Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

Hehe, this looks like fun. Make it... I Have Hemophobia, my newest white hatchling... yep. This should be interesting indeed.

I think I've developed a phobia. The phobia of blood. Today, Foster Child and Anjum were playing around and she scratched his wing a bit harder than she meant to, and there was SO MUCH BLOOD. Okay, maybe I'm overreacting just a bit- after all, it was only a small wound, but it did seem to bleed an awful lot. Well, Moss Ball came back from hunting with Daich a few minutes later and, well, you know how she gets. Almost as soon as she smelled blood, she started running around screaming about how the end was near and soon we would all be murdered in our nests. It took a whole half hour for Daich to calm her down, and she still won't come out from behind some random boulder all because she thinks she's going to be killed the second she sets foot out of the cave. *sigh*

Well, anyway, I saw the blood and... I dunno. I guess I got a little scared or something, because the next thing I knew I had Changing Earth and Angel's Being hovering over me asking if I was okay. They said that I'd passed out upon seeing the blood and diagnosed me with hemophobia. I have NO IDEA what that is, truthfully. Then again, I am only two days old, so I suppose I have a lot to learn about life.

Edited by azila

Early Winter, Warm 18/02/11

Wow, did those foals ever grow up fast! My foal, Seeker's Deception, is being mated with Twilight. I'm not sure how I feel about that but, if that is what the Mistress wants, that's how its going to be. Ritual is being mated to Twilight's foal Oracle, so the herd is growing I guess. Glorified Pride is big now too and aggressive for a female Horse Dragon. She takes after her father obviously with her mothers stuck up ways. Luckily it seems once you're paired up with a stallion, you seem to get kicked out of the cave and out into the field. I really do miss having Twilight around at times, she was gentle, patient and wise. I hope I raised my foal right because I'd like to see how her foal turns out. Left in the Cave is myself, Honour, and the newest: Seeker's Oath.

I wonder what Medivah and Allessia actually do all the time, I never actually see them in the Cave or the field. Strange, there hasn't been any foals to babysit recently as of late either. Nor has the Mistress been around to visit or when she does she seemed stressed out. I guess changes are coming, I don't like change much.

~Unity

Sonre: Female black dragon, leader of Clawclan

It's been quite a windy morning thus far. I had to send the hunting party back to the cave because of the strong wind currents coming in, and Daich nearly crashed into a boulder on the way back. She seems unhurt aside from a small bruise, but I sent her to Changing Earth just in case. The last thing we need at this time of year is injuries of any kind. Everything appears to be as usual around the territory- the only thing I could notice was that Nessie Is Real's lake was becoming rather choppy from the wind. I told Artic Spirit about this, and she replied that he and Changing Tide would both be fine as long as they dove deep enough. I hope what she says is true, as I could not bear it if one of my fellow clanmates got hurt. Azila visited earlier today just to see how we were getting about. I told her that the wind was making it rather hard to send out patrols, and she told me that the best thing to do would be to wait it out and hope for the best. I've asked Dewet if she's had any visions about the storm, but she says her dreams have become clouded- she'll notify me if she senses anything, however. Most of the dragons seem perfectly content to stay in the cave, all except for Looming Storm- he keeps saying that this is nothing compared to the storms he could conjure up and that we're all cowering in fear of absolutely nothing. I really hope I can muster up the nerve to knock some sense into that male. He's becoming far too arrogant for his own good. Fayah and Krever seem to have done well navigating the winds- I would expect nothing less, however, as they are Skywing dragons. I am a bit puzzled, however, as to why Krever shows no interest in mating- it would be nice to have some grandchildren around the cave. Who knows, perhaps Azila will set him up with a nice female of some sort. I have to wonder. The hatchlings are playing quite comfortably away from the wind, with Striped Masterpiece watching over them. The two valentine dragons, Romance In the Air and Sweet Temptation, appear to be quite playful and healthy, the horse dragon, A Campfire Song, seems normal- well, as normal as horse dragons can be, that is- and the winter seasonal, Melting Icicles, seems quite mischievous as well. I hope we can force the habit of trying to freeze everything in sight out of it, as that could present a problem in the future. I Have Hemophobia has grown up into a healthy enough adult- which is surprising, since she was forced out of her egg as a hatchling. The only thing is, I fear she cannot go into the medical field because of her fear of blood and injuries in general. Moss Ball, as usual, is worried sick about the storm. Sooner or later, we'll have to do something about this intense fear of hers. She's jumpier than a cornered fox, and it's certainly not doing the rest of the clan any good to hear her whining all day long. Daich has tried time and time again to calm her down, but she still insists on clinging to her like she's some sort of mutated tree limb. Other than that, all appears to be normal in Clawclan. For now, we are waiting and hoping that this storm lets up soon. I can tolerate bad weather, but I will NOT let it interfere with our normal duties.

