Pink

Description block.

Yes, I'm double posting, but I'm guessing that's okay since this thread hasn't been posted in for over a month.

I'm usually pretty good at coming up with stories for all of my dragons, even if it takes a while, but I've got one who's stumping me. I know in general what I want to do, but it's the specifics that are giving me trouble.

The dragon in question is Zyggas, a male autumn. All I know about him is that his mind works in different ways than most other dragons, and that he tends to come up with very convoluted solutions to simple problems. I'd like to give an example or two of this, but I'm having trouble coming up with any. If he were human, he'd be the sort where, when you asked him for the time, he'd calculate length of shadow in relation to time of year, and probably perform several other calculations related to determining time, instead of just looking at his watch, or he'd be building elaborate machines to perform simple tasks like turning off a light. I'm not sure what examples would work for a dragon, though. If it helps, he's a member of Flowernest Weyr, which means no interaction with humans and no major conflicts.

Huzzah! I found this thread! Buried under a month's worth of other threads xd.png

Lorax was born with the unique ability to understand and speak with forests. According to her, the rustling of trees is their way of communication. As a hatchling, no one believed her ramblings. One day, she cried out to her cavemates, in tears and desperation that the trees of the forest were in pain and dying. But it fell on everyone's deaf ears. It was not until a year later, that they noticed something was terribly wrong. Long before the dormancy of fall, leaves were discoloring and falling.

I need help deciding what to do with this. I want it to reflect Dr. Seuss' The Lorax, but I'm having a difficult time thinking of 1. What's causing the problem with the trees and 2. how it'll be fixed. Lorax is suppose to end up saving the day and prove her special ability is real and that she is a valuable member of her cave.

Edited by Daydreamer09

Great minds think alike - I was going to post something in this thread today too.

Here are my thoughts for Lorax (congratulations on getting the name, by the way). I imagine the cause as being most likely pollution/poison (magical or otherwise) caused by humans. Saving the day should be straightforward - just a matter of Lorax confronting the humans. I know that if something the size of a terrae came up to me and told me to stop polluting or else, I'd stop. That covers saving the day and being a valuable member of the cave, and could cover proving her ability is real if the trees tell her who has been hurting them. Does this help?

Since I'm here, I might as well post about Urvalo. Urvalo is one of my many pygmy dragons - I have about 90% of a description for him, but just need the last little bit. He lives in Dragontown (a standard fantasy medieval town), and performs various jobs as needed for humans. If someone needs mice taken care of, they find a willing Pygmy Mouser. If they need a message delivered, they hire a Pygmy Courier. Urvalo handles everything else - but I'm not sure what "everything else" would be. I've come up with "retrieving earrings that have rolled under wardrobes" as a possible job, but that's about it. For what reason would a human hire a pygmy dragon? Any suggestions?

Yes, thank you ^^ I hadn't thought of the cause being an outside source from the cave.

Well, along with retrieving earrings under wardrobes, pygmies can get into small and tight places, making them great as spies! 8D

So reconnaissance work?

Thanks - I can definitely use that. Funny - I suggested pygmy spies for an RP once, but I never thought of using that idea in Dragontown.

Well, I couldn't find it... xP

One at a time; I'd like help with my Black dragons.

Starting with Perishsong ^^ Perishsong is a male Black dragon. All I know is that he sings a song that makes others faint. *pokes the Pokemon move Perish Song*

Here's an idea (though it will certainly need some expanding).

He's renowed as a warrior because of his battle cry. Because of (most likely false) rumors of his song killing other dragons, he is widely shunned, with few exceptions (maybe describe one).

How does having this ability make him feel? Does he welcome it? Hate it? What sort of dragons would choose to associate with him?

I hope this helps.

Here's an idea (though it will certainly need some expanding).

He's renowed as a warrior because of his battle cry. Because of (most likely false) rumors of his song killing other dragons, he is widely shunned, with few exceptions (maybe describe one).

How does having this ability make him feel? Does he welcome it? Hate it? What sort of dragons would choose to associate with him?

I hope this helps.

I'll try and do something with that. ^^ Thanks!

Alright, I have some block on one... Poisoned Dove.

Male BBW, and I do not want any references to doves or such- he was just named for the BBW's toxicity and Dovealove x3

As for the House one... well, Whites are healers, so you can certainly keep that in. For the actual House's personality, I'd say keep the most important- the sarcasm (it's never said Whites can't be sarcastic and cynical, is it?) and his ability to diagnose almost anything.

Maybe...

"While he is a healer, like most White dragons, Dr. House MD will rarely do it cheerfully. He doesn't heal or the sake of making others better, his true love is figuring out the symptoms and solving the puzzle- helping someone is just a by-product of this." (Just a base, feel free to change it up as you wish.)

@Paine: Thanks for the tips (now I'm trying to figure out how to write the equivalent of misanthropy D:).

Poisoned Dove - Reference Dove heavily? I named a frill after Lyth and that's what I ended up doing.

@Paine: Thanks for the tips (now I'm trying to figure out how to write the equivalent of misanthropy D:).

Poisoned Dove - Reference Dove heavily? I named a frill after Lyth and that's what I ended up doing.

I'd rather not x3

The name does not and should not come into play in this description, at all x3

http://dragcave.net/lineage/Sigv Sudraba Karaliene, a female Silver-turned-Zombie. Halp.

She knows she was once beautiful, but because all she is now is a rotting corpse, she also knows she's fading away. She kinda...wanders, I guess, stuck without a purpose.

