Ashleigh825

Dragon Cave Tips.

I just take any egg i dont already have so i am always getting the eggs i want.....although now its getting harder as the list of dragons i haven't yet caught is getting Smaller and smaller and the dragons i dont have get rarer and rarer.

Just keep refreshing and try to click fast,sometimes you just get lucky even if you arent a fast clicker.

Remember to check both the AP and the biomes

Don't know if this has been said before here, (not gonna wade thru 8 pages, lol)

But many people don't realize, they don't HAVE to put eggs in hatcheries at all UNTIL they are in ER status, at 3.23 days. Mine sit on my scroll til then, then I put them in like, 5 popular hatcheries, and voila!! they hatch within an hour or two.

And many don't realize also, that if they gender, then they will grow up at the 4 day mark again, usually without need for extra hatchery tending.

I've done this for 9 years, never had an egg die on me yet. Never.

Oh, and if an egg gets sick, don't panic. It won't die that fast. Just fog it for a day, and then it will be fine.

And at a holiday drop, don't rush to grab at midnight. Everyone else does. The eggs will drop for at least 24 hours, wait a few hours for the rush to die down, then go get yours. There will be plenty. Less stress that way, more enjoying of the holiday. cool.gif

Also, many of us oldtimers will be glad to breed you a common, or uncommon, for free, if you just ask nicely. Check the sig, many of us have put that we don't mind requests. Of course, don't just keep asking, that gets annoying, lol. But for a struggling new person, most of us are glad to help get you a BSA, or regular dragon or two.

Just ask. Nicely. cool.gif

Edited by Riverwillows

My tips? Learn key words, especially ones that are distinctive or different. For example "gleam" and "reddish" for Coppers, and "whenever" for Thunders.

If you want alt Dorsals/Ridgewings, or Sunstones/Moonstones, copy the link and change "get" to "view". Those dragons usually sit around long enough to check if it is the one you want.

Trade, trade, trade! Have a dragon you don't want? Trade it for another. Get an egg from that trade you don't want? Trade it again!

And be nice! Everyone I've met on this forum is very nice and helpful. tongue.gif

How do the same people seem to have golds to trade every few weeks. I can think of three users off the top of my head that always seem to have a gold to trade.

i'm just a beginner here i don't even know eggs that much i just remember dino's and magi dragons. so i just go to the abandoned eggs and i open a new tab and i write which egg is which and when i find a cool dragon pattern i just try to check real quick if the drag is rare or uncommon. it usually works but you need to react fast because if its a rare then the most common thing that will happen you will find out that its rare and try to get it but it will say that its taken tongue.gif

How do the same people seem to have golds to trade every few weeks. I can think of three users off the top of my head that always seem to have a gold to trade.

I asked someone this once, who was very good at catching Golds, and they said they had six different windows opened and sized/placed so they could see them all at once. Then when the five minutedrop hit they went through them all really quickly and refreshed while keeping their mouse over one particular egg-spot in each window.

I imagine it takes luck, a fast internet, and unbelievably good reflexes, but I really don't think every user that catches a lot of Golds and Silvers is a cheater.

Perhaps there are updates to tips users have to offer?

(Bump for new users who might be interested.)

Build your BSA armies. Certain dragons are very helpful in making hatching quicker and more effective and allow you to Gift/Trade. I recommend 30-50 Reds & Pinks (half and half on M/F for Pinks). And 6-10 Magi for Teleport (you may need more of these three as time goes by but I would shoot for those goals well before your gold trophy) If you want to get your GONs you need multiple sets of the Elemental Trios (Magma, Thunder, Ice) to make it easier. However these dragons aren't easy to find in the Biomes or AP, but you can have bred versions very easily by requesting them via Gifting Threads. If there are any dragons you love but can't seem to get, request these too.

Lineages may not mean anything to you yet. But it will later on it probably will. Most gifting threads will allow you to specify that you would like a "neat or clean or non messy line". Trust me and do this whenever possible.

Hatchlings are awesome because they help you get to that next scroll goal faster. Grab them when you can.

Be involved with the various forum groups. Ask for help. Be polite and prompt. Even if you are nervous about contacting people who offer free breeding, try to do it anyway. I've written a bunch of posts about this in other places. Let us help you and find fun places you like on the forums. You will meet many nice people and it will make your experience much richer. Soon you'll be helping others too!

ETA: What does this have to do with hunting? If you are newer and need to keep your slots as empty as possible, the BSAs manage with that and help you Trade for what you want or need. There is also a wisdom in knowing when you should request something to be "bred" for specific goals vs trying to hunt it in the Biomes. As you get better, there is a lot of other advice for harder stuff. But if you really can't seem to catch it and really want or need something, sometimes a Bred 2G that is free may be a better alternative until you get it yourself.

Edited by natayah

Works for commons/blocker breeds (technically it would work for any breed as long as the egg is not snatched yet but only commons/blockers have chance to sit that long)

If you see an egg in cave that you need but don't have space yet (an ER is hatching or someone is about to pick a gift you're holding etc.), leave that tab open as it is and don't refresh it. Once you have the space, come back to the tab and click the egg. This way you will be able to pick the egg that is possibly no longer displaying in the biome after the 5min or hourly drop but as long as you click from the actual page of cave you should be able to pick it.

Do not save the /get link instead, as the get links don't work if you copy paste them. You need to click on the egg from biome page.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

I have been getting a lot of messages asking me how I catch CB Golds every day. Instead of repeating myself constantly, I have decided to make this post and link to it. smile.gif

user posted image

I have been getting a lot of messages asking me how I catch CB Golds every day. Instead of repeating myself constantly, I have decided to make this post and link to it. smile.gif

user posted image

how dose one turn these off and back on?

^ Depends on your browser.

I personally use a Chromium Based Browser (Google Chrome-esque).

For Google Chrome or a Chromium Based Browser:

Copy+Paste chrome://settings/content into your browser bar. Images should be the 2nd option. Simply click next to Do not show any images. If you prefer, click Manage Exceptions and add dragcave.net to the list and select Block under Behavior.

For Mozilla FireFox:

It's not as easy as Chrome. Copy+Paste about:config into your browser bar. Search for the option permissions.default.image. Change the value from 0 to 1.

If you prefer, the more popular browsers have Extensions that disable images with a single click rather than going through the Settings.

To revert back to having images on: Undo what you did, simply put. tongue.gif

* I am not responsible if you break something *

@PF4E *crawls out of the desert with mageias* noo my "secret" hideout! tongue.gif

But in all seriousness, thank you for the tips - I'll definitely be trying a few. Also the layout of the tips is so classy?!

Also - a while back I was searching for a topic like this and happened upon this one:

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=99162&hl=

If anyone wants more tips for catching rares, I found some of the ideas helpful.

^ Depends on your browser.

I personally use a Chromium Based Browser (Google Chrome-esque).

For Google Chrome or a Chromium Based Browser:

Copy+Paste chrome://settings/content into your browser bar. Images should be the 2nd option. Simply click next to Do not show any images. If you prefer, click Manage Exceptions and add dragcave.net to the list and select Block under Behavior.

For Mozilla FireFox:

It's not as easy as Chrome. Copy+Paste about:config into your browser bar. Search for the option permissions.default.image. Change the value from 0 to 1.

If you prefer, the more popular browsers have Extensions that disable images with a single click rather than going through the Settings.

To revert back to having images on: Undo what you did, simply put. tongue.gif

* I am not responsible if you break something *

Thanks for this.

I could never figure out how to turn off images/javascript on chrome.