Sitamun

SPLASH! - The New Goldfish BSA

Jokes are an integral part of the game, since its inception.

Dinos are a joke

Chickens are a joke

Papers are a joke

Cheeses are a joke.

None of them "do anything". I really don't have an issue with a joke BSA. Given the venue, a joke BSA was probably inevitable.

I don't mind Splash. It's funny. Granted, it's only funny for a little while, then I lose interest. But I see no harm in it. It doesn't do anything, sure, but it's not like the Shallow Waters were destined for a BSA that did something, and now this other BSA is taking the place of a BSA which would have been more useful. If they didn't have Splash, they'd probably have never had anything at all.

I won't be using Splash very often, but it certainly doesn't bother me.

Edited by Renorei

You know, once papers can absorb the ink of names (and get ink stains on them), splash might have a good use: cleaning dirty papers. tongue.gif

You know, once papers can absorb the ink of names (and get ink stains on them), splash might have a good use: cleaning dirty papers. tongue.gif

That's totally LOL. That would be funny, a better joke than just the plain splash that does nothing... Although Splash is funny. Now I want a Goldfish/Shallow Water/Whatever they're called. Just because of a joke. It gives people an opportunity.

Seriously, what would there be if there wasn't Splash? Nothing. A funny pointless BSA is better than no BSA.

Seriously, what would there be if there wasn't Splash? Nothing. A funny pointless BSA is better than no BSA.

This comment is win wink.gif

I don't think I will ever need to use the splash BSA, but it is good to know it is there in case I ever need to do nothing! biggrin.gif

Do want!

For now, we can just splash around for the lulz. xd.png

That's not the point I was making. The dragons without BSAs were never meant to do anything, so there's no disappointment.

BSAs are SUPPOSED to do something, hence why they are called Breed-Specific Actions. The fact that this BSA does not fit this description is disappointing.

This is EXACTLY the problem I have with it... It does nothing. It gives the Pok-e-nerds a laugh and that is all it is good for.

Not to mention POKEMON and DRAGCAVE are completely different. But I guess we need 500 different types of dragons and then a drag-dex. That way we can keep track of all of our dragons. dry.gif

Why don't we have drag-balls while we are at it?

Hell it could would be yet another Pokemon fansite.

There are just too many Pokemon references and it is getting out of control.

But the idea of it erasing the name of a dragon from the scroll... I think that would actually be useful... *cough* I mean REALLY useful. How many times have you made a typo in your dragon's name when you were in a hurry? What if it was a practically-unreplaceable-CB-Holiday?

^ Now that would be useful and I may have a reason to put this dragon behind using Mints as Zombie fodder.

I think its strange that its there...I know have a hatchling, and I want it to grow up soon...

This is EXACTLY the problem I have with it... It does nothing. It gives the Pok-e-nerds a laugh and that is all it is good for.

Not to mention POKEMON and DRAGCAVE are completely different. But I guess we need 500 different types of dragons and then a drag-dex. That way we can keep track of all of our dragons. dry.gif

Why don't we have drag-balls while we are at it?

Hell it could would be yet another Pokemon fansite.

There are just too many Pokemon references and it is getting out of control.

But the idea of it erasing the name of a dragon from the scroll... I think that would actually be useful... *cough* I mean REALLY useful. How many times have you made a typo in your dragon's name when you were in a hurry? What if it was a practically-unreplaceable-CB-Holiday?

^ Now that would be useful and I may have a reason to put this dragon behind using Mints as Zombie fodder.

Exactly the point I was making. I'm glad someone knows how to read and comprehend.

Sure, I like Pokemon as much as the next person. I have a lot of Pokemon cards from when I was a kid and still like to take them out and look at them once in a while. I've got a couple Pokemon games, too, but I haven't watched the show since Misty left YEARS ago nor do I still buy Pokemon paraphernalia. In other words, I've grown up.

Therefore, any and all Pokemon references would be only mildly amusing to me for about five seconds.

Last time I checked, Pokemon was not Dragon Cave... so why is Dragon Cave becoming a Pokemon fan site? This site was supposed to be for people who like dragons, but it's becoming more and more a site JUST for fans of Pokemon.

I'm sick of the Pokemon references. Just give me dragons that either do nothing but look pretty, or have BSAs that actually do something useful.

That's not the point I was making. The dragons without BSAs were never meant to do anything, so there's no disappointment.

BSAs are SUPPOSED to do something, hence why they are called Breed-Specific Actions. The fact that this BSA does not fit this description is disappointing.

That was the point I was trying to make as well, but I experience a case of *fail* when trying to express my frustration at the BSA that does nothing. It doesn't even give me a laugh because I don't know anything about Pokemon and don't care too.

If you don't like it, ignore it. It's pretty easy.

DC is not turning into a Pokemon site. We've had Pokemon Night, Splash, and a small handful of dragons whose only relation to Pokemon is that it was referenced in their release. That's all. It's not a Mario site because the dinos used to be Yoshis, and it's not a Captain Planet site because of the Midwinter Madness thread.

