MURDERcomplexx

Marriage Equality and Other MOGAI/Queer Rights

But you have to take into account the majority, many would be offended or feel awkward if someone who looked like the opposite gender walked in.

I am and always have been pro unisex toilets. Sure, if you are going to have a pissing wall, put it in another room - but women have always had to queue for ages because they NEVER have enough stalls, and sharing them with the men who most times pee against a wall would help enormously with that.

But you should be able to use the bathroom of the gender you identify as. Anyone who minds - get over it. (Why would anyone stand out ? Go in a stall and do your thing. Who but you is going to look at your bits ?)

@ Mtntopview - being offended is YOUR problem, not theirs. How would you feel if you had to go into a toilet you felt out of place in ? YOUR need to pee is greater than their need to feel comfortable.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Mntpntview: You're bandwaggoning right there. I'll tell you right now that that is way off base.

I went to an all girls school who had one guy student because the person was transexual. He was going though the hormonal theropy and used guy restrooms all over campus and no one batted an eyelash. This coming from a community of close to 1000 (students, professors and their families, custodians and administrators._

Edit: Ninja'd by fuzz

Edited by brairtrainer

I am and always have been pro unisex toilets. Sure, if you are going to have a pissing wall, put it in another room - but women have always had to queue for ages because they NEVER have enough stalls, and sharing them with the men who most times pee against a wall would help enormously with that.

But you should be able to use the bathroom of the gender you identify as. Anyone who minds - get over it. (Why would anyone stand out ? Go in a stall and do your thing. Who but you is going to look at your bits ?)

@ Mtntopview - being offended is YOUR problem, not theirs. How would you feel if you had to go into a toilet you felt out of place in ? YOUR need to pee is greater than their need to feel comfortable.

I still disagree, I think it makes to much of a scene, and makes people uneasy. You can't just ignore other people's discomfort, how would you feel if I burned a gay pride flag? It isn't hurting anyone, they should just live with it. That's what you're saying essentially.

You're bandwaggoning right there. I'll tell you right now that that is way off base.

I went to an all girls school who had one guy student because the person was transexual. He was going though the hormonal theropy and used guy restrooms all over campus and no one batted an eyelash. This coming from a community of close to 1000 (students, professors and their families, custodians and administrators._

I'm talking about the average American male or female. Not an all girls school (which is probably extremely liberal)

You're bandwaggoning right there. I'll tell you right now that that is way off base.

UM - me ? I didn't think I was doing... sad.gif

I still disagree, I think it makes to much of a scene, and makes people uneasy. You can't just ignore other people's discomfort, how would you feel if I burned a gay pride flag? It isn't hurting anyone, they should just live with it. That's what you're saying essentially.

The person making a scene would be the one claiming discomfort. You want to make a scene - yes, you would be the person I would have an issue with. If you can't bear it - leave the toilet till they are done. They aren't hurting you in any way till they pee down your leg.

As for burning a gay pride flag - that would be a deliberate provocative and thoroughly unpleasant thing to do. It insults an entire group of people inexcusably. I would - again - take issue with you for doing it - and most gays I know would feel the same - oh what a shame, another homophobe on the rampage. The two are HARDLY comparable, though.

Edited by fuzzbucket

sorry fuzz you ninja'd me I'll make that clearer

and actually mntpntview there were a huge amount of conservatives on campus. No one really cared that he used a different restroom. There were girls who were nervous about rooming with him because he was heterosexual but that was easily dealt with. Also no one had problems with him shareing the dorm bathrooms.

How do you guys feel about the proposal in Arizona that makes it an arrestable offense for trans* people to use the "wrong" bathroom?

I think it's horrible that a person could be arrested for using the bathroom they feel fits their gender. It's no ones business which bathroom a person chooses to use.

If they don't want trans* people using a 'male' bathroom or a 'female' bathroom, make room for unisex bathrooms. That would be a better solution than throwing innocent people in jail for no reason other than them having to relieve themselves and John/Jane Doe getting offended.

Just my two cents.

I think he was taking about me

I think he's a she. smile.gif

I have a trans friend who takes t, and he passes 100% as male, so of course he uses male restrooms.

Is that so odd for him?

Like ok we are really put into a position here where we use one restroom and feel really wrong, or we use the other and risk getting beat up.

Remember the video of the two girls at mcdonalds attacking a trans woman for using the women's restroom?

I don't see why people have that much problems with a bathroom. Women's have only stalls. Not much opportunity to see anything there. Men's are a bit trickier, but then again, if you don't have anything against urinating in front of other men, I don't see why you should have a problem to do it in front of somebody in a woman's body.

