Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

Dear Journal,

Faxmel is being such a sweetheart, helping me rear the hatchlings. Vazz isn't helping one bit, too busy stalking the other female dragons. Thank you! Thank you for dumping all this work on us. Sarcasm doesn't go through words so well, does it?

I suppose I should give an update about whats going on in the cave. The halloween dragons had come up with spinning device with each of our names in it. The raffle isn't for a good prize; the prize is death. Yes, yes, I know. Zombies have to happen. One or two dragons must be killed.

Its cold outside, but the Hellfires rigged up a way to warm the cave. Very few dragons are going out. On a side note- the hatchlings are all snuggling up against me. I suppose I should try to sleep.

-Frinn

Journal,

Today a new egg came. Everyone is scared of it. Was everyone scared of me when I was a egg? I wouldn't know; I just recently grew into a adult.

Lialiath inspected the egg and declared it was a vampire. Everyone shuddered. Xander suggested that we should kill it. Isabella said no. It was decided that we should keep it; it wouldn't do harm, right?

Nebtacular and I went out to the coast today. We stalked wild dragons, and visited the graveyard. Then Smiley came out and found us, and told us Zoith would be furious if she found out that I brought a hatchling to the coast. We went back to the cave after that.

In better news, a dorsal egg came today. Lialiath did another inspection, and declared it a cave-born. It could replace Zoith. Today is just a mess.

Speaking of Zoith, I met her today. She is the cave leader, a dorsal.

~ Nebbie

Dear Journal,

The vampire egg has a huge hole in it. Everyone stays away from it, like the second it hatches it's gonna attack us all.

Today Nebtacular grew up. She is attractive. Now we have a baby Nebula. Finally, good news in the midst of this mess.

Also, Prince Oplecence and Zoith had a baby. It is a black stripe. I'm supposed to take care of it.

Zoith is on edge. Since the CB dorsal came, she has been freaking out. She thinks the CB will replace her. I dunno about it all.

Well that is all for today. Tomorrow Nebtacular and I are going down to the Alpine.

~ Nebbie

Dear Journal,

The hatchlings are old enough to handle themselves. And the eggs won't hatch soon. I have a little time to myself. I haven't seen Vazz in awhile. Wait, she is over at the hatchlings.

(Handwriting is thicker, as if it was written later on.)

Vazzmanoa is insane! She hit one of the hatchlings, Krickit, and froze it. That caused a uproar. Krickit began sobbing at the news because she'll never get to have eggs, the poor baby. Evieter got to work and tried to reverse it. Nope.

Quillion pinned her down and talked to her for about twenty minutes. She left with her head down, dunno what happened.

Bone Knocker began to turn the 'Raffle Ball' and that clanking sound is a horrid reminder of death coming.

Mint says not to worry about it. And why is Boney standing behind me?

Dear Frinn's Journal~

I, Bone Knocker, is pleasured to be given the chance to write my answer. I am unhealthily stalking you, Frinn, and I'm not afraid to admit it. FYI that is Darkest Acedia. His spine is smaller. Learn to tell the difference, lol.

Not to worry you, but you are not in the raffle. 'Minty' let me put in his name twenty times if you didn't get put in.

~Boney~

Somebody give me some eye bleach then stab me.

-Frinn.

Dear Journal,

It has been around 2 years since my last entry. A lot has changed in the Cave. There are so many new breeds of dragon that it is hard for me to count. I am unsure of her reasons, but Scroll Keeper seems to be making some kind of collection.

She has been bringing breeding pairs to live here, and haves them breed three times, in a hope to produce a son, daughter and unmatured baby. She freezes them, so they stay as a sort of "family unit".

She has been rather particular though, if a baby had fully matured before she had a chance to cast the freeze spell, or if they end up with two of the same gender, she doesn't just abandon that dragon, she abandons the entire family line! I may have to speak with her. This is going too far.

I will stop her the next time we have an incident like that. She may be my master, but I am the Leader of this cave and I have an obligation to protect those who put their trust in me.

I hope she listens to reason... I also hope she tells me why all this freezing is necessary.

Bhisha

I am writing this live from in front of the hallow eve raffle. Short choppy sentences are likely due to all that is happening. Tal has her sword in hand. The blade is bronze while the handle part is a deep green. Boney has stopped spinning the ball. He's removing a name. Night Burn, that female alt black that specializes in fire magic.

