Jump to content
Bear

Abortion

Recommended Posts

I would like to note that a woman, Marshae Jones, was shot and survived but lost her 5-month fetus, and was convicted of manslaughter because of it while the shooter was let go. Because "she started it".

 

https://revolutionarykoolaid.tumblr.com/post/185890597603/

 

If you want more facts you can Google them as the case has been updated, but this is still unthinkable to have happened at all. Anti-abortion laws prioritize a mass of cells barely even alive over a thinking, feeling, intelligent person with their own needs and desires, and are extremely easy to twist so uterus-bearing people must either obey the whims of faceless lawmakers even in their private life or risk being punished for something as simple as a condom breaking.

Share this post


Link to post

I am not against it. It is none of my business what a women decides to do with her body. Your body, your choices. It ends there for me.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

I would like to note that a woman, Marshae Jones, was shot and survived but lost her 5-month fetus, and was convicted of manslaughter because of it while the shooter was let go. Because "she started it".

 

https://revolutionarykoolaid.tumblr.com/post/185890597603/

 

If you want more facts you can Google them as the case has been updated, but this is still unthinkable to have happened at all. Anti-abortion laws prioritize a mass of cells barely even alive over a thinking, feeling, intelligent person with their own needs and desires, and are extremely easy to twist so uterus-bearing people must either obey the whims of faceless lawmakers even in their private life or risk being punished for something as simple as a condom breaking.

 

That is just incredible.

Share this post


Link to post

Well that's fantastic. /sarcasm
>:v Rage still exists because they never should have arrested/charged her to begin with! 

Share this post


Link to post

That was unbelievable that they charged her but not the shooter. I don't care if she started it or not, the other guy shouldn't have been waving a gun around.

Share this post


Link to post

Stories like this make me lose hope in humanity, not that i have much left anyway.

 

We should be glad medicine is so far that abortion is easier and much safer done then it was before, everyone pregnant should be able to use this oppotunity.

If you dont want a child, do everything possible for you to prevent it but that still is not 100% safe as life & people can be horrible.

 

Your body, your rules. Nobody has the right to do choices for you if you can do them yourself.

Share this post


Link to post

My Opinion

I'm not planning on having any kids, but if I do decide to I'm probably gonna adopt one. I'm not gonna go through the process of having my own kid, especially since there are so many orphans out there who need a family. If I ever get pregnant, I will immediately have an abortion. But I'm already planning on getting myself 'fixed' (mostly due to health problems), so I guess getting pregnant won't apply to me after I do that anyways.

 

Personally, I think that abortion should ultimately be the person's choice - if guys can get vasectamies(?), why can't women more easily get abortions? I know girls can get 'fixed' so they won't get pregnant ever again, but not everyone wants to go through that (mostly because once all the stuff is gone the girl will go through menopause and doing sexy time will probably be painful). Of course, there's also the factors of finances and such - I feel that, if you can't even take care of youself then you should not have any kids. Not only will it be that much more difficult for your situation, but the kid won't be given the best that you can give to them and you may even jeapordize their health in the process.

 

I know that people get more help from the government by having kids, but that is not a good reason to have one. Think about it - you're bringing a new life into the world, and all because you want more money. I have seen this happen, where people have a kid or two but then abuse/neglect them because they only did it for money. And I'm not even gonna get into the vicious cycles that this causes for everyone involved...it's just heartbreaking. I'm not saying you shouldn't get help if you're struggling and have a kid, but don't bring one into the world so you can cheat the system into your favor. It's disgusting, vile, and downright cruel.

 

So...yeah, Abortions should be legal for everyone in every country, and the person should have the choice of getting one or not. But that's not reality, though I do hope one day that comes to pass even if it's after my lifetime. Like I said people can already get 'fixed' so I see no prolem in having an abortion.

 

Buy you're destroying the life of a new person by doing it! They are still a person, even before they're born! - Well, this is not entirely true. I believe that fetuses beome a 'person' once they pop out, as that's when their body is fully developed. If it were true that they are a 'person' before their birth, then why do they still need to be inside the parent? Well, they need to stay in the parent because they couldn't survive otherwise - this depends on hor far along they are, but when they start out they are literally just a cell that is self-multiplying itself. They have no brain, organs, or even a body. If you were to pull that out, it would die immediately because it cannot sustain itself. It's literally a parasite, living off of the host parent. If you want to go on a spiritual level, the fetus deoes not gain a soul until they at least have a brain (because without conscience or sentience we are no longer human) so it's not like you're damning their soul to hell or anything like that. Again, a fetus is a parasite until their birth as they cannot sustain themselves without the host parent.

In short, for me a person isn't a 'person' until they develop their own brain and are eventually born. Before that, they are simply a parasite that the host parent has to deal with for the next few months or so.

