Mangaholic

Midsummer Shadows| OOC Thread

Sheesh, I've been gone for awhile. Anyways, so school's really starting to get to me now, which means I need to spend more time worrying about my homework and whatnot. I'm barely hanging onto an A in world history, and if my grade slips, I swear I'm going to go insane, as insanely stupid as that sounds. At most, I'll be online only on weekends, except tomorrow, because we're celebrating Mid-autumn Moon Festival. I honestly don't feel like posting an IC replies because they're going to come out like crap. At this point in time, I'd rather not have to do anything that makes me remember how much I hate my writing sometimes and how idiotic I've made some things.

You guys can post, or not post. Right now, there's not much I can say without being a total hypocrite myself, and really, I'm too tired to care anymore. :/

If I sound really bad-tempered, it's probably because it's freakishly hot right now, and I really need to change out of these woolen PJs.

IIIIIII feel you. My IRL existence is fighting for dominance. It's depressing.

Edited by Elsendor

Thanks, Kira. (:

I don't mind the slow pace either that much. At least it takes a bunch of responsibility off my shoulders.

Anyways, just wanted to pop by to say that biology has killed my brain. I still have to type my sonnet and my English essay, but I figured typing this wouldn't take all that much time. I have a bunch of stuff to do over the weekend too, unfortunately. x.X

I don't know if I should post for Hadyn right now. Is it a good time right now? I mean, like, is anyone else still planning to reply, 'cause if they are, I'll be more than glad to wait. I don't think I'd even have the will and energy to type up a post right now. I guess I need to write one for Alina, too. /groans

I've been getting momentary flashes of inspiration about this rp but then i'm not by my computer. So I just daydream about it. I was kind of inspired by zombies, I think, lol. So. Gordon's zombie dad will be making an appearance in the dungeon. Or, I guess since there are three faerie hybrids in the dungeon, one of us isn't going to get see their biggest fear? Or...? Cuz there's only two of the demons.

Okay, and also. Should I re-do that last post? Was it too short?

I actually imagined the Changelings as being able to appear differently to different people. Like Gordon looks at a Changeling and sees his zombie dad, and Concord looks at the same Changeling and sees his mother being stabbed by his sire and a baby's hand hanging out.

Aaand I still want to develop that plot... Manga I want to talk about it with you sometime. -facepalm- dumb school. evil chemistry.

I almost forgot to tell you guys--I burned three fingers in chem lab on Monday. So my typing's slightly impaired for who knows how long (probs not more than a week).

Aaaand that's the story of my life lately. Chem torturing me, school in general hampering my inspiration and RP life, and me clawing desperately at my head to try and keep that door of inspiration from closing under the stifling pressure of so-called EDUCATION. GAHHHH SO sorry I haven't posted in a bajillion years!

EDIT: -wince- Odio... you used the f-word... (and no, not f as in effing ___.) -wince-

Edited by Elsendor

Meh, sorry. I just logged on to bump this topic. I still don't have much time or energy to write a post. I'm sort of really out of it now ever since school started, I guess. :/ I have a presentation and an essay outline to do for history, and a movie and vocab test for Spanish that I'm bound to fail.

If you want, Odio, you can. If you have something awesome to add to it, then by all means, go ahead. ^^ But if you don't, there's no point in forcing yourself. I don't mind either way. smile.gif

:< Bumping because I really don't want this roleplay to die. It's one of the few I've been able to stay in the longest, and has survived this much.

I don't want this place to die either ;_; It's the first literate roleplay that I love to be in. I'm not going to get into the time I was in an advanced roleplay since I don't have anything good to say about it...

anyways, I hope we can slowly progress some more. I want to know what manga has in mind for what we do next~

I am so sorry! I saw the new OoC posts, and they motivated to write an IC post, which is what I'm doing right now. In about half an hour, I should have one up. (:

Don't worry. I don't plan on letting this RP die, so as long as you guys willing to help me, MS will survive, albeit really really weakly.

Oh, by the way, as Odio had pointed out earlier, the Changelings can only affect one victim at a time. Since there are only two of them and three active hybrids, I figured my character could be the one who won't be affected, since she probably won't do anything drastic anyways. Hopefully, no one has a problem with that.

Secondly, I'm sort of concerned about the Changelings problem, since Sessh is in charge of them, and she's been really busy lately, from the sound of things. I'm not sure what I should do about it. :/ Then again, we're all pretty busy.

Thirdly, Alina might have a bit of a character change, considering that I'm sort of used to writing about her with a different personality (A.K.A. not crazy, demented, and annoying). It shouldn't be too big of a problem considering that I haven't posted anything for her for a heck-of-a-long time.

And lastly, the spelling for some of their names might change because I sort of had a random burst of creativity a few weeks back and I went and made an alphabet thingy. In other words, I had to tweak some of the names so they wouldn't sound weird. The changes aren't anything drastic, but I might switch back and forth.