She's too shocked to speak. They've led her up to the meeting rock. Poor girl.

Lakey was just chosen. Spitfire. She's refusing. Quillion just picked her up by the neck and plopped her down at the meeting rock.

Vaz just got picked. Chocolateer is throwing a fit. Iris is very. Very. Excited. Vazz flew off. Well, I suppose she'll be hunted down.

Those two Luminas who are being executed are brought up.

Iris just dragged Vazz in, who is stained red since Iris apparently ripped off her wings.

Tal and Night Burn are at it. The sword went through her jaw.

Lakey now. She keeps dodging. They've chained her down.

The youngest of the Luminas. Sword went straight through his chest.

The older of the Luminas has dodged. Vazz also dodged.

-Frinn.

Dear journal,

I hate the cold weather we are beginning to experience. My wise grandmother, Esperanza CB, tells us all to hope and be content to rest for the time being. Many of the youngest dragons are skeptical of this advice and want to go South. One in particular voiced her harsh opinion - Sixagiksaaq Salamandra.

Due to the fact that she is a turpentine, she was not well liked before now. But Salamandra can bend others around her claw very easily; almost too easily.

Forgivness son of Zeladasera challenged that nasty wyrm just this morning. He argued very persuasively!

'Dragons have seen winters before,' Forgivness thundered for all the cave to hear. 'And no dragon has died of cold! Tell me, pygmies, have you died from snow?'

'No. I do not think migrating is in order. Why do so when there is no harm from a little snow and cold?' Kitava ForkedTongue, one of the elders, answered. Her small orange body was puffed up to its very biggest size, and she whipped her head around to glare at all those listening.

Salamandra stepped forward to reply, but she was cut off by Mother Talzin, a middle aged pink.

'Enough!' Talzin cried. 'We need no fights among ourselves. The winter will come and it will pass. As long as we keep our heads and stay in the cave there will be no reason to worry. Now go back to your daily activities.'

I had watched the whole thing from my place next to my grandmother. She looked at me and shook her head. 'Don't go getting any silly ideas about migrating, child,' she told me firmly.

I shivered and nodded. 'Yes, grandma. I don't wanna go anyway. I can't fly.'

And that's quite true. No waterhorse can! It would be foolish to go anywhere.

- Injul daughter of Krysta

Entry 1

Dear Journal,

I seem to be stuck inside my egg! I keep trying to force my way out but nothing is working. I sure hope that I am not stuck, I want to see what this world looks like. I sure can't wait to see my mother and father. Ugh! I am trying my best to break free of this egg, so far I made a small hole. Too bad the hole is not big enough to fit my fat dragon tail out of. I will write again soon journal, I want to get use to my life first. Till then this is a goodbye.

Dear Journal,

It all happened so fast! I broke free of my egg and now I feel all grown up. I would have written back sooner but I didn't have time! I was busy enjoying life. I also got a name! My name is Art Matic, Art for short. I love it! The only thing that I hate right now are those hatchlings and egg cluttering up my living space. My owner said that they are special eggs that only appeared this Halloween. They are just slimy and crawling around everywhere and there are three of them! The fourth one has not hatched yet. That egg is weird. Its cracked a bit but I'm not sure if it's going to make it. As a now full grown beast of a dragon I shall now say goodbye until next journal entry.

Sincerely, Art Matic

Dear Scroll,

cliff clans's territory now has become full of dragons.some rarer ones also share the roof with us. Malifica is now our renowned first great leader, and hopefully Nubunium can also be one. he's a reckless one, but extremely loyal.

now the mysterious black htachling wil become and adult soon. i've never seen anything like it. he's the only one in the apprentices cave and has left piles of prey bones outside of it. our great scroll keeper is studying him now, and looking through piles of books. i hope he doesn't become a threat to us dragon kind. Spiritua alone causes enough trouble.

Phonocoptor and another flamingo dragon, Skilla Flemim, have mated and got a hatchling of there own.

tonight i had a chat with Nubunium. he said he wants go out adventuring, see the world for himself. they didn't start marking territory fully yet and is excited for the next years of his life. he then said "im going to go adventuring for awhile, explore this world. i will come back in about a week. just to let you know." it has been along time since Nubunmium went on any adventure like this, but i found it not surprising at all.

its a big day tomorrow. i will need to get some rest.

