Shoop_Da_Whoop

Artemis Fowl

I'll be honest... I'm going to rally a whole heap of fans if Colfer doesn't pick up the act and write a decent finale. It'll kill my home forum if he doesn't!

Yes, Eoin Colfer is planning to write a 8th book and call quits.

*nodnod* I agree. I really didn't like The Atlantis Complex, it was missing all of the elements of the typical Artemis Fowl books that got me hooked: complex plot, unexpected plot twists, devious teenage mastermind planning out stuff. This one just threw all that out the window. Artemis's mental disorder was interesting, and it would have been nice to see it fleshed out more, but it took backstage to a disappointing plot. I'd have liked for the villain to have remained unknown until near the climax, but with the scenes flashing back and forth between Butler, Artemis, and Turnball Root, it was disorienting, and nothing really jumped out at me.

I understand Colfer had problems with his editor. He originally intended for this book to be not set in Atlantis at all but dealing mainly with the mental disorder, but a cover mishap messed that up IIRC (not sure though). I hope he pulls it together well enough to make the ending to this unusual series to a satisfying close.

Yes, from what I've found Colfer had to re-write it due to the tremendous cost of the cover since the name of the book was misinterpreted.

Atlantis Complex was not the best of the series. My number one complaint is that we don't get to "see" very much of the witty genius, Artemis, but otherwise I liked it. It's worth a reread.

I like Orion, he's funny. xd.png Wonder if we will "see" him again.

I honestly tried to read the first two, but they bored me. (Maybe it was because I was like 10 or 12 or younger when I tried....) So I started with Eternity Code and it interested me, lol.

Time to go hunt down the first two and read them...maybe.

I read my first Artemis Fowl book when I was about that age ._. I remember so many days in middleschool I'd just sit in the library during the assist period and just reading the Artemis Fowl books over and over again. They even had a manga section!

I didn't know there was a new one(or relatively new) out. I will have to read it. Personally, my least favorite so far was the one with the time paradox. Granted, there has always been an environmentalist thread through all of his books, I felt it got a bit much in that book and that the Extinctionists were so ridiculous that it wasn't funny.

I have a crush on Artemis... *hides in corner*

And I'm currently working on Atlantis Complex. How? I sit in Wal-Mart's Books section and read. I save money~!

But this series is just about the best one for a while that I've read.

Artemis Fowl is EPIC. He's completely and totally awesome. If I didn't already have a crush on Murtagh from the Inheritance Cycle, I'd definitely go for Artemis.

The Atlantis Complex is probably my second favorite, but I really liked The Lost Colony. That was my favorite one (so far).

I have a crush on Artemis... *hides in corner*

And I'm currently working on Atlantis Complex. How? I sit in Wal-Mart's Books section and read. I save money~!

But this series is just about the best one for a while that I've read.

I have no respect for people like you.

Anyway, I felt like Atlantis Complex was very weak. Probably my least favorite so far.

I'd never read a book at a shop. :V

I'd either buy it or borrow it at the library, or, in the worst case, if it's something I can't find here, I'd get an e-book of it.

Anyway, holy shiz, didn't even know there were 7 books already. I've not kept up with the series, the last one that was printed in Latvia was The Opal Deception.

Edited by lightbird

Don't like the idea of reading a book in a shop. No thanks, but I feel kind of disgusted at the idea of buying a book that someone's read already. That's why I always take the ones at the end of the self, because of people like you.

I must confess I have read a few random pages when I wasn't convinced by the backcover. But never ever did this. Geez, I'd feel so embarrassed.

I am reading the Opal Deception. It's okay so far, I guess. Opal Koboi is so annoying. She's such a typical villain she's BORING. dry.gif

But some of the plot twists are nice, like the way the human hormones take over her magic-- Oops!!! Are you that far yet?

Uh...no, I'm like on Chapter 3 ^^" It's alright, I don't mind spoilers, and besides I don't even know who "her" is. wink.gif

I don't really care; I'll probably finish tonight, anyway.

It's Opal Koboi, right?

Edited by Stunningfire