lizardtail

fast food

fastfod can be a serious addiction. I got so addicted to burgers that I buy them every day at the university even if I'm not hungry. and often I buy a burger for myself on the way home though I can eat some good food at home dry.gif I just can't resist it.

I love McDonald's o3o Though the only thing I actually like from them is their fries and their chicken nuggets. I just cannot stand fast food burgers of any kind. :U They taste slimy and gross to me. ><

I eat burger king rarely, same with Sonic.

I can't stand Arby's. :U Just...bleh. I don't like their food ><

FINNALY AN ARGUMENT I AN RELATE TO

I flipping HATE and I mean HATE the people that say "MCDONALDS AND HAPPY MEALS MAKE KIDS FAT,LETS REMOVE TOYS AND DESTROY FUN *major trollface*" I mean it's the parents fault not the place the parents need to limit how often they get food and why the hell should we remove toys? alright so were giving children toys? yup that's making them addicted that's almost like blaming toy stores for making children anti-social because they approve of playing online video games..but that is a completely different debate I don't want to go in to ALSO I hate stereotypes that say "AMERICA IS FAT BECAUSE OF MCDONALDS" it almost makes me sad to be and American when people say crap like that

and there is my rant on the subject!

EDIT:I eat fast food every now and again but not frequently and if anything im underweight im about half a pound heavier than my sister and she is 2 years younger than me

Edited by penguin_adu6oo

I gave up fast food entirely when I went to college. It's just not something I need to be putting into my already too-large body. Recently I'd been loosening up on the stuff, eating it when my family did or while on road trips, until I gained 3 pounds helping my parents move heavy things into their new house because we ate nothing but fast food all weekend.

I just can't make healthy choices when confronted with onion rings, fried mushrooms, and delicious, fatty burgers. It's best for me to avoid the temptation altogether.

Love it, except mcdonalds. Then again, they just came out with that quarter pounder deluxe and it looks mighty delicious. I think I'll try it soon.

My favorite fast food places are A&W, tacotime, tim hortons, edo japan, extreme pita and probably some others.

EDIT: I also hate burger king. Absolutely hate it. I'm pretty sure they have the worst intercom system on the face of the planet. My dad got it every friday for like 10 years, so I've only went there intentionally once. And that ONE TIME I went there I ordered a steakhouse XT burger and they completely screwed up my order. The only thing I ordered was that burger, and instead they gave me some burger that resembled a cheese burger with weird sauce. Never again!

Really? I always get free things form Burger King. Just say that you got the wrong order and they'll give the "right" one. >=)

I usually eat fast food. And heck, not every fast food is unhealthy. I love to eat at Subway's. They make awesome sandwiches. Burger King and McDonald's are okay, I guess. Salad Creations I absolutely love it. And I think it's been more than a year that I don't go to BakedPotato. I should. They make awesome creamy potatoes...

Really? I always get free things form Burger King. Just say that you got the wrong order and they'll give the "right" one. >=)

Umm... I hope I'm not the only one here who thinks that's incredibly unethical. dry.gif

Every once in a while we eat out when I'm too lazy to cook. I adore McDonald's fries and chicken nuggets, KFC's popcorn chicken, and now I'm trying to kick my Subway meatball sub craving. Burger King though, is horrendously disgusting. I ate there once, and the chicken burger was paler than a dead fish's belly and was textured about the same. Never went back again ; ;

I rarely eat fast/junk food, but when I do eat stuff like hamburgers, taco or pizza it's homemade. The things you buy out just tastes grease. They don't know how to use spices very well.

There is however a hamburger chain named Max that is acceptable. I'll take those few extra minutes of waiting rather than the... stuff from McDonald's.

Umm... I hope I'm not the only one here who thinks that's incredibly unethical. dry.gif

You aren't.

I eat a medium amount of fast food. I've recently stopped going to Burger King and Taco Bell, but I still eat food from KFC, Wendy's rarely, and McDonalds. I rarely eat at McDonalds because of the rumors about the restaurant. But I LOVE their Shamrock shakes for March. YUM!

user posted image

FINNALY AN ARGUMENT I AN RELATE TO

I flipping HATE and I mean HATE the people that say "MCDONALDS AND HAPPY MEALS MAKE KIDS FAT,LETS REMOVE TOYS AND DESTROY FUN *major trollface*" I mean it's the parents fault not the place the parents need to limit how often they get food and why the hell should we remove toys? alright so were giving children toys? yup that's making them addicted that's almost like blaming toy stores for making children anti-social because they approve of playing online video games..but that is a completely different debate I don't want to go in to ALSO I hate stereotypes that say "AMERICA IS FAT BECAUSE OF MCDONALDS" it almost makes me sad to be and American when people say crap like that

and there is my rant on the subject!

