Mangaholic

Midsummer Shadows| OOC Thread

I think it would be a good idea to plan fights out ahead of time. I'm very competitive and don't like to lose, so it's better to talk these things out with me first. >w<

I didn't realize you were like that, Kira. You didn't seem like that kind of person. :3

So, on a side note, I got my new glasses today, and my finals are over. I was going to finish my history homework, but then I ended up watching TV, so now I can’t bring myself to finish. I’ll do it tomorrow~

Anyways . . .

(Not so) Random Poll/Opinion Thingthat's not even really a pollI have the idea of revamping the front page a bit (or a section of the front page), since there’s been talk of updating profiles and stuff. I figured revamping profiles would be easier and more convenient if everyone just posted their character’s/characters’ profile(s) in the OoC thread where they could easily make changes without having to go through me every time they want to make a little amendment or two. I mean, if it’s something major, then I’d rather you talk to me about it first, but if it’s something like changing, I don’t know, their favourite food from bananas to strawberries, then it’d be a lot more convenient to just be able to do that yourself. And I suppose you could also add a relationships section to the profile and whatnot, if that’s what you want. It’d be sort of fun, I think. ;D

The profiles would be linked the first page, like I did the posts where all of them first changed, and that would make that section a lot neater and less of a pain to the eye. That way, it isn’t just a long, long, long list of words where you have to constantly scroll down to find whatever you want. It would also help because of the fact that we’re maxing out the character limit (already did in the OoC thread), and if people all of sudden start revamping their profiles into some long, epically epic thing, then it’s going to run out of room.

Of course, I’d probably do something to prettify it a bit. Don’t want to leave it with just some little links. Maybe everyone could type up a little blurb about their characters to put up there along with the links?

So, what does everyone think? It’s all hypothetical and whatnot. Just an idea. ;D

Oh yeah, and sorry for anything that didn't make sense. I sort of just typed up everything that ran through my mind.

xDD You know, I love reading your prettified posts, Manga~ :3

Anyways, I'm all for it. I've wondering about that exceeding character limit thing for a while now, since with the addition of so many things, it's bound to happen sooner or later. Links will definitely be more helpful in terms of convenience too. *has to check back on the profiles when making her posts, and has to scroll up and down a bajillion time*

I'll... get to editing Kathy's profile sooner or later. 8D;

Haha, thanks Lily <3

Great to know the idea sounds good to you. ^^ So, I was working on the coding for what would replace the profiles on that page/link to the profiles, and this is what I made. I still have to figure exactly where to put the links though. OTL

Full Name XOX ♂♂ || ♀♀
TraitXXXXCourtXXXX Trait XXXX

blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb ↘↘

XXUsername

If I remember correctly, you need to two different colors along with your posting color. Is it okay, or does it look too complicated? I think it might be. >< If it is, I'll cut out some of it.

Lol, yes I am like that. >w< When I'm just chatting though I try to be nice and polite because I don't want to offend anyone. But you should see me when I'm playing videogames. XD

And I like your idea. ^^ It sounds like a good one to me~

Oh, that makes sense. :P You sound like my brother then. But I don't think you'd have to worry if you were playing against me. I usually lose at every game I play, even Monopoly. x3

Hey, you gais, I'd really love to hear your opinions. Honestly. If you're just afraid to state what you think or something 'cause you think it's a terrible idea but you want to remain anonymous, I'll figure out a way to make that possible . . . once I finish my history essay.

Edited by Mangaholic

I'm just wondering if this rp was closed...surely after such a long period of time and with so much happening and it being after June 24th 2010 that it would be >.>

Eh? June 24th? Sorry, but what happened then? /confused

No, the rp was never closed. It just sort of went . . . on hibernation. And waking up during the winter. xP But seriously, no, it wasn't closed. People just got busy with their new mod jobs and school and whatnot, and things sort of slowed down.

You said June 24th 2010 was...*looks*

"There’s no real significance to this, except that I think that it’s weird for an RP to progress without any of the characters aging. Their birthdays should keep them sixteen before June 24, 2010."

And since this is long past...

And

"On Midsummer’s Eve, their powers will awaken within them."

So a character would already have their power woken were they to join now?

June 24, 2010 in the roleplay :V

It's 2011 now, but in the roleplay it's technically still the first day.

