MURDERcomplexx

Marriage Equality and Other MOGAI/Queer Rights

There is no evidence of a 'gay gene'. It is a choice of who you are attracted to. And it can affect the child in many ways, if you would take a gander at my previous post.

The brains of gay people are physically differently structured. It's purely and completely physical, you can scan a person's brain and tell whether s/he is gay or not.

I completely agree that having just one single parent is horrible, but for example, if two mothers were to adopt a little boy, who would play baseball with him, or help him ahem, in the teen years. Or two fathers to adopt a little girl, what if she got her period, and didn't have an experienced mother to help her get a pad in, or a tampon?

The same way how a single mother would manage with a son or a single father would manage a daughter, except in case of two mothers or fathers each parent has only half the burden of a single parent.

I completely agree that having just one single parent is horrible, but for example, if two mothers were to adopt a little boy, who would play baseball with him, or help him ahem, in the teen years. Or two fathers to adopt a little girl, what if she got her period, and didn't have an experienced mother to help her get a pad in, or a tampon? Or the thing of bullying. They could be picked on for having two mommies, or two daddies. I'm not saying they wouldn't be good parents, they would probably be loving, but they could get depression if they are bullied, or fall ill if they do not have proper parenting.

I disagree with you about the single parent. I come from a widowed mother. I have not had a father for 18 years of my 19 year old life. Does it suck? Occasionally. But horrible? No. Not by any means. Do I have mental issues? Other than I really have no attention span, nope. Was a bullied for it? Yup. I was the weird one because I had no Dad. Never did. Parent teacher conferences were always highly weird, they wanted both, and some didnt trust me when little 1st grade me said I had no father. Other kids couldnt wrap their head around it, made slurs that my mother must be ugly and my father ran out, when in actuality he died in a car crash.

What is my point of saying all that?

You can't judge a family unless you grew up with it and know every. single. detail. about it.

I have a female friend who only has a father, in a similar situation as me. Her mother was lost before puberty, and how did she get through it? Just fine. Men may not have the equipment for menstruation, but they understand enough to help. And if not, the girl can talk to friends, to other family members.

As for the little boy? Christ, I played baseball and soccer with my uncles and I'm a girl. Those teen years? Easy. You give him the sex talk of 'dont stick it in unprotected unless you want a kid.' Not that crude obviously -laughs-

Every kid gets bullied. Some can brush it off. Some can't. It depends on the kid.

There is no evidence of a 'gay gene'. It is a choice of who you are attracted to. And it can affect the child in many ways, if you would take a gander at my previous post.

It is a choice?

Tell me. When did you choose to be straight? smile.gif

It is a choice of who you are attracted to.

Even people who are heterosexual can't just "will" themselves to love or not love someone. A lot of life's drama is because people *can't* make that choice. It may not be a gene, but it most certainly isn't a choice.

Take it this way: You don't inherit your taste buds from your parents, yet you don't wake up one day and decide you will make yourself love carrots, for example.

Edited by HollyTheColliegirl

uhh...actually...it's not a choice on who you are attracted to.

It is a choice on whether or not you act on that attraction.

I certainly did not choose to be essentially unattracted to either sex.

Their brains are the same as every other person, this is something I shall not discuss if you do not understand the human body.

As for the other person, I apologize for your deceased father, but there are many, many other things that go into it that you probably aren't aware of, that I do not care to list for you. And as for the choice thing, there is no specific time that you choose to be gay, straight, or even bi-sexual. Everyone has their own time, I myself have always been the girl that is interested in men, thank you.

It is a choice, and once again, I am not arguing this topic with someone that does not understand the human body.

I completely agree that having just one single parent is horrible, but for example, if two mothers were to adopt a little boy, who would play baseball with him, or help him ahem, in the teen years. Or two fathers to adopt a little girl, what if she got her period, and didn't have an experienced mother to help her get a pad in, or a tampon? Or the thing of bullying. They could be picked on for having two mommies, or two daddies. I'm not saying they wouldn't be good parents, they would probably be loving, but they could get depression if they are bullied, or fall ill if they do not have proper parenting.

