Completely Different

Doctor Who

Consider what he's saying in that video...I wonder if it's a recording that the companions in his current time frame get to see. After all, there's still the question of where his TARDIS is when he dies - he surely wouldn't leave it lying around after all.

So it could well be that the Doctor is in the Tesselecta whilst it's burning, and it's up to River to jump into the Tesselecta with the Ponds and save him.

Chances are he's probably doing it to distract the Silence as well - after all, there is a Silent watching them at the edge of the lake, and as per 'The Big Bang' when he has to fake his death to distract the Dalek, faking his death using the Tesselecta could be a big distraction to get the Silence to look in the wrong place at the wrong time - while they're all at the edge of Lake Silenco watching the Doctor burn, the Ponds and River are off fighting the Big Bad of episodes 12/13 and saving the Doctor en route.

oh, wait, I wonder if miniaturisation rays work on tardises?

The TARDIS can miniaturize itself.

Consider what he's saying in that video...I wonder if it's a recording that the companions in his current time frame get to see. After all, there's still the question of where his TARDIS is when he dies - he surely wouldn't leave it lying around after all.

So it could well be that the Doctor is in the Tesselecta whilst it's burning, and it's up to River to jump into the Tesselecta with the Ponds and save him.

Chances are he's probably doing it to distract the Silence as well - after all, there is a Silent watching them at the edge of the lake, and as per 'The Big Bang' when he has to fake his death to distract the Dalek, faking his death using the Tesselecta could be a big distraction to get the Silence to look in the wrong place at the wrong time - while they're all at the edge of Lake Silenco watching the Doctor burn, the Ponds and River are off fighting the Big Bad of episodes 12/13 and saving the Doctor en route.

It could be. biggrin.gif

One question. What is the Tesselecta??

River also piloted the TARDIS into the Tesselecta to save Amy and Rory at the end of Lets Kill Hitler so I'm assuming it would be able to park in the robot for a while...

I'm wondering if they're going to bring the Doctor's Ganger back. The trick worked twice for the Doctor, it would be amusing (if maybe a bit cliched) if the Doctor tricked the Silence with a Ganger Doctor.

River also piloted the TARDIS into the Tesselecta to save Amy and Rory at the end of Lets Kill Hitler so I'm assuming it would be able to park in the robot for a while...

I'm wondering if they're going to bring the Doctor's Ganger back. The trick worked twice for the Doctor, it would be amusing (if maybe a bit cliched) if the Doctor tricked the Silence with a Ganger Doctor.

I dont think they'd use a Ganger just because it's been overused by now - Amy, Melody, and of course the whole of that two-parter. And from what we've seen of the Flesh, it should have dissolved into a pile of goo the moment the Astronaut shot him the second time. That's even assuming a Ganger can mimic regeneration.

Am I the only one who doesn't like River/Melody here? Please tell me I'm not the only one.

I liked her in Silence in the Library episode but I don't really like her much in the more recent episodes that she has been in, but for that matter, I really don't like Rory or Amy much either. I personally wish the Doctor would get some different companions.

Am I the only one who doesn't like River/Melody here? Please tell me I'm not the only one.

Nah, I'm sure you're not the only one. ^^ While I don't dislike her, I don't really like her all that much either (she's just sort of a 'meh' character to me). But I admit, her character arc is interesting, especially since not many of the Doctor's companions are time travellers and I'm curious about what happens next.

The New-Who companions I like most are Donna Noble, Wilfred Mott, Capitain Jack, Martha Jones (even after she started pining after the Doctor tongue.gif), Rory and Canton Delaware (I know he's not a real companion, but he's on my list anyway). Of the Classic-Who companions I liked the Bigadier and Jo best (although this is far from final, since most of the Classic Who I've watched is from Three's Era).

My favourite Doctor is Ten, but I've grown very fond of Matt Smith's Doctor as well. Three is great too. ^^

Favourite episodes? Dalek, The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances, Blink, Utopia/The Sound of Drums, Midnight, The Doctor's Wife... and many more.

I just started watching the series. user posted image I actually cried for the Dalek (from the episode of the same name), and since I am typically an emotionless shell of a man, that's a big deal.

Right. *hits head* I knew that. xP

Watched God Complex today.

It was interesting. Wonder when we will see Amy and Rory again.

Another lovely episode, they've done a lot to deconstruct the relationship between the Ponds and the Doctor in the last two episodes. It would be nice to see them again, partially because I still want Karen to be my eternal slave, but because of all of the new Dr Who companions I think these three have the best dynamic. And Rory is far too bad-ass.

Consider this: Rory didn't have a room in the Hotel of Fears. The Hotel of Fears would probably have Rory in It's room.

Another lovely episode, they've done a lot to deconstruct the relationship between the Ponds and the Doctor in the last two episodes. It would be nice to see them again, partially because I still want Karen to be my eternal slave, but because of all of the new Dr Who companions I think these three have the best dynamic. And Rory is far too bad-ass.