- Benivis

Dear scroll,

cavern lurker dragon. thats what master said the new dragon was. he makes a useful night guard, but attacks us whenever we go near his pile of bones. a black and purple dragon, Spiritua is starting to take some interest with him.

Nubunium left this morning down south. i will miss him for a while.

-Benivis

Cruxed's Journal (Male Vampire dragon)

Today I noticed that I am unlike every other dragon in my master's cave.

I am lonesome and everyone is afraid of me..

I cannot seem to grasp why it is that I am feared,

for I've never done anything wrong.

No one seems to want to come near me,

or even look at me..

I feel so alone in this world.

I slither away into the corners of the cave allowing

the drips of water to come pouring down on me as

I lament in my poor sorrow. I try and I try to hold

onto something, but the tighter I hold on, the more

I slip out of my own reality, into a reality that is

unknown to me. I seek the guidance of the elders,

but my screams and pleas go unheard,

thus falling onto deaf ears.

Why me..

I don't understand what I have done to deserve this...

One day.... (As he slips into dragon hunter mode)

Mmmmm... What is that delicious smell?

FOOD!!!!

Oh, what is this? A piece of parchment? I wonder

what pitiful fool wrote on this parchment that they

are alone in this world. Alone is the best way to be.

Now.. Let's see what food I can find outside of the

corner of this delicious smelling cavern.. I'm starving!

Edited by Charmiepoo

(( Right, my turn to hop into this for a bit of fun. ))

On the Second Day of the Twelvth Month, Great Year Six of the Tamer's Reign

Winter approches very quickly now. The magically-matained lands which the Weyr is permitted to live on have produced a large amount of food for winter living. The food spells and energy transmitters will help a good deal. Marisa and Brymec have been working hard to perfect these.

The central weyr's location is close enough to the warmer climates to allow the place to remain moderately comfortable. Enough so that not all of the non-winter-loving dragons have to desend to the Deepen's upper regions. I'm sure Laweyai and Ssirlin wouldn't mind the company, but the Deepen only has so much space.

So we are settling into winter. The migratory dragon types have already left, the harvests are drifting into hibernation, etc etc. All goes as normal and I dectect no problems so far.

Minti provides regular contact from the Tower. All goes well there as well. Rilji has joined her and the paper dragons there for the winter, as have Tmoria, Bun, and Flagbearer. All the dragons small enough to house there. The place sounds very comfortable from what I hear. They are beginning to set up for midwinter festivities, and what they have planned sounds beautiful. I will not write it here until it is done, but I am sure it will be wonderful and provide a page at least of writing. Perhaps I should visit them soon.

That is all for now.

Signed,

Trija Somatra

(Been gone forever)

Things are settling in for winter, new dragons have arrived and now have joined our family of dragons. Recently, we have received 2 new hatchlings, a sunrise and a nilia. The sunrise female is however, yet to be named. Perhaps I will take that on as a duty and name her myself.

I have had one new child lately. Who is so far unnamed and lives in a different clan. I am yet to have a son, and Aries is wanting one himself. But I'm not sure if I want to have more children, Hadius is a joy to have but, I don't know, with winter coming I do not want to bring a child into it. Our Tamer though claims she will try to get a caveborn or perhaps catch one from the abandoned pile.

Speaking of eggs, the vampires have bitten several, all of which have been killed. I've never liked the vampires, ever since Nicole has came in around four months ago I have been repulsed by the dreadful creatures. One egg has been brought in from another tamer, exchanged for another. While my hearing allows me to hear the heartbeat within the egg, with it I hear only silence. I will stay away from this one like I have with Nicole, Kara, and Vincent. When he (Gordan has influenced it) hatches and reaches maturity, he will bite and take another another innocent life.

Sometimes with the vampires I can't help but wonder what species they would be if not turned. I know Vincent was a Water Walker; which explains his natural love of water. And Kara was an albino, which has left oily and abnormally pale skin (even for a vampire). Her roar is also more of a shriek, somewhat like Jane's.

