DragonNighthowler

No More Chosen One, PLEASE!

Friendship may have been a huge part of the story, but you can't deny the fact that Harry always was the star. ALWAYS. He was the leader. He was the driving force. His friends were just helping... but the story could not have been so without Harry. Without Harry, Voldemort never would have died.

Nobody defeated Voldemort, once and for all, except for Harry. Ron, Hermoine, and Neville couldn't have. But Harry did. Harry is the CO of the book.

Voldy could have died without harrys help.

Star=/=Chosen One

I think this really has gone on long enough so can we ALL agree to disagree? Really there are so many chosen ones out there why get hung up on one that may or may not actually be one?

Either you're not sure what a CO is, or you really are deliberately seeing what you want to see.

A CO IS always the star.

The star may not be a CO, but Harry's got just too many things not to consider him a CO. I completely agree with Zovesta.

Either you're not sure what a CO is, or you really are deliberately seeing what you want to see.

A CO IS always the star.

The star may not be a CO, but Harry's got just too many things not to consider him a CO. I completely agree with Zovesta.

Harry has nothing special. NOTHING. At least nothing to help with the fight. There was the wand but hey it might have done it with anybody. If anybody is reading what they want to see it is you not me. Don't start throwing the insults. It will only get us in trouble.

I shall repeat AGREE to DISAGREE it has gone on long enough. We are getting NOWHERE and is just getting tiresome. There are plenty of COs out there to talk about. Pick one, PLEASE. I will say harry was a self-chosen one and you will say he was a chosen one and leave it at that. Almost 10 or what pages is enough. So PLEASE I BEG YOU JUST AGREE to DISAGREE.

Harry has nothing special. NOTHING. At least nothing to help with the fight. There was the wand but hey it might have done it with anybody. If anybody is reading what they want to see it is you not me. Don't start throwing the insults. It will only get us in trouble.

I shall repeat AGREE to DISAGREE it has gone on long enough. We are getting NOWHERE and is just getting tiresome. There are plenty of COs out there to talk about. Pick one, PLEASE. I will say harry was a self-chosen one and you will say he was a chosen one and leave it at that. Almost 10 or what pages is enough. So PLEASE I BEG YOU JUST AGREE to DISAGREE.

Wait, what? O_O

I did not insult you. It's you getting irritated because we're not agreeing with you!

If you believe I did insult you, I encourage you to click that report button and let a mod decide.

Harry is not special? xd.png Ok, whatever. He did not speak Parsel, he didn't have the Phoenix feather wand. He didn't have a special connection with Voldemort. He was not talented enough to learn some pretty tricky spells. No.... he wasn't special.

It doesn't matter how he adquired those gifts. He had them, and that made him special, and it is enough to make him a CO. I repeat, it's how the story is told. As a whole, a saga can't be split into what suits you best. The whole thing is told as a hero's journey of a CO, from a special child, with a special gift (even if it was his mother, I don't care, he HAS the gift) that killed off Voldemort, to him being a great flier even when he had never been on a broom, speaking parsel (again, I don't care how he got it, he HAS it, and THAT'S the point, that nobody else but him HAS that gift or curse), being talented with a few spells, and a long list of etc.

If he was completely normal, then he wouldn't be a CO. But he isn't normal. He has all this traits that make him a CO and a Gary Stu for that matter.

Eragon IS a CO. He just happened to find the dragon egg, and it gave him powers. The fact that it was luck, or random, doesn't make him any less CO.

Why should I agree to disagree? Just leave if you're so irritated. I'm not forcing you to come back and keep arguing.

And why would it be a 17 year old teenager full of hormones, and who has had no more training than cleaning horse manure? Wouldn't it be logical if a Chosen One was actually a mature, strong, skilled man?

Teenage heroes sell, adults heroes don't. (As much.)

Teenage heroes sell, adults heroes don't. (As much.)

I guess you're right, in part tongue.gif.

Harry Dresden is an adult hero and he rocks!

TBH, I hate child heroes and teenage heroes. I like adult heroes... elderly heroes are the best, though. biggrin.gif I wish there were more stories about 40-year old black women with a disease or something going off to kick ass.

I've nothing more to contribute, so I shall leave.

Wait, what? O_O

I did not insult you. It's you getting irritated because we're not agreeing with you!

If you believe I did insult you, I encourage you to click that report button and let a mod decide.

Harry is not special? xd.png Ok, whatever. He did not speak Parsel, he didn't have the Phoenix feather wand. He didn't have a special connection with Voldemort. He was not talented enough to learn some pretty tricky spells. No.... he wasn't special.

It doesn't matter how he adquired those gifts. He had them, and that made him special, and it is enough to make him a CO. I repeat, it's how the story is told. As a whole, a saga can't be split into what suits you best. The whole thing is told as a hero's journey of a CO, from a special child, with a special gift (even if it was his mother, I don't care, he HAS the gift) that killed off Voldemort, to him being a great flier even when he had never been on a broom, speaking parsel (again, I don't care how he got it, he HAS it, and THAT'S the point, that nobody else but him HAS that gift or curse), being talented with a few spells, and a long list of etc.

