Mangaholic

Midsummer Shadows| OOC Thread

AUGH

Guess what my dad did for Thanksgiving? He shut me in my room, turned off my internet, and made me study chemistry ALL WEEK.

And then I was sick on Thursday and missed Thanksgiving dinner. Not that it was a really bad week or anything--I got to see my little brothers and that was really cool. But I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET ONLINE IN A WEEK!!! -eyetwitch- I'M MELTING!!

And I have a huge test on Friday. And then another huge test the Wednesday after. And then finals start the Friday after. WHY GOD WHY???

No biggie, Nessie. There's always Winter break, and hopefully you don't get sick then. x3 I have finals too. I just don't remember when. I should also be doing my homework right now, but I thought it'd be a good idea to bump these two threads, considering they're about to die or something.

I. AM. ALIVE.

My dad's still an internet Nazi like always, but I am home and almost over my cold. Therefore I have opened MS in a tab TO BE LEFT OPEN until I write up a darn post, so I'll have something to reference even when my internet is inevitably turned off. I'll figure something out. I miss college and freedom.

But then... I don't miss homework. I should get a new post up within a week. If I don't, you have my most sincere permission to set a troup of Sidhian on me. And Myrr. And the other couple of daemon species, Manga, that I made up and we never got a chance to finish developing because of my darn absence.

I miss you guys sosososososososooooo much. Life is boring without you.

EDIT: Aaand I read through the last page of this thread and MURDER MY MIND IS BLEEDING. -headdesk-

Remind me not to watch just any anime recommended by fellow college people. I never would have understood that comment until like... just a couple of months ago.

Edited by Elsendor

EDIT: Aaand I read through the last page of this thread and MURDER MY MIND IS BLEEDING. -headdesk-

Wha

What you said about Gordon's scream. <.<

lol oh.

Yeaaaah. It does that kind of stuff to you.

MSMSMSMSMSMSMSMSMS 4evaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

...okay ignore that.

I FINALLY POSTED SENNY. I LOVE WINTER BREAK. I LOVE WRITING. I MISSED THIS SO MUCH. I MISSED YOU GUYS.

I'm craving RP and chatsies. Like badly. -headdesk-

Edited by Elsendor

/pokes

Now, just so I know, is there anyone here still interested, or has everyone just pretty much disappeared? :/

I don't want this to die either. I love the plot, my character, and all the other characters~

I don't know what I should do. I haven't seen Sessh in a while now, and I don't know what I should do about the Changelings. Do you guys think it'd be better if the majority of the teens got down to the dungeon before the Changelings are dealt with, or should we wait for Gordon or Concord to do something about them first?

Anyways, my insurance won't pay for a new frame for my glasses so I had to give my glasses to them so they could use the old frame. That means I'm pretty much blindand useless. The doctor said I should get them back in two weeks. If you're wondering how I managed to read this, it's because I'm using my iTouch.

I don't know what I should do. I haven't seen Sessh in a while now, and I don't know what I should do about the Changelings. Do you guys think it'd be better if the majority of the teens got down to the dungeon before the Changelings are dealt with, or should we wait for Gordon or Concord to do something about them first?

Anyways, my insurance won't pay for a new frame for my glasses so I had to give my glasses to them so they could use the old frame. That means I'm pretty much blindand useless. The doctor said I should get them back in two weeks. If you're wondering how I managed to read this, it's because I'm using my iTouch.

I think we should somehow show up, and one of us will have to control the Changelings. :\ I have no clue when Sess will ever be back around to reply.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE POSTIES!!!!

I'M HERE I'M HERE I'M HERE!!!!

sorry for not posting in a while. I'm visiting home for winter break and my dad is still the internet Nazi, despite what he said before I came home, and there's tons of IRL drama going on, the relevant effects of which are... I spent the last couple of weeks mostly laptopless and internetless. BUT I'm going back to school in a week and then I can post AS MUCH AS I DARN WELL WANT.

MS MUST NEVER DIE!!!

I'm a little psychotic right now. RL has been... meh, I'm not even going to start. Suffice to say I'm near suicidal and I can't wait to go back to school, but I don't want to leave home, and my mom hates me and I love her and I can't bear to have her look at me like a monster and my dad is controlling and my brothers think I'm a gossipy ditz even though I'm only gossipy about my own life which is hardly gossipy and I need to start sleeping on time but I was born nocturnal and I just want to cry. I need MS, if only to keep myself from copping out of everything and killing myself.

