urfaceymuffin

worst video game?

ET. My god, ET was a terrible game. Games modeled after movies should be good but, for some reason, it was terrible.

I still own my Atari 2600, it still works, and I have about 50 games for it still. All in good condition and playable. Including......

ET.

And it works.

I'll keep it, cause someday, it will be the only one of it's kind in the world, and someone might just pay me a buttload of money for the honor of possessing the worst game in the history of electronics.

No, I'm not kidding.

I think it's called Oregon Trail. Cheesy graphics, NO storyplot, and I once had a woman that broke her leg 5 times in a row sad.gif

Japanese style anime story games.

Not even going to mention the names, you can google. Some look ok, some look really disturbed.

Japanese style anime story games.

Not even going to mention the names, you can google. Some look ok, some look really disturbed.

I think that's because most of them are NSFW

Worst game I've ever played..... star craft 2 for pc games, I expected far more then what it gave. The Ai was horrid. The scaling was horrid, and it was glorified tower deference besides one unit that you only got in the campaing.

For DS I have to say pokemon black and white, new area ok, new story? Nothing was new there, bad guy group, beat bad guy group.... maybe the addition of a person being conflicted. And honestly they are running out of idea's for pokemon. Just stop already please. We got snow cones and puppy's and teddy bears with a large snot like thing dangling out... just..... stop. Did I mention a garbage bag like one too?

And the movie based games.

Edited by little lost dragon

I think it's called Oregon Trail. Cheesy graphics, NO storyplot, and I once had a woman that broke her leg 5 times in a row sad.gif

Actually, that was like my favorite game ever when I was really young :3 it was one of those really, really old games that ran on the triangley macs. It was fun and I was good at shooting buffalo xd.png

The Darkest Faerie. That was the glitchiest thing I have ever touched. It was supposed to be released on PS1, but got postponed till PS2. Bad idea lol. The music would randomly stop, and you'd have to restart the game over to get it working again. I had a puzzle get completely stuck once. Swordplay was awful. Had to travel back and forth and back and forth in the beginning to get anywhere, so annoying. Had a good plot, wanted to like it, couldn't.

Surprised to see a lot of Spyro games on here O_O I thought it was overshadowed by all the other games. Then again, this IS Dragoncave, Spyro IS a Dragon.

Enter the Dragonfly is the most common I'm seeing here. I remember that game but I don't remember thinking it was too horribly bad O_o Then again, I was only about seven. I definitely remember the ridiculous loading screens though. I used to think it was just because the game disc was scratched (I've gone through about two Super Mario Galaxy's in my time... which sucks because I like that game more than the sequel). I was shocked when I learned that ALL the games were like that... xd.png

I know I don't like A Hero's Tail. I would play and play for a while, but eventually I would just get bored and quit. With the original three I played until my PS2 overheated.

And the TLoS series =_=

I think my biggest gripe is that they changed almost everything with no explanation.

If you're going to make a huge change to the series like TLoS did, either give an in-game reason for it or make it a different series altogether. It makes no sense if one day you're an ordinary dragon who happened to be the one with the guts to take down Ripto and the next you're a magical rare time-bending ice-breathing prophecy who thinks he's a dragonfly.

As for everything else, Sparx is useless gameplay wise, and honestly, I don't like the idea of giving Spyro all the elements at once. This is probably just nitpicking from the game-changing issue up above, but still >_<

I haven't played A New Beginning, so I guess it's not very fair to go into detail of how bad it is if I don't know the details.

I didn't like Eternal Night at all. In addition to having to wait in order to breathe fire (I'm a dragon, for crying out loud!), I spent hours trying to beat the stupid monkey army and still couldn't kill them all. Now most of you are probably saying "Well it's not the game's fault, it's your fault because you suck", but I didn't get fed up simply because I couldn't do it. I got fed up because doing it over and over and over got boring! Honestly, if an epic battle with you versus thousands of monkey warriors gets boring, there's a problem. Well, eventually I killed them all, got to the slug warrior and quit because the same thing happened with him.

Also, they gave every individual enemy a name and title. TOTALLY POINTLESS.

I guess Dawn of the Dragon wasn't too bad. I liked the idea of having Cynder as a playable character. So much that I only used Spyro to get past obstacles tongue.gif It took me a while to understand the Experience system they had going on there though. And honestly, I felt like all those special combat combo moves were pointless. There's so many of them and most all of them are so complex. Give him eithercharge, scratch or bite and fire and send him on his way >_< Oh, and being able to actually fly was a plus. But it was a minor one, because we had this huge problem in the way: We are tied to eachother.

Ugh, I do NOT like being tied to the other character. It limits our movement. If I'm trying to go one way and my friend is having a problem with the control or getting a drink or whatever, I can't freaking move =_= This is even WORSE in those levels where I have to walljump. I'm/My friend's sitting there, doing perfect leaps from wall to wall and then my friend's/my weight pulls me/them down due to a clumsy jump and we have to start all over again. It doesn't help in SinglePlayer, since Spyro is pretty much trying to fly around following me and pulls me down.

And Spyro's reaction to Ignitus' death was pretty stupid IMO. Best friend sacrifices himself so you can go on and save the world? Let's go back. Yeah, sure, the world will be consumed by darkness and his death will be in vain, whatever, let's just save ourselves.

Tired yet? Well, I have one more. Bwahahahahaha- *coughs*

Skylanders definitely isn't the worst game I've ever played, but I was pretty dissapointed. So much for Spyro's adventure- he has no significance over the other characters. It was also waaaay too short. I mean, it was fun, maybe the first time I played through it. But after that? It got boring really fast. Kicking my friend's censorkip.gif with Drobot in Arena Battles was pretty fun though.

