Pink

Description block.

http://dragcave.net/view/n/Willows%20Jora

one of my only vamps without a description, I cant think of anything lately

I kind of think of him as a spy

Perhaps he could be a vampiric spy undercover in the world of humans (or dragons) attempting to bring in a certain person (or dragon) for conversion to vampirism?

Perhaps he could be a spy on a vital mission on which his normal drinking habits would ruin his cover?

Perhaps he could be a exceptionally testy spy whose disdain for his small size makes him apt to snap at his partners and hence makes him hard to work with?

Maybe you could incorporate all three?

That would be fun if you could manage to keep it under 1000 words.

Well, maybe he's kind of serious about his cheer-spreading, seeing it as a responsibility that he needs to fulfill with gentle care. Maybe he doesn't entirely understand why it's his responsibility, outside of his breed, but it is -- it's just innate to him. He may consider it even an unimportant responsibility -- it's a month, at most, of being useful. But it's his, and he's decided to take it as seriously.

Take what you like, leave what you don't. I tried to come up with an idea that counterminded cheer but avoids arrogance -- a guy working hard at an unimportant job because it's his job is a good balance, I think.

He'll be one very unusual dragon considering the rest of my clan, whom are as quirky as possible without converging on fully insane smile.gif Thank you for the idea; I'll see if I can write that up!

Edited by kadoatie

I B STEALIN UR PRINCESS has a personality now... sorta.

Take a look:

I B STEALIN UR PRINCESS is an avid and chronic blackmailer. You see, he's quite fond of gold and other shiny things, and he has to have a way to feed his addiction.

He discovered that when a large red dragon enters a castle and shouts "I BE STEALING YOUR PRINCESS!" and then demands gold, they usually get what they ask for.

So, he decided to change his name to this for easier usage. This allows him to simply say hi and his name to get what he wants. However, being as he is an uneducated dragon he only managed to spell about half the words in his name right.

Most people don't notice. Most of them are usually much more concerned about the size of his teeth and claws.

I'll probably get some comments on the grammar, but that's basically what I came up with.

Thanks guys!

I could use some help with my yulebucks, Fear-Not and Makepeace.

Fear-Not's name came from Linus's soliloquy in A Charlie Brown Christmas, which is in turn lifted directly from the Gospel of Luke. I'd like to find a way of acknowledging this without going too heavy on religious themes. :/

Makepeace's name didn't come from anywhere in particular, but it does still have a weighted meaning, and I really don't want to do anything overly preachy. I'd also like the two of them to seem like they'd mesh well together, as they're brothers.

The descriptions I've done so far have been pretty straightforward little third-person blurbs with insights into the general nature of the dragon in question. With these I don't really know how to go about it; there's so much caught up in the meanings of the names and of Christmas itself. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Hahaha I love you guys xd.png

* Abstain: There's no such word as "spelt" unless you're talking about a type of bread. It's spelled. Otherwise, I like this.~

* Abstain: Cute xd.png One error though, 'spelt' should be 'spelled'. - Dr. P

* Accept: I like this - a very creative explanation for a typo. Mathcat, who once mispelled a name, and didn't realize it until months later.

* Accept: Only thing is "spelt" could be "spelled", but I believe that's british english, no? And...Would she also hate z's? If you tilt it 90 degrees it would become an "n". I'm VERY curious. :/

x: Now to go fix that typo.

*cough*

Wrong thread.

This thread is for ideas.

*Pokes description comments thread*

I believe that's the thread you want.

*cough*

Wrong thread.

This thread is for ideas.

*Pokes description comments thread*

I believe that's the thread you want.

SORRY. x; Mixed the threads up. -runs to delete/repost-

I could use some help with my yulebucks, Fear-Not and Makepeace.

Fear-Not's name came from Linus's soliloquy in A Charlie Brown Christmas, which is in turn lifted directly from the Gospel of Luke. I'd like to find a way of acknowledging this without going too heavy on religious themes. :/

Makepeace's name didn't come from anywhere in particular, but it does still have a weighted meaning, and I really don't want to do anything overly preachy. I'd also like the two of them to seem like they'd mesh well together, as they're brothers.