Edited by Elsendor

I'm still here!

You know, scratch what I said about I'll be less busy during winter break. x__X BECAUSE IT IS A LIE. Man RL has been keeping me busy. But I'll always be here! More or less. So will Kathy. We're glued to MS like... stuff sticking to glue. /fail analogy

So uh, I agree that we should all just sorta head down to the dungeons. Does somebody else have the time to play the Changelings? I don't think Sesshy's going to be back anytime soon. :S

Expect a Kathy-post once this is all sorted out.

Lily! /glomps I was wondering where you were!

Yeah, I think that's what I'll be doing. We don't have much other choice. :/ I'll figure it out once I get my glasses back . . . which my mom tells me won't be this week. D; She's going to call them sometime, and hopefully they haven't sent my glasses yet. Or maybe they'll give me temporary contacts, hopefully. But until then, I'm still useless. I have a major headache just trying to type this up because I'm too lazy to copy and paste it on a Word document and enlarge all th ewords. I feel like throwing up. D; Or maybe I'm just sick. I don't know.

Nessie, your mom doesn't hate you! If this is about that K-pop thing, that's just stu[id, No one should be expected to be like them!

Anyways, Nessie sort of revamped (is that the word, cuz I don't think so, but oh well) Sen's profile, so here it is for anyone who wants to look at it:

Username: Elsendor

Name: Ilsen “Sen” Jared Vimarrose

Birthday: Februrary 17, 1994

Court: Rose Court

Appearance: Sen is small and lithe, bordering on scrawny, with a build nearer to that of a ten-year-old than a high school student of full sixteen years.  His large, wondering eyes are an odd, soft grey-green shade, nicely complemented by a tousled crop of the wheat-gold hair inherited from his ancestors who first sailed from the Netherlands.  His slightly lopsided smile is more earnest and friendly than handsome, his features open and honest.  His skin is light and burns easily, with a storm of freckles about his nose and cheeks.

His style—or rather lack of it—speaks of a carefree spirit, but not a sloppy one.  His clothing is neat and practical, presentable but not meant to impress.  Sen favors khakis or the plain blue jeans that never seem to fit his undersized body, T-shirts in more or less varying shades and patterns of green, hoodies in cold weather, and a well-worn pair of bright red Converse chucks.  A jade ouroboros pendant hangs around his neck from a black silk cord, passed down from generations back.  He wears a silver watch on a wide, black leather strap that appears to be much newer than the watch itself.

Since the onset of his fey characteristics, his hair has turned a shocking dark green shade, soft but shot through with warm, bright streaks.  His eyes are a bright, emerald green that better suits his bouncy personality and his light skin has turned a soft, light brown shade that mutes his freckles and makes the bright colours of his hair and eyes stand out all the more.

Personality:  Sen is an accurate representation of his Rose Court ancestors, in that he is unfailingly carefree, lively—even hyper, at times.  Catching him in a calm state is a considerable task even for his own family, let alone his friends and acquaintances.  Incorrigible and downright irrepressible, he makes friends in a flash.  Keeping them, however, is another matter.  Somewhat capricious, he springs easily from one social group to another, inadvertently hurting feelings and breaking ties, hindering himself from a real, close friendship. 

Easygoing and quick to forgive, he finds it difficult to understand when others are hurt and refuse his attempts to make amends.  He is also ineffably curious, eager to poke his nose where it doesn’t belong and heedless of the consequences—“Curiosity killed the cat.”  He is quite gullible and almost stubbornly naïve, believing that the more open he is to the world, the more opportunities will be available, both good and bad.  Being stolen from three times and cheated more than once has not dampened his spirits in the least. 

Surprisingly, Sen is somewhat proud and headstrong, insistent on his own ways.  He does as he likes without fear of the consequences, even, at times, with a bold streak of rebellion.  He fears deeps and darks and revels in highs and brights.  Caving and diving are frightening, flying and climbing are exhilarating.  He loves caffeine, cats, squirrels, and the outdoors.

Though he has a bright, active mind, he tends to avoid introspection, preferring to get outside and stay busy.  Sometimes he’s stubborn enough about his airheaded way of living that it becomes something solid, a wall, a shield that speaks of something deeper.  For the most part he seems completely comfortable with himself, but sometimes he seems somewhat needy, searching for approval.  He alternates alarmingly between isolating himself and throwing himself into social activities.