"It takes a village to raise a child"

School teaches sex education (usually), kids can have aunts/uncles/grandparents to teach them baseball or talk about periods. Families aren't the parents and child(ren) in solitary confinement, they can have help from outside sources.

Yes, you are absolutely correct that they can have other people, but it is not nearly the same as having a mother or a father teach you.

It is a choice, and once again, I am not arguing this topic with someone that does not understand the human body.

Please explain your reasoning for homosexuality being a choice, otherwise your opinion has no leg to stand on.

Lol...this makes me laugh. I was a single mom of my kids, including a son, from the time that son was 5. I played baseball when I was young. I taught him to throw and bat, took him to boy scouts, and, because I had all brothers, no sisters, was more than understanding about explaining to him things as a teen. He would even come to me with "issues" because I never made him feel wierd, I always answered all his questions honestly, and even pointed him in the direction of help when I couldn't give it.

He is happy and healthy, and says he had a great childhood. Assuming that a mom cannot adequately help out with "boy issues" is just another incorrect assumption. And a bit sexist.

Yes, you are absolutely correct that they can have other people, but it is not nearly the same as having a mother or a father teach you.

I learned about menstruation from others and from my own curiosity because my own mother did a horrible job attempting to explain. Not everyone's parent is able to sit their child down and have an honest conversation about it without being embarrassed.

That's fine. But they are really denied no rights.

I'm really confused. Could you explain your reasoning for this. This very thread exists to discuss whether or not they should have equal rights, including the right to get married. I can't find a way to make your statement work unless you either think they already have that right or think that marriage isn't a right?

Okay, if you decide to be ignorant and continually insist, there is NO evidence of a gay gene.

No need to name call, hun. And there may not be a 'gene' persay, but I do believe it's more likely due to what hormones the fetus is exposed to in the womb.

Again, not a choice.

Okay, if you decide to be ignorant and continually insist, there is NO evidence of a gay gene.

There's no gene for my schizophrenia either, but I certainly didn't choose to have voices in my head. rolleyes.gif

There is no evidence of a taste gene, either.

Edit ninja.gif 'd

Edited by HollyTheColliegirl

I am not saying a mother straight up cannot deal with boy issues, or a father cannot straight up deal with girl issues, but the other gender would be much more suitable. As for the it being a choice, I am no longer discussing it.

And the rights, they are denied no rights, except possibly having to pay marriage taxes.

There's no gene for my schizophrenia either, but I certainly didn't choose to have voices in my head. rolleyes.gif

i hope this doesnt offend, but i laughed. i am sorry. but that. yes. that made my day

Their brains are the same as every other person, this is something I shall not discuss if you do not understand the human body.

Quite oppositely: there are rather distinctive, clearly observable differences in the brains of different people. The differences - in functional people - aren't generally huge, granted, since the general brain structure is indeed the same for everyone, but they are there, and they determine enormous parts of what a person is like.

The brains of different people are identical in the same way the other physical characteristics of people are: I was born with two arms and two legs and two eyes and ears and so forth - hence I am your mirror image, no? It's not like you could have differently colored eyes and hair and skin, or be taller or shorter...

I am a straight person, too, however I never chose to be. I just am and have always been. I would not be able to change it without someone taking a scalpel to my brain, in essence. It is NOT a choice.

I am not saying a mother straight up cannot deal with boy issues, or a father cannot straight up deal with girl issues, but the other gender would be much more suitable.

I have a mother whom I love, but yet I never turned to her with any of my issues. I always felt more comfortable turning to my father. Edited by Shienvien

I am not saying a mother straight up cannot deal with boy issues, or a father cannot straight up deal with girl issues, but the other gender would be much more suitable. As for the it being a choice, I am no longer discussing it.

And the rights, they are denied no rights, except possibly having to pay marriage taxes.

Hon, you're being blind to the three links she's already posted listing the right we are denied.

Because we cannot marry, we cannot claim numerous things that married, hetero couples can.

We have to pay more taxes because we are forced to stay 'single'

We cannot see our partner in the hospital because we are 'not together'

We cannot adopt our partner's children if they pass because we were 'never married'

How are we not denied rights?

i hope this doesnt offend, but i laughed. i am sorry. but that. yes. that made my day

No offense taken. smile.gif Just trying to prove a point.