Shoop_Da_Whoop

Artemis Fowl

I liked the first few, but after five the quality began to fall. Actually, it started to fall during five, but if that had been the end of the series it would have been okay. As it is...

hahaha I'm too lazy to translate the code xd.png

and by the way, I've just reread Arctic Incident and Eternity Code. <3

I love them all. But... The Atlantis Complex was probably my least favorite :/ oh, and Butler is my favorite fiction character ever. I wish I could be that awesome.

Oh, and his other books are good as well. Half-moon investigations is great.

Edited by philpot123

Agreed. Butler is totally awesome. happy.gif

urgh I need to reread the series before I can start on Atlantis Complex. I feel completely out of it :/

I'm in love with Eoin Colfer's writing, and the Artemis Fowl series is my one childish indulgence as a twenty-something year-old college student. tongue.gif The humor in those books is just great; there are few series that can really make me laugh.

Though I do have to say that the Atlantic Complex disappointed me. Really? What protagonist just goes, "OK, well, I tried. I give up now"? It was kind of a lame ending. It irks me that he just gave up so easily after such a complex and murderous rampage.

Edit: Great, thanks a lot. tongue.gif Now I have a strong desire to go and read these again.

Edited by Sister of the Dragon

I've actually never read Artemis Fowl.

What's it like? Is it really good?

If you love fiction you will love this series. It is REALLY good. tongue.gif

Isn't Eoin writing another book??

read every book of there's and have to say that the first few with Beet Roots were the best. though the other ones are just as good in my thought. i can't wait for the so called last one The Last Guardian (Artemis Fowl #8) to come out, though i'm not shore when its coming out only sometime in 2012. sad.gif

i need to go and figure out the codes on them sometime when i get the time.

I've read Artemis Fowl! I love it biggrin.gif *hugs the book* Arty's one of most awesome books ever. But I didn't read few books because they were in English and I'm not so good in it...

for those who want to read gnomish ---SPOILERS---the chapter names are written in english and in gnomish (if you're reading them in another langue you'll have to take your chances(it'll probably be the same though)) chapter one "the book" is "hexagon--squarish shape--underline----plus sign made of circles--triangle thing--triangle thing--mushroom"---END SPOILERS---

I found a good source of all the alphabetic letters in the book the Artemis Fowl files for those that need to translate them.

the test in it too called me a troll at first. dry.gif

LOL

I've read all the Artemis Fowl books that were out as of about four years ago. ha. Now it's been so long that I don't recall what the last book was at that point! Loved them, though, and after this crazy quarter of school is done, I'll have to re-read them, plus the newer books!

Also: Butler is the best, ever. srsly.

Different tastes for different people.

The Artemis Fowl books were some of the first that my younger (rather anti-reading) little brother found interesting, however, so will always be thankful that there were some books that he liked.