History: Sen has led a fairly mundane life thus far, growing up in Manhattan with both his parents and a pet cat, slightly spoiled but not overly so.  He enjoys the benefits of the upper middle class—a nice house, everything he needs and a fair amount of what he wants, a steady allowance, a good school district, everything a normal boy needs.  He generally hasn’t caused his parents too much trouble, save the occasional prank or mishap.  His family epitomizes the “perfect American family,” with a single child, two working parents, and a loving relationship between parents and child. 

His father is an professor in electrical engineering, his mother an elementary school teacher, so between the two he has gotten all the help he needs in his education.   He is a bright boy, earning mostly A’s and the occasional B, above average but not particularly exceptional.  At school, he has always had a group of friends around him, and the fact that not a single person in that group has remained constant has not yet begun to bother either his parents or his counselor. 

The existence of a counselor in his perfect little life is the result of a single event that occurred when he was eight.  On the  way home from his second day of third grade, Sen witnessed a teenage girl being raped and murdered.  The killer spotted him, wide-eyed and so pale his freckles stood out like the pox, and chased after him.  He would have been killed but for a troupe of alley cats that attacked the man and diverted him long enough for Sen to escape into a neighbor’s house.  Each cat was one Sen had fed or rescued during the course of his young life.  The killer, wanted for more than one such crime, was caught a week later and eventually executed, but the event has haunted the boy since.  To the eyes of most he has recovered brilliantly, but his parents and his counselor occasionally glimpse a child more frightened by the ugliness in the world than he will ever admit.

Weaknesses: He can't swim very well and is afraid of deep and/or fast-flowing water. He also fears aquatic creatures (ex: fish, crustaceans, oceanic invertebrates, sharks, etc.) He has trouble remembering things, is impulsive, and has a short attention span. He is also easily distracted by things he considers to be pretty.

Skills: Sen is an excellent climber, whether it be rocks, trees, or buildings. He has an excellent sense of balance, is quite agile, and quick on his feet. He is good with his hands and inventive - if maybe a bit too much so, as he can get a bit out of control when he has an idea. He's quite alert to his surroundings, and has keen eyesight and hearing. He also has a rather astonishingly acute sense of taste.

Special Abilities: Sen is descended from a line of Florata. As a result, he can "communicate" with plants and obtain information from them about events that have happened within a certain distance of a plant.

Unique Color: darkgreen

Anyways, I'm hoping that Sen's profile is still in my copy-and-paste because I don't think my head take more squinting at the screen.

Well, off to do homework now. Can't wait to see your post, Lily~

Edited by Mangaholic

Haha, yeah, I'm always just checking in and lurking. x3

Posted in the IC thread; kinda short, but adequate? As long as we can get moving.

Don't worry about your glasses and stuff, Manga! We can wait, so take your time. (:

Also, lovely edits on Sen's profile, Nessie!

I should probably revamp Breckin's profile...I've been meaning to get that done while things were still slow.

Love the post lily. :D

Edited by MURDERcomplexx

Haha, I've been thinking the same thing about Kathy's profile, Murder. x3 And thank you. <3

Congrats on getting back in college, Nessie! biggrin.gifb

Thanks Lily! ♥

FINALLY finished my darn paper. Time for bed, but I really want to write right now. But it's past 3am. FAIL.

On a more on-topic note, Manga asked me if I wanted to like... co-write the Changelings along with Murder. Murder, does that sound good to you? I'm a little out of whack at the moment, so I'll let you decide. XDDD If I have anything intelligent to say about the matter tomorrow when it's not 3am, I'll let you guys know.

Aaand have finally clarified background enough with Manga so I can make my next Concord-post!! Time to start writing.

Sounds good Nessie. It's just going to take me a couple days to really get my head enough to write anything.

Something bad happened, and I probably need some time to get stuff back together.

But nothing to me directly.

Anyways, if you have any ideas you can PM me or I can get on MSN after my classes today.

D: I'm glad it wasn't anything bad directly to you, Murder. I was about to overreact.

And yeah, I figured it would be a good idea if fight scenes and anything similar to them were planned out between everyone involved in them so we wouldn't have to read posts with one action at a time. That would probably be a pain. :3

Unless you guys really want to, don't involve my characters too much. I'd prefer it if all the other characters got a chance at the action and stuff so I don't end up dominating the plot or something.