Artic Spirit, female winter seasonal, advisor of Sonre and Fayah

Well, today I tried to go on a hunting patrol, and the blasted wind almost slammed me into a tree trunk. I came back from the patrol feeling rather ticked off and in no mood to cooperate with anyone, and the only thing I complied to, albeit rather reluctantly, was to let the hatchlings climb on me a bit and snuggle up against my underbelly. Melting Icicles and the others have asked me if I'll teach them how to fly once they've grown wings. I really think that's a job better left up to Striped Masterpiece, as she has more patience than I do with these matters. I love hatchlings, don't get me wrong, but seeing as they have the attention span of a squirrel, teaching them can be rather difficult. Looming Storm, of course, keeps bragging about the storm and how "mature and important" dragons don't need to fear storms. I have a right mind to go over there and give him an important black eye if he doesn't shut his oversized mouth. Then again, unneeded violence isn't bound to solve anything, so for now I'll keep quiet and let Sonre deal with him. I do hope that this wind lets up soon, however. Winter, naturally, is my favorite season, but occasionally it does get a bit carried away with its brilliance. Maybe I'll ask Licking Electrical Sockets to go out and see if she can shift the wind around or make it a little less violent. At least she has an ounce of common sense, unlike some others I could mention. I gave orders to each and every one of the clan to stay in the cave unless told otherwise. Some of them grumbled about this for a bit, but I was persistent enough to eventually persuade them. Though, I have caught that new vampire female giving me some looks... Phantom In the Mist, is it? Well, as far as I can tell, she hates me- given the fact that I'm not too fond of vampires in general, it works itself out. They're a shady bunch, that's for sure. She seems to be upholding her oath to not bite any of the eggs unless told otherwise, though I have seen her glancing down at the hatchlings with a strange gleam in her eye. I'll remind Sonre to set up a guard in the area where the hatchlings sleep, just to be safe. One can never tell with a vampire. Moss Ball, as usual, is terrified of the storm, but as far as I can tell Daich's doing a pretty good job at calming her down. Daich is a good match for her, but I do wish she'd stop being so clingy. Sometimes I think that the only reason she stays in the clan is to have a bodyguard around. I'm not fond of dragons who can't fend for themselves, but I guess it's for the better, as long as it gets her to shut up. I do care about Moss, I really do, but her constant whining is beginning to get on everybody's nerves. Taffy Princess, as usual, is complaining that the wind is blowing all sorts of muck into her scales. Now THERE'S a dragon that I can't stand in the least. Taffy is impulsive, arrogant, never knows when to shut up, and isn't very sensitive to other people's feelings. All of the qualities that I can't stand in a dragon, especially a respectable female. Her obsessiveness with personal hygiene is also frowned upon- sometimes, I feel half-tempted to push her into a mud puddle just to see how she would react. Forgive me if I sound more ill-tempered than usual- I'm still a bit weary from trying to fly through the storm. I just hope that it lets up soon, because I don't want to see anyone injured in it. I may be a winter seasonal, who are known for being cold and unfathomable, but that doesn't mean that I don't care about others.

Edited by azila

Yeah...

Well, aside from Zailik killing an egg I missed him biting, everything is ok again! Not really. Hardly. The ceiling is fixed- was fixed- a few days ago but thanks to the recent snow we got the weak roof caved in again... but that was to the entrance. THE ENTRANCE! So now, needless to say, we're all stuck. Guardian Ryuu is currently trying to have the Geodes and Stones clear the rubble away for the entrance again while I'm stuck watching the other eggs as the vampires are beginning to circle me... Why DH had to send the other Guardians outside for a 'meeting' and leave Ryuu here alone to watch the older dragons while I watched the eggs, frozen hatchlings and hatchlings I haven't a clue. Truthfully, I never thought any dragon other than the pygmies we have could fit through this hole to the "Frozen Cave" where every frozen hatchling resides. That and the other hatchlings, but vampires? They can fit? I don't think so. But they're here... taunting, threatening and all to get the eggs and winter hatchling even though they know this hatchling isn't able to be turned anymore. So, while Ryuu is taking care of everyone else and the few other frozens who went to look for the zombie are gone, I'm here in our sub-cave alone with 3 eggs, a winter hatchling and many many vampires.

