Evilminion

Names, names, everywhere!

How many of your dragons have you named?  

565 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All my over 600 dragons are happily named. C: Sometimes I fall a bit behind with naming the newcomers -I just named over 20 dragons at once month ago, but most of the time no adult in my scroll stays unnamed for more than couple of days.

My method of naming varies from day to day and breed to breed. Some dragons I have named with Arabic names, others with Tolkien style elven names, others just have random things or silly phrases as their names.

For me, naming my darlings has always been both fun and important -latter mostly because I never recognize my dragons by their code and wouldn't want to end up accidentally inbreeding them or something because I didn't remember who was related to who. I use surnames to prevent things like that from happening.

I name, register, then sort them tongue.gif A little bit OCD, but it helps me keep track of lineages at a glance. My Reds and Trios are particularly well organized, but I need to go back and rename a lot of them when I'm on break. My whites need to be slightly renamed, as do my Nebulas.

I name ALL THE THINGS! xd.png

Some are breed-based, some are lineage names (like Doctor Who quotes, song lyrics, or my Holiday Alt lineages where I build each generation's names based on their parents'). Some are punny, like "Magmalicious" for a Magma, some are serious. Either way, they usually get named pretty much as soon as they hatch.

I'm behind right now but all of my dragons will be named eventually. Any dragon that has a lineage is automatically named for its lineage; I try to keep as close as I can to the style. It's tough though, especially with multi-lineaged dragons.

My own dragons all have the surname Cyr, with exceptions made for the vampires due to the way they 'reproduce'. Individual names vary greatly. You will find on my scroll dragons named for their codes, in other languages, references to video games, references to books, references to mythology, anime, movies, even people I've known. I usually stick to a theme within a breed, though not always. All my nebulas are named for astrologers or constellations, for example.

Right now most of my unnamed dragons are the newer breeds and the old Halloween dragons simply because I haven't come up with anything yet. Same with a few miscellaneous CBs here and there. I won't breed any of them until they are named, either.

I name them all! I wait untill they have a gender to name them though. I give most of them 'guardian' names (I am writing a book and the characters are dragons called guardians. The have two word names and they are both caps. An example is StarSea... or ThunderHeart) and then some are prophecy like names like 'Dust of Hope's Courage' and 'Sign of golden warrior to come'. I love naming! So much fun and then when people want to ask for an egg, they can say the names instead of saying the 'guardian and pink please' because I have three guardians and two pinks.

All my adults are named tongue.gif

I try to name dragons as soon as they gender, unless there's a name that just hits me and i want to name it after that. I used to name some dragons with an ending so i know they are caveborn when i breed, but now i like to have a name without the ending tongue.gif I try to make sure that there is no inbreeding though, by putting X after the name so that i remember, of some dragons that dont have the x, since they were gifts, so it feels a little mean to do that >:

i yust stardet but i try to neme them all

"flutsch" is the first corse i saw in the wikia that male and female look the same

by the others I am weating for looking if its a boy or girl

All my dragons have lost their names, as I was offline a few months ago. But now they are all happy again with their new names and I try to name them as soon as they hatch.

I name all of my dragons right after they gender smile.gif Don´t want to leave them unnamend

I give all my dragons Elven names. They all share a same last name Aleanathem. Which in elvish means "The noble line of the dragon". It makes naming my dragons easier because not many players on here use elvish names for there dragons so 99% of the time I get the name I want to use.

I had all of mine named with lovely, beautiful and often very rare names, each with a special meaning in mind, but then i forced myself to leave DC, and all of them got erased. Now that I figured i might like this game again, I'm stuck with i-know-you-had-this-brilliant-name-but-i-can't-remember all around. they even had their own place in my storyline. i'd give everything to have them back. :S

Edit: what really bites is that i had started my own special lineage with specific names, but i can't remember them, cos now they're all messed up. :/

Edited by cherry2

I have named most except for the oens that grow up before i get them anemd and 1 whos code i like for some reason