That is all for now,

Zaelia

On the Twentith Day of the Twelvth Month, Great Year Six of the Tamer's Reign

I finally see what Rilji and Minti and the others at the Tower were planning for this season. The Tower is absolutely covered in small dots of magical light which glitter and change color. I cannot figure out how they did it. Either Mistress or one of the other Magis have to have done something.

The rest of the land around the lake is also decorated fully. Mistress whipped up a snowstorm and now the glittering stuff is everywhere, decorating every bower. There are evergreen branches, holly leaves, and tinsel everywhere in the caves and there are loops of tinsel in every tree. Himishi looks gorgeous with his decoration of tiny colored glass balls and the star on top, though Mistress says she would have liked to have been able to decorate more. We even got out the wreath from last year and hung it up, and Mistress brought out her Holiday Tales book for BD to read aloud. Not that there are many hatchlings in the Weyr nowadays. I suppose Mistress has been very busy recently; she hasn't come around much. Even so, everyone was happy to hear the tales.

Speaking of hatchlings, as soon as the holiday season started, Mistress brought back two normal eggs and one egg unfamiliar to me. The strange egg was apparently very special, as she set up a special incubator for it in the main hall of the Tower, which is always the center of the holiday festivities. (And yes, even large dragons like me can fit into the main hall. It's huge) It is directly underneath the wreath and set on a green velvet cushion.

When I inquired about the egg, she told me it was a Holly egg, one of the rarest of the Holiday Dragons. I see now why she'd put it in such a special place. "When it hatches there will be a celebration. All the Weyr will come." I said to her, and she nodded, then gestured for me to follow her out to the lake.

Some dragons were out there slipping around on the frozen patch Mistress had enchanted for us, but she surrounded herself and me in a soundproofing spell and spoke confidentially to me. Her news shocked me.

She plans on reordering the Weyr, again! It was only during the summer that she last reordered the Weyr and changed it so drastically, most of which has been for the better. She described making it into much smaller family groups with their own homes throughout the Somatra Lands. "We have so much space we aren't even using," she told me, "And the cave is growing rather crowded in my opinion."

"So soon?" I asked.

"No, not until after Midwinter. Much planning, though." She patted my shoulder. "Don't worry, everything will go smoothly."

She told me that I would be staying at the Lake with BD and a few others. New homes would be built and expanded for those who moved, and once everything was settled, things would go much more smoothly, she believed. I have to say, it would be nice to be in just a small group with BD and our friends. The rest of the Weyr gets so hectic sometimes.

"Whatever you wish, my lady." I told her.

"Good." She stood up and went back to the Tower. She's been spending a lot of time there recently, baking and cooking a ton of delicious-smelling foods. I have little idea of why she's spending so much time there, but no matter. We get all the foods she doesn't want, and they are delicious.

Signed,

Trija Somatra

----

Dear Diary,

I am so furious at that Abiline. That sneaky, manipulative doxy of a dragon! She tricked Ohki, precious, gentle Ohki, into believing that she was Sukina, his mate! She ruined the chances of there being children from the couple during the season, something which we are all angry about, especially Mistress, who was furious. Sukina and Ohki were her prize pair, with a beautiful lineage of pink and gold and white. She planned to give their eggs to her friends for Christmas gifts, but it is not to be so. She has threatened Abiline with exhile, and I will not be sad if she goes through with it. The cheating doxy deserves banishment!

Yours furiously,

Urasangi Somatra

Edited by Lilac Inkdream

Dear Diary,

Christmas is nearing and preparations for Santa have begun. Lucky Star and Aura Guardian have been hard at work cooking while Heat and Snow Miser have brought in a nice new tree ripe for decoration. Suddenly, a breeze blew into the cavern and somehow, a HOLLY EGG appeared near the entrance! Phantom was overjoyed, as she wanted a holly ever since she was young. This holly will be her prize, all thanks to whoever left it there.

~Silver Tiger Striped

Dear Diary,

I spoke with Mistress today about the banishment of Abiline. She agrees with me. She is furious at Abiline's actions and agrees that the Snow Angel doxy needs to leave the Weyr. I proposed that perhaps she should be permentantly exhiled from all of Mistress's lands, but she shook her head. "Not yet." She dismissed me.

She then called a meeting of the Weyr at the lake and announced that in light of recent events, Abiline would be made a Disgraced and was ordered to leave the lands of the Weyr. There were no cries of outrage, only murmers of approval.

