urfaceymuffin

worst video game?

Going to pop Unfinished Swan in here. Poor story and the gameplay isn't fun for long.

Watch me get skewered for this....but Assassin's Creed....it wasn't the game it was me....I had issues with the controls since I was playing the PC version because I have no gaming console to speak of. But I was constantly doing okay then accidentally hitting a button and knifing someone and then getting lynch mobbed....LOL. unsure.gif

Worst game so far that I've played...? Uhh... I have played two really bad games. Both on NES 8-bit.

Fester's Quest by Sunsoft

It's not really that awful, but once you basically get upgrade to weapon... the game kinda leaves you defenseless one way or another. Either you won't get hits in, or your shots circle around your enemies with another weapon. Because obstacles...

Then the enemies spawn like there is no tomorrow. And you can only take two hits before you're dead.

Not to mention occasional first person view... and all the doors eating your keys. Never got through it... not even to first boss.

Makes me ponder why Nintendo thought about putting the seal of quality onto this cartridge...

Master Chu and the Drunkard Hu by Color Dreams

Yeah, you read right. It's the title of the game. And one good way to identify the game is the baby blue cartridge. Of course, it doesn't have the Nintendo's official seal of quality. The color alone is sort of good alert to anyone that it isn't going to be even decent game.

What you basically do is look for Ying-Yang orbs before getting to fight a boss. And there's plenty of enemies. Now usually you'd use A or B button to jump, but in this case... it's D-pad's Up. Yeah... it's not that wonderful when enemies just keep coming and coming...

In case you're curious how bad exactly the two games are... turn to Angry Video Game Nerd in YouTube.

So yeah... Guess how thankful I was for other NES 8-bit games like Legend of Zelda or Snakes Rattle N' Roll after those two childhood scarring games. And the awesome Super Mario games... aaah... <3 Feeling better already... <3 Good times with good games.

Edited by Moonlightelf

Game: Sonic and the Secret Rings.

Explanation: I rarely have a video game I have any trouble with and I loveeeeee Sonic, I used to play all his old games on the Sega Genesis/Saturn and the handheld that played the cartridges and could play multiplayer with other people. This game however made me rethink my entire perspective on Sonic games.

Why?: It was soooo glitchy and I loved Sonic Adventure Battle 2 despite the minor bugs and glitches that could occur because of THAT game. When I picked up the Wii Remote however and tried to play Sonic and the Secret Rings; I just couldn't wrap my mind around how the controls worked. I couldn't even Ring Dash properly or get past more than the tutorial. I tried for hours and frustrated and distraught I turned it off and buried the game deep in a pile of Wii games never to be seen again.

A bit of info: I was younger then and thought a lot less. I could just be really dumb when it comes to motion controls or something however I have perfected so many different games new and old and it just seems weird that ONE game out of the hundreds I've played gave me such much hassle and got my only "unplayable".

Anyone can support or refute this? I'm just curious since it's now come out. (Me being bad about it) I've never talked about it before because it just felt embarrassing.

While I don't really hate a game in particular or anything, I'll go with The Lion King for the GBC as the worst game I've ever played in my life. Granted, it is kind of fun, but controls/movements are kind of stiff, the gameplay itself is hard, and things such as jumping over gorges (or whatever you call 'em) and grabbing hippo tails are/were quite difficult and because of that I was never able to get past level 2 because I'd always miss one of the 3 hippos at a river bank, where I would then fall into the (apparently shallow) water and die. :|

I have to say "The Prince". It's a little known game by Firebird on the Commodore 64, but it was one of the most horrendous bits I had to deal with in my life. You play as the titular prince as you wander around a huge map, with slowed movement when going through forests (these cover about 85-90% of the map). You then get random battles which award you nothing and only serve to drain your energy. You don't even win by defeating all the enemies, but instead by slowly moving over from the center to either side of the screen. Your job is to find all the hidden dungeons on the map in order to get all of the pieces for a hot air balloon of which to rescue the princess. You have no defense underground and your jump mechanics are terrible. There is also only one life and no means of continuing.

its hard to think as i have not liked so many.. maybe a card racing game not over keen on them

Everyone, I think you are forgetting the winner of it all which is utterly amazing; CaRPG

Played Earth 2150. I REALLY didn't like it.

Also ANY Painkiller game after Overdose. Yes, that includes the remake.

Don't really think I have a definite "worst" game, but off the top of my head, I remember Anubis II and Ninjabread Man for the Wii being pretty much shovelware clones of each other... made by the same people. Also for the Wii, Let's Tap was fun for the first few times I played it, but it got old pretty quickly. As for the DS, I remember not liking Pokémon Dash or Trozei very much when I first played them. Luckily, these were all cheap Chinese pirated things, so I didn't really lose much there.

That game was awesome and an important part of my childhood. I miss it. :c I want a Simcopter 2. Take On Helicopters seems to be a potential candidate for replacement, but it will actually require finesse to flying the copter. :c

I know it's been like...4 years, but maybe I was too quick to judge? My experience with the game was pretty bad but it's possible I missed something since my patience was thin to begin with. So I'll try to explain myself this time.

First, the graphics were super ugly. I know graphics don't make the game in the long run and this is obviously an old game, but it looks like EA's animation department made this on their lunch break and only spent a few nickels towards development. It's pretty clear when compared to Quake (same release year) that they probably could have done a lot better. Also I know you're not really supposed to walk in this game but WOW is it slow, and does he have to make that noise with every step!? Oh yeah, speaking of which, and the animation was just really frigid. That's all I have to say about that really... Lastly, the controls were difficult, but this is my smallest gripe since I probably would have gotten it with practice.

So yeah... feel free to defend. I wouldn't call Simcopter the worst though, I've played way worse.

Edit: Ah crap I just realized I bumped a dead thread. Probably shouldn't be staying up past 3 am.

Edited by Booo

E.T.

dear god that stupid game. I heard a lot of people bought it and then 1 day later they were buried in a desert. THAT'S HOW BAD IT IS.

I played it once... :/

This. The WORST game in the history of gaming. I still have mine, keeping it just in case it for some whacked reason it becomes valuable. I still play my old Atari 2600, works fine and all my other games.

But, yes, ET was/is the Worst of all Time.

I have never played it, but from what I've seen and heard of it: Yo-Kai Watch. It's almost a complete rip off of Pokemon, they ignore the main question of 'Why Do I need to catch Yo-Kai?' They Yo-Kai 'evolve' into much powerful Yo-Kai. They don't do anything you want them to, they attack on their own and you can hardly 'catch' Yo-Kai. If they decide to join you, they will, otherwise, you're out of luck.

Sorry about the rant. It's just the way I feel about that game dry.gif

Shadow the Hedgehog. I cannot think of one redemptive thing about that game besides the songs.