I understand the argument. When I was a kid, going out to eat at Burger King or McDonald's (BK had better chicken, so I preferred to go there) was a semi-regular affair (usually about 1-2 times a month at most), but the food wasn't that much better than we had at home (no, that doesn't mean the food at home sucked, it's just having the option between homemade spaghetti and going to Burger King was a pretty even decision)... I preferred to go to an actual restaurant, so whenever we went to a restaurant I was much happier with the food (which usually was decently healthier for you than fast food... not enough to be able to eat it daily... but still).

Playscapes in McDonald's and BK always sucked... they smelled of vomit and sweat and were about 1/4th the size of the local bookstore that had an awesome one that had parts on the ceiling... Plus if there were other kids there, you were invariably going to be screeched at... So that wasn't something that drew me in.

However, the only times that I've outright begged to go to BK or McDonald's was when they had toys for series that I liked. I ALWAYS had to go to Burger King after the First Pokemon Movie was released because I wanted all of the like 70+ toys (only got 5... but still, I got Mew), 151 perforated cards, and the 6 gold plated cards. When McDonald's came out with the little Beanie Babies, we'd have to go every Saturday and Sunday during shopping and errands to get a new one...

And even beyond Fast Food chains, when Pokemania struck the US, I had to go out of my way to get mom to buy every Cereal (since each cereal had a different Pokemon spinning top in it), Pop-tart flavor (glow in the dark keychain), Kraft Mac and Cheese (little cardboard DISCS with the Pokemon in them... DISCS THAT YOU CUT OUT OF THE BACK OF THE BOX), and Fruit Roll up (which I didn't even eat because they sucked) for trading cards... All because I wanted to be the kid that had EVERYTHING related to the series I was obsessed with so I could be the biggest fan...

I still have most of the stuff in two big containers under my bed... where they've been for about 8+ years...

So yeah... I can understand where people come from when they say that the toys are causing this... because without the incentive of toys, I wouldn't have ever asked to buy half of the ****ty food I wanted... and that I eventually had to eat...

I would type more... but I have to fly to class...

-K-

I work at Burger King. Love the money, hate coming home smelling like fry oil. Blegh.

But it isn't. 5 dollars won't make Burger King get broke. Besides there's a drink refill, so you can get as many Cokes you want by paying just a little amount. So it means that the money lost with the drinks is nothing compared to their profit. It also applies to food.

And if they really cared about me getting free things, they would ask to see if the order was really wrong. But they never did, so I take that as a Okay.

And sometimes I get an extra sandwich by accident. Entirely their fault.

Heck, I even see other people doing that. So it's basically just taking some of our money back.

I.E Burger King spends 2 dollars to make a sandwich and it's sold by 10 dollars. 8 dollars profit for each sandwich. Taking some of it back isn't that bad. IMO.

I enjoy the first few bites, but after i eat the whole thing, I just get a headache and feel a little nauseous. I dunno if the taste of those bites are worth it.

I.E Burger King spends 2 dollars to make a sandwich and it's sold by 10 dollars. 8 dollars profit for each sandwich. Taking some of it back isn't that bad. IMO.

By that logic, it would probably be better to just make your own sandwiches xd.png

As far as unethical goes, though, yeah, it is, considering it's effectively a bull**** complaint. But if they aren't checking, I can't really say anything about people taking advantage of that, since I do consider it the company's responsibility to confirm that. Except maybe put it in the 'potential lifehacks' column, alongside the how to get free boxes of cereal and Twinkies.

But it isn't. 5 dollars won't make Burger King get broke. Besides there's a drink refill, so you can get as many Cokes you want by paying just a little amount. So it means that the money lost with the drinks is nothing compared to their profit. It also applies to food.

And if they really cared about me getting free things, they would ask to see if the order was really wrong. But they never did, so I take that as a Okay.

And sometimes I get an extra sandwich by accident. Entirely their fault.

Heck, I even see other people doing that. So it's basically just taking some of our money back.

And yet there's plenty of other people paying exorbitant amounts of money for the food because they don't want to lie and steal from the corporation that's providing them food.

