Sitamun

SPLASH! - The New Goldfish BSA

That's what they made the internet for. To find things to complain about.

Serious business.

Lmao. Great picture. But yeah, don't complain about the BSA. I never liked pokemon but I can appreciate a sense of humor.

Oh no it's Bernouli! (I don't even know who you are xd.png)

Anyways, I like the new BSA. Even though it doesn't do anything besides making you laugh wink.gif

Once it runs out of usable moves, the Shallow Water dragon will use the move Struggle in an attempt to fight back. This move inevitably KO's it out in in a maximum of 4 turns, thus turning it into a Zombie Dragon.

I wish. wink.gif

After I used SPLASH yesterday, I clicked on my back button and it said that my dragon was out of usable movies and used STRUGGLE!

Didn't turn into a Zombie dragon though, no matter how many times I went back.

After I used SPLASH yesterday, I clicked on my back button and it said that my dragon was out of usable movies and used STRUGGLE!

Didn't turn into a Zombie dragon though, no matter how many times I went back.

Ahahaha, I just tried that on mine and it did, in fact, use Struggle.

Maybe you have to backspace 40 times, and it will evolve... into a zombie dragon. :B

Or it will faint, ohnorecoil!

My point was it only makes Pokemon fans laugh. I just don't see why DC is turning into a place for only Pokemon fans with all the Pokemon jokes and references all over the place.

I just think DC should be about dragons and ONLY dragons.

But Dragon Cave started as a Pokemon game! Back in the old times, all the sprites were Pokemon characters, and only when copyright issues arose were they changed into dragons. The reason why Dragon Cave dinos (Yoshis) wear boots is also an homage to other games (Super Mario).

The Cave is not turning into a place for Pokemon fans, it was actually created that way!

I knew that the splash thread was hinting something!

Does anyone have a screenshot?

But Dragon Cave started as a Pokemon game! Back in the old times, all the sprites were Pokemon characters, and only when copyright issues arose were they changed into dragons. The reason why Dragon Cave dinos (Yoshis) wear boots is also an homage to other games (Super Mario).

The Cave is not turning into a place for Pokemon fans, it was actually created that way!

Actually that was pokemon night. All the sprites were pokemon for only ONE night.

user posted image

LOL

That makes no sense. xd.png

Edited by Booo

Actually that was pokemon night. All the sprites were pokemon for only ONE night.

That night was April Fools just a couple of years ago. Dragon Cave started as a Pokemon game way before that.

That night was April Fools just a couple of years ago. Dragon Cave started as a Pokemon game way before that.

http://dragcave wikia com/wiki/Original_Dragon_Sprites

And seriously, quit bashing the Pokemon fans. I don't care what you have to say about the franchise itself, but leave the fans out of it. kthxbai

Edited by Umbee

That makes no scene xd.png

In Pokemon, every attach comes with "power points" which are the amount of times the move can be used before you must heal the pokemon. When the PP of all a pokemon's moves reaches 0, attempting to fight with the pokemon would automatically make the pokemon use an attack called STRUGGLE. When used, it would say the text in that screenshot.

On DC, you can get Splash to do the same thing, by using the BSA after it has been used up for the week (by refreshing the BSA page). That's where the screenshot came from.

re: "DC has too many pokemon references," really it's more that DC has a carpload of internet meme references in general, and Pokemon, being a popular nerd thing, has spawned a bunch of memes which get used in the site occasionally, along with other "classics" like 42 and the cake is a lie and chuck norris and what have you.

Actually I'm pretty well convinced that they were dragons from final fantasy hand-held console games. I know they started life as dragons, just copyright infringing dragon sprites, with the exception of the yoshis.

In Pokemon, every attach comes with "power points" which are the amount of times the move can be used before you must heal the pokemon. When the PP of all a pokemon's moves reaches 0, attempting to fight with the pokemon would automatically make the pokemon use an attack called STRUGGLE. When used, it would say the text in that screenshot.

On DC, you can get Splash to do the same thing, by using the BSA after it has been used up for the week (by refreshing the BSA page). That's where the screenshot came from.

re: "DC has too many pokemon references," really it's more that DC has a carpload of internet meme references in general, and Pokemon, being a popular nerd thing, has spawned a bunch of memes which get used in the site occasionally, along with other "classics" like 42 and the cake is a lie and chuck norris and what have you.

Thanks for explaining it. laugh.gif

Shallow Water used Splash!

Nothing happened

lol I have to try this when mine grows up

If seeing a pointless action on your dragon's page when you go to breed it is the worst thing that's happened to you all day, you're having a pretty good day.

Honestly it's really not worth arguing about.

Yeah, I agree with that totally. I'm not a huge Pokemon fan (I never picked up the games but I liked the old anime...until Misty left. Flat out stopped watching after that.) but I still find the whole thing kind of amusing. (I actually didn't even notice any other Pokemon references on the site other than the Pokemon Night thing, and that was a one-day prank.) I get this mental image of cute little hatchies splashing water around, even if the adult's the one with the action. x3

So it's a silly BSA and probably pointless, but it's harmless. The Shallow Water dragons are still beautiful sprites. I can't wait till mine grows up. ^^

Part of what I find amusing about this BSA is that the Shallow Water is such a regal looking dragon. It is kind of like seeing Queen Elizabeth with a hula hoop, or Little Lord Fauntleroy with mud on his knickers and scabs on his knees.

I don't know anything about Pokemon, don't care, and still find this cute and funny.

I wonder if this is a place holder BSA or if we just haven't figured out what it's for. As if he wanted to put something in place while he works on the a BSA that's still in development. Why else would a pointless BSA have a limit on how many times it can be used?

Edited by Ramroth

I wonder if this is a place holder BSA or if we just haven't figured out what it's for. As if he wanted to put something in place while he works on the a BSA that's still in development. Why else would a pointless BSA have a limit on how many times it can be used?

It doesn't have a limit. TJ himself said the number only reaches to 1/40.

Just found out about this thread and thought "oh, wow, wonder what will happen if I click on the Splash-action" So I clicked on it and now I'm still laughing xd.png

TJ, you're amazing!