Evilminion

Names, names, everywhere!

How many of your dragons have you named?  

565 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Now that I have finally gotten around to naming all my dragons, I started to wonder how many other folks out there are determined to make sure everything on their scroll has a name. Do you name your dragons? Just some of them? Or do you figure, eh, why bother naming a bunch of pretty pixels?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Personally, I have three different naming schemes: a pair of frozen hatchies and adults of each species with "ordinary" names, a pair of adults of each species with really silly names, and then a bred pair of adults for each species with appropriate phobia names. With so many dragons on my scroll, I'll admit it sometimes gets difficult to think of new names!

And yes, I really wish I could name the leetle tree. laugh.gif

I finally named them all... took me a while. I am not very original though lol.

As soon as mine grow up I name them, it drives me crazy to have unnamed dragons on my scroll, they have to have names and personalities xd.png

Edited by StormTwist

I have 13 out of 474 according to EDS that still need names. Not bad I think.

As far as naming schemes go, it varies by breed. Each dragon inspires me differently.

For example: The stripes are all Latin names for butterflies. The Silvers are all first name Argentum then something to do with the lineage or how I acquired it. The Ice are all Iceland glaciers, because its obvious and I was just there this summer, lol.

My mom says I put too much thought into it but I figure i have to see it all the time so if that's what it take to make my OCD happy that's what I'll do.

All of them, but the two new frozen hatchlings I just got and my hellfire hatchling because I'm waiting for it to gender.

I try to name all of them as soon as possible (:

It really bugs me when I have an "unnamed" spot.

All except for a few of my newer ones. I do not sort the unnamed ones until I name them so I do not forget to name them.

Right now I'm trying to name them all, however I have a female Grey in need of a name plus three gendered hatchlings I should think up names for.

50 unnamed out of 427 atm... more than I thought but not to bad, I'm gonna name them all eventually. A few are unnamed for future song projects and stuff tho

Edited by ronja

IIRC, I have only bred my named dragons. I often get stumped on coming up with good names, though, so am getting an increasing number of unnamed dragons... huh.gif

I'm OCD in the fact that I always name my dragon with a scheme. Each breed has the same surname, and sometimes a first name scheme. The exception is dragons that have just recently grown up, or ones (such as my CB female Black) that I haven't decided on a perfect name yet.

I name all mine with the tagname of Dragoon, with the exception of Frozen hatchlings and one lone Silver xd.png

Edited by DarkdragoonXHybrid

I used to name all my dragons, but then it got to the point where all my names were just plain cheesy so, I gave up the motion.

I've named all of mine.

Some have name schemes, some don't. I like drawing on other languages or various gods/goddesses.

I know I have named about 70% of mine, but I'm still behind. I'm trying to name them, but well I want to pick out good names that I won't regret. :x

I name all of mine except for the ones without pairs yet, or the frozen hatchlings I want to use as place holders.

All of them. I love naming them and name then usually as soon as I can unless it's a gender specific name.

So far 57 out of 219 are unnamed, these are dragons waiting for names, just haven't had the proper inspiration hit me yet.

I like to give mine really off the wall names. As weird as they are there is a method to my madness and there's always a meaning behind a name, most are media related or just random things I hear and decide that it would be a good name.

If it exists on my scroll, it'll be named eventually.

I try to name my dragons once the fully mature but sometimes it takes a week or so.

I name all of mine as soon as they're adults (at least). I dislike having unnamed ones on my scroll, since it messes with uniformity. But then I mostly use Wikipedia articles/obscure words as my names, so it's not very hard to come up with them in a couple of minutes.

I name all my dragons/frozen hatchlings as soon as I find myself sufficiently motivated, usually within the week.

I have a fairly obvious naming scheme, haha.. King ______, Queen _______, Prince _________, Princess ________.

Oh, and Ambassador ________ for my genderless.

I usually go onto a baby names site and choose names that have significance to the dragon's breed, and paste an appropriate royal title in front of it.

And they all //have// to have descriptions, right after I name them. ^.^

I name EVERY dragon, without fail. If I can't think of a name right away, I staaaaaaaaaaaaare until I think of one. Or I look at the code, or lineage.

I usually name based on the dragon. Names come to me very easily, and I usually name based on color.

(Example, my male pink is Momoiro Odango - "Momoiro" is the Japanese word for "pink")

PS- I'm also a huge fan of naming based on Japanese names/words, and anime. wub.gif