Sitamun

SPLASH! - The New Goldfish BSA

From what I can tell, many have.

And it does nothing.

I loled REALLY hard.

Well done. Well done.

Maybe if we try hard, they'll ascend into something awesome? wink.gif

I've never even played Pokemon and I think the completely useless action is funny.

Actually at this point I find it hysterical because TJ has successfully managed to troll a huge chunk of people on this site, just by adding a do-nothing BSA. Who would have though it would be so easy?

QFT

I've played pokemon and enjoyed the game so I get the reference. but really? is it that much of a big deal to RAEG about it?

Its there for entertainment nothing more.

When we receive gift from a colleague or a family member, we are supposed to say 'thank you'. It's plain impolite and rude to start a detailed criticism of the gift. I believe it applies also in here! We can play this game for free, thanks to TJ, the author, host - and his hard work to improve and maintain the site (and all the people who contribute in keeping or creating it).

We received it for free, and still someone works to keep us amused and happy.

It's a GIFT.

I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for so much FUN this game gave me, and for all your work with it! smile.gif

The only thing I know about Pokemon is that there's a yellow creature named Pikachu or something like that. (Lol, yeah, go ahead & laugh.) So I don't really associate 'splash' with anything but our lovely goldfish dragons. xd.png

^^This.

And i can't wait to get a goldfish so i, too, may splash nothing biggrin.gif

Why should it matter if Splash does nothing? It DOES do something: makes us laugh.

If you don't like it, don't use it. No need to raeg-quit over it. Just because it's a BSA doesn't mean it's supposed to do anything; sure, it's an action, but splashing around is also an action.

If you could think of something better, good for you. But I think Splash was pretty smart. :B

I think it's funny that the PP count was actually included too. Now they need a dragon that Flails. : D *still needs a goldfish* *SHOT*

Why should it matter if Splash does nothing? It DOES do something: makes us laugh.

If you don't like it, don't use it. No need to raeg-quit over it. Just because it's a BSA doesn't mean it's supposed to do anything; sure, it's an action, but splashing around is also an action.

If you could think of something better, good for you. But I think Splash was pretty smart. :B

I think it's funny that the PP count was actually included too. Now they need a dragon that Flails. : D *still needs a goldfish* *SHOT*

My point was it only makes Pokemon fans laugh. I just don't see why DC is turning into a place for only Pokemon fans with all the Pokemon jokes and references all over the place.

I just think DC should be about dragons and ONLY dragons.

Dude, it's ONE dragon with ONE minuscule reference to Pokemon. It's not like the ENTIRETY of DC is suddenly being overrun with Pokemon references. I just don't see it as a big deal. I'm a Pokemon fan (or was, once upon a yesteryear), but I could care less if it was there or not.

I think it's funny because of the way people are reacting over it. Either laughing way too hard or complaining about it. THAT is where the lulz lies for me.

My point was it only makes Pokemon fans laugh. I just don't see why DC is turning into a place for only Pokemon fans with all the Pokemon jokes and references all over the place.

lolwhat.

If you don't like it, you don't need to use it. It isn't hard to ignore the button at the bottom of actions tbh. It isn't like half the other dragons are suddenly getting pokemon bsa's as well. I honestly don't see how DC is being overrun by pokemon.

lolwhat.

If you don't like it, you don't need to use it. It isn't hard to ignore the button at the bottom of actions tbh. It isn't like half the other dragons are suddenly getting pokemon bsa's as well. I honestly don't see how DC is being overrun by pokemon.

I think she means how you can't go to the IRC without it turning into a pokemon discussion, how the code names for the Legendary Trio were pokemon names as well as being the three elements for the pokemon...bird thing from the movie, and how now we have a pokemon-themed BSA. Also, about a year and a half ago, or two years ago, there was the infamous "pokemon night" where TJ turned everything into pokemon for the lulz.

I hate pokemon, myself. But I don't think this is that big of a deal. It is kind of funny. In a way.

