TJ09

State of the Cave - 03/28/10

The summoned hatchling looks like a purple niffler from Harry Potter (my son is the one who pointed that out to me).

It looks kind of like that image, but that's not what a Niffler is supposed to look like, if I remember right...

I thought they were rounder, almost mole-like with longer, silky black fur. /offtopic-fanrant

So happy! My summoned hatched this morning - can't wait to see what the little worm looks like when (if) it genders - and then I wonder what the adult looks like???

Still wondering when Mod Mayhem is going to take place - I am going to become scroll locked in the next day or so - then I will clear everything up - so I hope the release will happen on the weekend.

Since the egg could be influenced, I'm guessing they will have genders.

Breeding ability will have to be determined when we get some adults. Hope they don't have dimorphic sprites though. I like keeping a frozen hatchling. :3

The summoned hatchling looks like a purple niffler from Harry Potter (my son is the one who pointed that out to me).

omg i totally forgot about nifflers!

and they do!

xd.png

Aww ok. For a second there I thought the slate of the cave topic was reopened xd.png

Thanx for the news TJ. And thank you for the new BSA! smile.gif

Has the glitch with the purple hatchling sprites been reported?? Who do I PM about it? I have a s1 purple hatching with the male s2 sprite.

yeah... The Glitch has been talked about before. TJ will know and fix it as soon as he can.

Haha no way. Besides, if they were uncommon, they would become even more rare now because of BSA. XP

I've only seen one elemental on the AP in my entire life.

I see one on the AP on most days!

And I don't think they'll become rarer - I myself managed to breed a thunder and a magma yesterday and abandoned both of them in the hopes they'd go to someone without. I checked just now and was thrilled to discover that they were both snatched by users who had no trios at all. happy.gif

Edit: Abandoned my first ever vamp bite for good measure. happy.gif

Edited by EpicFailOnline

At least it wasn't the Suggestion forums... That would be a huge lose of sprites...

Now you just need to re-do the Donation Meter, the 03/27 news and the moderation applications again and I'm done.

Or you could get from Google Cache.

Edited by caramba2654

At least it wasn't the Suggestion forums... That would be a huge lose of sprites...

holy c**p, that would have been utter pandemonium! But at the same time if would have been kinda funny to sit back ad watch everybody freak out.

Edited by WestWindReborn

I don't think anyone has had one of the new summoned dragons long enough to get gender yet. Keep your eyes peeled though I'm sure within the next couple of days...

I'm starting to think we won't see any more updates until April 1st... or maybe not.

Since the egg could be influenced, I'm guessing they will have genders.

Breeding ability will have to be determined when we get some adults. Hope they don't have dimorphic sprites though. I like keeping a frozen hatchling. :3

I hope so too. It would be really unfair to have a diffrent male and female sprite and to only be allowed to get 2 of the dragon... that way you'd never be able to freeze a hatchie and have both adults. I think rare ones like that (and holidays) that are restricted in amounts you can have should be the same sprite (not like the drama fest we had at christmas with the '09 sprites)

Walking the fine line to get my Summon to gender without killing it... hasn't been sick at least. :3

o.O Wow. That's a hell of a bug!

Cyber-termite?

and i wish i had an idea of when new eggs where coming out... I'm still collecting hatchies for freezing that I could be growing... but i don't want to miss the eggs!

*wishes the release would happen soon* @_@