urfaceymuffin

worst video game?

Horsez, by Ubisoft.

Seriously, I like horses. I do not need a game where one of the minigames is shoveling horse s***, though. No, I Am Not Making This Up.

I thought it would be like all the other Petz games they had, where you could raise them and breed them... not... that piece of crap. Oy.

Bubsy 3D for PS1 is probably the most terrible game I've ever come across =P The controls are more complex than piloting an airplane, graphics are a complete eyesore, etc. etc. I highly suggest it though for anyone who wants to experience one of the laziest games ever =) I think it's become pretty infamous for being the dregs of platform games.

The new Spyro the Dragon series comes as a close 2nd though. Rented them to see what became the nostalgic series, and phew- what a mess they were.

the 2 newer Spyro games (not dawn of the dragon although It wasn't my exact favorite either... only thing I liked was you could fly for once!) the 2 games before Dawn of The Dragon are the ones I'm talking about. Think one's called New Beginings and the other is Eternal Night. bad bad graphics, pointless plots and took me an hour (not even if I played it straight, took a half hour break from getting so bored) for each game so I could beat them. ugh.

My mother got me The Incredibles for the Gameboy (did not ask her to). Played it for about half an hour to keep her happy. Never touched it again.

Seriously, all you do is walk across the screen and punch things. Nothing else.

And I think there was a PS2 game called Summoner? I bought it because I like monster raising games, but then I discovered you lose every monster you summoned at the end of the level. Took it back the next day.

My sister had the incredibules, it was horrible when I played it.

As for the summoner, played that once or twice, there was too much dialog, to manny traps. And the bosses were stupid. They jump you into the story and into the fighting, with barely any teaching

QUOTE (smokealarmsnick @ Jul 21 2010, 10:11 AM)

Sonic Unleashed. Horrible. 

I agree it was kinda good but it got boring

The only thing good about that game was you could actually run fast as sonic. The last boss? Oh my god it was so, for lack of better word, censorkip.gif* that it totally runed the fight. "oh I'm gaia, I'll let sonic do most of the fighting and not even just kill the boss. Oh I'm a tiny little fuzzball". - or anthing, but moogle much? Heck even moogles are 'manlier' then that.

The new Spyro the Dragon series comes as a close 2nd though. Rented them to see what became the nostalgic series, and phew- what a mess they were.

YEs, they were pretty bad, I bought the 3rd one because I wanted to fly as spyro (Flying game deprived) and the second one because I was spyro deprived. All in all, Three censorkip.gif, you're out!

Though I guess I enjoyed DOTD, the plot was very unorigional.

All in all, I finished those games in under a week, whih left me having to look for entertaainment somewhere else (Which made me scream)

Alex Rider: Stormbreaker for the DS. How anyone could ever think about playing this is just - Ugh.

It's got ****ty graphics, ****ty animations, ****ty minigames (apart from the Snooker one, which was actually half-decent), ****ty gameplay (walk through corridor, kick something, find object, repeat) and ****ty "bosses" which were no stronger than the average goon. And the main character's running speed was slower than a snail dragging a ten-ton brick behind it. So it took longer to complete. Which was not a good thing at all.

HONOURABLE MENTION - Discolight for DSiWare.

Wow. How this could be regarded a game is beyond me.

It turns your screen into a flashing object of three colours that take ages to change to the next one.

Like ONM UK say, "If you showed this at a disco the only thing you'd get from it is a punch in the face".

Worst game I ever played:

Pirates of the Caribbean. It was ridiculously hard as well as had horrible controls and a not so good story.

I don't really like movie-games. They get released too soon and aren't very good.

Of course, that was a gift and was also before I started getting interested in awesome games, I haven't played any real stupid ones lately.

Almost all the Sonic games except for the old 2-D ones. However, I did kind of like Sonic Adventure 2 Battle mainly because of the grinding levels.

Most Pokemon games. And the anime series is just... ugh.

Something smells like the smell of something smelly...

and it's Catz 2 by Ubisoft.

