lizardtail

fast food

I usually don't eat fast food, but when I do I try to control myself and not eat much of it.

Unfortunatley for me, I cannot control myself around KFC. I'd eat a whole bucket if I got the chance to. Same goes with Taco Bell. I could eat a gazillion soft tacos... sleep.gif

Edited by DaniBoo

I used to love fast food of any sort, just for the taste.

But I can't eat it anymore or I might get sick. x D;

Edited by Bloodfire101

Love it, and eat it, but not that often. I don't care how bad it is for you or what shady ingredients they may put in the food, it is too good to pass up!

I don't really like most fast food because of the grease (and the fact that the people in the kitchens always look extremely pained) but cheeseburgers are really good. Just...the kind you get from most fast food chains. Does pizza count as fast food? Pizza's good~

It really depends on how much time and money I have. But for the most part I've come to appreciate fast food chains and their ability to at leave provide calorie counts.

Edited by junifire

I'd really like to say that I don't like it, but McDonalds and KFC are guilty pleasures of mine. tongue.gif I'm not a very healthy eater and probably deserve to be a lot heavier than I actually am, to tell you the truth. One day it'll probably catch up with me. xd.png

In and out and Wendy's are amazing <3

Yeah. I'm eating WAY too much fast food this year. I probably should weigh more than what I am right now =P

I have a love/hate relationship with fast food. I hate it because it tastes so good and I know its horrible for me. It seems not days everything is genetically modified and packed full of chemicals.

Fast food: If it is not made from scratch at home or in a restaurant, it can be considered fast food. It isn't good for you, I know. I like a lot of it. Never had it as a child and only rarely had soft drinks or premixed drinks. I like pizza from some pizzarias, chicken wings, sandwiches, and burgers and fries. I'd really miss the fried onion rings from barbecue places, whopper juniors and side of guacamole on some taco or burito at Taco bell. It's the high fat content, high sodium and excess calories that do you in and why it can sit like a stone in your stomach after you eat it.

Unless you are splitting an order with several other people never supersize or mega size it. If you over feed your stomach it them wants more than it ought to have. Most of us like some forms of fast food. They are convenient and often tasty or satisfying like lots of foods and things that are bad for us.

Too much of anything is generally a bad thing.

I'd miss my fast food though.

I sometimes eat at McDonald's.

I like it but I don't eat them often because of health;;

Edited by sh20000sh

Nomnomnom.

I'm not a fan of the burger. I prefer a good pizza to any other kind of junkfood, really.

I do eat a lot of pizza, but I also go to the gym weekly to keep in shape.

It's not so much about the calories you take it as it is about what you do with them.

Edited by Ælex

I don't eat it at all unless I'm on a trip, then I choose McDonalds. But yeah the opportunities to eat there are pretty rare too.

Nomnomnom.

I'm not a fan of the burger. I prefer a good pizza to any other kind of junkfood, really.

I do eat a lot of pizza, but I also go to the gym weekly to keep in shape.

It's not so much about the calories you take it as it is about what you do with them.

Funny, I don't consider pizza to be fast food. But then again, I grew up in an area where more than one of the local cities had a section called Little Italy. I remember when I was a kid, one of my favorite sights was when my dad took me with him to the local pizzeria and I got to go into the kitchen to watch them hand-tossing the made-from-scratch dough. (And then I'd go home and try to do the same with my play-doh, annoying my mom to no end as I'm a klutz and it generally ended up on the floor. But I digress.)

Also, pizza is fairly healthy depending on the toppings. Sure, thick crust, extra cheese, and all the meats is pretty much a grease bomb. But a thin crust with all the veggie toppings is actually pretty good for you.

There's a brilliant Vegan Pizza tent at one of the festivals I go to. They hand make 'em to order on site. I suppose you *could* call it fast food... but that's fast food that's actually really good for you (especially if you have their proper vegan one without cheese. They'll also do with cheese for people, and do have ham available as a topping because they know not everyone there is vegan).

Pizza is one of the fastest foods here in Bulgaria.