I think she means how you can't go to the IRC without it turning into a pokemon discussion, how the code names for the Legendary Trio were pokemon names as well as being the three elements for the pokemon...bird thing from the movie, and how now we have a pokemon-themed BSA. Also, about a year and a half ago, or two years ago, there was the infamous "pokemon night" where TJ turned everything into pokemon for the lulz.

I hate pokemon, myself. But I don't think this is that big of a deal. It is kind of funny. In a way.

This. Someone who is not trying to defend pokemon blindly for once. But someone actually looking around.

The pokemon chat on irc is just annoying as *explictive*. I think the last week I was on IRC, out of 6 out of 7 of the days in the week were filled with pokemon discussion. And then there is the member that calls me a ass (and spells my name wrong 'Charctras' to avoid IRC from tripping. I actually added it to the list of words for IRC to trip for me.) when I even so much as get close to saying "Ok I am sure the minority of us that just hate pokemon are tired of just seeing #pokemon all day...".

We have so many blantant pokemon references (that only give them the case of 'lulz') that I almost wonder where the Spyro... or Crash references are... WHERZ MY MASTER OF TIME DRAGONZ?!

This. Someone who is not trying to defend pokemon blindly for once. But someone actually looking around.

The pokemon chat on irc is just annoying as *explictive*. I think the last week I was on IRC, out of 6 out of 7 of the days in the week were filled with pokemon discussion. And then there is the member that calls me a ass (and spells my name wrong 'Charctras' to avoid IRC from tripping. I actually added it to the list of words for IRC to trip for me.) when I even so much as get close to saying "Ok I am sure the minority of us that just hate pokemon are tired of just seeing #pokemon all day...".

We have so many blantant pokemon references (that only give them the case of 'lulz') that I almost wonder where the Spyro... or Crash references are... WHERZ MY MASTER OF TIME DRAGONZ?!

TJ's probably a Pokémon fan, so he puts in references to it. He might not be a Spyro or Crash fan, so he might not put in references to those...Just saying. tongue.gif

Don't chat in IRC. Problem solved. smile.gif

Defending pokemon? Hardly. I've no interest. Do I care about the references? No.

I like Goldfish, and I like the design for the new dragon so if no one offers me anything cool in trade for mine I'm more than happy to keep it. Ignore the reference and it's just another dragon.

Edited by Khymarea

^^This.

And i can't wait to get a goldfish so i, too, may splash nothing biggrin.gif

The funny is in that there's a fish like Pokemon called a Magikarp which, when caught, only has the move splash (generally) and splash does exactly nothing.

Ignore the reference and it's just another dragon.

Yeah…I don't think the Pokémon references don't do anything to lower the overall quality of the site. As long as they don't, I'm fine with them.

I can't wait to get a goldfish dragon now! Splash sound cool (even if it does nada)!

Oh my, this is hilarious.

*splash splash splash*

People are still pissed that it does nothing? Seriously?

That and it's a reference to pokemon.

I really do not understand why people are getting upset about the pokemon references...this is a collectible site with pixel dragons that exist nowhere but on the internet (unless you print them out...). People are getting upset over non-physical, non-existent things. You'd think they would have better things to worry or complain about.

Complaining about what a group of pixels does or does not do is about the the same impact I get get from my pet rock dying ("Nooooo Balboa, I LUVED U!").

I think you're getting your knickers in a knot over something relatively minor. Srsly. It does nothing. So don't use it, and ignore it.

Edited by skinst

The funny is in that there's a fish like Pokemon called a Magikarp which, when caught, only has the move splash (generally) and splash does exactly nothing.

-faceplam-

Yeah. That's the point...

I'm not a pokemon fan, and it still makes me laugh wink.gif

Also, we had moar references for other series, like ppl said, Captain Planet, Mario (Yoshi)... and the Orange Box!

Oh wow.

It is just a joke. Dragon Cave isn't becoming a pokemon fansite. Ever heard of slippery slope argument? This is what it's becoming, rather alarmingly fast.

It's quite simple to ignore really, just...don't do it. To say DC is going to be a pokemon fansite is....overreacting. Good grief. Sometimes I feel like people fish for things to complain about.

Good grief. Sometimes I feel like people fish for things to complain about.

That's what they made the internet for. To find things to complain about.