If he was completely normal, then he wouldn't be a CO. But he isn't normal. He has all this traits that make him a CO and a Gary Stu for that matter.

Eragon IS a CO. He just happened to find the dragon egg, and it gave him powers. The fact that it was luck, or random, doesn't make him any less CO.

Why should I agree to disagree? Just leave if you're so irritated. I'm not forcing you to come back and keep arguing.

Wasn't it you who said I was reading what I wanted or didn't know what a CO was? Yes that sounds pretty insulting to me.

Parsel tongue has no help in a fight. Phoenix wand broke before the big fight. The connection to voldemort was he was a horcrux and voldemort destroyed it when he almost killed harry the third time. The ONLY thing that won the fight with voldy was the wand that killed him. The one he was using. So no there was no special power that won that fight. Special in name only.

Eragon was not random. As I understand eggs only open for the chosen one for them. Which just makes it even more of a chosen one book.

Why shouldn't you? Unless you want to be rude. Agreeing to disagree is the only mature way to settle disputes going nowhere. Like this one. I am trying to offer a peaceful solution. You are just being difficult.

There is no reason why we should dumb down our opinions because you want to keep arguing, or why you should either. If you truly wanted this to be peaceful, you'd just drop it... but you obviously want to win the argument, so, no, we are not dropping it.

ndfghweunsg1ngniiwm9j78bu9u - It doesn't NEED to be a weapon, the point is that it is SPECIAL. He is special. And those abilities gave him a connection with Voldemort. That made those two a pair. They were destined for one another.

There is no reason why we should dumb down our opinions because you want to keep arguing, or why you should either. If you truly wanted this to be peaceful, you'd just drop it... but you obviously want to win the argument, so, no, we are not dropping it.

ndfghweunsg1ngniiwm9j78bu9u - It doesn't NEED to be a weapon, the point is that it is SPECIAL. He is special. And those abilities gave him a connection with Voldemort. That made those two a pair. They were destined for one another.

I AM saying agree to disagree and you refuse and I am the one wanting to keep going. That makes perfect sense.

Not only are you ignoring my arguments, you are making no sense.

So we should agree with you? I want to keep arguing, who says I don't?

+1 Zovesta.

I don't care if Harry used them as weapons against Voldemort, or not. The fact is he HAD them.

As far as we know, Saphira could pretty much die in the next book, and Earong take revenge. That wouldn't mean he didn't have her to begin with, making him special.

And yes, it was random. The egg only opens for whoever the hatchling desires (not a chosen one, that has nothing to do). It was random that the egg landed at Eragon's feet, and it was random that Saphira opened to him. As far as we know, she could have hatched for Roran, or even Sloan.

But she opened to Eragon, and that's how the story is.

The same with Harry. The fact that the phoenix wand broke doesn't mean he didn't have it to begin with. The same with parsel, he has it, he has a special connection with Voldemort.

Harry being Gryffindor's heir, and Voldemort being Slytherin's heir is also another proof of such special connection, and further proof of Harry being a CO.

PD; you feel insulted because you want to feel insulted. I never meant it to be offensive to begin with. I'm just bewildered at your arguments.

And I already said it. You want to drop the argument, you're free to leave. I'm not forcing you to stay.

Not only are you ignoring my arguments, you are making no sense.

So we should agree with you? I want to keep arguing, who says I don't?

AGREE to DISAGREE meaning we accept that we have different opinions and can't change the others mind but for the sake of peace drop the squabble.

Can we do this please?

AGREE to DISAGREE meaning we accept that we have different opinions and can't change the others mind but for the sake of peace drop the squabble.

Can we do this please?

Listen, if someone else wants to keep debating, they're free to do so.

If you don't wish to continue the debate, just leave, simple as that. I've left a few debates I did not wish to continue, and didn't force people to stop talking about that.

crazywargod... nobody is making you stay. =V If you're that distressed, change the subject. Because you keep trying to change our opinions, and as long as you do that, we'll counter it.

COs are just plain annoying. I posted this earlier, but I see NO REASON as to why we can't have genuinely brave people with a drive to go do things... not even defeat the Big Bad. How about the Smaller Bad? =V

Yay, I got a +1.

1)Voldy killed himself

2)The wand chose harry because harry beat it's master and that is how the wand rolls

3)He warned voldy. 'Hey don't attack it wont work.' Voldy chose not to listen

4)Harry had NO special abilities. He was damned good seeker but that was about it.

5)Anybody could have given voldy a great big hug and killed him. Would that be any way to end it? NO!! That is why harry did it.

6)All the more mature wizards were preoccupied with their own battles to even notice harry(under the invisibility cloak) shoot the barrier spell and get to voldemort first. Harry's revenge got to voldy first. First come, first serve.

1) By bouncing the spell off Harry. Who should have died. But didn't. Because he's a CO.

2) Personally, I found the whole wand thing really circular and still don't see why it should have ended up with Harry. To really talk about this, though, I'd need my copy of HP, which is not at my dorms with me.

3) I don't see how this doesn't make Harry a CO.

