Shoop_Da_Whoop

Artemis Fowl

Dunno, sorry. *shot*

EDIT: It should be on Google.

Edited by Emeraude

Heart the books! Maybe because I'm an megalomaniac myself on the inside... I think my mum asked me how many times I've read the books for like... *counts inside head* umm... 10 times? I find that the Atlantis Complex is not as good as the others though... And can you believe it? They're gonna make it into a movie! *squee~*

Just for ref..

One: Artemis Fowl

Two: Arctic Incident

Three: Eternity Code

Four: Opal Deception

Five: Lost Colony

Six: Time Paradox (Not easy to write a time-travelling novel. It gets complex very quickly...)

Seven: Atlantis Complex

I loved this series dearly up until book four. Those first four books I read countless times over, and still page through on occasion (I've come to realize the quality of the actual writing in these books, so I don't really read them too much any more xd.png).

Books five and six, though, just did absolutely nothing for me. Five had potential, but then everything significant it added to the series (a possible love interest, Artemis' magic, the twins), was completely ignored in the next book. It made five totally redundant, and it hadn't even been as compelling as its predecessors in the first place. Six was just silly in my opinion. I did not need to see the return of the return of Opal Koboi, the plot was convoluted and nearly as epic as I would've liked, and the romance between Holly and Artemis was just weird. It was like watching siblings kiss. But the siblings are also different species. And their minds are addled by time-travel mumbo-jumbo. Ick.

I haven't read the seventh one yet. I don't really plan to, unfortunately. I would've liked to have higher hopes for it, but alas. sad.gif

I've read all of them except The Atlantis Complex. I enjoyed them all when I read them, but the plots for some reason don't stick in my mind. I might remember a few scenes in some of them time and again, but they aren't really that memorable. They're fun to read, though; I'll give 'em that. smile.gif

I've read all of them except The Atlantis Complex. I enjoyed them all when I read them, but the plots for some reason don't stick in my mind. I might remember a few scenes in some of them time and again, but they aren't really that memorable. They're fun to read, though; I'll give 'em that. smile.gif

Agreed with that. I can barely remember them too. I should go through them again, but I've got so much to read!

Same here Dragon smile.gif Only in my case I need to finish the books. Eoin Colfer wrote a lot of other good books too.

Who read/reads this series? I did. Twice. And I'm waiting on the 7th book. I'm just curious if someone else on here has read it besides me and maybe we can chat about it. biggrin.gif

I Liked all but the time traveling one...

I've read and enjoyed all but the most recent one - haven't read it yet, as I'm waiting for that to be available in paperback before I buy it. Though, really, the last couple weren't nearly as good as the first few... Still, fun.

I actually started reading the first two while waiting for my mother in Target. I get very bored with shopping, and so would hang out in the book section instead. I believe I actually read all of the first and a good part of the second book like that, before deciding to just go ahead and buy them all. *g*

Edited by Imbecamiel

I've only read the first few books. I lost interest after a while, since I had to wait for the new books.

I haven't read the seventh yet, but I'm a fan of this serie. My favorite is the fourth.

I haven't read the seventh yet, but I'm a fan of this serie. My favorite is the fourth.

The seventh gets a bit annoying with Orion. I felt like yelling for Holly to shock him.

All in all it is ok. Not my favorite though.

i'm half proud and half ashamed of the fact that i actually sat down and figured out the translations for gnomish....... wow. turns out i still remember it biggrin.gif

i figured it out the hard way.

and yes there is an easy way (besides looking on the internet)

Artemis Fowl!! <3

I keep waiting for Artemis X Holly to happen though... Though he kinda murdered himself when he tricked her to cure his mother.... Even if it was doing something good for his mom xd.png

I was all for Artemis x Holly ever since the second book... or was it the third? Argh can't remember.

I was all for Artemis x Holly ever since the second book... or was it the third? Argh can't remember.

LOL, similar sentiments.

BUT AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THE SEVENTH BOOK. I NEED IT RIGHT NOW. DX

I read the first...four? When I was in middle school (so at least five years ago); I remember just loving them, but all I remember now is there was a genius rich kid who got involved with fairies, and there was a...fairy cop? And a bodyguard? o.e I should probably reread them at some point; as I recall, they were pretty good. =]

~Feathers

@fly_away_soon - LEPrecon, not a cop, and her name is Holly. smile.gif The bodyguard works for Artemis(the genius rich kid), is named Butler, and has a description ranging from mountainous to gigantic to big as a house. tongue.gif

I've read them all and LOVE the series! biggrin.gif As does my mom - got her hooked on them last summer. laugh.gif Book four made me cry in the beginning, though...

Book 7 was AWESOME. Orion= blink.giflaugh.gifxd.png That's all I'm saying. biggrin.gif

I started reading this series fairly recently, and thought that there was only the first three books. But now I'm currently on pg. 256 of 'The Opal Deception'. biggrin.gif

i'm half proud and half ashamed of the fact that i actually sat down and figured out the translations for gnomish....... wow. turns out i still remember it biggrin.gif

i figured it out the hard way.

and yes there is an easy way (besides looking on the internet)

Awesome! I tried to decode what was at the bottom of the pages using the first book as a reference, but then I lost the book. I should have written it out... dry.gif