Wish me luck,

~Frozen Black Guardian Zail

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Thorngarth, female red dragon, hunter of Clawclan

Well, another successful hunting party, if I do say so myself. We managed to come back with two large deer and an elk. The elk was a bit harder to take down, though, as it seemed to not want to go down without a fight, and it was trashing around terribly while I was simply trying my best to hang onto it. Between Fayah and I, we finally managed to tire it out enough to deliver the killing blow. When we came back after rejoicing over our kills, however, we ran into a... bit of a situation with the hatchlings- or, I guess you could say, the remaining hatchling. Out of nowhere, Sweet Temptation barreled into us with a terrifed look in her eyes, saying something about Looming Storm telling her that if she wasn't a good little hatchling and followed orders, something called a "Lagmonster" was going to come and eat her up, and then it would make the cave collapse on top of us while it ran away laughing. Naturally, I was furious with him. That INFERNAL grey dragon, how DARE he scare the hatchlings like that? The only remotely bad thing that Lagmonsters do is keep owners from reaching their dragons, and while they do have an awful temper, as far as I know they've never hurt a dragon beyond the point of electrocuting them. I went right over to him and demanded to know why he had scared her like that, and he replied that she had asked about the Lagmonster and he'd told her what he'd heard about them. I simply said that unless he wanted to get some VERY ugly wounds, he'd better shut up and bother to get his facts straight before he goes rambling on like that. I'll have to talk to Azila about banishing him, as he's becoming an egotistical jerk. I know this course of action may seem a bit drastic, but it may be the only course of action to take if he keeps carrying on like this. In other news, I've seen Undoubted Dominance talking with that new vampire female- quite frankly, it gives me the creeps. Knowing how badly she wants to take over the leadership position from Sonre, no good can come of this. Most likely, she's trying to ally with her so they can revolt against Sonre and Fayah. Why anyone would want to ally with a vampire dragon is beyond me, but Undoubted Dominance isn't exactly the most mentally stable of dragons. I'll have to keep an eye on her and see what she's up to. The rest of the dragons have become rather restless as well... but maybe it's just because we've been holed in the cave with snow as of late. We are working on clearing it out, of course, and so far it seems to be coming along well. We certainly don't want it hardening into ice, because then it could really cause a problem. I've heard of some caves where the roofs collasped because of snow and ice. Since this is a fairly new cave, that probably won't be happening anytime soon, but you never know. Changing Earth and Cloud Painter are working on creating a new section of the cave for the valentine dragons to sleep in, once the female grows up- which she's bound to do at any given moment now. Knowing Cloud, he'll probably try to do one of his "cave renovations" in there. Just so long as he doesn't try to create any furniture for them, it's fine with me. I don't know what a dragon would need furniture for, but then again, I am one of the oldest members of the clan. I suppose it's only natural to try and stick to the old way of doing things.

Undoubted Dominance, female Frilled dragon, protector of the cave

When I take over leadership of the clan, that miserable excuse for a red dragon will be the first to be demoted from her rank. I've noticed the way that she's been looking at me lately, and I'm sure she suspects something. Shoot me looks all you want, Thorngarth. It won't help you in the long run. I deserve to be the leader rather than Sonre, I would lead the clan to victory in battle, and I would make Clawclan great! Nobody else! Nobody but me! With Phantom In the Mist by my side, we could accomplish anything! I met with her the other day- or, more like it, night- in private to discuss the matter of just how we would go about conquering the clan. Those crimson eyes can be slightly intimidating when you're looking into them, but I was firm and held my ground while we conversed. There you go, yet another reason why I should the leader of the clan.

"And what will you give me in return for thissss little... uprissssing?" she had asked me.

"Everything you could want, my friend. Why should you be limited to biting only certain eggs? With me, you could bite all the eggs you want." I replied, watching as an unsettling and greedy glow crept into her eyes.

"I will join you... on one condition. You mussst help me to cure thisss... condition of mine." Mist has a lovely, hissing sort of voice that sounds like wind rustling through leaves. It could be a great speaking voice if we worked enough volume into it. If she plays her cards right, she'll end up being my advisor when all this is said and done.

I am forbidden to even talk about this condition, she says, because no one else knows of it, and she doubts they ever will. Let's just say that she has trouble controlling it and that it happens during the day. And, quite frankly, she's sick of it. I'm sure we could find a cure for it, however, given enough time. This is what I've learned over the years- learn to have patience, and the things you want most will come to you.