But, that would open a lot of space for voyeurs and similar creeps.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

^ I remember seeing the McDonalds video - I was horrified and afraid to leave my house for a few days afterwards.

I don't see why people have that much problems with a bathroom. Women's have only stalls. Not much opportunity to see anything there. Men's are a bit trickier, but then again, if you don't have anything against urinating in front of other men, I don't see why you should have a problem to do it in front of somebody in a woman's body.

But, that would open a lot of space for voyagers and similar creeps.

If you were really scared by something like that, you could use a stall anyway.

I think you mean voyeurs....

Edited by fuzzbucket

I still stick with my opinions, one should stick to the gender one appears, but I do not say that this is a problem that needs fixing, and I have nothing against the trans-gendered and homosexual people.

Also in favor of unisex bathrooms. If it's stalls, there furthermore isn't even the 'issue' of people possibly seeing something. (My old workplace had bathrooms which were divided by sexes, but the men's, like women's, had no urinals, only stalls. I wonder whether the door would have stayed wide open a bit less frequently if there had been urinals? tongue.gif )

Not to mention, over here, it happens frequently enough that people simply don't care what the sign says anyway, and when the line gets too long behind the women's toilet, some of them simply will use the men's. And the world has not ended...

I still stick with my opinions, one should stick to the gender one appears, but I do say that this is a problem that needs fixing, and I have nothing against the trans-gendered and homosexual people.

--- AAAAGH ... IM HAVING TECHNICAL ERRORS ATM ---

Edited by Mtntopview

Most transexual's I've seen or met have looked like the gender they are, though not the sex of their body. Meaning these aren't people who look like guys going into the girls room (typically but I come from a small town and my expirence is limited).

By this logic people of color would still be using separate drinking fountains and women would still be in the kitchen. Other people's discomfort isn't a good reason to deprive someone of their rights, in my opinion.

Having been out a few times with a non-gender conforming friend, I can safely say that the majority can take a flying leap. People need to use the bathroom, it's a basic bodily function and no one should be prevented from using the washroom. Every washroom should be unisex and I wish I could find the image of the 'restroom with urinal/restroom without urinal' doors that I saw.

Besides, are they going to arrest cis people who go into the 'wrong' washroom? I've definitely done that more than a few times in my life because ladies washroom lines can be SO LONG. I am definitely never passing for a dude.

By this logic people of color would still be using separate drinking fountains and women would still be in the kitchen. Other people's discomfort isn't a good reason to deprive someone of their rights, in my opinion.

I'm fine with skin color, but gender goes a bit too far for me.

I'm fine with skin color, but gender goes a bit too far for me.

I take it that then you consider gender to be what you sexually born with?

Then let me ask you a few questions, what about people who are born with unidentifiable gender at birth so are assigned a gender through surgery? Do they get limited to a restroom that they don't feel is right because of what their parent and/or doctor decided?

Or what if you woke up one day with the opposite sex's body parts but could still pass as your self which restroom would you use?

According to psychologists sex is what your body physically is and gender is determined by your brain.

I take it that then you consider gender to be what you sexually born with?

Then let me ask you a few questions, what about people who are born with unidentifiable gender at birth so are assigned a gender through surgery? Do they get limited to a restroom that they don't feel is right because of what their parent and/or doctor decided?

Or what if you woke up one day with the opposite sex's body parts but could still pass as your self which restroom would you use?

According to psychologists sex is what your body physically is and gender is determined by your brain.

Correct I do think that you are to be the gender your born as, that is my opinion, and I am entitled to it.

Yes they do, they are born that way, they should deal with it. Don't make it other people's problem.

Not my problem, I was born the correct gender and like my gender, they should do the same.

(That's all in order of the questions you asked)

If you were really scared by something like that, you could use a stall anyway.

I think you mean voyeurs....

ninja.gif Yes, I did mean that. Fixed it.

Most of the restrooms that I've been in usually have a bit of open space at the top and at the bottom. I'm personally not afraid of it and I don't care about it. But there are people that do care. And, that can grow into something bigger - taking pics or videos for example and posting them online. And if the person in the stall is a kid... Just last year for example, we had a problem like that in our school; bathroom is on the second floor, but one classroom has a balcony that leans on the wall of the bathroom and the stall there had a window. Cue all of the boys crowding on the balcony and staring through the window at the poor girl in there.

@Mtntopview: How do you explain differences in brain, then? And why should they sacrifice their happiness and well being so that you can live in your little bubble?

Edited by PointOfOrigin