The descriptions I've done so far have been pretty straightforward little third-person blurbs with insights into the general nature of the dragon in question. With these I don't really know how to go about it; there's so much caught up in the meanings of the names and of Christmas itself. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Hmm...Well, for Fear-Not, maybe make him Linus-y. That way, you could pay homage and acknowledge the reference, without drowning in its religious elements. Maybe, in that light, the way he does his Yulebuck christmas-spirit-spreading thing is by making elaborate, slightly melancholy speeches about the meaning and origins of christmas. And ensuring sad little trees get a little love.

For Makepeace...I dunno. Yulebucks have (to me) a kind of boring description to work from or around. So ask yourself some questions about Makepiece's individual relationship to the idea of Christmas Cheer, I suppose.

I need help! I haven't written descriptions since my mid-winter CBs grew up. sad.gif

Many.

PrehistoricRazor knows he is different. He loves to eats grubs and roses, which the others shun and walks on two legs with ease. He likes to run, and his speed only rivals that of StrikeForce. As a result, they usually race together and are the best of friends. He likes to cradle dragon eggs and is a great help when it comes to bedtime.

Now I can't write a single thing.

Read the first post. Pick out the dragons you specifically want us to work with, and what sort of things you want/don't want.

Hmm...Well, for Fear-Not, maybe make him Linus-y. That way, you could pay homage and acknowledge the reference, without drowning in its religious elements. Maybe, in that light, the way he does his Yulebuck christmas-spirit-spreading thing is by making elaborate, slightly melancholy speeches about the meaning and origins of christmas. And ensuring sad little trees get a little love.

For Makepeace...I dunno. Yulebucks have (to me) a kind of boring description to work from or around. So ask yourself some questions about Makepiece's individual relationship to the idea of Christmas Cheer, I suppose.

Thanks, d3m3. Fear-Not being Linus-y will work pretty well, I think. smile.gif

I seem to imagine for Internet Chomper a dragon surreptitiously, afraid of getting caught, eating the internet...He knows if he gets caught he'll be punished for causing lag, but he is full of daring!

...Then again, that breaks setting. But a name like that...Maybe he's heard of the internet through prophecy, and is putting all of his frill and fire into finding it and chomping it!

...Yeah, it's a stretch.

As for Golden Brynhildr, what sort of things did you have in mind for her?

I seem to imagine for Internet Chomper a dragon surreptitiously, afraid of getting caught, eating the internet...He knows if he gets caught he'll be punished for causing lag, but he is full of daring!

...Then again, that breaks setting. But a name like that...Maybe he's heard of the internet through prophecy, and is putting all of his frill and fire into finding it and chomping it!

...Yeah, it's a stretch.

As for Golden Brynhildr, what sort of things did you have in mind for her?

Or maybe it could be a disruption of information sharing in general (like eating mail/scrolls/books)? I've got a dragon named 'I eated you server', who was named just 2 hours before the Datamonster attacks... and he is described accordingly xd.png

Well, I'm stumped about something. An element of my dragons' descriptions is that I want to focus on their relationship with another dragon on my scroll...But for at least one of them, I'm stumped.

http://dragcave.net/view/n/Geflimmer

Here's her description thusfar:

"Geflimmer's outside is quiet and unemotional -- neither shy nor welcoming, but rather standing aside coldly. However, there’s a little delicate tenderness lying beneath, hidden like seeds beneath the snow – a little sad smile here, a delicate gesture there. She loves to make carvings of ice to place around her dwelling."

So, I need to come up with some sort of relationship -- a rivalry, a friendship, an uneasy understanding, a crush/romance (one-sided or two-sided) with another dragon on my scroll (link's in my signature.) However, there are a few dragons who would not be available for a romantic connection, and the reasons why:

Alucinor (I've decided he's not mating)

Apollodoros (Likewise)

Amandeep Anastasios (again, same deal)

and Egon (since I have plans for him with another one of my girls).

You can also suggest a breed and gender of dragon that you think would be an interesting relationship with her in the future.

