RheaZen

Grammar, Spelling, and Fonts

Well, when TJ comes to a topic, I think it's probably pretty serious.

(almost put "srs bsns", but decided against it, given the nature of the thread...)

Well, don't heart the flame, and the flame won't won't heat up. Don't light a fire if you don't want to be warm.

Sin, I like you. I just don't like your posts.

Grammar police ahoy!

-Sighs- Hello.

I do not fear you. You cannot abuse me into respect. You must prove yourself. Making a site isn't that hard, and i am a mod on two forums, and an admin on one.

They are Zoo Tycoon 2 sites.

Bleah, stupid contacts.

LOL, TROLL

^^ You forgot to capitalize your 'I'.

Well, when TJ comes to a topic, I think it's probably pretty serious.

(almost put "srs bsns", but decided against it, given the nature of the thread...)

Actually, someone told him about it in a chatroom. Not the official DC room, though, I don't want to advertise it though. :x

Adults seem to be irksome, because they can't see the values kids can see. :3

Not all of them, and this is coming from a girl who just turned 13 no more than a few weeks ago.

Your options drop every time your rude, and my value of your opinion drops to.

a. There are grammar errors there.

b. She wasn't being rude.

c. What "options?"

Mmm... Perhaps you should value the others' here who enjoy poems, and who enjoy life. Maybe you hould.. Crtizie someone else. I was trying to prove a point. Adults seem to be irksome, because they can't see the values kids can see. :3

I do not hate you, Sin, You just need to understand I am not valued much. Your options drop every time your rude, and my value of your opinion drops to.

Do not make enemies where none should stand.

I'm hardly an adult, I'm seventeen. I was an arrogant, obnoxious twelve-year old just like you only five years ago.

I also have a deep, deep love of poetry. However, contrary to popular belief, randomly clustering words together with no sense of it does not make a poem. Poetry is like language unto itself which more intricately says what's said in regular language. It lets you feel the soul of something instead of just the meaning. But I can't stand poetry written by children; it's all the same over-the-top junk that at the time seems like the work of a genius.

I'm not too concerned about your opinion of me, either, considering you already explained that my opinion doesn't matter to you. What, do you expect to LABEL YOURSELF as smug and have people bow down and lick your feet?

Well, don't heart the flame, and the flame won't won't heat up. Don't light a fire if you don't want to be warm.

Grammar police ahoy!

Well, don't heart[?] the flame, and the flame won't won't heat up[lolwut]. Don't light a fire if you don't want to be warm.

Sin, I like you. I just don't like your posts. [The grammar, or the opinions? If it's the opinions - as it seems to be - then you can't possibly like the person, as you don't know what 7D$ is like otherwise. All you have to base your impression of 7D$ on is her posts, and, well... you don't like her posts.]

Grammar police ahoy!

I try to use proper spelling and grammar as often as possible. That being said, I don't use it all the time. There are times when I will revert to some chatspeak/meme. For the most part, I pay attention to my grammar and spelling.

i dnt wlk arnd tlkng lk ths do i?

I would much rather type like this. :$

I'll say "Ohai" or "inb4hi" or "plz2---" occasionally, but I know a lot of people do.

To relate more to the current issue at hand, I shall speak some ...of my useless words.

--

Making a site isn't that hard, and I am a mod on two forums, and an admin on one.

And as SC so kindly put, how big are said forums? Small, tiny ones with no one on them? Or large, cultivated ones, like our own?

Grammar police ahoy!

"won't won't"? Ohmai, a double negative.

I'm hardly an adult, I'm seventeen. I was an arrogant, obnoxious twelve-year old just like you only five years ago.

I also have a deep, deep love of poetry. However, contrary to popular belief, randomly clustering words together with no sense of it does not make a poem. Poetry is like language unto itself which more intricately says what's said in regular language. It lets you feel the soul of something instead of just the meaning. But I can't stand poetry written by children; it's all the same over-the-top junk that at the time seems like the work of a genius.

I'm not too concerned about your opinion of me, either, considering you already explained that my opinion doesn't matter to you. What, do you expect to LABEL YOURSELF as smug and have people bow down and lick your feet?

Please don't label all poems by 12 year olds to be of poor quality. Most are, including the one posted in this thread, but I've seen some wonderful ones (9/10 suck IMO, sadly.)

Same, EternalSpring. My grammar isn't bad, but it's far from perfect. I see no need to use perfect grammar unless it's a super important thing like an aassignment.

Edited by scratcher_cat

Your options drop every time your rude, and my value of your opinion drops to.

O= Whose rude? Sin's rude? My rude? Or could it be YOUR rude?

I hardly expect people to do so- I was just saying to you, that you should think yourself wonderful, or perfect, as I that's what i do. I was having fun, and playing around. If you don't understand, you don't have to post.