It's WHAT. Seriously, it's still the first day? That's amazingly awesome xd.png

lol yeah. Basically we've gotten to the point where the hybrid teens met the strangers, got taken to a mansion, got attacked by demons and (barely) won. Now they're following them to a dungeon to get the other teens who are there.

Well, I hope it's okay if Danni finds some flashlights sitting around >.< I have no idea what the room looks like or whether there really are flashlights >.>

Oh, June 24th! That makes sense now. I totally forgot about that. x3

/thought it was some holiday

. . . Though now that I think about it, technically it is.

That's totally fine, Kira! ^^

I actually had already asked myahoo to do it for me, but there's no need to change your post or anything, since I'm pretty sure Danni can't properly carry five flashlights, a bow, and a quiver full of arrows without dropping at least one of them.

The only thing is that the flashlights aren't really flashlights. I figured the Umbralatronis wouldn't be using something like a flashlight. I just called it a flashlight for lack of another name. /facepalm And I'm pretty sure that if it was called something else, all the characters would be utterly confused.

I haven't exactly decided on what it looks like. I've had ideas but I really don't want to use them. >< See, I keep thinking it should be in the shape of a round rock or something (after watching this one weird movie, the thought of a rod sort of creeps me out) but the idea seems sort of . . . lame. idk The only thing I've fully decided on is that it draws its energy from its wielder (since it shouldn't have batteries or anything). I'll see how well I can explain that in my post. I'll make sure Hadyn warns dear Danni. ^^

But don't worry about it, Kira. There's no need to edit anything. And feel free to keep on calling them flashlights, 'cause I think that's what I'll be calling them anyways.

So anyways, Murder, how's your plotting with Nessie going?

I'll try to get a post in before Tuesday. Depending on my schedule tomorrow, I might be able to type it up before school starts again.

Oh...was I supposed to make a post about that when you PMed me? Sorry, I thought you meant that for my next post and I've been kinda just waiting for others to go first...yeah. I can make a post tomorrow if you want?

Sorry Manga, I haven't gotten a chance to 1 on 1 with Nessie, but I sent her a PM that she'll see soon hopefully.

Do you need me to finish the Changeling's profiles? Or are they basically expendables and I can wing it with the one that Sess left unfinished?

Edit: gtfo redundancy

Also dude I just realized my mistake of asking earlier about Kathy's height. >_< It's been such a long time since I've seriously taken a look at Breckin's profile. Dear god I need to fix it.

kldjlskfdjf My bad.

Edited by MURDERcomplexx

Well, when I said I would get a post in before Tuesday, I lied. The weekdays turned out to be super busy for me because of all the homework I got, and then I spent most of my day today out celebrating the new year. Sorry about that.

No, you didn't, mya. I told you that you didn't have to if you didn't want to. ^^ Make one whenever you feel it fit. I don't mind. (: Though I guess now, it might be better if you waited for Kira to post so she could get Danni to hand Mark the lights?

Murder, I'll see if I can contact Nessie for you.

You can do whatever you'd like. ;] It doesn't really matter to me if they become expendables or if one of them escapes like Marlowe (keep thinking his name is Marley) did. It would add to the plot if either one escaped, but then that might make things a bit too complicated, so I'll just leave it up to you. As for the profiles, as long as there's enough description in the posts, I see no real need to finish them. Sessh already wrote a good portion of it.

I think I might have repeated stuff in there. x3

Anyways, here's the code I'd like you all to fill out for me. I'll put them up when I have time, which will probably be next weekend.

[list][list][list] [size=7] [url=link to profile][color=color1]⊰[/color][/url][/size] [size=18][font=Lucida Calligraphy] [color=postingcolor]Full Name [/color][/font][/size] [size=7][url=link to paragraph thing][color=color1] ⊱[/color][/url] [/size][color=white]XOX[/color] [color=color2][size=5]♂♂ or ♀♀ || [/size][/color]
[list]『 [size=1][B] [color=color1]Trait[/color][/B][/size]  』[color=White]XXXX[/color] 『  [size=1][B][color=color1]Court[/color][/B][/size]             』[color=White]XXXX[/color] 『  [size=1][B] [color=color1]Trait[/color] [/B][/size] 』[color=White]XXXX[/color] [/list]

[list][list] [size=1] [font=font] blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb [/font][/size]
[/list][/list][/list] [/list][/list]

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=3][color=color2]↘↘[/color][/size] 
[color=white]XX[/color][color=postingcolor][size=2][B]Username[/B][/size][/color]
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

If there's something that you don't understand, feel free to leave it blank and ask me about it. I know it looks really confusing. >< I'll deal with the links, especially the profile one. For the genders, you pick one or the other.