(Last time: Alabi, Tesky, and Angel set off on a mission. Angel was excited and ready to embark on her first ever chance to prove herself. The brainwashing of Creorluna is working miracles--or nightmares--on both their psyches, but affecting both in different ways. Along the way, Alabi is uncharacteristically cold and short with them both. Tesky is a little bit annoyed with the behavior, but also is almost hurt. Then Tesky guesses at what is going on; Alabi's estranged brother has gone missing. This is there mission: to locate Zero and handle him to whatever end. The group are eventually forced to settle down for the night, though Alabi makes it clear by his behavior he would rather not be forced to babysit this once. The moment they've bedded down, Alabi disappears. Tesky moves to follow, but finds himself unable to bring himself to leave a sleeping Angel behind. He resigns to his fate and goes to sleep. Meanwhile, Alabi is busy lost in a sea of turmoil. These are the seeds for his later rebellion against Creorluna. He contemplates his past; his parents, both he believes to be dead, his brother and the odd relationship they share, and finally his new-found friends Tesky and Angel. He considers leaving to find Zero himself; the hatchlings are slowing him. Ultimately, he decides leaving the duo to fend for themselves goes against everything he has learned.)

The sun hadn't risen yet, but I'm more of an early bird. Whereas Tesky stays up at night, fretting over the day and would likely sleep until the earth ended if we let him, I see the sun go down and so do my eyelids.

I was pleasantly surprised to find Alabi curled around both of us protectively. The boys don't often give me enough credit on how much I actually know what's going on. I just don't go mouthing it off. It was obvious something was up. Alabi wasn't himself at all yesterday. His usual mood was made foul.

I shifted out carefully, not wanting to wake anyone but also not wanting to lie there awake for hours on ends, which given Tesky was fairly likely. I sampled the air, picking up the scent of a small mammal. A mouse, six feet or so in front of me. Quickly, I rushed it, for once my claws hit their mark. Guess the early bird gets killed and the later one will be getting the worm.

Upon the small crest of the hill I began to eat my breakfast, watching for traces of color in the sky.

I could feel another presence near me before I saw him. Alabi was sitting on his haunches. He'd come up here surprisingly quietly for such a big dragon. Neither of us spoke for a moment, just watched as bright swatches of color heralded a new day.

"Thanks, Alabi," I spoke up suddenly.

He turned to me, confusion upon his face. "For what?"

"For not leaving last night," He gave me a look. "I'm not that oblivious."

"You're important to me," He said.

"So is Zero," I countered. He paused.

I looked up at him, an idea forming in my mind. "After we've got Zero back, we should do something. The three of us, non-work-related."

I might as well have been speaking blasphemy from the way Alabi was looking at me. I couldn't help but laugh and after a moment's confusion, Alabi was laughing too. We were both near the edge of hysteria from one thing or another and it was good to just let it all go.

"Can you two please shut it!" Moaned a familiar voice. "I think you sufficiently woke up the whole goddamn forest now."

More laughter. I'm glad looks can't kill because I think Tesky would have slain us both right then and there.

~Angel

(Tesky's is setting up the plot for the next two and also going over what I picture the Lands of Elders, Ferox, Nebbia, and Equinox to look like. This little trio is going to go all over those goddamn hills over time. Note: Equinox does not, at this time, exist. Alabi, Tesky, and Angel will meet all three of their leaders, witness the disbanding and destruction of Black Grave before seeing the birth of Equinox.)

I didn't get to brood long enough before Alabi had us on the move again.

The gorge we were traveling opened up after a few miles into a vast woodland, with a ring of gleaming mountains. Coming out from between the largest two was a massive waterfall, leading down to a river. Another mountain also had another set of falls; this one's waters forming iridescent rainbows where the water began to fall. The bases of both falls lead to vast rivers, flowing diagonally toward one another. They met several miles downstream. In a gap between the mountains I could see the glimmer of what I presumed to be the sea. There was even a great meadow. It all looked so much more fertile than the termite mounds of home...why did we live there when there was a paradise like this only three or four miles away? In the sky...were those birds? I looked to Alabi.

"We're on enemy turf now. Be on guard." Those birds were...dragons? I must have said it out loud because Alabi spoke up. "Yes , those are dragons. These are the rest of the Northern Clans. Ferox, Elders, and Nebbia."

The names rung a bell from somewhere, but I couldn't pinpoint just from where at that moment.

“What do you know about them?” I asked innocently enough. Alabi gave me an odd look. Like he was trying to seize me up.

Just when I thought he wasn’t going to say anything, he began to speak in a slow steady voice. “Ferox is the root of everything, of course. Even our clan. It’s a massive clan, loosely tied together and segmented into maybe a hundred or so pieces.

“There’s a lead pair, whose widely respected in the clan, but no one pair is in control of all of them. For quite some time it’s been Aladu and Beoruza.

