Ashleigh825

Dragon Cave Tips.

I just hover my mouse over the far right egg and recognize eggs by 1-2 words. Oh, and I use IE. It's not the horrible laggy mess people like to imply it is, or at least not in my experience. smile.gif

I just hover my mouse over the far right egg and recognize eggs by 1-2 words. Oh, and I use IE. It's not the horrible laggy mess people like to imply it is, or at least not in my experience. smile.gif

It is the worst for downloading viruses and so on though.... and doesn't allow some of the shortcuts other browsers do.

lol Not peak time for too many other's...I hardly see anyone on at 4 a.m my time. smile.gif And I have IE as well, have for years, and I've never gotten a virus anywhere...

I have FireFox and refresh every 2 seconds if I hunt, also, I'm a fast clicker. If I missed an egg, then I often refresh on the code page, in hope it'll be abandoned again.

I don't turn off java and else because it makes my computer not faster.

130 mbps connection and a 6gHz computer. And refreshing by clicking the banner, that seems to refresh quicker for some reason. But mostly luck. I got a CB gold recently on the second refresh on a much slower computer and connection just by, well, clicking it. No fancy anything really.

If there is a new release, and no other eggs will pop up in the main cave, I go there and click on the egg to the farthest right. If it says I didn't get it, I hit backspace and AS SOON AS I reach the cave again, I hit enter. Since my last click was on the egg farthest-right, it means that I am one of the first, if not the first, to click it.

I got Two Valentines and one of those thin-shell eggs by doing this.

fuzzbucket's advice works best for me.

In Firefox, disable Java and alter page to No Style.

Refresh continually, and the bottom box is what would be the right one normally so keep mouse hovered over that.

I caught the new eggs fairly easily doing that.

Although I personally use Firefox, I see from this thread that IE and Safari work just fine for people as well. Reading this thread gave me the tips I needed to improve my egg hunting considerably.

However, even with that, obtaining a metallic or trio seemed like a distant dream for me.

But, very recently, thanks to one person breeding a lot of Thunders, I managed to obtain my first Thunder off the AP. And then, because of the new release making the cave much more active, I obtained a CB Thunder. And, with things getting back to normal, but the AP highly clogged, I obtained a third Thunder off the AP!

I don't know why my luck was such that it happened to be all Thunders, but that's fine - it's a start. I have CB Electrics, so I can get started on a nice lineage with my CB Thunder.

So here's an egg hunting tip: hunt around the time of a new release!

Edited by quadibloc

I use Safari too, refreshing like mad on the main page and the AP and clicking as fast as I can when I see an egg I want. I've learned not to get frustrated if I don't get an egg I want: I usually end up catching another egg I've been looking for. A positive attitude helps!

cave, ap, cave, ap, etc.

Also, I've memorized all the descriptions/appearances of EVERY SINGLE EGG. So I know what I want, what's rare and what's new.

biggrin.gif

Trade. Otherwise you'll end up like me, obtaining your first 'actual rare' after a year of playing. -.-

...I turn off Java, and sometimes do no-style (because the white really bothers my eyes after a while.) but I can't seem to make turning off images work.

I use firefox, but when I turn them off, there is nothing to click on at all. Not a placeholder thing or even the text that comes up sometimes when the cave fails and images don't load.

I have no idea why I have this problem. Anybody know how to fix it? I assume I must be doing something wrong because one of the first things people say is "I turn off images"

Could I suggest that this thread's name be changed to something more specific like "Dragon Cave Tips"? I realize that being in the site discussion forum, it *has* to be about dragon cave, but it still reads like it's talking about games in general. (Edit: Thanks, _Z_ smile.gif)

Anyway, here's a way I've found to keep track of breeding and BSAs automatically, by using your browser history as a log.

These instructions are for Firefox, but I'm sure some of these tricks could be made to work on other browsers.

The first step: bringing up browser history

In Firefox, just click on History -> Show All History in the menu, or press Ctrl+Shift+H.

Finding out if a specific dragon was Influenced/Incubated

Just take the dragon's code and search the history for it. For instance, if I search for an Ice dragon that grew up recently, I get a listing that includes:

Dragon Cave - Actions - Comal

Dragon Cave - Actions - Carettochelys

Comal is a red and Carettochelys is a male pink, so I know this dragon was incubated and influenced male.