Sure, I like Pokemon as much as the next person. I have a lot of Pokemon cards from when I was a kid and still like to take them out and look at them once in a while. I've got a couple Pokemon games, too, but I haven't watched the show since Misty left YEARS ago nor do I still buy Pokemon paraphernalia. In other words, I've grown up.

Therefore, any and all Pokemon references would be only mildly amusing to me for about five seconds.

I admit, I was guilty of being a complete pokemon nerd back when I was... 8.. Back when the thunder chicken was cool. When the next series came out, I was not as amused... But the bird with about 3 colours being called -the pokemon of the rainbow- or something like that... I just grew up from it. I played the rest of the game, and it was interesting to go back to the vanilla area... But it was just repeating the game.

Then of course I saw how bad it looked when we were sitting back in a corner thinking we are awesome because we could 'epic wth pwn' a dragon with a turtle.

Basically I did not even see what was funny about a dragon being able to splash. I just do not get what it is funny. It could become the next frill. Sure it will be in complete rage to get for a while, but it will become a AP trophy and people will start flaming the artist because the BSA is pointless. I mean... I like the sprite... I just do think it is a little dumb that it got such a pointless BSA. From what I have seen so far, BSAs do not change. They just get slightly ammended. *cough* Summon *cough*.

Annnnnnnd imo the BSA came too quick. The dragon was only out for a couple of days before the BSA came out. TJ's dragons were not even grown up.

huh.gif

Speaking of Frills, I really hope the owner decides to make them return. I miss the little green and orange thing already. I really wanted to know what the male sprite would have looked like... And I really think they would have boomed with a BSA.

But I guess now that I think about it... Pokemon is just as much as a obsession as World of Warcraft. There are World of Warcraft trading cards. There are World of Warcraft expansions. (You could call the games past vanilla the expansions for Pokemon) There are World of Warcraft accessories. Hell, did you know you can actually have your character imprinted on a mouse pad?!

Final word if it all. There are people who hate World of Warcraft... I hated it at one time because it has so many players. Now I am a regular PvPer who hates the Alliance on her Shard because the Alliance loses so hard in PvP. But I mean here, not everyone is a rabid Pokemon fan... and those people who just dislike it will not like any reference that comes across.

I want a World of Warcraft dragon now... Night Dragon. <3

And really. I think I have seen 'just ignore it' in this thread like 100 times. What if you like the sprite (like me) and you go to breed the thing and see the splash BSA right underneath breed? It just refuels rage.

And you avatar is like epic as hell, Ashleigh825. xd.png

Edit for being a -thought incompletion failure-.

Edited by Charu

*tiptoes into thread*

The only thing I know about Pokemon is that there's a yellow creature named Pikachu or something like that. (Lol, yeah, go ahead & laugh.) So I don't really associate 'splash' with anything but our lovely goldfish dragons. XD And well, I do have fun pressing it and watching random nothing happen. It's pretty much the only random fun thing on the DC site since the fun 'secret' pages got removed by the admin long ago (ie /rare, /graveyard, /nursery and w/e the random one was that would display different random messages occasionally). ^_^

So yeah, why are we talking about Pokemon? THIS. IS. DRAGONCAVE. =D

It's pretty much the only random fun thing on the DC site since the fun 'secret' pages got removed by the admin long ago (ie /rare, /graveyard, /nursery and w/e the random one was that would display different random messages occasionally). happy.gif

http://dragcave.net/wilderness/young

Nursery?

That's not the nursery. The nursery was a place pre-fog where random hatchlings and eggs on people's scrolls would show up.

Dragon Cave is NOT turning into Pokémon. Why?

We're not raising different species of Dragonite.

xP

Edited by Sunrise

BSA=Breed Specific Action.

Guys... no need to freak out. It's a joke. As far as I know, TJ put it in for a bit of humor. You know, to make you laugh instead of rage. If there are future plans for it, I don't know them.

I played the original Pokemon games while I was in college. Yes, I admit it. However I was never a crazed fan, didn't enjoy anything but the games themselves, and even then became bored with the series quickly.

And I still thought that "Splash" was hysterical.

If seeing a pointless action on your dragon's page when you go to breed it is the worst thing that's happened to you all day, you're having a pretty good day.

Honestly it's really not worth arguing about.

Guys... no need to freak out.  It's a joke.  As far as I know, TJ put it in for a bit of humor.  You know, to make you laugh instead of rage.  If there are future plans for it, I don't know them.

I played the original Pokemon games while I was in college.  Yes, I admit it.  However I was never a crazed fan, didn't enjoy anything but the games themselves, and even then became bored with the series quickly.

And I still thought that "Splash" was hysterical.

If seeing a pointless action on your dragon's page when you go to breed it is the worst thing that's happened to you all day, you're having a pretty good day.

Honestly it's really not worth arguing about.

I've never even played Pokemon and I think the completely useless action is funny.

Actually at this point I find it hysterical because TJ has successfully managed to troll a huge chunk of people on this site, just by adding a do-nothing BSA. Who would have though it would be so easy?

Edited by ThatDeadGirl

seems a lot of people have a lot of opinions about this...

i, along with a bunch of others, think it is hilarious biggrin.gif

though i'll probably always guard that splash action with suspicion in case that some day it WILL do something o.O;

until then i'll giggle when ever i see it tongue.gif