Ohki came to me after the event, and confided that he feels that Sukina may be angry at him as well for falling for Abiline's trick. I assured him it must not be the case and called Abiline to speak with him and reassure him. After telling her how he felt, Sukina went to him and nuzzled him, assuring him that she still loved him and that she didn't blame him for Abiline's actions.

Now that Abiline is gone, it is time to continue with the season. The mint egg hatched today. Shy hatchling, as always.

Yours,

Urasangi Somatra

----

I must say, I am shocked that Abiline would do such a thing. I never suspected her of being so sly as to trick another's mate into mating with her. Though I myself have been known to seduce young males, I make it a policy to avoid those already with mates, and never ones with so valueable lineages. That Abiline would do such a thing... I cannot say I am happy that she is Disgraced, but she brought it upon herself.

The Beautiful Theodora

Dear journal,

When I hatched, my mom wasn't waiting for me, some human was. I don't know why, but whn he held me, the warmth felt... familiar. I see no other dragons at all.

My human got an egg! I'm gonna have company! I just hope it hatche soon... Anyways, my human has grown on me. And I'm almost a grown up! I'm learning to float on water right now.

I've become a full adult now. I love my human. The other dragon has become a hatchling, too. I hve learned that my species is called a 'Water Stepper', and floating on dense liquids is really easy. I guess it's my special talent. All dragons have a special talent.

The other dragon has grown into adulthood too. We also got some more dragons. My trainer seems to be getting a lot.

The other dragon, a Sun Stone, has grown to be my best friend! Oh, and one of the other dragons is an adult now.

My human has taken the hobby of cooking. He's found a bunch of ingredients like sugar, fruit and herbs. He sometimes feeds foods he makes to us, and they taste so good!

My human has found a magical scroll today. He can write on it, and other people can write on their own, and it shows up on his. He talks back and forth with people. He calls it a 'foum'.

Dear Diary,

The nerve of those idiots! Biting is a blessing, not a curse! And it is certainly not evil. And how can they talk about evil? I think being nosier than the Investigators (another annoying pair of dragons-but at least they're decent and have more sense), attacking innocent dragons whose only crime was looking 'like bad guys', and wearing ridiculous clothes that look like they should be on the molls in the seedier parts of human villages is much more evil than biting an egg with the permission of the parents of said egg.

Etherleid and Levarias recommended I return to writing in this journal and let my anger out in a 'productive way'. And I suppose kicking the Magical Dragoness Alliance's scaly hindquarters is not 'productive'? Very well. I shall document what happened.

Etora and Semondac -Pushy, but I like them. I get on well with them even though both of them are still visibly suspicious of me after months- have been trying to have red dragon children since forever commenced. They keep producing Dac's species, Grays. Grays are a mighty species and looking at my lineage, I am half-gray. I was probably most likely a Gray before my egg was bitten, but I'm going off the subject at hand. On Christmas Day-Such a Wonderful Holiday! I loooovvvveee this celebration the humans made up! There are many great things about Christmas. First, everything. Second, everything including everything! The lights, delicious looking food (can't eat any of it myself unless its blood, sadly), and gifts and holiday joy-Oh, I'm digressing again. It isn't my fault Christmas is SO CHARMINGLY GREAT! But anyway, they decided to approach me today. Both were clearly disappointed, and asked me to bite their egg. I was reluctant, as biting has a chance of killing. I don't want to end up killing a friend's offspring! Then again, the cave could do with more vampires.

After a long hour of trying to talk them out of this, restating the risks, and assuring them any child of theirs was great no matter what breed they were (not sure if the last one got through though), I finally decided to bite the Gray egg.

Amazingly, it did not die. I had done it! Etora and Dac looked at their transformed egg. I could tell that they were slightly disgusted by it, and I started wondering whether or not I made the right decision. Would these two take care of the egg properly?