Ooh yay~ biggrin.gif

Lol I just looked back at some of the posts and I just noticed what you and Nessie said about my last post >w>

lol that means a lot especially since I admire both your writing styles~ Thanks guys :B

Oh yay! *huggles manga* I am so glad you'll keep this alive! And I'll be here to help! If you need me to do anything for you, just let me know!

edit: that was a short post, manga? well i guess compared to your other posts, yes, but that was a perfectly wonderful post. Do not worry about length so much since I love the wonderfulness of your writing~

Edited by Kira1

POOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSTTTTTIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AUGSDFUIEWUIOTUIEJDSJFKSDJFJDSfkJdfsFLING SCHOOL

I'm still alive, and still not quitting on MS. I swear. I'm just writer's blocked, which is a very bad thing when you're trying to revise an English paper that's due tomorrow afternoon. I'm so sorry!!!!

Eeeek, I'm back! ...Not for long though, unfortunately. >.> So sorry for lack of post, as I've probably said a million times before. It's the usual busy, yadi yadi yada stuff etc etc.

So what's new? Just popping in to say that I'll be a lot less busy after winter break and will be able to come back to RP full time by then. Because I seriously need my first term marks to be, like, way up there, because our first term marks are the ones being submitted to the university (bizarre, but it's how it works x____x). So...yeah. School's consuming all my time. Me still staying on DC is a miracle in itself. >.>

Lovely to see the little activity here, though! I'm so glad MS will not die~ It's also my most favourite RP by far.

laugh.gif <------ *is hapy about the revival* Oh and i'll be getting on my little winter half-thing having a breajdown or something

edit: wow typo much?

Edited by Odio

THANKSGIVING BREAK. CAN'T WAIT. WILL POST. CROSS MY HEART.

EDIT: Oh, and you're welcome, Murder. ;] I'm sorry, I somehow managed to completely miss what you said before. -facepalm- And my writing only happens in spurts, while yours seems to be much more consistent. Therefore Murder is the better writer.

Edited by Elsendor

Ah, thanks Lily and Murder. ^^ Of course, Nessie's absolutely write about your writing, Murder. I second that. ;]

But anyways, I have a four-day weekend starting Wednesday, just to let you all know. (: I'm looking forward to it, and hopefully, none of my teachers decide to ruin it with a project of sorts. I don't have to post though, which is good. Can't wait for Thanksgiving. 8D

Not much is new, Lily. We haven't really gotten anywhere.

EDIT: Meh, I figured I should give you guys something to read, in case you actually have the time to read something. It's an actual rewrite of the prologue that I typed awhile back. I'm aware that it's a bit choppy and that I started a lot of sentences with "and" and "but". Sorry about that, assuming someone does have time to read it.

THE SILENCE OF THE SUBWAY was disrupted by a ferocious cry, more a snarl than anything else. It sliced through the darkness like a blade. But the walls refused to echo the voice and its rage, and Silence quickly took hold of the tunnels again, menacingly, suffocatingly. The yellow lights flickered on and off erratically. The air felt chilled and frigid, as if it had come from the lips of Death herself.

Another blade pierced the cloak of Silence—this time, the sound of soft, wary footsteps. And as if to mock the newcomer, the Silence did everything in its power to make the newcomer’s presence more obvious. The gentle thud of each foot upon the eroded stone staircase was amplified a thousand times more than the cry that had preceded it, so much that it seemed almost to shake the very tunnels with its intensity. Then, the Silence gave a rattling hiss, silent as always, and slunk away, watching with devilish amusement as the newcomer emerged at the foot of the stairs.

It was a young man, seemingly nineteen or twenty years of age. His handsome face was contorted by pain and anger, his black hair plastered to his forehead by sweat and blood. In one hand, he tightly gripped a rapier, long and sleek, its blade emitting a faint, blue glow. The other hand was pressed firmly on the gruesome gash torn across his chest, trying to suppress the pain and the steady stream of blood that continued to soak into his leather jacket.

It was all in vain though. He could feel the fatigue returning to him without mercy, and he could hear the sound of his own hoarse breathing filling up the gap in the Silence. For a brief moment, he wondered what had compelled him to follow after that shadowy figure when he was already so badly wounded, but then he shook the thought away.

“It’s for Madaer,” he whispered to himself, and he felt his anger rise up again, sweeping the fatigue from his limbs.

He swept his eyes once over his surroundings, then closed them. He let the Silence flood his ears, searching the darkness for the presence of the one he had followed.

And finding nothing.

Nothing at all but Silence.

His eyes snapped open, wide with horror. What did I—

“Ceth.”

His blood ran cold at the sound of his name.

“Ceth,” the voice called again. A sweet, playfully vile voice, reverberating off the walls of the tunnel, or perhaps only in the confines of his head.