For the blurb, you don't have to fill it out right now unless you have the muse/time. If you do, I'd like it in either first or second person, please, for a change in things.

You can either post it here or send it to me. (:

I hope it's not too much to ask.

You just put a broad word that you think would be perfect/semi-perfect to describe her. /not sure if that was explained right

So like for Carlie's disembodied voice, you could put sarcastic and, I don't think, demented? It's sort of like if you had to describe Danni in two words, what would they be? What would the first things that come to mind be?

ETA: If you guys want, you can post your profiles here now. If you do, please post any additional comments in a separate posting. I already asked Dash if we could do that, so no need to worry. ^^

You're free to prettify your profiles and add relationship sections and whatnot so long as the overall format is still there.

Edited by Mangaholic

I'm sick of RL. It's too complicated for the likes of me to handle.

Manga--for the blurby thing... if I write in first person POV from Concord's head, it may or may not be PG-13 material. He's a tad bitter, and while I can censor him in third person, it's a lot harder in first.

Sen should be fun though. ;]

Also... do you think it would be excessive if we each came up with our own prettifying for our blurbies? Sort of that reflect each character's personality. It could be messy or fantastic. XDDD

Eh? Something came up in RL again? D:

x3 Yeah, I was worrying about that for some of the characters too. Would it work in second person? If it's just his crazy bitterness you're worrying, I think that should be fine. If it's excessive cussing, the only thing I guess you could do would be to cover it. xV But still, I think it'd be fun to have a little more insight into each of the characters. ;D

Sen is ADORABLE! I'd love to see what you're gonna put for him. ♥

No, I don't mind. Actually, I would love it. (: I didn't want to add too much coding 'cause it looked too complicated. >< But it would be fun if each of the characters had something different for each of them. Just as long as the basic format is kept. :]

... I guess I could go with what Con would say to someone else, not necessarily what's on his mind. So it's not going to be the most accurate, honest blurb--more like what Con would choose to reveal and not reveal, etc.

Sweet! I know how I want to format mine. XDDD

Heh, another question. For the link to profile, I just copy and paste the link to the post in the OoC thread that has Danni's profile in it? And the link to paragraph is...? The blurb can be whatever I want it to be, right? (While staying on topic of course.)

Oh, and I noticed there's only one character for the Winter, Dark, and Storm Court. Is it fine if I make a character for the Winter Court?

Okay, so questions...

Edited by Kira1

lol it's fine. ;]

For the first question, yes. (: You probably should post the profile first though, which is why I said you could leave it up to me if you wanted.

The link to the paragraph is the one that describes their sudden change in appearance. /goes to fetch Danni's

Here you go~

Yup, the blurb can be pretty much anything. Really, it's just an opportunity to get another perspective of your character. You could either write it from the point of view of your own character or from second person.

An example of second person would be this:

You never did like to be told what to do. You wanted a life of no restrictions, with the ability to become who you wanted, and with no one to get in your way. It's too bad your father wanted you to shape up and be a good little soldier that followed every order that came his way. Your father was a partner in a large corporation, and it was supposed to be your job as the oldest son to grow up and take over his position when he retired. That was not going to happen, though, was it? Your relationship with the man grew worse over the years. You had friends in rougher, less fortunate crowds, and you learned how their lifestyle worked. They taught you to fight, and in return, you taught them a thing or two about manipulation, the one lesson you bothered to learn from your father. The minute you graduated from high school, you were long gone. Four years later, your father passed away, and your name was still in the will. So you sold your position for quite the sum of money. You don't spend it on yourself though. Instead, you find worthy causes to give it to. Over the years, you've become quite the sweet talker and skilled liar. A “con artist”, some would call you, but you disagree. You're better than any ordinary con artist.

This isn't mine, just to let you all know. I just grabbed it from someone else. x3

I'll get start on my own blurb/profile when I'm done with history and procrastinating. :V