Share this post


Link to post

image.png.916e74cbdb4d416081e4325c3d9744b5.png
I don’t know if the second part is true, but research has proved the first part correct many times. 
611qN1Iv6XL._SX679_.jpg

I don’t know about you, but I think it’s cruel. They say that unborn babies aren’t alive until they are born. That is not true.There have been many cases where while abortion, the doctors can see the unborn baby’s face all of a sudden become twisted and terrified. Have you heard how they remove the baby? They use giant tongs to rip it to shreds and then pull it out bit by bit. 
Oh, and those protesters? Did you know various news companies are filming hundreds and hundreds of pro abortion protesters and only filming like ten or twenty anti abortion protesters? This is meant to cause some viewers to join the pro abortion side because according to the news, they seem outnumbered. In reality, both groups are rather equal.

 

ok that’s my stance. Haters gonna hate.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, iiDoubleDragDareU said:

 

Have you heard how they remove the baby? They use giant tongs to rip it to shreds and then pull it out bit by bit. 

 

 

Having had an abortion, I can state beyond the shadow of a doubt that this is false, particularly with regards to first trimester abortions.

 

In fact, the closest I've ever heard of something like that happening, it was something done in ancient Rome, and only as a last-ditch effort to save the life of a laboring mother if the fetus was stuck somehow. (Coming out shoulder first, or the head too large for the birth canal, etc. NOT done just because the woman didn't want a baby. If she hadn't aborted early on, and then changed her mind about wanting a baby, it was physically safer to have it and expose it after the birth. All of which was legal in ancient Rome.)

Share this post


Link to post

What she said - I have had one too. It's a LIE.

 

And yes the earth is grossly overpopulated - that is a FAR bigger problem than climate change. Sure you could fit us all into Alaska or whatever - but we couldn't live that way. And yes corporate greed is a dreadful problem - but that isn't the biggest issue - ghastly though it is.

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

What she said - I have had one too. It's a LIE.

 

And yes the earth is grossly overpopulated - that is a FAR bigger problem than climate change. Sure you could fit us all into Alaska or whatever - but we couldn't live that way. And yes corporate greed is a dreadful problem - but that isn't the biggest issue - ghastly though it is.

theres an argument to be made that corporate greed is the biggest contributor to climate change, but thats a discussion for another thread.

Share this post


Link to post

As a cis man, my opinion on abortion is simply irrelevant. It's not my place to have an opinion or any sort of governance on the topic of abortion.

 

your body, your choice.

 

Share this post


Link to post

You are the kind of man who should be running the country. (World actually.) Much kudos,. (y)

Share this post


Link to post

I'm also of the opinion that women should do what they want to do with their bodies. You want an abortion? Cool. You don't want an abortion? Cool. You agree with abortion? Cool. You disagree with abortion? Cool. Quite honestly, I'd say people against abortion are the ones in the wrong in the whole situation, but not because of their opinion. It's because they want to shove their opinion down everyone's throats by customizing the world as they see fit by limiting the options of others. It's totally ok if you disagree with abortion, your opinion is valid! But please worry about yourself and not worry about those who agree with abortion. You do your thing, you let other people do their thing, and leave it at that.

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, KrazyKarp said:

I'm also of the opinion that women should do what they want to do with their bodies. You want an abortion? Cool. You don't want an abortion? Cool. You agree with abortion? Cool. You disagree with abortion? Cool. Quite honestly, I'd say people against abortion are the ones in the wrong in the whole situation, but not because of their opinion. It's because they want to shove their opinion down everyone's throats by customizing the world as they see fit by limiting the options of others. It's totally ok if you disagree with abortion, your opinion is valid! But please worry about yourself and not worry about those who agree with abortion. You do your thing, you let other people do their thing, and leave it at that.

 

Wonderful post. 

 

Unfortunately in our society today, many people think like that with many different issues, abortion just one of them... They don't 'agree' with gay marriage so they want to force their opinion on others by not allowing it legally. They don't 'agree' with allowing children to express different genders, so they attempt to have those children taken away by accusing abuse or neglect. So many people seem to believe that *they* have the correct ideals and everyone else *must* be forced to follow those ideals. It's ridiculous, honestly. I live in America, which is supposedly the 'land of the free', and yet it seems like all anyone wants to do is control everyone else's behavior. You don't agree with something, you don't like the idea of something, that's fine! Avoid those people, avoid those ideas, live your life the way you want. DON'T attempt to control other people's lives based on your own personal views. 

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, KrazyKarp said:

I'm also of the opinion that women should do what they want to do with their bodies. You want an abortion? Cool. You don't want an abortion? Cool. You agree with abortion? Cool. You disagree with abortion? Cool. Quite honestly, I'd say people against abortion are the ones in the wrong in the whole situation, but not because of their opinion. It's because they want to shove their opinion down everyone's throats by customizing the world as they see fit by limiting the options of others. It's totally ok if you disagree with abortion, your opinion is valid! But please worry about yourself and not worry about those who agree with abortion. You do your thing, you let other people do their thing, and leave it at that.

 

15 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

 

Wonderful post. 