He raised his head slowly, as if all the life had just been sapped from him, and he saw what had not been there when he had first stepped out onto the platform.

A young woman, dressed in a simple gown of white. She could have hardly been more than eighteen years old, judging from her appearance. Her face was beyond fair, her skin a deathly pale that could not be described as pallid or sickly, for it was not so. Her lips were tinted an icy white; her eyes were pitch black, blacker than any black that could have ever possibly existed in the living world. A sheet of black hair spilled down her back, framing her chillingly ashen features, and a white pendant, wrought in the shape of a crane, hung from the silver chain around her neck.

She was holding a crimson rose in her hand, raised to her nose as if to smell its sweet aroma. With her fingers, she pinched one of its many delicate petals. Instantly, the petal was drained of all its crimson color. It fluttered down to settle beside the woman’s foot, now white as the face of Death.

And the woman continued to pluck the petals, one by one, draining them of their bloody color. She hummed a soft, innocent tune, like a child singing to her doll. Yet, as each petal was torn away from the crimson blossom, Ceth could somehow hear her breathing his name in his ear.

She looked up from the rose, still slowly picking each petal and letting it fall, and stared at Ceth. A childish smile danced onto her lips, as if she had just found herself a playmate. She held the rose out to him, and his face drained of blood.

He stepped back, but the woman called out, in her childish, sing-song voice, “Don’t leave, Ceth. I won’t let you leave. You belong to me now.”

Ceth stared helplessly at the woman. His voice, barely audible, crept through his lips, whispering, begging, “Kasurnwy.”

But the woman’s smile only widened.

Suddenly, there was a terrible, agonizing pain in his chest. Blood began to well up in his mouth, flooding it and spilling out. Choking, he forced himself to look down at his chest—to see the bloody tip of the dagger protruding from his body. He watched as the dagger disappeared back into his chest, felt it slide through his flesh and out, and he crumpled to the ground.

The tunnel exploded with shrieking. Vaguely, Ceth realized he recognized the voice, but to whom it belonged, he could not remember. He could not move, could not see the owner of that frantic, sobbing voice. His eyes were fixed on the rose that lay caressing his fingertips.

The rose that was white as the face of Death.

..................................................☼ ~ ☼ ~ ☼

By the way, has anything in the forums changed in a drastic way? I've been gone for a while, I think, and I know that the moderators have been talking about changing stuff a bit. I don't want to go blundering around. I'm not even sure if the whole approving system still works the same.

Edited by Mangaholic

Well, I finally got off my lazy lurking butt and made a post. Four-day weekend and all that.

I don't think anything major has changed recently, Manga, but then I just come here to check for new releases and this RP, so...^^'

And just my two cents on people's writing styles: I think everyone of you writes better than me.

No way myahoo I don't think you're any worse than anybody on here! laugh.gif

BTW, I like the rewrite Manga!

I'm letting all the juices stew before I write another post.

Edit: Okay juices have stewed. Gordon is now knocked out on the back of the cell wall. I tried not to powerplay over the.... rat-demons (I can't remember their names at the moment!), but I did sneak in a line there, I thought it was good dramatic effect and I don't think Sesshia would mind that one little line.

Oh and myahoo I was just being nice when I posted that up there but after I read your post I really think it's true, I don't think you're any worse at all.

Edited by Odio

o lawd. That gutter mind of mine and that scream = do not compute.

So Breckin's pretty incapacitated, and I can't post without him having someone agree to help him walk. >w>

It'd be nice if Sadine helped, but it seems like Key is MIA again. ;A;

Edited by MURDERcomplexx

I know what happened to Key and let me tell you she has a very good reason for being MIA at the moment. I'm not sure if or when she'll be back though so I'd suggest working around Sadie for now~

I suppose I'll post within the next few days to get things moving again~

So... we're still in that room waiting to see where were are going and my character is still on the floor unable to move?

Your character is on the floor unable to move?? I missed that.

*shakes head*

Too many 16 year olds to keep track of!

Edited by Odio

She was. After trying to hit the ... purple cat. Did they leave that room? Cause I'll make her walk with them if they did.

Meep. I'm back! For a while, at least. My teachers decided it best to stack the homework on us. I'm supposed to be working on my English homework right, but I couldn't resist procrastinating a bit.

Anyways, thanks, Odio, (: Glad you liked it. Oh, and thanks to Murder's comment, I couldn't resist rereading your IC post several times. xd.png

Well, Hadyn's leaving the room. Mark was going to follow him, but he decided to wait for the others, and no one else has really responded. If I remember correctly, it's Sen, Sophia, Breckin, and Kathy that are in need of some help, so I guess now would be a good time for the characters to get to know each other and whatnot.

EDIT: By the way, is it just me, or are the forums running really slowly today?

Edited by Mangaholic