Evilminion

Names, names, everywhere!

How many of your dragons have you named?  

565 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Most of my dragons are named, except for the ones that a) Irritate me and give me now insipiration for a name, or b.) I can't be assed.

Most of my names are quite strange....Numa-Numa, Taco Nacho, Scissor Sammich...

Most often I name them so I can recognize them in the breeding list. Or I name them when I look at them and suddenly think of a name.

I hate that so many are already taken (obviously that isn't anybody's fault, no drama now) and most of the time I don't bother.

I hate having unnamed adults in my scroll, but in naming them i'm still often a few dragons behind. I never sort them before they have names so that i remember to do it asap. c:

I hate having unnamed adults in my scroll, but in naming them i'm still often a few dragons behind. I never sort them before they have names so that i remember to do it asap. c:

same thing I do

I name all my dragons. Usually they are still hatchlings when they get a name. I think every dragon deserves a name. smile.gif

Edited by Bandahar

I name my dragons after friends from other sites screen names and machinima characters which i really like and i have all two of mine named biggrin.gif

I try to give them all names, but I'm a bit very behind.

I really do want to name all of them, but I'm too picky with names. They'll get named, I promise... someday.

I also don't sort mine until they are named usually. Mostly because I have a few different naming schemes and don't want to get it mixed up, or forget what I was going to do with it.

My three primary naming schemes are Lord of the Rings themed, Avatar themed, and my first theme where I name a dragon ______ of ______ where the first blank is usually a physical attribute of the dragon (claw, teeth, scales) and the second blank is something that describes the dragon physically, or otherwise (bravery, emerald, kindness).

All caught up for now. I'm starting to give gendered hatchlings names before they grow up, so long as I know what they will look like as adults.

I always name mine. Sometimes I'll wait until a hatchling has gendered if I'm only after one gender, but other than that, they all get named pretty much as soon as they hatch. As I keep to a song title name with the majority, I usually put my MP3 player on random and whatever song comes out first which isn't already taken will be the dragon's name.

I always name mine. A lot of the the parent names and make the kid's name like that.

ie, Venom Edel + Black Muse = Black Edel

I try to name them all, but sometimes I forget to name the freezed ones.

I try to give them good names too, but freezed ones often gets names after their grand parents ( Example: If his fathers name is Guchi, he can get the name Guchi II )

i try to name mine right after they grow up, just before i move them in my legacy sorting ;3

Heh heh... I name far less than I should D:

I have such a hard time thinking of names though.

All of them! I describe them, too, just because... Um...

I was bored.

I usually name them while they are hatchlings. My replacement one (RIP Little Frilled Tail) was named as an adult. Haven't missed a single one. I have a loose naming pattern, and I'm a Warriors fan (don't act crazy about them online, though), so some are named like tribe cats. I name them before they gender, so all at least have names.

oh, I *hate* it when I have unnamed dragons on my scroll... sadly, quite a few of them are unnamed xd.png "I'm trying to name them all, but I'm a bit behind..."

I'm absolutely no good at naming things...

I generally name them all but sometimes I get behind. Right now I think I have all of adults and frozen hatchlings named, but there may be one or two unnamed. biggrin.gif

All of them. I figure what's the use of just leaving them with numbers? To me their names define them and give them personalities. Plus, since my scroll is deity based it's tricky to find deities from different cultures that haven't yet been used but so far I've been lucky and have been able to fill all my slots. For the longer names I have nicknames for them--especially all my vamps. biggrin.gif

I name all of my dragons eventually, "eventually" being the key word here. ^^ Sometimes I name my new dragons right away, like I did with my Mayhem ones, and others have been sitting on my scroll for quite some time waiting for me to get an inspiration. My waterhorses, neotropicals, magmas, a bunch of purples I may or may not be keeping and one of my reds are still waiting unnamed, but the rest are covered.

...with the odd exception of few adults that I have to wait and see if they'll breed with their intended parteners to name them accordingly. >>

I've Named Every Single One Of My Dragons O.O However Many That May Be Now... I Don't Like Having Blanks On My Scroll ^^; -laughs- I Used To Just Name Them The Moment They Hatched But Now I Wait For Them To Gender And Base The Name On That. Their Breed And Lineage Sometimes Plays A Part In Their Names To >.> And More Recently I've Been Giving Them All A Japanese Name. It Does Get Hard To Think Of Something To Call Them After A While Though -.-;

with the odd exception of few adults that I have to wait and see if they'll breed with their intended parteners to name them accordingly

I've Found Myself Doing That For A Few As Well o.O