Ashleigh825

Dragon Cave Tips.

I also noticed that people living in the western hemisphere tend to be able to get rares or at least see them more often. Maybe these rares are more easy to get at early morning hours?

I've recently traded with someone who doesn't have very many dragons, but has a CB of each trio, one CB gold, and two CB blacks. Talk about luck!

I'm still incredibly jealous :3

Well, hunting for me is rather easy. When I go hunting I focus on one type of dragon and watch for it. When I see there are certain commons blocking the cave, I relax for a little while and watch the AP. When I do happen to see something that might be a rare, I reflex click. Often times it turns out to be something else.

My tip, keep trying. Don't give up. Eventually you'll get what you want.

Autorefresh sounds useful. Anyone know if Chrome has an autorefresh feature? *hates Firefox and IE*

But I thought we weren't supposed to use an autorefresher?

I use firefox and turn off images and disable java script if I'm hunting from the main cave.

I use firefox, how do I turn off images and disable java script?

Maybe doing that will help me when I try to catch for Christmas.

I use firefox, how do I turn off images and disable java script?

Maybe doing that will help me when I try to catch for Christmas.

Just above the address bar on the Firefox browser you will see something that says 'Tools'

Click that, go to Options, and uncheck the boxes for JavaScript and Images.

I use Firefox (the fastest for catching, I've noticed) with an autorefresher (which really doesn't refresh much faster than I could do it manually, as I set it at either 5 or 6 seconds, but it does leave me free to focus on catching instead of refreshing), park my cursor on the far right egg and look out for keywords in the descriptions. I also turn off javascript and images, and then I hope for something good to come by. xd.png Seems to work fairly well for me. In the AP I do the same thing, minus turning off images. I'm going to be keeping up this technique for the christmas drop so that I will hopefully be able to catch at least one of this year's dragon and maybe a snow angel or yulebuck.

Just above the address bar on the Firefox browser you will see something that says 'Tools'

Click that, go to Options, and uncheck the boxes for JavaScript and Images.

thanks

I also noticed that people living in the western hemisphere tend to be able to get rares or at least see them more often. Maybe these rares are more easy to get at early morning hours?

I've recently traded with someone who doesn't have very many dragons, but has a CB of each trio, one CB gold, and two CB blacks. Talk about luck!

I'm still incredibly jealous :3

Funny I am in the western hemisphere and I've always felt that the Europeans have an advantage because our" o'dark hundred" is the middle of the day for them and that seems to be when rares and really nice lineages are released to the cave and the AP. laugh.gif

I have noticed that Firefox( at least mine) likes to "reload" cached pages, thus missing the real changes, so in addition to" no images and no java " I reboot the browser , between cave drops or when my finger goes numb from refreshing.

Also when holiday cave hunting I don't wait for the pages to load after a click but open multiple tabs/pages and go from one to the other

My problem is the AP-- my old eyes and slow reaction time more often than not leave me a second too late( am hoping for some minimal lag so I Might have a snowflakes' chance at a Holly rolleyes.gif )

strange, but when I turned off images it worked worse with catching unsure.gif

with me the most luck comes always unexpectedly. when I hunt on purpose I am always too late.

I turn off javascript and images.

then I try not to go crazy over the fact that the eggs I'm looking for almost never show up :']

Have enough space to allow for misclicks mad.gif (was locked earlier due to.... biggrin.gif) But then if you are ALMOST fast enough....

Be EPICLY fast. Turn into a Cave Ninja. Also it sounds weird but in the cave I put my finger on the spot where before the page loads all the way I can move my mouse quickly and snatch it up. That's what got me my 4 Black Marrows, 1 Yulebuck (There's a reason for only 1) 2 Snow Angels, ALMOST a Holly (but I got the "you have too many eggs" note mad.gif ) and some other dragons like reds, red dorsal, etc. alot.pngalot.pngbiggrin.gif

I just missed a 'this egg is very hot' or something! I got it in time but i then got'you have too many egg'ect ect :-(

I just missed a 'this egg is very hot' or something! I got it in time but i then got'you have too many egg'ect ect :-(

That's an ember. Be thankful it wasn't almost too hot to touch - a magma and that WOULD be upsetting !

Well,thanks to DC wikia,I now know the desription for every egg,so yeah...

And in the AP,I click something I like then[if I only have one space,which is usual]I click something common that I like and if I get the common thing,I know I didn't get the rare.ect.Amazingly,I got a snow angel,a nebula and a seasonal with that method!

I learned the descriptions for the eggs I am trying to catch, I probably mumble them in my sleep! Okay...maybe not that much, but it helps me quickly identify what egg I am looking for. (namely, I memorize the first few words and the length, so I can look quickly and click without really thinking too hard tongue.gif)

Have patience, seriously it takes forever sometimes to get that illusive egg tongue.gif

Hunting the Cave:

1) Use Firefox.

2) Turn off images and Javascript.

3) Do NOT use an auto refresher. It waits until the page is finished loading before it starts it countdown to refresh. You can refresh faster manually.

4) Put the cursor over the last egg.

5) Refresh like mad.

6) Memorize key words for eggs you want. Go in with only 3-5 eggs you are willing to pick up. Leave anything else behind.

Hunting the AP:

1) Use Firefox.

2) Turn off Javascript.

3) Put cursor over top left egg.

4) Refresh like mad.

5) Memorize the looks of the eggs you want. No more than 5.

I have yet to catch any CB metallics or blacks, but that is because I haven't seen any when I am hunting. However, using this, I caught probably 15 CB reds and 10 CB whites before Christmas for Christmas breedings. I have also caught dinos, cheese, paper, vines, etc very easily.

Edited by zamirathe

Cave:

Use Opera (much faster then FireFox)

turn off Java

turn off images

hover over the far right spot

memorize important words ("metallic, radiance, one third, leetle", etc)

F5 repeatedly

don't hunt for more then a few minutes without taking a break or you'll start failclicking

AP:

Use Opera

Turn off Java (but leave Images on)

either hover at the top left corner where the short time eggs/hatchies go, or hover toward the bottom

When I was hunting Yules I hovered over a spot that I had seen Yules in and refreshed, ignoring any Yule that did not appear in that spot because by the time I had gotten to that other egg it would already be gone.

F5 repeatedly

I find Chrome TERRIBLY slow; firefox much faster. WE all seem to have different view son this one ! But Opera is a good one when firefox has an off day.

man, i need to work on staring at the computer for 5 hours. i just cant do it, i stay on 1,2, 3 hours tops. how do y'all do it? blink.gif

I usually sit with my eyes glued to the screen and my mouse ready. Usually I'm too impatient to sit there for too long. Though I did get a CB Nebula, and I know those are hard to get CBs of.

I also use Safari, sense I got a Mac. Chrome su.cks on ice, and I'm not sure about Firefox... Maybe I should try that.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

I use Safari with the Javascript turned off for catching it's the fastest I have come across so far, and I use Firefox for everything else it seems easier to move things around on my scroll with Firefox..

I use Safari as I can see the codes as well at the bottom and if I see an interesting one I click on it biggrin.gif

I tend to hunt for eggs when not too many people are around...like 3-4 o'clock in the morning! smile.gif I have really fast internet, and that helps a lot, too. When only 120 people are in the cave hunting at 3 a.m, I usually always snag the eggs I'm after! smile.gif

I tend to hunt for eggs when not too many people are around...like 3-4 o'clock in the morning! smile.gif I have really fast internet, and that helps a lot, too. When only 120 people are in the cave hunting at 3 a.m, I usually always snag the eggs I'm after! smile.gif

Sadly 3 or 4 in the morning is peak time for others... This IS a global site !