Ashleigh825

Dragon Cave Tips.

The last one. Wow, that can't apply to me more. I get slaps in the face from the cave daily. x3

It happens to the best of us >.< just have to learn to take the slaps because for every slap to the face is a....PAPER biggrin.gif

It happens to the best of us >.< just have to learn to take the slaps because for every slap to the face is a....PAPER biggrin.gif

No, I though it was pixels on a screen. You just have to brush it off. Now, where's my 2 cents?

oooh, shiney thread! i'll be watchin this one wink.gif

try not to lock yourself. Unless you have to and you have like rares and stuff with you, it's really annoying to want to go AP hunting/Cave hunting and realize you're locked with four eggs that you have for six days.

especially when they hatch at the same time and you're locked with their hatchlings for the next couple of days too dry.gif

-If you're going hunting for rares, you're gonna be there awhile. I guarantee it. it took me a year to catch my CB silver and it's my only one. Be prepared to be patient or you'll never get anything rare, especially if it's a specific type of rare.

-PATIENCE. I can't say this enough. ._. Patience is the key to this game; you can't get anywhere without it.

-If you put your eggs in more than one hatchery at a time, fog them when you go offline, or they may get sick. I do this constantly.

-Check the Departure Boards and the gifting threads often, as many of them have good things being given out/dropped at any time. The departure boards and the Giving tree are both in the Site Discussion forum, and the New Rare Breeders are in the breeding forum.

-Another tip for rare hunting is to simply not look for that kind of rare. In my experience, I've found that the cave gives me what I want when I'm not looking for it. ('Course, if you want to just hunt it anyway, that's good too. :3)

-There are plenty of people around with an 'I breed on request' sign in their sig. don't be afraid to ask for an egg from them, just be sure to ask nicely. smile.gif

-Remember it's a game. Don't take it too seriously if you miss an egg you want-there will always be another. Persistence is always good in this game. :3

[*]Don't try and breed your dragons when the AP is almost empty or empty. Chances are you won't get anything.

[*]Don't try to breed Rare x Rare, they usually don't produce anything. For example, the combination Gold x Silver is almost guaranteed to never breed.

Two corrections, sorry unsure.gif

You usually are more sucessful with breeding when the ap is low, as opposed to being full. (usually)

And on the second point. RareXRare Never produce anything they will always refuse. If you see a rare x rare breeding in the linage this is from a glitch that occured in 2008 (I think thats when)

Play with the hatching times.

Fog-unfog eggies so they hatch a few hours/a day later so they keep you from being locked.

If an egg had enough views to hatch, they won't die from being fogged till the have stil 2 or 1 days. They will hatch atm you unfog them.

dragoncave is just mathematics (to convince parents who aren't that pleased with their child playing DC) biggrin.giftongue.gif

You usually are more sucessful with breeding when the ap is low, as opposed to being full. (usually)

I wrote from experience. It's been more than two years since I'm playing DC, and whenever the AP is empty, my dragons almost never produce anything.

You don't need to spend all of your time on dc. if you put your eggs and a few clicksites and you are scroll-locked you'll just get exasperated staring at your screen. hang out on the forum or do something fun elsewhere

leave one of your windows on a site's automated refresher to help save dragons when you can't play.

The breeding success rate has nothing to do with how full the AP is. The rate has to do with how many of that breed or breeds of dragon there are in the population.

Grab a bunch of black and vine eggs from the AP. If you're lucky and score some alt hatchies, they make great trade fodder for those rarer items you're looking for.

If you're looking for dragons, including rares if you're a newbie, the Giving Tree is a great place to go for eggs. It may take a while for the one you want to be gifted to you but it's worth waiting when you finally have your first gold or silver.

Try to breeding even-generation PB eggs for trade or even-generation eggs with pretty lineages. They tend to be worth more in the long-run as far as trades go.

Edited by Eyota

Someone's probably said this but USE THE IRC CHAT WHEN TRADING. Trading sucks if youer' doing it via pm to someone you don't know personally.

And also, the IRC CHAT IS ALWAYS HELPFUL for any questions you have...you can ask the more experienced members.

The link to the irc chat is in Z and TJ's siggies, that I know for sure...

It's still in Z's siggie then, or I think there's a thread that shows you where it is somewhere.

Oh, and on the IRC it's helpful if you use your forum name so that people know who you are xd.png

Wildwindflower, some people LIKE inbreds. I take in inbreds if I have space. But it is a good idea to keep track of your dragons if you don't want inbreeding.

To add onto what darkangel said...the IRC is also really useful because you can talk to your trade partner in realtime, rather than setting a drop time, which can easily be forgotten or missed. :3

Wow this is a great thread! Thanks for posting all the advice. I need to work on the "not locking your scroll" thing... which I have done. Majorly. I'm working on my patience.

Uh... I guess for my advice, practice trading through the IRC with your mentor (if you have one) at least once so you can get the hang of it. Or if you don't have a mentor and plan on trading through the IRC but have never traded before, first practice trading a common egg that you won't mind losing (if that happens) until you get the hang of trading, and then trade the egg that you actually want to trade. Uphold your end of the deal, whichever it may be (never had an issue with this, but just throwing that out there). And of course, don't forget to be polite.

Edit: More advice!

An AP gold or silver is still a gold or silver. Although, it's also probably supposed to be involved in a trade... but, you never know.

And whether or not you care about inbreeding is up to you. Personally, I don't do it, but I don't care if there is inbreeding my dragon's lineage.

Edited by zephyr_123

Sought after lineage things:

Thuweds-- thuweds are dragons that were bred off of TJ's scroll, no matter how far back in the lineage it is-- so if you have one, It' susually worth more than the actual value of the egg itself. Usually you can recognize this because a dragon or more than one dragon have the name "Thuwed" somehwere in their full name.

Dorkfaces- descendants of Midas Dorkface, I believe, though I'm not as familiar with this type... these are also valued more than the value of the normal egg/hatchling itself, and you write Dorkface in its name somewhere so that people know its a Dorkface.

pressin f5 is the fastest way to refresh.

Not always - my laptop, for example, gets brighter when I press F5. So I use Ctrl-R. It's just as good, and when you're refreshing the cave or AP, anything you click whilst holding Ctrl turns up in a new tab.

For newbies, like me (now slightly less shiney new) the keyword is READ.

Reading is important but don't forget to drop us questions through pms or questions in help threads. we don't bite very hard.

Don't let nerves get to you. You'll make stupid mistakes and get frustrated. For another one, don't get frustrated. Whenever you feel it comin just take a break for a month and come back. It's really no big deal and you'll have cooled off by then. Remember- It's all in your head.

Let your fellow gamers play how they want to play. If one guy likes collecting a bazillion cheese eggs, why is that your problem? That he's 'hoarding' all the cheese eggs? Please. Let other people play how they want, just smile and continue on. Getting frazzled over someone that really has no way of affecting you (other than maybe trading some goodies for that cheese egg you may have) just makes the game unenjoyable.

I just use firefox, make sure I' unlocked, then go for it! xd.png

If I'm cave hunting, not AP hunting, I'll hang my mouse right over the far right egg, as that's where the new eggs come in.

This surprisingly works for me :3