There are stops all over the place where you simply pay per slice and get it warm and freshly made immediately with a napkin and a cardboard underlay so you don't make a mess. There's one of those places near where I'm at and they make pizzas fresh every day. I sometimes order a whole pizza in a box from them and get it right out of the oven to bring home for later consumption.

Also, I doubt I can ever switch to an even remotely vegetarian, or let alone vegan diet. I'm too hooked on meats. The only meal I usually have without meat in it is breakfast, and that often includes some kind of meat too, be that in my sandwiches or on the side with some eggs, or as I already mentioned on my pizza.

In addition, I did try it for two weeks or so a few years back, due to constant pressuring from my now distant friend who just wouldn't stop talking about it whenever food was brought up as a topic. My stomach started doing barrel rolls and I felt sick by the end of it. I dunno what I did wrong, but I'll stick to what works.

Lots of meats, lots of exercise.

Edited by Ælex

@Tikindi: that sounds yummy biggrin.gif

When I think "fast food", I think of chains like McDonald's and such. I don't like any of those at all. Pizza and such, though, I like more as long as it's decent quality (which would kinda take it out of the realm of fast food, hehe). And even then I prefer the healthier options like vegetarian toppings. Delicious *drools*

Re: the vegan thing, that's not actually something I could do either. My digestion simply wouldn't cope with it. I have enough trouble with the amount of veg we eat as it is, goodness only knows what would happen if I didn't have any meat to bind it up. [/tmi]

I like Wendy's Frosty and chilli. I used to like their Junior Bacon burgers but the price went up thirty cents and they shrunk about 30%. So I would be paying more. For less. I stopped eating them.

I like taco bell and KFC, though I've been trying to steer clear. And have been doing a pretty good job lately. (They are in the same store in my town. Can't avoid one without avoiding the other, yay!)

The only time I will eat MacDonalds is after I've been out having fun all night (anime, board games, video games, etc.) and I'm on my way home at 5am. Then I will stop and get a bacon, egg and cheese bagel, sans sauce. Only Micky D's I ever eat.

I've always hated Burger King. Even at a young age.

I'm not sure Subway, Moe's and Five Guys are considered fast food, but I love all three. Lately I've been addicted to Moe's. I go whenever I can.

I like Dairy Queen, but only for ice cream. I've never ordered any of their meals.

I know its bad, I only have it once in awhile.

(Have you ever tried McDonald's chocolate chip cookies though?!)

No me gusta.

I used to go to the Burger King near my high school occasionally and get their fish sandwiches because I needed food before rehearsal but had to stay at school for whatever reason and neglected to pack my own lunch.

Chick-fil-A was okay.

I always loved Dairy Queen blizzards, especially Oreo or Strawberry Cheesecake flavors.

Everything else is repulsive to me.

Ever since I changed my diet to paleo eating, I simply can't eat fast food anymore or it will make me sick. Like, "spend hours offering gifts to the porcelain god" kind of sick.

Needless to say, now that I'm on a college meal plan, it's very difficult to control myself in that aspect. I avoid the pizza and burger stations like the plague, and when the rest of the lines have nothing good and I give in to the pizza station I feel awful afterwards.

Fast food is food that can be put together quickly, maybe heated and served. Pizza qualifies although the ones made in an Italian restaurant I will give a miss on the fast food designation as long as the place doesn't have all the items ready to be placed on the premade disc of dough and cooked.

I so love pizza with onions, tomatoes, mushrooms (small - not portabello), olives, and sometimes bell pepper slices with the marinara sauce and regular not heavy cheese.

Spinach pizza with a white sauce is probably not as good for you, but it is a great change of pace. So is white pizza as an appetizer or with salad as a meal.

I want Fio's white pizza now! 16 and I in DC I believe. Yum! Pomegranate ice for dessert.

Sandwich places like Subway and Jersey Mike's and Deli's where they serve premade sides are also considered fast food. Most I find tasty, just not healthful and all the exercise in the world can't undo eating too much cholesterol or sodium. That simply helps combat the excess calories. Exercise is not a free ticket to eat fast food, helpful but does not overcome many of the bad things you can, not will, ingest at a fast food restaurant.

I'd miss them if I didn't go periodically.