 

Unfortunately in our society today, many people think like that with many different issues, abortion just one of them... They don't 'agree' with gay marriage so they want to force their opinion on others by not allowing it legally. They don't 'agree' with allowing children to express different genders, so they attempt to have those children taken away by accusing abuse or neglect. So many people seem to believe that *they* have the correct ideals and everyone else *must* be forced to follow those ideals. It's ridiculous, honestly. I live in America, which is supposedly the 'land of the free', and yet it seems like all anyone wants to do is control everyone else's behavior. You don't agree with something, you don't like the idea of something, that's fine! Avoid those people, avoid those ideas, live your life the way you want. DON'T attempt to control other people's lives based on your own personal views. 

 

Absolutely to both these. No-one is forcing anyone who doesn't believe in abortion to have one - they don't get to STOP me having one either. And as  one with a trans grandchild - ys indeed. The number of people who tell me I should not be supportive sickens me.

 

Live and let live. Oppress not those with whom you happen to disagree.

Share this post


Link to post

I think abortion is very wrong. Most people with disabilities are aborted. I am a person with a disability. We are all children of god and we are made perfect in his image. I know everyone may not be Christian but this is my view on it. I am also a big advocate for people with disabilities. We are all important in this world.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, WerewolfNight said:

I think abortion is very wrong. Most people with disabilities are aborted. I am a person with a disability. We are all children of god and we are made perfect in his image. I know everyone may not be Christian but this is my view on it. I am also a big advocate for people with disabilities. We are all important in this world.

 

May I ask why you think 'most people' with disabilities are aborted? Because to my knowledge there is no actual proof of that. Many disabilities, especially mental ones, cannot even be detected before birth. Many disabilities are minor enough to be barely noticeable even in full-grown adults. I understand the general idea that aborting just because of disability may be a bad thing, but to generalize that 'most people with disabilities are aborted' is really just completely untrue. 

 

I am a person with a disability as well. I do not believe that my mother should've been forced to keep me if she didn't want to or felt like she couldn't handle it. I am 32 years old and my mother has gone through so much because of my disability, I have seen what it does to her, I have seen what it does to the people around me. Personally, for me, I think it would be selfish of me to force those experiences onto my mother. She chose to have me, and she doesn't regret it, but that should always be her *choice*. 

Share this post


Link to post

The abortion I had was nothing to do with disabilities unless you count the fact that at that time I would have killed myself rather than carry to term. I am a huge advocate for mental health issues, and your view would cause major issues for many with mental health issues, as well as those who know they could not carry to term, never mind take care of an infant. May I ask how many children who are not wanted you would be prepared to raise? Someone has to do it, if you want to force unwanted children into the world. Don't talk to me of adoption services. They are appalling.

Share this post


Link to post

@WerewolfNight Women shouldn't be forced to carry to term if they don't want to. It could lead to mothers abusing or neglecting their children and they grow up knowing they're unwanted by their own mothers and that causes a whole host of mental issues for both parties. I know life is precious, but what all these pro-lifers forget is the feelings of the mother they're forcing to raise a child they never wanted to have. They might not be ready for such a lifelong burden due to their current situation in life, or maybe they have mental issues that'd make things a hundred times worse if they suddenly had to take care of a baby on top of everything else they're going through. It's always "the baby comes first and **** everything else!" and that is just selfish.

 

I am a person with a developmental disability. My mother told me I was an accident, an unplanned child who just happened to come into existence, and we live in a country where abortion is perfectly legal. She could've just aborted me if she wanted to, but instead she decided to keep me. And never once has she said that she regretted her choice.

Share this post


Link to post

"Most people" with disabilities are not aborted, because fetuses are not people. (However, in case this is actually about a legitimate confusion: most fetuses and embryos with disabilities are spontaneously aborted, meaning the mass of cells dies naturally in the womb because it is not fit to survive.)

Share this post


Link to post

Actually if you want to take it that far,at least 25% of pregnancies, including perfectly normal ones, miscarry spontaneously. And that only counts those where the woman knew she was pregnant; the actual number including all of them is closer to 50%.

 

So almost certainly many more non-disabled foetuses than disabled ones don't make it to term, with or without medical intervention. Just for the record.

Share this post


Link to post

I think every woman should have right to decide of their own body, regardless of the circumstances. It's not about the background either, a poor singe parent 16-year-old may want to keep the baby, but a rich 30-something may want to abort it, but that's completely fine. It's your decision, no one else's. But I do think fetuses with too much time already shouldn't be aborted, or that it should be made early on. Of course, you don't always see it early enough and with disabled ones it's different. But doing it "too late" would also be much more traumatizing for the mother.

Share this post


Link to post

And when one refers to "disabled" foetuses, @WerewolfNight, are you seriously suggesting that a foetus clearly showing anencephaly, which in case you don't know, means having no brain at all, or one with deformities so great that it will die the moment it is born, must not be aborted? Not to mention that poor Irish dentist, I think she was, a few years back, whose baby died in her womb and was not allowed an abortion, because, God. It rotted inside her and she died of sepsis.

 

One size does not fit all. But choice is key.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.