Completely Different

Doctor Who

I'm interested; where exactly are you thinking of/have you started? I've had people come at it from many different angles, since its such a long runner.

"Oh I get it. We're dead. Again."

Yes, that was a classic, wasn't it?!

That episode was written by Mark Gattis, and the story is just typical of him!

The limit on the Doctor's incarnations are officially axed. They have been for a while now.

click here

It says they originally had 13 but who knows how many he might have because he is the last of his kind. tongue.gif

@dracocharky: Good point. Maybe she is making sure the job gets done? xd.png

It says they originally had 13 but who knows how many he might have because he is the last of his kind. tongue.gif

@dracocharky: Good point. Maybe she is making sure the job gets done? xd.png

yeah, but she should know his death is a fixed point in time... EVERYONE should know his death is a fixed point in time.

WELL, it is for now at least.

there are three (3) things I want to know...

1) how the doctor manages to not die

2) why river song keeps trying to kill him even though the young probably her already did it.

3) what the cot said!

and most likely 2 or more of those will be answered within the series. I shall be most frustrated if they aren't

yeah, but she should know his death is a fixed point in time... EVERYONE should know his death is a fixed point in time.

2) why river song keeps trying to kill him even though the young probably her already did it.

3) what the cot said!

and most likely 2 or more of those will be answered within the series. I shall be most frustrated if they aren't

The cot presumably had his name on it wink.gif It's probably something we won't get until like... the series finale or something.

I'd just like to point out that we can't see who's inside the astronaut suit. It might not even be River (though that seems unlikely at the moment).

Ha, that's cool! I love that the BBC and Moffat have made this the official A Capella version. Not many people can say they've done that.

That is a lot of Rory jokes @_@

"Rory doesn't wear centurion armor, centurions wear Rory armor." A personal favourite.

Personally, I like the ones included in this gif;

http://katrani.tumblr.com/post/6622767651/...ry-moments-from

"Rory Williams shot his fiance. She still married him."

"That which does not kill Rory Williams makes him stronger. In addition, that which does kill Rory Williams makes him stronger."

"The universe tried to erase Rory once. It exploded."

Still waiting for the "Rory Williams punched Hitler in the face," one.

Personally, I like the ones included in this gif;

http://katrani.tumblr.com/post/6622767651/...ry-moments-from

"Rory Williams shot his fiance. She still married him."

"That which does not kill Rory Williams makes him stronger. In addition, that which does kill Rory Williams makes him stronger."

"The universe tried to erase Rory once. It exploded."

Still waiting for the "Rory Williams punched Hitler in the face," one.

The original - Moffatt approved.

3) what the cot said!

Hmmmm....Maybe it's a future version of himself cause remember he says he is about 1000 when they ask how old he is when he dies. That gives him about 70 years to figure a solution....

Maybe he has to rescue River before any of that happens??

Hmmmm....Maybe it's a future version of himself cause remember he says he is about 1000 when they ask how old he is when he dies. That gives him about 70 years to figure a solution....

Maybe he has to rescue River before any of that happens??

Yes, but the doctors death is a fixed point in time, and some points in time cannot be rewritten, yada yada yada...

And also the ARC had better not go on for more an entire year /facepalm

You as well then?

Not...really? I've only seen two episodes (Blink being one of them), but several people I know are huge fans, I hear a lot about the show, and I want to watch it (but I procrastinate enough as is).

And I thought that cosplay was too cool to not share and it would fit better in here.

Edited by NixAyum

Just watched 'The Girl Who Waited' and I think its a contender for my favourite DW episode yet. The acting was amazing on all parts, the choice was just sadistic, the lighting, set and score were all amazing....wonderful work.

Just watched 'The Girl Who Waited' and I think its a contender for my favourite DW episode yet. The acting was amazing on all parts, the choice was just sadistic, the lighting, set and score were all amazing....wonderful work.

Amerylis and I thought it was great. While I'm not one to get emotional over TV, I think this one was close to bringing a tear to my eye. It was some amazing story-telling all-round and, had it not been for 'The Doctor's Wife' being part of this season, it would be my favourite thus far.

A lot of people complain about how Doctor Who is concentrating too much on companions and 'human stories' rather than 'alien of the week' stuff. I'm a strong advocate for having companion-centric stories in order to keep the series alive and episodes like this just add a tremendous amount of weight to the argument. Absolutely beautiful story.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00gygrl

New theory: The Doctor is in the 'Tessellecta' in this video. The Doctor we see at Lake Silenco is the 'Tessellecta' with the Doctor piloting it.

I like this theory.

It would also explain the fire- he would want it destroyed.

Only, how would he get out?

Unless he tweaked it to be controlled remotely?

I like this theory.

It would also explain the fire- he would want it destroyed.

Only, how would he get out?

Unless he tweaked it to be controlled remotely?

Consider what he's saying in that video...I wonder if it's a recording that the companions in his current time frame get to see. After all, there's still the question of where his TARDIS is when he dies - he surely wouldn't leave it lying around after all.

So it could well be that the Doctor is in the Tesselecta whilst it's burning, and it's up to River to jump into the Tesselecta with the Ponds and save him.

Chances are he's probably doing it to distract the Silence as well - after all, there is a Silent watching them at the edge of the lake, and as per 'The Big Bang' when he has to fake his death to distract the Dalek, faking his death using the Tesselecta could be a big distraction to get the Silence to look in the wrong place at the wrong time - while they're all at the edge of Lake Silenco watching the Doctor burn, the Ponds and River are off fighting the Big Bad of episodes 12/13 and saving the Doctor en route.