WonderBubbles

The Shadow King's Return

Veren noticed the red dragon getting closer and reaching for her tail. Playfully, Veren wiggled her tail out of Zella's reach before suddenly dropping lower and then shot back up, flying at a higher altitude now. She was having fun now.

As the ebony tail slipped from her reach, she growled playfully in frustration. After noticing the dip in Veren's flight, she shot ahead, grinning. She tucked her legs to her body tighter, so she'd become more streamlined. Suddenly, the other dragon shot up beside her, higher than they had been flying. They were so close to the forest. Zella flapped harder than before, still grinning, in an attempt to reach the trees first.

((Write what happened to the spectre and describe how Lorpez reacted to being manhandled. I am baaack biggrin.gif. - Lost all my data, but my computer is running again. *sighs* It wouldn't even work in safe modus.))

Illonea walked into the inn. "I'd like to have a room."

"No."

"I can pay." said the girl irritated and showed her money.

"That doesn't matter, you can't have a room."

"There is no room left?"

"There is, but you can't have one."

"Why?"

"Because you are a drow and drow are evil, dumb girl."

Illonea narrowed her eyes but kept her temper.

"Right I am still a girl, merely a child. Children are not evil."

"Ha! You should see my niece!"

"Okay, point taken some kids can be brats. But I am not evil! You can ask the pair of dragons I came with. ... Ahm, that is once they've returned. At the moment they are..."

"It does not matter."

"Why?"

"Because dragons are evil too."

((Can I have permission to get everybody room for free at the inn? Because of Sapphire's princess status, she can talk her way into anything. But I don't want to god mod or anything...))

((sure go ahead Carlissa. ^^))

Veren saw that they were nearing the forest and noticed how Zella aimed to speed up. The black dragon sped up as well, determined to give Zella a challenge in this race. Veren didn't plan to let the red dragon win

((Though i'm pretty sure that Veren could fly much faster if she wanted to xd.png *is trying to make it seem like powerplaying or anything*))

Luna glared at the innkeeper who was denying Illonea a room. Well, she would have to set him straight.

Zak walked into the inn and glared at the inn keeper who had denied Illonea. "I suppose you won't offer me a room either."

"No because your a centuar and belong in the stables." The inn keeper said.

Zak rested a hand on a sword that hung from his hip. "Watch you tongue inn keeper or else you won't have a tongue to insult a person with."

((Carlissa, go back and read the posts that you missed. Veren and Zella went off to hunt AFTER they dropped off everyone in the town.))

"I'm sure you don't want to make us angry," Luna said to inn keeper icily, "since we are a group of skilled fighters who don't hesitate to use our skills. And I doubt that you can take us all on by yourself, and even if you have a few thugs to aid you, I don't think they could handle themselves against two dragons who happen to be friends with us. We are willing to pay for two rooms at a reasonable price." Luna stared down the inn keeper, wondering how he would respond to that.

((ok, Carlissa, if you're going to have Sapphire get them free rooms, do it now.))

"Well, I would have given you a room, nightelf." The inkeeper said. "Your kind is supposed to be goodly and you are no animals either. But now that I think about it, the fact that you travel with a drow and dragons speaks against you. As well as the fact that you try to threaten me into doing what you want."

He crossed his arms. "This is my inn and I have the right to decide if I want to allow nonhuman garbage in it or not. You are right, you can use force of course, because your group is stronger then me, but you lot will prove I was right about you from the start by that.

And I'll simply go to the king and he'll send his guard after you. Don't believe you could get away with killing me either. My patrons don't like nonhumans that much either and you would be proclaimed murderers."

She started to sense negative emotions coming from her rider, that flared every few moments. She slowed, gliding now on a downward angle. She slipped into Luna's mind and asked, What's happening? Is it something I should know about? Now that she had slowed, the ebony dragon was sure to beat her in this race. She felt a spark of great irritation from the elf and a low growl rumbled in her throat.

"Let it go, Luna." Illonea said. "This is a big city, I am sure they will have other inns. As for me I am not staying under the roof of someone that predjudiced anyway. I'd rather sleep in the trees."

"That's a good idea." The inkeeper said. "Leave our fair city and sleep in the trees, drow. If we are lucky the birds will pick you to death until tomorrow."

Sapphire walked into the inn, sensing the disturbance in the room. Indeed, this was the town she was staying at before she was kidnapped by the ogre. As a matter of fact, this was the same in as well. Even though it was homey and had great service, the innkeeper was a strong racist, only letting humans and royalty stay at the inn. Of course, the innkeeper was nice to Sapphire, but Sapphire did not like phony kindness.

“Is there a problem here?” Sapphire asked, in her normal soft voice. The innkeeper looked over the crowd of people in front of him, and gasped.

“P-princess Sapphina!” he said in surprise. “Y-your back!” The innkeeper rushed past the group he was dealing with, pushing them out of his way. “Are you ok, Princess? Did that ogre hurt you?”

Sapphire flinched at his rudeness. Her eyes narrowed, and a serious look came to her face. “What is going on here?” she asked, the kindness and softness completely gone in her voice. Her voice now was rather intimidating.

The innkeeper scratched the back of his head, and his cheeks became red. “Oh, it’s nothing, Princess Sapphina! It’s just these low lives wanted a room, and…”

“Low lives?” Sapphire repeated. “Just who do you think you are? I will have you know that these ‘low lives’ happened to save me from that nasty ogre that picked me up a night ago!”