4) Harry had tons of special abilities/skills/items. Below I've listed the ones that fist come to mind (I'm sure there are more):

--- Excellent seeker - first year one student on the team in a century, able to control a broom the first time he's put near it (didn't have to work for this)

--- Protected by his mother's love - Quirrel got burned when he touched him, saving his life (didn't have to work for this)

--- Is able to conjure a patronous strong enough to be able to fight off 50/100 (?) dementors at once after little practice

--- Has a connection with Voldemort that allows him to see into his mind sometimes (didn't have to work for this - should have worked on controlling it, but didn't)

--- Is a parselmouth (didn't have to work on this)

--- Excellent at Defense Against the Dark Arts (didn't really have to work on this)

--- Inherited the invisibility cloak (didn't have to work for this)

--- Ended up with the Elder Wand (I think he didn't really work for this, but I'll leave that up to interpretation)

--- Got the Marauder's Map (didn't have to work for this)

5) Then why didn't they? That's the point. If Harry wasn't a CO, Rowling would have let somebody else end up killing Voldemort.

6) Sure, first come; first serve.

Why weren't any of the other wizards able to become un-engaged enough to go after Voldemort? Because that was Harry's job. Harry, a seventeen year old with anger and studying issues, who shouldn't have been talented, mature, or experienced enough to kill Voldemort.

Harry has nothing special. NOTHING. At least nothing to help with the fight. There was the wand but hey it might have done it with anybody. If anybody is reading what they want to see it is you not me.

If that was true, he just wouldn't have been able to kill Voldemort. He wouldn't have been able to stave him off in any of their battles before the last one.

Voldemort faced many more witches and wizards and ended up killing them, even though they were older, more experienced, more mature, and more trained than Harry was.

Harry = Chosen One

~

Please stay polite and respectful. If you don't want to continue to debate, you are free to stop. No one will look down on you for doing so.

This goes for everyone.

Thanks. :3

Ahem.

Harry's even said it himself, lol.

Hermione: She only likes you because she thinks you're the chosen one.

Harry: I AM the chosen one. *gets smacked*

Lul.

BERN WINS.

Edited by Bernouli

Listen, if someone else wants to keep debating, they're free to do so.

If you don't wish to continue the debate, just leave, simple as that. I've left a few debates I did not wish to continue, and didn't force people to stop talking about that.

I read your last post and I felt insulted because it sounded like you were saying that either I was too close minded to believe what your saying or I don't have a clue what I am talking about. Either way it is insulting to insinuate. Now if you did not mean this then whatever no big deal.

The thing is I loath leaving things unresolved. It just goes against who I am. I am not saying to stop debate but stop debate with me. If you keep replying to me I keep going. Agreeing to disagree is my way of resolving a debate I have had enough of and want to leave so when I DO leave I never get the urge to come back because it went unresolved. Otherwise I can't get myself to stop.

Also just to note harry was not Gryffindor's heir. He pulled the sword from the hat but so did nevill. It was only a person that fit Gryffindor's properties would pull the sword from the hat.

crazywargod, if you hate leaving things unresolved, then why do you ignore out arguments? =V Because I'm not leaving.

Any posts after this not pertaining only to Chosen One's will get you warned for spam. :3

Also just to note harry was not Gryffindor's heir. He pulled the sword from the hat but so did nevill. It was only a person that fit Gryffindor's properties would pull the sword from the hat.

Op, I forgot about the sword. Check out my list off all the other special things Harry got/had, though. Only CO's could have so much just handed to them. :3

Sorry I did not see sockys post as I was typing. But seeker was called natural talent which his dad also had. Protection by mother gone at the end of 4th book. Patronus was a gary-stu move, how hard could it be to think happy thoughts, and he taught it to a bunch of people who learned it faster then him. He saw into voldemorts mind when sleeping, did try to learn to control it and failed. Got parslemouth from voldemort and as a gift you don't really learn to use it. He was not good at DATDA class, hermione was but what wasn't she good at. Yeah inheriting things usually work like that. He never obtained the elder wand but he beat malfoy to become its master unknowingly. It was given to him to get to the city and lost it later in the book anyway.

Most of these were very unhelpful in the last book.

The spell did not bounce off harry. The wand redirected it toward voldemort.

"He saw into voldemorts mind when sleeping, did try to learn to control it and failed."

He didn't fail, he gave up because he wanted to go on a hero stint and have access to Voldemort's mind rather than do what others were telling him to, because he was the hero.

Yay, I got a +1.

My posts are always 75% spam, so I never get a +1.

In all honesty, considering what teenage heroes are today - angsty, whiny, useless - Mary Sues and Gary Stus aren't that bad.

They are both terrible to read, but.. yeah I'm making no sense ima shut up now.

Characters in books are getting more overpowered though. Whatever happened to peeps having to WORK for power?

"He saw into voldemorts mind when sleeping, did try to learn to control it and failed."

He didn't fail, he gave up because he wanted to go on a hero stint and have access to Voldemort's mind rather than do what others were telling him to, because he was the hero.

actually because harry accidentally went into snapes mind the lessons were cancelled.