Kingsley stayed Minister of Magic PERMANENTLY?

- No leader should stay in power permanently, no matter how good a leader they are.

• What did you think of the Potter,Diggory,and Chang love triangle?

- It wasn't great, wasn't bad. Teenage hormones gotta start somewhere. I think it was just nice to see that he thought about something other than Voldemort.

• Should Hagrid and Madame Maxime elope?

- No eloping. Why should they have to elope when they can just have a nice, normal wedding wherever they want. And I thought they were excellent together btw.

• Do you believe all of Harry's triumphs were bogus or assisted with?

- Bogus? Obviously not. They actually happened. Assisted with? Of course. The fact that Ron and Hermione were always with him just made him stronger. Alone he would have never gotten through it. And that can be said for the strongest man or woman.

• Who was your least like teacher?

- I didn't really dislike any of the teachers. BUT... I can say that Lockhart

• When you heard about Snape's *love* did you feel sorry for him?

- Yes, but then I always had a soft spot for the man.

• When Dumbledore and Sirius died did you cry?

- Dumbledore no, but Sirius got a tear.

• Did you like how they portrayed the fifth movie?

- NO. Worse movie by far. They brutilized that movie and I was extrememly disappointed.

• If you were Harry would you want to kill Cormac McLaggen after that horrific Quidditch match?

- Sure, but what does it matter? By and large it had nothing to do with anything and Harry could never hurt an innocent anyway.

• RonxLavender,,, Good or bad

- Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad... have I mentioned Bad?

• RonxFleur...Good or Bad

- There was no Ron and Fleur and if there was... Hell no.

• What is your favorite spell,charm,jinx,or curse?

- Sunshine, Daises, Buttermellow, Turn this stupid fat rat yellow! Made of Awesome and... Fail tongue.gif

• What is your favorite magical subject?

- I believe it's a tie between Potions and DADA

• How many times have you read the HP series?

- Umm... I lost count somewhere

• Would you make a Horcrux if a person asked you to kill them because they were dying?

- No

• If so what would you make it out of?

I don't see what you all have against Ron?

This. Ron was actually a very human character, which is why I like him.

I also rather like Ginny as a character. Books where she's younger? Meh. She was the younger sister and was portrayed thusly. But then she grew into someone really powerful, and I really like powerful women irl and in fiction. Therefore, Ginny is love. <3

I have a lot of issues with the HP books, but I still love them. x3 (Except for the epilogue. That thing should die in a fiery death.)

The epilogue bites.:3 I mean do we really care about what happens to his kids at the Hogwarts Express?

I have a lot of issues with the HP books, but I still love them. x3 (Except for the epilogue. That thing should die in a fiery death.)

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

And I don't have anything against Ron, I just saw the series going more towards Harry/Hermy in the beginning, and as I just don't really like Ginny, I tend to ship Harry elsewhere...and by elsewhere I mean with Draco. Mmm Draco.

Personally at first I didn't have any good feelings for Draco but when he was well mocked by Voldemort I did spare a little pity.

I don't like Ginny either and never got the Ginny/Harry pairing. Ron and Hermione doesn't make since to me either - she could do so much better than him.

I epically hate Ginny. I just do. Don't ask why. Ron/Hermione was a good pairing, though; I kind of hoped they would end up together right from the beginning. x3

•Who is your favorite Weasley twin?

-Both. :3

•Did you want Fred,Tonks,Lupin, and Mad-Eye to die?

-Mad-Eye, yes; the others no. I just didn't like Mad-Eye.

•What house would you be in?

-Slytherin. 8D /is Draco fan

•Should've Kingsley stayed Minister of Magic PERMANENTLY?

-Remind me who Kingsley is again? /forgot

•What did you think of the Potter,Diggory,and Chang love triangle?

-Hated it. It Annoyed me, and I disliked both Chang AND Diggory.

•Should Hagrid and Madame Maxime elope?

-YES! 8D Epic couple. lol

•Do you believe all of Harry's triumphs were bogus or assisted with?

-I don't understand the question. @_@ I think his triumphs were real but he had help attaining triumph.