The innkeeper was drawn back by this. “What? I...I didn’t-“

“And you dare deny them a room? Just who do you think you are?”

“I…Umm…”

“I demand that you give these good people a room! The finest you have!”

“But Princess, these-“

“No excuses! And if I see you dare bad mouth these good folk again…” Sapphire crossed her arms. “I will make sure you hang from the gallows! Do I make myself clear?” The look in Sapphire’s eyes did not reflect her true personality at all. If someone displeased her, she can be very…persuasive.

The innkeeper was stunned. “I…umm…” he mumbled. Sapphire gave him another look, and he jumped. “Y-yes Princess!” was all he said, and ran behind the counter.

Sapphire winked at her group of friends, and a soft giggle escaped her throat. She was lucky that the innkeeper did not know that she was bluffing. sapphire was not a princess anymore, and if the innkeeper did show signs of racism, she would have no power to punish him. But half of her act was intimidation. It was funny, how she could be cute one minute and scary the next.

Edited by Carlissa

Luna glared at the inn keeper but held her tongue when Illonea said to just forget about it. The innkeeper wasn't really worth the time anyways.

No, nothing is wrong, she replied to Zella.

When Veren noticed that Zella slowed down somewhat, she looked behind her at the red dragon as she slowed just a bit herself. But of course when Zella began to try and catch up again, Veren would speed up. It was no fun if it wasn't a challenge.

Luna looked up when she heard Sapphire enter the inn and then watched as the innkeeper pushed past her after recognizing her as the princess. Lune smiled a bit smugly at the inn keeper's reaction. Seemed as if Sapphire knew how to use her position and speak with authority, which Luna couldn't help but admire somewhat. Sapphire would make a good ruler if she ever got her kingdom back, so after they rested up Luna would find out more about Sapphire's kingdom.

The red dragon sighed. Alright, but you must tell me later what annoyed you. With that, she slipped from Luna's mind and grinned lazily at the ebony dragon, who had slowed and looked back. She began to pump her wings once more, pushing herself through the air easily. She wanted to win this race and she was sure the other did too.

((Veren can win. xd.png))

((okey dokey ^^))

Alright, I will, Luna replied.

When Veren saw Zella pump her wings to catch up, she grinned and flew faster as well. When she saw a spot where she could land not too far ahead, she suddenly dropped as she dived for the spot. When she neared the ground she snapped open her wings to catch the wind and slow herself to land. And now to wait for Zella to land.

She saw the ebony dragon drop to the ground only a few moments before she landed herself. They were just inside the trees. The crimson dragon's landing was clumsy, as were all of her landings. She didn't know to use her wings to slow herself down. When she was on the ground and beside the other dragonelle, she grinned. "Good race," Zella commented, her breathing a little rougher than normal.

"Very good race," Veren replied, nuzzling the other playfully, "now for the hunt!" She said enthusiastically, ready to pounce back into the air to go after whatever prey they could find in the forest.

She chuckled and returned the playful gesture. She tilted her head, inhaling deeply, in an attempt to scent if there was any prey near them. A faint waft of bear and deer came with the breeze. She murmured this under her breath and started to prowl in the direction that the scent came from. Her wings were pressed to her back and she was making her pawfalls as light as possible. She didn't want to fly at the moment, she fancied the idea of a different method of hunting.

Veren was a little bit intrigued by the way Zella was deciding to hunt. Even so, you can call the black dragon old fashioned, but she preferred to do it from the air. She loved to fly and found it much better to hunt from the air. So she wouldn't disturb Zella's hunting, Veren went off in a different direction. There was a herd of deer she had located and she planned on finding a nice large buck to devour. The idea of that delicious meat, made her lick her lips.

She jumped up into the air, flying off above the trees after this herd to get her meal.

((I am confused. I thought we were in Kapris, the big capital of the most powerful of all the lands? That is the city were Saphire was captured by the ogre? Are you sure thats what you want Carlissa? From the way your story sounded I had imagined a little village. If it was here shouldn't your princess have talked to the sunking or his predescessor and all that? Or at least to a noble?))

((Kapris is that big of a city? I didn't really think of it to be that big. It could just be that the inn keeper knew of Sapphire's situation and respects her...or something like that? @_@))

((Wait, this isn't the city that she was csptured in? Oh gawd, I'm confused! I'll go edit...))

((Aww. My mistake. I just reread. Kapris is the land not the city. I guess we can be in a little city in Kapris instead of the capital. I am very sorry! Don't edit!))

Edited by Laura-Lana

((I had to go and check if Kapris was a kingdom, too. xd.png It is. O_O

Weeeellll... The city can beee... Hmm. Kapra? I dunno.))

She prowled toward the bear, lips lifted from her fangs in a snarl. She was so much bigger than this beast, but it could still harm her. It lifted it's head, blinking blearily at the huge dragonelle stepping toward it. When it realised what the huge, crimson being was, the bear stood on it's hind legs and roared a challenge to Zella. In reply, she snarled and leapt toward it.

It managed to rake it's long claws down her cheek and get its teeth in through her scales. She finally defeated the beast, snapping it's head off in a chomp. She ate the bear and found a stream to wash herself in. She cleaned out the small cuts and washed away the gore from her meal.