I got ready to offer my help in assisting them in rearing the vampire egg when I was tackled by a silver dragon in a ridiculous outfit. Great. It was Magical Denizen Tenzeir, or Tennie. Founder of the Magical Dragoness Alliance (MDA) in which the only member besides herself was Tamarron. Tamarron was a decent enough dragoness, but seemed to take after Ainuri in being an uptight grump. That is, unless Tennie's nearby. She simply allows her friend to do whatever idiocy she pleases and goes along with it. I've heard she has had a history of not being able to make friends easily. Poor girl. Mary, as she likes to be called, was also there. Tennie got off of me and started doing their stupid poses, making sparkles appear out of nowhere and saying their rather ridiculous motto. I feel awkward just thinking about it, so I shall not write it here.

They then proceeded to denounce me as evil for one: being a vampire dragon. And two: biting an egg. When Etora explained they gave me permission to, they screamed at her and Dac for 'allowing this evil being to corrupt' the egg. Granted, they did have a right to be horrified at the fact the two were willing to take the chance their baby would be killed in the vampirization. Still, it was their decision.

Dac tried to take the egg and hide it under his wing before the MDA stopped their self-righteous screaming and hurt the egg, but Mary saw what he was doing.

"Now you decide to protect your precious child? Too late. I deem you not being worthy of being a father, let alone being worthy of this egg." She tore the egg from his claw with her magic. Etora, Dac and I were enraged at this point and lunged at the Magi. The commotion was drawing the attention of many other dragons, including my lovely Etherleid. Most of them were also rushing at Mary, so it seemed like the egg would be back in the warm nest of its parents in no time.

Keyword: seemed.

Panicking, Mary made the magical glow around the egg brighten. And in a flash, the latest child of Etora and Dac was gone.

I have the night shift on border patrol, so I'll write more if I can.

Drasphenine

((Can someone critique this?))

Journal of Suzume Tsukehara, a Swallowtail

I finally have time to write, and for some much needed rest, after my arrival. My clan leader sent me here to gain some experience in the world, and I'm really grateful for that. I was always a wanderer by nature, not one to sit on my bottom in my den.

This clan is quite different from mine far in the East, but the dragons here seem friendly enough. They call their clan Thoiris, as a whole, but the leader has kindly explained to me that it is divided into several smaller groups, like the Noble Ember clan, the Lumina clan, the Ever Dream, the Magi academy, and so on. I'm impressed by its sheer size. Over a thousand dragons, wow - that sure is a change. There I was thinking that we were a large clan! This is precisely why I'm here, to expand my views. I don't think I'll be staying in one place so I can explore the vast territories.

Beside the leader, or archess as she calls herself, I've met the rest of the Elders today, and some important leaders of the other clans too. Though most of them were nice and welcoming to me, I'm worn out from all the formalities. The leader's name is Zaraya. She is a whiptail, the oldest dragonness of the clan, and you can tell that she's been through a lot. I like the Ever Dream's leader, Innatu; he's also one of the older dragons but you couldn't guess that, nor could you tell that he comes from the Thuwed line. He isn't arrogant at all, and he was by far the least serious at the meeting, always making playful jokes.

It's a pity I arrived just after the Christmas celebration. From what others had to say, I'm sure I'd have enjoyed it.

It already looks like I'm successful; not to brag, but the Ember clan's leader, arche Zaryco, saw me practising my aim on the forest animals, and he looked intrigued. After we talked for a bit, he offered me the job of guarding his son, Zye. I said maybe, Zaryco introduced me to him right away and I ended up spending several hours learning and talking to the other three guards. To tell the truth, I was glad to be out of there. The three Embers seem cool, if a bit bitter, but I really don't like the young archet himself. From what I've seen, he's a typical narcissistic Lumina with quite an attitude, incredibly prissy and uptight, and he talked to me like I was inferior to him. No wonder the two Ember guards, Ledzo and Magraln, hate his guts. Nevertheless, I'm taking the job, since Zaryco has offered me some nice favours for it. After all, I'm just going to be watching him, not talking to him much. Hopefully.

What I'm more curious about is, what is a Lumina doing in the Ember clan? The archet does look like a crossbreed, with the eyes and whatnot, but I thought Zaraya said these two clans were enemies. I need to ask Zaryco next time I'm there.

-Suzume

----------------------

Journal of Dragula, a Vampire hatchling

I haven't touched this journal in quite a while, but now that Orlageddon is busy fiddling with her gingerbread house and won't talk to me, I've been bored out of my mind.