Seriously. In one level, there was supposed to be a place where your character (i.e a normal cat) fishes aboard a ship.

As hard as I tried, I couldn't find the fishing spot on the ship even though I searched high and low for it! And no, it's not because I couldn't do just that, it just wasn't in the place they kept claiming it was in the game. The graphics weren't even that good, and the plotline was hard to understand, too.

Otherwise, I can't really think of any horrible games. The first Catz wasn't bad, though, as you could do the old breeding/caring for routine. Blargh.

Edited by Kandycat

Defendin' De Penguin. Played it once and hated it instantly. I actually wrote a paper on how bad it was and had to cut it down because it went over the 1000 word limit.

Barney, for sega I think it was. It was my sisters game. All I can really remember about it was if you tried to make Barney walk off a cliff or other high area he would hold up a stop sign and say "Stop".

Barney, for sega I think it was. It was my sisters game. All I can really remember about it was if you tried to make Barney walk off a cliff or other high area he would hold up a stop sign and say "Stop".

DAMNIT ruin all the fun. *pouts*

I'm with fishpaste, movie based video games usually suck.

There was this one game I played, where the only controls you had were kick and block...and it moved you automatically. The game sucked, the enemies would get behind you and you couldn't turn around and kick them. I stopped after about 30 seconds, didn't even see what the name of it was.

Lets see....petz videogames.

Movie-based, as stated. And TV show video games, like spongebob, disney shows, etc.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned sports videogames...

Games that are virtual copies of the previous game in the series.

Extremely old ones that don't work.

Of course, there ware exceptions. I enjoyed Horsez II, Harry potter 3, pokemon, and pac-man. I hate sports so no exceptions for me there.

The ET video made me lol quite a lot. biggrin.gif

That I have played?

Probably Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots for GBA.

All you did was punch the guy and fail to land the final blow because you had to simoltaneously tap L and R inhumanely fast.

I never filled the bar past 50%

EDIT: I just noticed I posted here 8 months ago xd.png

Edited by ShatteringGlass

I've played sherlock holmes and the mystery of the mummy. That game was so annoying. Some of the things that you had to find were in locations that you couldn't see even when you knew what you were looking for.

And the ending was terrible, especially your "last task". There were also some parts that defied the laws of physics. I will never play that game again. Ever.

*snort* As if I'll ever play it, but Skylanders will be the worst video game in history.

Worst I've ever played...eh...I dunno. Something in gamestop that had to do with Wario for the wii. I couldn't even play the game. I couldn't get off the screen where Wario was looking into a telescope and randomly shaking his butt around. '-_-

I agree on movie games.

I particularly hated the Harry Potter games (or at least the GBA versions).

They were beyond difficult and pretty poorly put together (again, movie games).

Blue Dragon. Second worst would be Two Worlds.

(Guys, not all movie games are bad. Bolt was pretty good because it didn't follow the movie's plot, rather followed a different path of the universe in Bolt.)

Edited by TheDarkCynder

For me, the whole Naruto Clash of Ninja series. My sister bought a ton of them when she was really into anime and stuff, and they were basically all the same game with the same crappy voice acting.

Sometimes I'll pull one out of the back of the game drawer and play it with my friends because that's the only way it's fun.

What really gets me about that series is that they're still making more of them XP

For me personally it has to be Devil May Cry 2. Bland environments, boring and pathetic enemies that were mostly reskins, overpowered guns, little difficulty, Dante bearing the personality of your average wooden table, forgettable bossfights, and the list can go on. The game only had three redeeming features and that was Dante's swish looking design, the fights with Bolverk/Freki/Geri, and playable Trish. That's it.

I'm very picky about my games and will usually lurk the likes of /v/ and other gaming forums to get multiple views on a game before purchasing it. For example, I wouldn't have picked up the breathtakingly amazing game Nier if it wasn't for hearing the opinions of people who had actually played it, as it didn't get particularly good reviews from "professional" reviewers for God knows why. They don't know censorkip.gif half the time.