•Who was your least like teacher?

-Um. Umbridge.

•When you heard about Snape's *love* did you feel sorry for him?

-...I must have skipped this part. @_@

•When Dumbledore and Sirius died did you cry?

-YES. D< I was like 'AUGH NOOOO'

•Did you like how they portrayed the fifth movie?

-YES. I think it's the best one. x3

•If you were Harry would you want to kill Cormac McLaggen after that horrific Quidditch match?

-Which match? I don;'t remember this one...

•RonxLavender,,, Good or bad

-Bleh. Bad.

•RonxFleur...Good or Bad

-Bad.

•What is your favorite spell,charm,jinx,or curse?

-Avada Kedavra.

•What is your favorite magical subject?

-POTIONS! 8D

•How many times have you read the HP series?

-Once; planning to reread them soon

•Would you make a Horcrux if a person asked you to kill them because they were dying?

-No. If they want to be dead, let them DIE.

•If so what would you make it out of?

-N/A

I would make an awesome Death Eater. x3 The Death Eaters were awesome, and the Death Eaters (especially the Malfoys) rank at the top of my 'Fave HP Characters' lisnear

Ron was awesome! I loved Ron. <3 He was my favorite character out of the Whole series aside from Snape, who was also awesome. xd.png

YES. It should be burned. D< I HATED the epilogue.

I thought I'd also mention the two deaths that really got me were Hedwig and Dobby

WAIT. They DIED!? D8 In which book!? (I really need to reread this series...T_T)

LOL.

Dobby is the little epic House-elf who died after Bellatrix stabbed him.

Another Reference- He caused Harry to be blamed for his hover charm. He warned Harry about the heir of Slytherin. He bewitched a bludger to go after Harry.

Why did you hate the epilogue? D8 What did the epilogue do to you?

The series was an epic work! It was beautifully written, I wouldnt' change any of the major things that happened, though I really don't like the whoel Lav-Lav x Won-Won thing xd.png

Yeah, I didn't like the epilogue. It was too... gooey. Very much on the idealism side of idealism vs cynicism. *reads tvtropes too much*

The Lavender x Ron thing was just to prove to Ginny that he could snog someone as much as he wanted to after Ginny went off on a tirade about how he was complaining about her dating all those guys. Poor Lavender XP I thought that part was realistic.

Edited by ShaydraSilversky

I just didn't like the pairing, I very much enjoyed the humorous side of it! xd.png

Anyway, I thought Harry/Ginny turned out fine :/ I mean, JK Rowling writes well enough as it is...

I'm fine with Harry/Ginny (actually it's more like I don't really care), it's just that I abhorred the epilogue. Also, who names their kid Albus Severus :/ I mean, sure, he's honoring his mentors, but really?

Weird, Firefox spellchecks Albus but not Severus .___.

Severus is a classical latin name (yesh, I am a latin geek and yesh, Rowling gets a lot of inspiration for names/spells from latin) so it will probably not be recognized...

Anyways, I agree, Albus Severus was a terrible name. Hugo isn't a very good name either though...and Scorpius? really? Isn't that, like, a constellation?

w00t! Not the only epilogue hater.

It was like a bad piece of fanfiction. Blurg.

Yes, Scorpius is a constellation. That's kind of the point. x3

Draco, Bellatrix, Nymphadora, Narcissa, ect are all constellations. That was pretty much the Black family name patterning. :B

I don't see what people have against Ron/Hermione. I think JKR was setting up for it from the beginning.

Didn't really like the epilogue much, but Albus Severus is my favorite of the kids.

I know his name is silly, but it's the reason behind my favorite Ministry of Magic song.

EWE... FTW! The epilogue did NOT happen. (for those of you who don't read fanfic EWE=Epilogue What Epilogue?)