Speaking of the house, I really don't see why Orlageddon's so dedicated to decorating it. She's sworn not to touch it anymore three times, and right now she's making changes again. She gave me a horrified look when I asked if I could eat it, so I guess that's a no. It sure looks tasty, though. If she wants to preserve it, she might need to hide it from the Sweetlings.

I'm quite curious about the new Christmas dragons. Ours have hatched, but they don't even have their wings yet. Word is spreading that they will be male, just like the Heartseekers and last year's Winter Magi. Orlageddon has been gushing over the hatchlings's cuteness and insisted on naming them. She wound up naming one Joulun Laulu and the other one Onnen Poika. I don't know the language, but she explained their meanings, too: "Christmas Song" and "Son of Fortune". Even if I don't understand the language, I do like the names, they sound very gentle and fitting for the dragons.

~Dragula

I'm giving my ember hatchie a journal too!Will post the first page today smile.gif

Dear Journal,

When i hatched,i felt someone say sitting next to me to keep my warm.It was a small,blue dragon and i thought it was a hatchling too,but it was one of The Adults.He wasnt the only one.There were 2 Christmas Dragons who were always together and they protected us all.In front of me,there stood The Grand Master.I dont know his name,but he isnt a dragon.He is a human.He is tall,his hair is blonde and he wears sunglasses all the time.The Adults told me that he raised them from eggs and he loves all his dragons.He also loves me.After i hatched,i fell quite tired so i layed in the hay,and next to me were 2 other mature hatchlings.There is nothing more beatiful than a Daydream Dragon like Pisces Sagitta.Her pink cloud follows her everywhere and she says it's very comfy to sleep on.I hope so.Lunar Strike is my best friend now.He is a Moonstone dragon and he is the oldest of our little group.Today he said that his master promiced to find him a Sunstone dragon and he's going to have eggs too.He said im going to be the godfather.Today,Grand Master finally said my name:Mr Bliss.I think that's all

Mr Bliss

Dear Journal,

When i woke up today,i felt different.I looked around for Lunar Strike but i didnt see him anywhere.Why was he outside?Wasn't he supposed to be sleeping now?I heard The Adults talking in the other barn.I left Pisces Sagitta and i secretly entered The Adults' barn.I was shocked.Lunar Strike was no longer a mature hatchling!He was one of The Adults now!They were talking silently and all i could hear is about a war.I'm scared now because i dont think i'm capable of fighting with other warrior experts.I returned to my barn and then Grand Master came with a smile on his face.He screamed:Look at you!You are now a mature hatchling!And indeed,i was.I could feel my wings and a portion of my body has gone black,althought i was still blazing.

I have never been to the Eggs barn.But this was my first time in there.It was really hot in there and i wished i could stay inside forever.It gave me a lot of energy.Three eggs were lying in there.A Nebula egg,a Hellfire Wyvern egg and a Turpentine egg.Grand Master toke extra care of them and he even slept inside the barn.That's enough for today

Mr Bliss

The journal of Iggy Lore, a frozen Purple Dorsal

Dear Journal,

Why is life so confusing? Last night I went to sleep thinking about the eggs in the nursery cave, especially the little mint one. It looked so cute laying there, buried in a nest of stones and old, dried grass. But this morning when I woke up and went into the nursery I did not see the little minty egg. In the nest where it had been was only a pile of egg shells. That egg died. I do not know why or when or how, just that it is dead and I feel sad. The adults say there will be more, but I only want that mint one.

Forever,

Iggy Lore

Caretaker's Notes: It has been a long while since I went to visit my dragons; little over a year. But I had never forgotten about them. I came back to the Valley to find them still living and thriving well, protected by the Elite Guardians, and caring for several individuals of new species; my first Purple, Lily Dust, still plays a doting surrogate mother to them. I had noticed that many of my dragons though had recently renamed themselves, and so I thought it easier to call them by new monikers; they were still the same dragons as I had remembered anyway.

As I walked along the old ruins watched over by the Stride clan and their descendants, I found a dropped journal by one of the many Whites, Nexus Lhiannan, who is the creator of a library of the Valley's history. I read a recent entry while I moved off to visit him:

To My Journal:

I can barely believe the fortune that had awaited me as I was coming back from another foray to the Contessa's castle to record the growth of her vampire coven.