Edited by klinneah

http://dragcave.net/lineage/Sigv Sudraba Karaliene, a female Silver-turned-Zombie. Halp.

She knows she was once beautiful, but because all she is now is a rotting corpse, she also knows she's fading away. She kinda...wanders, I guess, stuck without a purpose.

That's easy.

When Sudraba looks at her reflection, all she sees is what she once was: Beautiful, loved and happy. That reality is long gone. Now she is nothing but a pile of rotting flesh. Nothing. Her "life" is fading further into oblivion by the day, but none of that matters, she died long ago with her beautiful, happy self.

Of course, you could embellish it quite a bit, but the general idea isn't hard to work in.

Edited by Pink

One I have been having trouble with for quite a while (almost... two weeks?) is a red male called "Thunder Bred".

I don't have a personality already laid out for him, but I wanted to base his description off his name.

Any ideas?

Ohjeez, I barely know where to start.

Well, the most frustrating cases i've had is of my Sweetling named "Hallo Elskan Min" and my Rosebud dragon named "Please Sir For Me Sir".

I've already referenced Hallo Elskan Min in two other descriptions, yet i'm finding it impossible to come up with anything to write about him, other than the small amount of information I gave about him in my Val, Love-Song's, description.

As for Please Sir For Me Sir... I have no ideas, other than that it should be based on her name or something.

>.<

Halp.

@Pinkie - Perhaps Thunder Bred wants to be like his Thunder mother in that he wishes to be so fearsome and mighty that his very roar is an omen of death? Perhaps he already is? Or maybe write something about his relationship with her - is it a loving relationship, or is it strained? Does he love her, or does he wish she wasn't his mother at all?

Hopefully I've given you something to kick-start your creative process.

@Switch - For Hallo Elskan Min, perhaps he became heartsick after Love-Song left him. How he expresses this, I have no idea.

Please Sir For Me Sir is always requesting favors.

Eep tiny bump.

I'm a little stuck with a purple that will be described as soon as it grows up. The hatchling will have been cared for by a red who loves glassblowing.

I'm stuck with my Skywing, Breezepelt. I'm trying to make a reference to Warriors, but I simply can't think of anything besides the basic personality: short-tempered, mean, and generally not a likable dragon.

And also my Rosebud, Rosalile. I have refered to her in Doomraga's description as being a vain narcissist, but other than that I'm stuck. I also want to include something about her breed's poor vision, but I dunno what.

Help...

@Pink- Maybe Thunder Bred was born into a colony of Thunders who think that Thunders are the best breed in the world and others are "unpure." And he's shunned, accepted only because of his parentage, but grudgingly, and others are always poking fun at him. He feels worthless and ridiculed, feeling he has to hide or maybe angry and loathes the leader of the colony, and plots his revenge, or maybe ashamed of who he is and decides to run away.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

I made it to a marker in my balloon collecting: 100 balloons! I wanna write a description to help celebrate, but I have absolutely no ideas. ._.

And also my Rosebud, Rosalile. I have refered to her in Doomraga's description as being a vain narcissist, but other than that I'm stuck. I also want to include something about her breed's poor vision, but I dunno what.

Maybe she's self-conscious about her bad vision and is a vain narcissist to hide that? Also, she's embarrassed about walking into a tree one time. The incident still haunts her. =p

That's a great idea, Sock! Thanks! Love the tree bit. xd.png

I made it to a marker in my balloon collecting: 100 balloons! I wanna write a description to help celebrate, but I have absolutely no ideas. ._.

Perhaps describe a bit of the background? Start off by saying that a maiden named Sock (or whatever name you use to refer to yourself) saw a Balloon dragon one day and decided that she loved the breed and thought they were cute/funny/graceful, whatever the reason you like them, and started to horde them for that reason. And she decided to throw a party to commemorate the hundredth member to her Balloon army, and 100 BALLOONS PARTAAAY was in the limelight, and she loved it and is forever trying to be the center of attention because it makes her feel so important. In attempt to grab others' attention, she goes around screaming, "100 BALLOONS! PARTAAAY!" Thus her name. What do you think?

Does anyone have any description ideas for a pack of frozen baby tinsels?

I am lost.

They are all unnamed and they stick together, if that's any help.

That's a great idea, Sock! Thanks! Love the tree bit. xd.png

Perhaps describe a bit of the background? Start off by saying that a maiden named Sock (or whatever name you use to refer to yourself) saw a Balloon dragon one day and decided that she loved the breed and thought they were cute/funny/graceful, whatever the reason you like them, and started to horde them for that reason. And she decided to throw a party to commemorate the hundredth member to her Balloon army, and 100 BALLOONS PARTAAAY was in the limelight, and she loved it and is forever trying to be the center of attention because it makes her feel so important. In attempt to grab others' attention, she goes around screaming, "100 BALLOONS! PARTAAAY!" Thus her name. What do you think?

Welcome. =p

Hmm, I may be able to work with that. =o

Thankies. o3o

I am lost.

Maybe they can be like a do-good gang or something? There were few others like them in the cave, which made them unhappy and lost. They found each other and were so overjoyed they decided to stick together and bring the same joy to others through good deeds/singing/stand up comedy/acrobatics/synchronized swimming/something.

I am lost.

I love the do-gooding idea! But if you don't fancy that.. Maybe they're a pack of naughty tinsels, who jealously guard their shiny scales. Whenever they spot something shiny, they group attack it with mud! Or, the other way around - they want to spread the shiny and are constantly polishing things - objects, eggs, hatchies - trying to make them shiny too!