Personally I think the whole idea of Ron/Hermione was well played. And I did like how Ginny's character grew and matured. Though I'm with someone else... Harry/Draco. biggrin.gif

Edited for grammatical failure. xd.png

Edited by dk_labyrinth

Though I'm with someone else... Harry/Draco. :D

HI FIIIIIIVE~

I'm totally on board with the whole epilogue suckage. For me it was the whole... you have this wonderful, brilliant, amazing world you've created. You have it jammed packed with awesomeness.... and you end it with that. It almost seemed like a poor afterthought. And granted I can get the whole, bringing the story full circle from Harry's first time going off to Hogwarts to one of his children's first time going off to Hogwarts. Still, so much was left undone and unsaid. Now granted, my wonderful imagination can fill in the blanks, but to me... the whole ending was poorly rushed. Of course that doesn't make me love the series any less.

I liked Ron and Hermione myself. They fit each other very well and yes, it was building from the beginning. Of course, Ron is one of my favorite characters though. Yeah he had his dumbarse moments, but who wouldn’t given his situation. I mean honestly, I would have. The boy grew up living in someone’s shadow all the time. There was bound to be a point when he snapped and acted like a dipstick.

Ginny… I tend to fall on the absolutely no side. Yes, Ginny was always pining for Harry. Harry however, and this is just my pov, showed no romantic feelings towards her whatsoever. There was no build up. It was just bam, there they are and it’s time to recreate James and Lily. It was dry and had no depth. I can say though that had it been written better, I probably would have liked the whole relationship more. And granted, I do ship Harry/Draco more than any other couple… but there are still other girls that I’d pair Harry with before Ginny simply because the connection was always one-sided for me.

And can I just say that I absolutely LOATHE seeing them called by nicknames. I mean really. Calling Hermione Hermy just makes her sound like an STD. I think Draco would curse someone if they called him Dray. And Har? Really? Does Harry's name really need to be shortened? I think one of the only ones I like is Mione. That one I can live with.

Edited by cariad_winter

And can I just say that I absolutely LOATHE seeing them called by nicknames. I mean really. Calling Hermione Hermy just makes her sound like an STD. I think Draco would curse someone if they called him Dray. And Har? Really? Does Harry's name really need to be shortened? I think one of the only ones I like is Mione. That one I can live with.

I lol'd, but I do agree that Mione is pretty.

Who shortened the names?

Oh come on, babe. I know how you loved WonWon. xd.png

Oh come on, babe. I know how you loved WonWon.  xd.png

NOOOOOO WONWON Ever! Never! Just no. wacko.gif

And Nix... it was you LOL o.O You called Hermione Hermy -pulls face- which just reminded me of some of the other nicknames I've heard them called. Makes my brain itch.

Edited by cariad_winter

Ginny… I tend to fall on the absolutely no side. Yes, Ginny was always pining for Harry. Harry however, and this is just my pov, showed no romantic feelings towards her whatsoever. There was no build up. It was just bam, there they are and it’s time to recreate James and Lily. It was dry and had no depth. I can say though that had it been written better, I probably would have liked the whole relationship more. And granted, I do ship Harry/Draco more than any other couple… but there are still other girls that I’d pair Harry with before Ginny simply because the connection was always one-sided for me.

I see where you are going with this.

I thought it was a sweet pairing based on the emotion they show for each other while they are actually together, but I DO understand why you say that you have a problem with the Harry side of this.

I still like the pairing, I just have to agree with you on the fact that Harry's romantic interests towards Ginny seemed slightly sudden.

I see where you are going with this.

I thought it was a sweet pairing based on the emotion they show for each other while they are actually together, but I DO understand why you say that you have a problem with the Harry side of this.

I still like the pairing, I just have to agree with you on the fact that Harry's romantic interests towards Ginny seemed slightly sudden.

Exactly. The feelings they shared while together were sweet and I do think that they did do a brilliant job showing the emotion between the two of them in the movie version (despite the fact that things went down a little differently book wise). However, for Harry's side of it, it just felt very abrupt in both verses and one-sided to me. Thus, I have problems really feeling anything strongly for the pair.

At least with Cho/Harry there was build up.

Ron/Hermione... uber build up.

Heck Harry/Hermione had more build up than Harry/Ginny and they've always been just friends.

It seems sad to me that a pairing that like, given who they were... they would have at least gotten their real time together instead of just springing it and saying, "oh here they are btw".