One of my contacts feel out. Stop blaming me for my poor eyesight >>

I know what poetry is. And, I know how to write it- Well, in fact, a small thing you don't seem to get. I write story's. There good, easy to understand, and I enjoy doing it. You seem to see poetry as a task. It's not.

Please don't label all poems by 12 year olds to be of poor quality. Most are, including the one posted in this thread, but I've seen some wonderful ones (9/10 suck IMO, sadly.)

Same, EternalSpring. My grammar isn't bad, but it's far from perfect. I see no need to use perfect grammar unless it's a super important thing like an aassignment.

Please, show me.

If you're saying this so that your typing isn't perfect currently, it won't work.

One can type without looking at the keyboard. Perhaps even with their eyes closed. I, for one, can. I suck at typing, too.

If you're talking about reading what other people say, put the contact back in, or stop complaining about it. You've said this at least twice since I've been following this thread.

Edit: Aww, Khay posted before I finished typing. Do I still get in trouble?

Edited by EternalSpring

Stories are completely different from poems. When I was your age I thought that whatever I put down and called a poem was perfect, like some divine entity had blessed me with supreme creativity. Looking back it's all utter censorkip.gif and that isn't just me being harsh on myself. It's not a task, and that isn't how I see it either. But there is more to it than just throwing words around and then "deciding" that it's a poem.

Knock it off, guys. Enough.

Thank you. I was just saying. You don't need to eat me. >>

I do not excuse myself, but I truly think l that I behaved like a decent adult.

Alright. Let me get one thing very clear, Sin-

You think very differently than me. I do not like all poems I write. In fact, i hate most of them. But other people love them, so you know what? people love my poems, so i'll kep writing them. I have no clue what's up with you, but I know this- your wrong. I know what a poem is, and I know the emotions in it. You cannot tell me i don't know what they are. So leave me alone.

Edited by Ashes The Second

Please, show me.

They're not on the Internet; plus I didn't write them. The poems I write are bland, tasteless but manage to get me a good grade.

Edited by scratcher_cat

I write story's.

Oh, I get it. It was the story's rude.

There good, easy to understand, and I enjoy doing it. You seem to see poetry as a task.

There good? Here good? Where good?

I hardly expect people to do so- I was just saying to you, that you should think yourself wonderful, or perfect, as I that's what i do. I was having fun, and playing around. If you don't understand, you don't have to post.

I know what poetry is. And, I know how to write it- Well, in fact, a small thing you don't seem to get. I write story's. There good, easy to understand, and I enjoy doing it. You seem to see poetry as a task. It's not.

I hardly expect people to do so- I was just saying to you, that you should think yourself wonderful, or perfect, as I that's what I do. I was having fun[remove ","] and playing around. If you don't understand, you don't have to post. [What about posting to ask?]

I know what poetry is. And,[Don't being with "and"] I know how to write it- well, in fact, a small thing you don't seem to get. I write stories. They're good, easy to understand, and I enjoy writing them[though, "doing it" still works... in a way]. You seem to see poetry as a task. It's not. [but there are certain guidelines, unless you prefer free verse]

Everyone is entitled to their option, and there is no need to go about attacking someone for theirs.

Seconding Khal here. Enough is enough.

There good? Here good? Where good?

You know! The good riiiiiight about there! No, a little to the left. Too far, back over... Right there!

Edit: - intended, it was begging me to do it. :/

Edited by EternalSpring

Thank you. I was just saying. You don't need to eat me. >>

I do not excuse myself, but I truly think l that I behaved like a decent adult.

It takes more than 1 to start a problem. Do not think that I am being wicked or vicious here. Do take the bickering and jabs elsewhere.

It takes more than 1 to start a problem. Do not think that I am being wicked or vicious here. Do take the bickering and jabs elsewhere.

Or I will close this thread until I believe people can act mature or respectful again*. There's absolutely no reason to snip or snipe at each other. If someone is rude, report them, ignore it, and move on.

*Board rules.

They're not on the Internet; plus I didn't write them. The poems I write are bland, tasteless but manage to get me a good grade.

Well, if you find some on the internet that were written by honestly anyone under perhaps... 15? then I'm interested. As the editor of the school creative works publication I can honestly say that 99.9% of the poetry (or almost anything) we get from the freshmen and sophmores is censorkip.gif.

It wouldn't usually be so bad but most of them won't even bother to write legibly or spell check their work. They submit them to me with the hope of being published -- they can at least put some effort into it. I'm not going to accept something if I have to spend five minutes debating with the rest of the staff over whether they MEANT that typo on a poem where grammar is a bit more shaky, or if they had no idea what they were doing in the first place. When it takes the whole team ten minutes to decipher one sentence because it's illegible and doesn't make any sense, it's safe to say you're not getting in.

And don't get me started on the love poems.

Edited by 7Deadly$ins