Pink

Description block.

Does anyone have any description ideas for a pack of frozen baby tinsels?

I am lost.

They are all unnamed and they stick together, if that's any help.

What about a "seven dwarves" type thing? They're all friends, but each one has a little quirk. Maybe one argues about everything, or one is really vain, or one is always making excuses. That way each description would be similar, but not exactly the same. Just a thought.

While attempting to recreate the cast of The Muppet Show using dragons, I came up with ideas I liked, but couldn't use (as they didn't fit the characters). As a result, I decided to create a draconic theatrical group of my own (not a stretch for the time period - a patch of land outdoors for the stage, magi dragons for lighting/special effects, and certainly no shortage of creatively-minded dragons to think up stories and play roles) to make use of all these ideas.

I have most of the backstage stuff taken care of (costumes, props, lights, illusions, and so forth), but I have a definite shortage of dragon actors. What sort of roles might dragons choose to play (with an all-dragon cast, except for the occasional drake/wyvern/dino/etc.)? For that matter, what types of stories might they like to stage? Right now, I know I want a male lead, a female lead, and a villain, and that's about where I run out of ideas. Any suggestions?

One thing that I find to help is just listening to a good song, then extracting the mood I get from it (ex. angry, passive, etc.) Then I look through my scroll for a dragon that seems to fit that mood and name and/or describe it accordingly. Maybe it's just me, but it really helps things 'click', at least when it comes to setting up the basics of their personality.

One thing that I find to help is just listening to a good song, then extracting the mood I get from it (ex. angry, passive, etc.) Then I look through my scroll for a dragon that seems to fit that mood and name and/or describe it accordingly. Maybe it's just me, but it really helps things 'click', at least when it comes to setting up the basics of their personality.

That is the method I've been using when I am writing stories xd.png

Anyway, I wonder if there's a similar thread for "Name block"?

I'm not having trouble with a dragon in general, more like, I came up with a setting for my dragons and I'm trying to figure out a way to incorporate in it without going all super-writer and going over the 1k word limit. ><

Setting:

Mew Dragoe, young apprentice of the up and coming Wandering Wings Hatchery, has a special connection to the dragons of the large mill. While telepathy can only be heard by other dragons, Mew is somehow able to pick up on their thoughts.

Revealing her secret to them, the dragons allow her to take care of them with no resistance in exchange for a better life at the hatchery. But between vikings, rogue dragon fights, and plenty of other mythical creatures in the mix, life at Wandering Wings is anything but normal.

I'm guessing since descriptions are for actually describing the dragons, I'd just put their general personalities so I can keep track. Then maybe I can write the actual story elsewhere, like deviantart. laugh.gif

Edited by Wandering Mew

Trying to come up with something for her. Her mate's description was approved just yesterday.

I'm not having trouble with a dragon in general, more like, I came up with a setting for my dragons and I'm trying to figure out a way to incorporate in it without going all super-writer and going over the 1k word limit. ><

Setting:

Mew Dragoe, young apprentice of the up and coming Wandering Wings Hatchery, has a special connection to the dragons of the large mill. While telepathy can only be heard by other dragons, Mew is somehow able to pick up on their thoughts.

Revealing her secret to them, the dragons allow her to take care of them with no resistance in exchange for a better life at the hatchery. But between vikings, rogue dragon fights, and plenty of other mythical creatures in the mix, life at Wandering Wings is anything but normal.

I'm guessing since descriptions are for actually describing the dragons, I'd just put their general personalities so I can keep track. Then maybe I can write the actual story elsewhere, like deviantart.  laugh.gif

I actually have a dragon with that exact "disorder" if you will. The way I put it was that it put a lot of strain on the dragon to constantly be aware of everyone else's lives and worries to boot that she was overwhelmed and unable to live her own life. Instead she sought comfort far, far away from all other dragons where she could be alone in her own mind--- in the sky (the dragon was a Swallowtail).

However, that's just how I went with the idea. You could, perhaps, make her a psychologist of sorts: a peacemaker who's always trying to help out. The type who's only happy when everyone else is. Or maybe she uses her abilities for evil and spies on the others at the hatchery. Maybe she's not evil, and only spies on troublemakers and criminals for the sake of justice. Or she could just spy out of pure curiosity and the sake of good gossip.

Trying to come up with something for her. Her mate's description was approved just yesterday.

Sounds like you already have something there. In Braise's description you mention Brasa is loving and patient. Maybe she is the only one Braise will let near his work, but rarely helps because one can only be too patient. Or she's actually really impatient to everyone but Braise out of love. Or, on a darker note, she only loves Braise for the beautiful things he sells and the money (gold?) he brings home.

Okay, my turn. I need help with my Guardian of Nature. I want her to be sort of the guardian of my RP cave, but I already have a regular Guardian to do that. I've always imagined GoNs to be distant and protective (duh) but not sure what to do with that. Also, I've had this idea banging around in my head for a while of a dragon who is appears modest on the outside but is inwardly very prideful and often subtly fishes for compliments on things... Except I'm not sure if that would fit for this dragon. Not in love with the name, either... This dragon's giving me all sorts of trouble.

@Hawktalon: I can't say that I'm particularly creative, but I'll give this a try. The common Guardian could still be the primary guardian of the cave, but the GoN watches from afar. Maybe she lives on a mountain peak or something (I don't know what your RP setting is like) and only appears when she sees danger. Then, she defends the clan with her powers (see breed descrip). So, she's sort of a mysterious legend for your clan.

And maybe you could fit in that idea 'banging around in your head'. She stays away from the clan and doesn't show off unnecessarily, but when she does appear she tries to make a statement. She doesn't ask for rewards for being their defender, but the reason she does so is because she wants the dragons to be impressed by her and in awe of her mystery.

The biggest problem is preventing her from coming across as a Mary Sue...

@Hawktalon: I can't say that I'm particularly creative, but I'll give this a try. The common Guardian could still be the primary guardian of the cave, but the GoN watches from afar. Maybe she lives on a mountain peak or something (I don't know what your RP setting is like) and only appears when she sees danger. Then, she defends the clan with her powers (see breed descrip). So, she's sort of a mysterious legend for your clan.

And maybe you could fit in that idea 'banging around in your head'. She stays away from the clan and doesn't show off unnecessarily, but when she does appear she tries to make a statement. She doesn't ask for rewards for being their defender, but the reason she does so is because she wants the dragons to be impressed by her and in awe of her mystery.

The biggest problem is preventing her from coming across as a Mary Sue...

Thanks. That helped a lot. wink.gif

What about a "seven dwarves" type thing? They're all friends, but each one has a little quirk. Maybe one argues about everything, or one is really vain, or one is always making excuses. That way each description would be similar, but not exactly the same. Just a thought.

Actually, that may help.

I still need to name them first, however, and THEN I can write them descriptions. tongue.gif

Thank you.