I also would've liked the Skylanders to have had more personality. From what little dialogue we got, it seemed like Spyro was the closest we have to the original since Enter the Dragonfly (not in physical appearance, of course). But maybe that's too much to ask for (I believe) 50+ characters.

Oh, and no jumping. FUUUUUUUUU-

Then Giants came out. This is when I really started seeing problems.

I think the most glaring problem was that they were selling the same Skylanders over again. The only difference? A repose in the figure and a fancy "Series 2" Label when you put it on the Portal of Power. I got REALLY ticked off when I saw the back of a Jet-Vac package and saw that they made two of the same character. One just lit up when you put it on the Portal. ...Seriously?!?!?!

I also didn't really care for the giants. They were pretty much just regular Skylanders that could take shortcuts. :/

And still no jumping. *explodes*

All in all, there really wasn't much improvement from the original, and there were a lot of things that ticked me off. Pretty much the type of game you play once and don't touch ever again sad.gif

Long Post is LONG.

Edited by Dracoscar

This is an easy one for me and will probably show my age. The worst ever game is The Legend of Zelda II: The Adventures of Link.

OctoDad. Controls are absolutely horrible and the plot is....well, just....there hardly is a plot.

Points because it is pretty humorous though.

And Spyro's reaction to Magnus or whatever his name was

Ignitus. :L

ET The Extraterrestrial was a pretty horrendous game notorious for unclear gameplay, bad controls, and confusing graphics.

Another atrocious game that isn't as infamous as ET would be Plumbers Don't Wear Ties. I saw a review for it on Youtube, and oh gawd it was so bad it was making me hysterical. It couldn't even be classified as a GAME. It's just a bunch of screenshots muddled with unnecessary special effects combined with bad voice acting. The only "playing" part is when the player chooses which action the characters will take, and they still somehow messed that up too.

Funny thing is, on the back of the box, it says "Plays like a game, but feels like a movie" or something like that. But there's zero gameplay, and it without hesitation does not feel anything that even mildly resembles a movie. So yeah dry.gif

Super Mario Bros. Anything from the series is horrible. I REALLY dislike Mario, although the Paper Marios (not sticker star) were good. Any non-RPG Mario sucks. I'm probably gonna get so much hate for this...

Edited by KoalaNoob

It's really hard for me to hate a game, but I can see why so many people hate E.T.

this is sooo hard... hmm... i absolutly cant stand this game called lost in blue. ive tried everything and its impossible to even play it and others have said the same thing to me (my friends/classmates)

Super man 64

thats all

unplayable

I have a lot of games I think are bad but then again I'm picky

the games on my not play list would make a few people mad too smile.gif

EDIT: reading a lot of your posts make me sad sad.gif you guys hate a lot of games I like because you say they are too hard

Edited by padfoot

A lot of ppl say that the game called "I wanna be the guy" and other games like it are too hard and therefore not fun. I once watched a guy on livestream spend 2.5 hours on half of one boss on a game like that, and then another 2 hours on part of the other half of that boss. I forget what that specific game was called but it was some kind of spinoff of "I wanna be the guy".

As for me, I haven't really played very many games I didn't like. ffiv on game boy seemed pretty impossible to me, but I didn't really put that much effort into it. Little big world was pretty awesome up until this one really impossible point that I got stuck on. It was just that there were so many hard parts to die on and it took so long to get to the really impossible part that it just wasn't worth it.

Back in the day, I had a really old Tomb Raider game for my Gameboy. It was horrible. There was no plot at all, just random "missions" with no objective except "get to the end of the level". Level three (or four?) had a bug. There was no end to the level. The furthest you could get was a room full of electrical equipment. There was a door, but it was only the image. It couldn't be opened.

That made me so angry. I spent hours trying to finish the level.

Sims is one of the best gaming series worldwide.

Though if you ask me, it was made for the PC, I have all of the Sims games, DS, PC, PS2, the whole lot. But I HATE playing Sims on Consoles such as the Wii or PS2. The controls are really awkward to use rather than on the PC.

Don't get me wrong, it is fun to play Sims on the PS2 (The Wii is just too bad to control for me, I have shaky hands) but I have baaaad memories were I have killed all my Sims in a Fire because I couldn't see that something was blocking a exit. Though I was panicking because the Grim Reaper scares me in the Console Versions. But he's just adorable in the PC games.

Though some of the things in Sims on the PS2 seems a little wrong, for example, should a Thief just continue robbing your House while you're standing right next to him just having called the Police?

I may be over thinking it but that may be a reference to Terry Pratchets view of Death. The one book I've read where Death was involved it said that Death wasn't evil just terribly good at his job and when asked a question (forget what it was off hand) He said cats were nice. So maybe it was a reference to those books?

Anyway I haven't played a game that was terrible. I've only really had one I never picked back up after playing it one time but it doesn't help I can't find that game either. Otherwise I usually like my games.

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

Metroid: Other M

Every hardcore Metroid fan probably EXPLODED from the horrendous shame that was brought onto the series from that game. For one thing, the plot sucked more than all the new Sonic games combined! And that, my friend, is an insult. And dear lord, the VOICE ACTING! I always thought that a charm of Metroid was it's solitude, but not only were you shoved along with around 15 other people, and then give them terrible voices? Not to mention plot holes...

"Hey guys, we finally killed Ridley and he didn't come back! What should we do?"

"Let's clone him again!"

I don't even...