RheaZen

Grammar, Spelling, and Fonts

The space key hates me.

One out of 3 times Ill write the sentence above as:

"The space key hate sme"

Or:

"The space ke yhates me."

I'm working on resolving that problem. It is quite annoying.

I have meh grammar. I use commas way too much, some mistakes, some abbrevations and chatspeak used. I know the grammar rules and such, but I type too fast to get 100% good grammar. Don't get into typos, I make so many of those xd.png. I use better grammar than a lot of people on the internet, including some of my friends IRL. I have a bit of Grammar Nazi in me, very little, but it's shown up before.

Also, Google, I love that .gif.

Edited by scratcher_cat

*Twitch*

No apostrophe. No. Doesn't matter that it ends in a vowel, you don't use an apostrophe for plurals!

An inability to use basic SPAG is not genetic. It is down to personal ability/intelligence/laziness and effectiveness of teachings methods.

It may be that because your family uses poor grammar, you too have picked up their bad habits - but such habits can be broken using appropriate methods.

I was just kidding about that part. Sorry. >.<

Peer-editing is a pain for me because I'm always worried that they'll blow up at me for pointing out all the mistakes they made in RED pen.

...Yeah I don't know.

I prefer green pen when peer-editing or doing personal notes. I use blue for teacher-related stuff/more formal stuff (it just looks good). I rarely use red.

I shorten my words a lot (and misspell a fair bit too). It's not that I do it on purpose or anything I just type over 100 wpm and sometimes words get stuck together and the like. I can sometimes be comma happy too and get certain words mixed up.

Like 'too' and 'to' or 'then' and 'than' or 'you're' and 'your' (yeah I've gotten 'em mixed up a bit here and there)

I have lots of people tell me the right way to say thank you to someone is;

"You're Welcome!"

And then there's;

"Your Welcome!"

You'd figure after a good few years of saying it one way a new way that someone considers the 'right way' shouldn't make a big difference... but it does anyway.

I'm not big on 'punctuation' either as all those things can annoy me but when I wanna be serious I'll use 'em where needed.

And who says 'ain't' isn't a word?!?! *shot*

And who says 'ain't' isn't a word?!?! *shot*

"ain't" =/= "are not"/"aren't"

But I like to use "ain't" all the time.

"ain't" =/= "are not"/"aren't"

But I like to use "ain't" all the time.

Oh I know. But I constantly get told it's not a word. I like to use it all the time myself, I just dislike when people look at me and say it's not a word.

Well, censorkip.gif me.

D:

Censorkipz isn't in the dictionary either.

Speaking of which, this 'new' laptop doesn't have the spellcheck on. *asks Amerylis*

I LOVE AIN'T!

Then again, I would totally be at least half a Southern Belle if I could. >w>

But yeah. I say "ain't" and "y'all" all the time. :D

I don't use "ain't" all that much, but I use "ya'll" every now and then.

And I have a funny pronunciation of things/accent. We have a place called "Tinton Falls" near me, and everyone who lives around here says "tin-nn," we completely disregard the second "t." When people from the city (New York) come around, they'll ask something, and we'll reply "Around Tin-nn Falls." Gets them so messed up every time.

Anyone else pronounce anything funny?

it pisses me off sometimes but i shouldnt really be saying anything because i suck at spelling and things...but then again i make minor mistakes unlike people who actually write out essays in texting spelling

In an English essay, does one write out fractions in words or write the fraction as a number?

There is one-third of an apple left.

or

There is 1/3 of an apple left.

I would think writing it out in words would be more formal.