I sometimes have visitors to my library; mostly new children of the Stride or Dust clans who want to learn more about their history than their forbears would tell. But my latest visitor was one of the Cave-Born, stolen to be raised by the Great Matron of the Dust Clan. She is a Ridgewing with striking violet colors and very sleek stripes on her unique wings. Her name is Fair Dorsa; she does find it amusing when I call her "Fair Lady". Her interest in this valley's strong history is enthusiastic, and her personality is very uplifting.

I have never spent much time around the Wandering females, so I do not know if what I am feeling is true; but I think I am enamored. I find my self enjoying her company immensely when she visits, and thinking of her when she is gone. And she seems to find happiness in being around me, too.

I must ask her soon. For now though, it is hard enough keeping to my books or even writing in this journal; I keep losing focus and staring off into space!

Yours,

Nexus of Lhiannan.

I found myself chuckling. I never thought of the eloquent, bookish Nexus as a romantic. But when I entered his library, I found him reading in a "nest-desk" with a pile of books at one side, a Ridgewing similar to the very one he had described on the other...and a tiny, just-matured White hatchling poking through a shelf! Oh, the things I have missed seeing here in my absence...

He thanked me for returning the journal, and told me that the child was a daughter named Alexia Dorsa; she had picked a human name from a book herself. He said that she'll be keeping a journal herself, soon. I certainly looked forward to reading more from that sweet little family!

Dear Journal,

To be honest, I'm not sure what to write here. Our raiser gave me this so that I could put anything I wanted to.

I think we were mainly taught to read because our raiser spends so much time buried in a book or a scroll, and didn't want us to feel neglected. PleaseSlowDownAlready can't sit still long enough to learn, but he likes it when our raiser reads stories aloud. Chicken and I both like the stories, too, but we don't need them read for us.

I have to admit, I do like my new name better than my hatchling name. Our raiser looked ashamed when I got hold of the scroll and read what I'd been named, but not enough to change it. (Who in their right name responds to 'It's a cute baby dragon!' with 'Not sure cute is the right word'?) Brutal Elegance is so much better. Not that this is stopping me from reacting (I am not sulking, whatever our raiser might have noted on the scroll) to reminders. If Chicken can play on our raiser's sensibilities to get extra treats, why shouldn't I?

Our raiser makes a point of going regularly to look at the pile of abandoned eggs - apparently that's where we all came from. I'm not sure how 'looking' turned into 'picking up four of them' a few days ago, but then, neither is our raiser. I suppose having more dragons around might be nice - at least there'll be others for Chicken to steal the food from. (I don't care what she says, there's a line between scavenging and stealing, and she's crossed it.) Our raiser is also part of a 'daycare', where lots of raisers help each other look after eggs and hatchlings. If it weren't for their help, I doubt any of us would have reached adulthood - not that I'm ever going to let our raiser know that.

Perhaps I should hide this scroll once I've finished writing on it.

The four eggs all hatched at nearly the same time. Our raiser's glee is swiftly vanishing, thanks to the continual mess the last hatchling (a different breed of pygmy to Chicken) is making of the books and scrolls. PleaseSlowDownAlready has tried to stop it, but it started showing a little too much interest in his tail and our raiser snatched it away, scribbling a note about knotted tails that had Chicken and I wincing in sympathy. Saying it aloud might give the hatchling ideas (if it doesn't have them already)... but, of course, PleaseSlowDownAlready can't read. So now he has something to play on to get extra treats.

Our raiser also isn't sure what to make of the fact that two of the hatchlings don't move. Neither am I, to be honest, though one of them just seems to be nocturnal - though the changing colours are a little strange. Smooth Translucency is well-behaved, though a little stand-offish, but that's just as well with the amount of effort that goes into raising lascive (our raiser says it was an accident that that is the only name among us which doesn't start with a capital letter. We adults have our doubts. Apparently it means 'playful' in some old language, which seems rather ingenuous of our raiser.)

PleaseSitDownAlready has managed to tie lascive up in his tail, and our raiser is singing about 'fill the sails', which means we're going to hear another story. I'll continue this some other time.

And if Chicken wants a journal, she can get a scroll from our raiser for herself instead of trying to steal mine. I mean it, Chicken! If I find you've written on this, I'll shock you so hard you can't fly for a week!