Shoop_Da_Whoop

Artemis Fowl

Dammit, I knew I skipped one when I read Time Paradox. My library doesn't even carry Lost Colony.

I think I even read the ones I did read out of order.

Ah man, LC is a good one.

Plus a lot happens in that one. Not a good one to skip. xd.png

... Two weeks until Atlantis Complex hits the the States. Gahhhhhhhhh.

Edit:

So... I just read the first chapter that's posted online.

I'm not sure I like where Eoin's going with this one. :|

Edited by Stromboli

I've read 5 books I think, I plan on reading them over and then reading the other ones now. Got me interested again lol!

Owo artemis fowl is good. Now I have something for a wishlist. I have either read 1-3 or 1-4. I thought they ended after that though. Glad I am wrong.

Atlantis Complex is growing on me.

----------------Spoiler----------------

I'm glad we've got an antagonist who's not Opal.

And I'm glad that Captain Root is getting used in something. I liked him in the short story about Holly making Recon. :3

Edit: MOAR SPOILERS-------------------------

So I just finished it. And I was surprisingly underwhelmed.

It was funny. Eoin's classic wit never fails to disappoint. But with the exceptioin of the probe killing everybody in the beginning, very little seemed to happen. Neither side ended up having a major point in their plans thwarted. There was no huge open battle. With the cover art, I was kind of expecting an epic battle for Atlantis.

The pre-release publicity had me expecting more interaction between Trouble and Artemis. I really wish Trubs had been with them through this escapade.

And two things I need to get off my chest:

Vinyaya. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

Construct a bivouac. 'Nuff said. biggrin.gif

Edited by Stromboli

^Ikr?

SPOILER!!!!!

Orion made me laugh SOOOO hard. And I'm glad Juliet came back, I missed her. But I agree, WHYYY VINYAYA!?!?!?!?!

Read the first three (or four) books, liked them relatively well, but probably wouldn't reread or continue with the series.

i've read all the ones that have come out, and i simply love them!!!!!! they are like one of my favourite books. i like them alot.png...just like nutella!

OMG. Someone else actually reads the series. Gleeeee -shot-

I own all the books so far, although the first 5 (my softcover copies) are in horrible condition. biggrin.gif Gotta say I loved Atlantis Complex, though, it was hilarious.

Eoin Colfer, once again reminding me why I found Artemis to be an amusing person. How long until we can talk about spoilers in here?

I think I've read the first 5, but I can't recall... Wait, they're a couple feet away...

Yeah, the first five. Number 1 is kind of buried near my bed because I started to reread it but then I started reading stuffs I'd never read before and it got a little lost... 2-5 are on a dresser near my bed, though.

I really like them. I like a lot of Eoin Colfer's books, though. (admittedly, the majority of what I've read were the AF books...)

Atlantis Complex? Is that a new book? Do want!!!

AUGH I didn't even know there was a new book!! DX *must buy soon*

Aside form that, I've read all of them except the first two. I started from The Eternity Code and went from there. xd.png The Time paradox was my personal fave.

Dude. You don't know Artemis Fowl unless you've read that first book. xd.png

First is my favorite, I think. Followed by Opal Deception.

the first AF book I read was actually the second in the series, cause I got it at my school's Book Fair in 4th or 5th grade. I then proceeded to get the rest of them (well, except for the last two) because I fell completely and totally in love with them.

I honestly tried to read the first two, but they bored me. (Maybe it was because I was like 10 or 12 or younger when I tried....) So I started with Eternity Code and it interested me, lol.

Time to go hunt down the first two and read them...maybe.

I thought the second one was really good. The whole kid rescuing his father thing really interested me, since I was about the same age as Artemis at the time. Kind of insane how I still love the books and I'm almost 20 now...

I even named one of my cats Artemis, but that was because his colouring reminded me of how Artemis was described in the book.

DONE!

If I hadn't been studying, this would have lasted a day. Anyways, loved it.

Spoilers ahead;

Loved Orion. He's a funny alter ego, and showed more of what I wanted to see.

The whole love story is fantastic. A villain moved by love. I think the same as Artemis, I was having a hard time condemning him. There was this last moment where I really felt sorry.

Good book to follow the saga.

And then we don't really get to see Artemis being cured. It was a sort of different ending to the usual; "ok, saved the world, I leave now".

I'll have to start collecting them at my second hand store. Thanx for the recommendation!

I tried to read one like 2 weeks ago but got so board I had to turn it back into the library. In my opinion they suck.

I read the first two a while back but then lost interest.

I'll be honest... I'm going to rally a whole heap of fans if Colfer doesn't pick up the act and write a decent finale. It'll kill my home forum if he doesn't!

Yes, Eoin Colfer is planning to write a 8th book and call quits.