And you really think that BK doesn't factor in these fraudulent claims in how they price their food? They know people abuse the system, and as a result, they increase the prices for the food to make sure their profit margin is still decent enough according to their tastes and according to what the people are willing to spend...

So by continuing to do this, you aren't hurting BK's profit margin and making it so the big wigs only give a $95 tip instead of $100 when they go out to eat, you're essentially pulling the money to pay for your food from the rest of the people who don't abuse the system.

Frankly, Burger King doesn't give a damn whether you steal or not, because either way, they're going to get the profit they want, even if they have to pull more money out of people's pockets to cover the difference. The only time they will care is when people stop paying, probably at the point where so many people are stealing that the rest of the people who are having to pay for them are refusing to pay the high price and money flowing it dwindles...

So yeah, it's unethical, because while you're not stealing money from BK, you are stealing it from the rest of the people who have the common decency to pay for the services provided for them.

And how is it taking some of your money back if you're stealing out of my wallet?

-K-

I work at Burger King. Love the money, hate coming home smelling like fry oil. Blegh.

I hear you, through highschool I worked at Hungry Jacks and I hated coming home smelling like hot chips and burgers, eventually I couldn't even the smell out of my uniform no matter how many times I washed it.

Also,

Subway now has more worldwide stores than Mcdonalds

I eat Fast Food on occasion, but here in Australia its ridiculously expensive, so most of the time I don't bother with it.

I like Subway though. I used to eat that all the time for lunch at work because it was the healthiest option.

And yet there's plenty of other people paying exorbitant amounts of money for the food because they don't want to lie and steal from the corporation that's providing them food.

And you really think that BK doesn't factor in these fraudulent claims in how they price their food? They know people abuse the system, and as a result, they increase the prices for the food to make sure their profit margin is still decent enough according to their tastes and according to what the people are willing to spend...

So by continuing to do this, you aren't hurting BK's profit margin and making it so the big wigs only give a $95 tip instead of $100 when they go out to eat, you're essentially pulling the money to pay for your food from the rest of the people who don't abuse the system.

Frankly, Burger King doesn't give a damn whether you steal or not, because either way, they're going to get the profit they want, even if they have to pull more money out of people's pockets to cover the difference. The only time they will care is when people stop paying, probably at the point where so many people are stealing that the rest of the people who are having to pay for them are refusing to pay the high price and money flowing it dwindles...

So yeah, it's unethical, because while you're not stealing money from BK, you are stealing it from the rest of the people who have the common decency to pay for the services provided for them.

And how is it taking some of your money back if you're stealing out of my wallet?

-K-

Just to add to that also that if any one restaurant sees too large a drop in their profit margin - due to, say, something like a rash of thieving - that restaurant will close and all of its employees will suddenly be looking for jobs in an unfriendly economy.

Yes, large corporations make tons of money and are fairly evil (with a few exceptions) but they're also very good at insulating the bigwigs and making sure the only people hurt by your actions are the little guys working for minimum wage.

-K-

Just to add to that also that if any one restaurant sees too large a drop in their profit margin - due to, say, something like a rash of thieving - that restaurant will close and all of its employees will suddenly be looking for jobs in an unfriendly economy.

Yes, large corporations make tons of money and are fairly evil (with a few exceptions) but they're also very good at insulating the bigwigs and making sure the only people hurt by your actions are the little guys working for minimum wage.

But they did it to me many times, ans not only on burger King, but in many other companies. And I usually do it once every 6 months, so it's not much how much I take back, compared with how much everyone takes from me.

But they did it to me many times, ans not only on burger King, but in many other companies. And I usually do it once every 6 months, so it's not much how much I take back, compared with how much everyone takes from me.

And so it's perfectly okay for you to commit fraud?

And so it's perfectly okay for you to commit fraud?

They've done it many times with me. I do it too. But in a smaller scale. The fraud they made on me was worth 300 bucks.

I love Planet's Sub, Ruby's Tuesday, Popeye's. Subway, Wendy, Taco Bell, New Greek restaurant, Arby's, Applebee's, Red Lobsters, Olive Garden, Out Borders Mexican, Church's chicken, Culver's that all my favorite restaurant are. what we had in my local to be. smile.gif

They've done it many times with me. I do it too. But in a smaller scale. The fraud they made on me was worth 300 bucks.

I seem to recall something about two wrongs... anyone remember how that old saying goes?

I seem to recall something about two wrongs... anyone remember how that old saying goes?

Two wrongs don't make a right (?).