Well, I'm stumped about something. An element of my dragons' descriptions is that I want to focus on their relationship with another dragon on my scroll...But for at least one of them, I'm stumped.

http://dragcave.net/view/n/Geflimmer

Here's her description thusfar:

"Geflimmer's outside is quiet and unemotional -- neither shy nor welcoming, but rather standing aside coldly. However, there’s a little delicate tenderness lying beneath, hidden like seeds beneath the snow – a little sad smile here, a delicate gesture there. She loves to make carvings of ice to place around her dwelling."

So, I need to come up with some sort of relationship -- a rivalry, a friendship, an uneasy understanding, a crush/romance (one-sided or two-sided) with another dragon on my scroll (link's in my signature.) However, there are a few dragons who would not be available for a romantic connection, and the reasons why:

Alucinor (I've decided he's not mating)

Apollodoros (Likewise)

Amandeep Anastasios (again, same deal)

and Egon (since I have plans for him with another one of my girls).

You can also suggest a breed and gender of dragon that you think would be an interesting relationship with her in the future.

From your description so far, I think a geode would be a nice metaphorical match. An uneasy understanding, I suppose, because one has the plain outside, beautiful interior as an emotional state, and the other as a physical manifestation.

Sorry, I'm out of thoughts otherwise. Most of the time other dragons get pulled into my description as I write it; I don't plan them out beforehand, and the connections grow rather organically.

---

I have a pink sweetling adult named Completion. Have no idea what to do with this one - I already wrote a baww description for my frozen Heartsick, and don't want to write something too saccharine for the adult. Any ideas? n__n

From your description so far, I think a geode would be a nice metaphorical match. An uneasy understanding, I suppose, because one has the plain outside, beautiful interior as an emotional state, and the other as a physical manifestation.

Sorry, I'm out of thoughts otherwise. Most of the time other dragons get pulled into my description as I write it; I don't plan them out beforehand, and the connections grow rather organically.

---

I have a pink sweetling adult named Completion. Have no idea what to do with this one - I already wrote a baww description for my frozen Heartsick, and don't want to write something too saccharine for the adult. Any ideas? n__n

Well, if you want to go for the "Complete" look to your set, I'd try to make it a "spicy" personality.

Sugary + Spicy = A well rounded pair of Valentines.

That's all I have as far as ideas though.

Sorry if it didn't help much.

dry.gif

Ok, here's what I have so far:

Sparqie's dream and goal in life is to conquer and rule the land of Kokomo.

Late at night, cackling, evil laughter can be heard from his bedroom chamber within the cave. Huge, sprawling maps displaying sophisticated battle plans with the maneuverings of troops litter the walls and tables within his room as his bookshelves overflow with records of historical confrontations between foes.

Most of the dragons in his cave agree that Sparqie must have been dropped as an egg a few times too many. That or he has an unhealthy obsession with the Beach Boys.

I'm having problems coming up with an interesting personality to give him. At first I thought he would have an outward appearance of cunning, secretive and sly. But now that I think about it, a quieter, more docile appearance outside of his room would make him seem quirkier.

So I'm a little confused as what I should do.

Edited by Daydreamer09

I'm having problems coming up with an interesting personality to give him. At first I thought he would have an outward appearance of cunning, secretive and sly. But now that I think about it, a quieter, more docile appearance outside of his room would make him seem quirkier.

So I'm a little confused as what I should do.

My inclination would be to go meek and/or nerdy. Maybe he has a strange tic that makes the other dragons look at him funny? Maybe he just doesn't talk to anyone at all? Maybe if he does speak, he has a tiny little voice?

My inclination would be to go meek and/or nerdy. Maybe he has a strange tic that makes the other dragons look at him funny? Maybe he just doesn't talk to anyone at all? Maybe if he does speak, he has a tiny little voice?

What would a "tic" be? Would a strange eye twitching be one?:/

What would a "tic" be? Would a strange eye twitching be one?:/

An eye twitch would be a tic, yes. I kind of imagined a jerky little head-tilt, personally.

Sorry, this is what happens when you mess up your tabs.

I want to help come up with something for Head meets desk, but it'll have to wait a few hours.

I'm being dragged out the door in about 2 minutes so I can't do it just yet.

Edited by Pink