Consider this: Rory didn't have a room in the Hotel of Fears. The Hotel of Fears would probably have Rory in It's room.

I wonder if someone tries to turn the Ponds against the Doctor.

*Laughs* That would probably be true.

We never found out what the Doctor's fear was..... rolleyes.gif

I wonder if someone tries to turn the Ponds against the Doctor.

*Laughs* That would probably be true.

We never found out what the Doctor's fear was..... rolleyes.gif

Probably himself.

We heard the Cloister Bell, so it has to be something very familiar. I would say yes, it is himself - think Dream-Lord.

Or, perhaps, the hint was given in the episode itself. Remember what he said about standing over Amy and Rory's dead bodies? Something where both the Ponds died and he survived would certainly be cause for the Cloister Bell to ring if they were in the TARDIS.

As for turning the Ponds against the Doctor...not quite, but close enough. Moffatt does a lot about the consequences of travelling with the Doctor, and I mean more than the one-episode throwaways that RTD did with Ten and Nine. Think right back to 'Vampires of Venice,' where Rory goes on about that speech of how the Doctor makes people dangerous - there has always been some tension between the Doctor and Rory. The whole of 'The Girl Who Waited' was all about the negative consequences of travelling with the Doctor, how it can ruin lives, and there's hints all through Moffatt's writing. The continuing and often-heartbreaking tale of River Song. Sally Sparrow and the Angels. The Bishop and his Clerics during the Angels two-parter. Rory, forever damned to guard the Pandorica. The premise as to why Melody & Amy was stolen. River's speech at the end of 'A Good Man Goes To War.'

Moffatt has really worked on slowly building up to the climax of last week's episode in my opinion; the Doctor really cares. I think what he did was very noble in this episode - and when he destroyed Amy's faith, I think that almost broke the Doctor's too. We all know he really is the save-the-day guy, that he is sometimes more than a mad-man in a box. I don't think he *needs* someone to show off to; he really is just a very lonely man who needs friends. So to give up on his best friend, to make her think he is nothing more than another guy in the street? Must have nearly broke his hearts.

I thought the one in the Doctor's room was River. He said something like "Who else could it be?".

Nah, I think it's the Doctor in the room. And the Doctor's faith was in River?

Nah, I think it's the Doctor in the room.  And the Doctor's faith was in River?

or in the tardis. hence cloister bell.

Edited by dracocharky

Yesterdays episode was somewhat disappointing, especially the climax when the guy "freed" himself from the cybermen head. I mean, weren't the cybermen supposed to cut his head open, retreaving only the brain? And putting that ontop of a pure synthetic body with synthetic organs? Also wiping out all emotions (and especially free thinking!) by intense electroshock therapy? And then all this "destroying the cybermen with love"-stuff, not even Disney would have used SUCH a silly back story. Steve Hughes gave his best shot as director, but i don't ever want to see another episode written by Gareth Roberts.

Edited by Ext3h

Late to the party, but Girl in the Fireplace and Empty Child/Doctor Dances really came close to making me cry.

"Everybody lives, Rose! Just this once, everybody lives!" And he's so happy. He's so ecstatic. The implications of what the previous hundreds of years have been like with that line disturb me.

I need to watch more recent episodes. /so behind

But what's the episode the Doctor loses Rose? Or Donna, as I like them both so far and apparently their goodbyes are heartbreaking.

But what's the episode the Doctor loses Rose? Or Donna, as I like them both so far and apparently their goodbyes are heartbreaking.

The episode where the Doctor loses Rose is "Doomsday"; the last of season 2. The one where he loses Donna is "Journey's End"; the last of season 4, in which he also kind of loses Rose again after having just found her.

Edited by Raistlin24

Favorite Episode(s): All of them! biggrin.gif Especially Midnight and all the Weeping Angels episodes.

Favorite Companion(s)(From Most to Least Favorite): Rose Tyler, Amy Pond, Martha Jones, and Donna Noble

Favorite Doctor: David Tennant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

Allons-y!

Raikielia

Edited by Raikielia

Yesterdays episode was somewhat disappointing, especially the climax when the guy "freed" himself from the cybermen head. I mean, weren't the cybermen supposed to cut his head open, retreaving only the brain? And putting that ontop of a pure synthetic body with synthetic organs? Also wiping out all emotions (and especially free thinking!) by intense electroshock therapy? And then all this "destroying the cybermen with love"-stuff, not even Disney would have used SUCH a silly back story. Steve Hughes gave his best shot as director, but i don't ever want to see another episode written by Gareth Roberts.

Lighten up. It was a feel-good episode. Given that in a few days we need to see how the Doctor escapes death, had to see Amy and Rory break up from the Doctor, and how dark in general Matt Smith's run has been, it was nice to see something a bit light-hearted and a bit silly.

Doctor Who isn't always aliens, blasters and sci-fi save-the-day; it's a family program and sometimes we want something family-orientated as the plot crux, not sci-fi or long threads. And this one, classic and predictable though the punchline was, was a good episode to satisfy those who need a bit of a break from all the doom-and-gloom plots.