Evilminion

Names, names, everywhere!

How many of your dragons have you named?  

565 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I name and describe all of my dragons. I have a specific theme to naming, and don't vary far from it. I often look back at the lineage in order to put together a name.

more than half of mine are not named. procrastination FTW!

I name all my dragons, but a few are in the "name pending" status. One electric has been like that for a while. I only name them when I look at the picture and instantly have a name for them. Either that or I try some things if my first option fails. If neither tactic works...they have to wait for a name :3

I usually go through naming sprees: when I feel like naming my dragons, I go to my scroll and start naming.

All of mine are named, with the exception of two hatchies who have yet to gender. Once they do, I will name them.

I try to name them either after their parents if a lineaged dragon, or something related to their type if a CB.

I'm lagging ab bit behind, but I try to name the whole bunch. I made up naming schemes for most breeds, but I haven't figured out a scheme for the new ones yet, except for the Sunsongs. And I found a horse dragon on my scroll that isn't named by now, but grown up for ages. Have to think about a name now.

I try to name all of them eventually, but it's hard to be inspired sometimes.

I've named probably around half my adults. I haven't named some, mostly because I haven't thought of a good prefix/suffix for that breed, or they aren't anything special to me. There are a few that are in specific lineage projects that won't be named for a while, and I haven't gotten around to naming some of my latest vamps.

I joined this game so I could name things, first and foremost. I name them as soon as they've hatched, before they can gender.

I name all of mine. I mix different names around to give them their name. And I try to keep it short. tongue.gif

I have a few unnamed though. Waiting on other Dragons to name them.

Edited by DarkEon

I tend to name them as soon as they have gendered and have a list of possible names. There have been a few occasions whereby they have matured before I name them, but that's rare.

Having said that, there is one time I wait until they have grown up and that is for CB seasonal dragons where I want to have two breeding pairs per season. When I get my first two and influence them I try them out with breeding before I name them, just in case they hate one another. If that's the case (and it hasn't been thus far with them) I'd have to wait until I'd got my next two and then try breeding them with the first two and hope they don't hate one another, before I name them.

My dragons all have surnames as well as my 'stable' name and for the seasonal it's important that my breeding pairs have the same surnames.

I love naming my dragons.

I name all my dragons, but a few are in the "name pending" status. One electric has been like that for a while. I only name them when I look at the picture and instantly have a name for them. Either that or I try some things if my first option fails. If neither tactic works...they have to wait for a name :3

I usually go through naming sprees: when I feel like naming my dragons, I go to my scroll and start naming.

Hah! Same!

I have a red that's been name pending for a while, as I want something that matches his 'mate'. Then there's 'Ep1c' . I have no idea what to call that one that's well, epic enough!

Except my 'instant-names' are getting fewer and the naming sprees more common xd.png

Edited by kanaylle

All of my Dragons are named tongue.gif

although it can take a Day or more till i decide on a Name for particular Dragons.

All mine are named, I name mine as soon as they gender. My female vampires names all start with one word and the males with another.

I've finally renamed all of mine after a hiatus which left most of them nameless... When I'm in doubt I just use their code with a few added letters,un-named dragons irk me,especially if I plan to breed them.

I name all of mine as soon as I know their gender.

I try to stick with names that fit special character traits, and all of them are Old-Norse inspired. Though, I don't really know Old Norse, I just cut and paste from already existing names that I DO know the meaning of, and hope that someone who is more knowledgeable in the language won't see it and laugh their heads off. I know I made at least one unintentional mistake that made the name more feminine-sounding despite it being a male.

Oh, I enjoy giving them names, but I long hit a point where I couldn't name everything immediately and maintain personal standards :'P

Nowadays, if a dragon is either frozen/unbreedable/inbred, I name him/her immediately. For the dragons for breeding, I name once I create a permanent pair, which is usually three or so eggs within the same pair and little history of "no interest" - the perpetual breeding bane. Even if that's fulfilled, I also need to find a suitable pair of matched names; most of my dragons have either real-word, short fantasy-ish, or idioms/phrases as names, so it may take a while to get untaken names.

Every single pair on my scroll is either holiday x common, trio x common, or metallic x common, which leads to a bunch of commons that won't get named for months, perhaps a year, while they lack mates :V

I love naming them! So that's why i name themusually as soon as they gender. At the moment i have few unnamed adults because i'm not home and i want to think a second or two for perfect names wink.gif

All my gendered are unnamed too, because i have a perfect naming theme for them and i don't want it to be ruined.

I name them all. Rarely does a dragon on my scroll grow up without a name, and even then I'll quickly find a name for it. If i can't think of a name that doesn't matter which gender it is, I'll wait 'til the hatchling genders.

I can't understand anyone who would take the attitude of the last choice of the poll. I mean, really, if that's the person's attitude, why collect something that doesn't exist? lol

I normally named them a day or 2 after they are grown.....just so that I can take my time about it.

laugh.gif

Once I have named them, I also have to write descriptions for them, so if I am feeling lazy or have writer's block, they stay nameless for a while.

I do aim to have them all named and described though.

Nearly all my dragons are named, and the few who aren't are usually waiting to be named as part of a breeding project. I don't want to name two dragons as a pair, then find out they hate each other! I already have a couple of "pairs" like that, and I don't want any more. I'm too scatty to have a naming scheme for my whole scroll, but I often have breed-specific prefixes or suffixes, like Keltic for Dorsals, Sanguino(a) for Vampires and SunScale for Sunsongs (when I have more than one hatched!). My breeding projects usually have a naming scheme too. My names come from anywhere and everywhere; some are serious, some are utterly ridiculous!

I try to name them all but I'm behind a lot since I want them to have nice names, which require a burst of creative syllable work from me. Special event dragons are the hardest and that's why so many of them are still unnamed on my scroll.

I eventually name all of my dragons. Those few who haven't been named yet are either waiting for me to have some inspiration, or I'm comming up with an epic liniage name for them ... wink.gif