Actually, you might not even have to bring up Browser History for this one. Just type the code into Firefox's address bar and see what comes up in the autocompletion dropdown.

Finding out which dragons have used Influence/Incubate recently

Go to browser history and search for /action/ (just like that, with slashes at the beginning and end). You'll get a list of dragons that have used influence or incubate.

This listing will be much more useful if you display the date of each BSA use. To do that, right-click on the column headers and make sure "Visit Date" is checked. Once the "Visit Date" column appears, you can click on it to sort by date.

Finding out which dragons have bred recently

This is just like the influence/incubate history, except that you have to search for /breed/ . Unfortunately, only one dragon's name is displayed for each breeding, but the "Location" column will contain the codes for both dragons embedded in the URL.

What if it doesn't work?

None of these tips will work if your privacy settings prevent the history from being stored -- for instance, if you're automatically starting Firefox in a private browsing session, or clearing your browsing history every time Firefox closes. They also might not work well if Firefox is set to remember browsing history for only a short time. You can change any of these settings by going to Tools -> Options -> Privacy.

Edited by CoraxG

For getting new rare dragons (such as the Cheese dragons, when they were released), I do all of my hunting as the eggs are being released for the first time. It's much easier because not only are the drops filled with the same eggs, more of them are released to balance out the ratios.

Pulling this thread back to the front in case it can be of help during the Halloween release.

Here's one:

For god's sakes, if you ever want to catch a dino, DON'T WASTE FIVE SECONDS READING THE DESCRIPTION. xd.png if it has a long description, assume it's a dino and click on it. xd.png

Press F5 instead of the refresh button. Keep your mouse clicky thing on the very right-most egg, as when an egg is taken, that is where the new one ends up.

If your internet lags, that 9 times out of ten means you got the egg.

For the hourly egg-drops, keep two tabs open, so that if you click on an egg you won't need to wait for the page to reload (it takes longer to load a new page than a refreshed one) to click on another one.

That's all I've got. xd.png

I use the ctrl-click method, especially this Halloween. Just ctrl-click on every Halloweenie you see, and close the tabs that don't give you eggs. I use Firefox, I don't know if it works in other browsers.

I use the ctrl-click method, especially this Halloween. Just ctrl-click on every Halloweenie you see, and close the tabs that don't give you eggs. I use Firefox, I don't know if it works in other browsers.

Confirming that Ctrl + Click works in Chrome as well.

Also, has anyone found any alternative for Apple + R for Macs?

Confirming that Ctrl + Click works in Chrome as well.

Also, has anyone found any alternative for Apple + R for Macs?

'Scuse my confusion, but what are you looking for an alternative for - refreshing? You can change the set key strokes by going to System Preferences --> Keyboard & Mouse --> Keyboard Shortcuts. Click the + to add one. Label it refresh and use whatever shortcut you want. :3

Thanks for the info for us Mac users but I can't get it to work.

Got to the + part - what application should I be in?? I have tried it in All applications but can't get it to work.

Menu Title - is this where I type Refresh??

Keyboard Shortcut - can I only use one of the F numbered keys - when I tried to type just a letter it would not take it.

Would appreciate a bit more help, thank you.

Edited by owned by toys

Please use the edit button and edit your posts rather than triple posting.

edit: Thank you for editing/deleting the extra posts.

Sorry I can't help with your problem, I don't have a mac. There is a question and answer thread in General Discussion that might be of help.

Edited by rubyshoes

Thanks for the info for us Mac users but I can't get it to work.

Got to the + part - what application should I be in?? I have tried it in All applications but can't get it to work.

Menu Title - is this where I type Refresh??

Keyboard Shortcut - can I only use one of the F numbered keys - when I tried to type just a letter it would not take it.

Would appreciate a bit more help, thank you.

"Reload the page" may work if "refresh" doesn't.

If All Applications doesn't work, try choosing the browse you use.

You may have to restart your browser for it to work.

Yes, you can use an F key. Just press the F key you want to use and it'll pop up in the field. :3