“Elders was created when a human took in six hatchlings from Ferox. Rosiline, Heart’s Blood, Bolero, Macau, Stars, and Ramor. These are the six leaders now. Theirs is the biggest of the conjoint clans and that number just grows bigger and bigger.

“Nebbia fragmented off of them, convinced that they no longer functioned as they should. Which was true, at the time.”

“And us?” Angel asked. Alabi was quiet for a moment.

“Izdati broke off from Ferox a long time ago, with a few select members. Creorluna members come from all the Northern clans.”

It didn’t take much of a brain to figure out that there was something Alabi was leaving out. Not that I cared to know what it was. Knowing Alabi, he left it out for a reason.

-Tesky

(finish later. Still have formatting and Alabi's left.)

The Northern Clan Territory.

I can't believe I'm back again. My mind flashes to three months prior. Blood, fire, anguished cries. How the land has healed so rapidly. Rebounding, green grows. The water still flows and animals still bustle around us. I can hear them faintly, unnerved by the presence of foreign predators.

Tesky and Angel romp through the forests. I can't blame for having fun. They've never been in such a lush environment. Not since they were here last. Neither are fully attuned to the idea that this was once their home.

Edited by Pinkie

Unnamed Whiptail egg

I'm nearly ready to hatch, I think, judging from the big hole in my egg. I can see a bit of the cave out of it, and it's... a lot bigger than I was expecting. It's huge compared to the image I had in my mind of it. Then again, it does have to be big enough to hold adult dragons, so I guess I should have seen that coming. I've been observing a few of the dragons out of the hole- a black female and a striped have been looking at me, muttering about when I'm going to hatch. Apparently, the black is called Sonre. She's the leader of our clan. The white striped female is the hatchling caretaker, so she's going to be caring for us after we hatch. I sure hope I can get that over with soon. It's becoming kind of cramped in this tiny little egg. I was sole witness to a strange thing yesterday, however. A HUMAN walked right into our cave, and the clan actually let her get past the cave entrance. I thought to myself, she must either be incredibly brave or stupid. Although, I'm not sure that she is entirely human. One minute, I was looking at her as a human, and the next there was a bright flash of light and a large wolf with blue eyes and a white pelt was sitting there, staring intently at my egg. To my surprise, she could actually speak telpathically to all of the dragons.

"How long will it be before it hatches, Azila?" So that was the human's name. I liked it and how it seemed to roll right off your tongue.

"Judging by that large crack, Sonre, I'm guessing that the egg will hatch anywhere in the next day or so."

"Eh, another Whiptail. Just what we need, another crazy moron to look after." This time, a Frilled female spoke up in mocking tones. I decided I didn't like her very much.

The wolf promptly turned into a tiger, a loud snarl escaping her throat. "Listen here, you egotistical jerk. You may not be the sanest of dragons, but while I'm here I expect to see respect towards your fellow clanmates. One more word out of you, and you'll find yourself in the Wilderness faster than you could fly to the ocean and back."

Wow. Talk about a reprimand. Well, that seemed to shut the Frilled up, because no dragon wants to be banished from their own cave. The human left a short time after, muttering something about going to see if there were any Hellfire Wyvern eggs in the main cave. As I curled up to go back to sleep, a small smile wormed its way onto my face. I think I'm going to enjoy living here.

Early Winter, Cold 24/02/11

'Nothing ever seems to change then all of a sudden, everything changes.' I never understood what that meant before, the Mistress said that a long time ago, that day it was really warm. Well, the next few days after that were rather warm and the Mistress decided to call a meeting today and I'm supposed to take notes. I guess because I can write? Anyway, I better get started... She forgot to give me paper so I guess I'll just use this here. I need to remind her to get me more ink. Maybe I'll try writing differently, the Mistress needs cheering up.

As she looked about the assembled the herd she could see the fractions and divisions among us. It is strange, the fact only Medivah is at her side, Allessia is not. She seemed unfazed by this, Medivah on the other hand looks lost. Before the Mistress could speak, a gust of wind passed and blew all our manes, in Medivah's was weaved a golden ribbon. It really isn't his colour I must admit. The others especially Glory and Pride seemed displeased by this and tossed their heads. Medivah snorted and pawed, arching his neck. Glory stepped forward threateningly and the Mistress moved between two, saying how it would not do to fight right now.

Pride nudged her mate and Glory stepped back, though Medivah still seemed on edge. Finally everyone seemed settled down enough to let her talk. She pulled out a map and laid it on the ground in front of us. I do not think the others can read but, it seemed to show the area we lived in. "The time has come now, that we make ready" she began and I knew I would not like what she had to say. "There is something I have been keeping from you all, they are called Vampires. They bite the eggs of dragons and make more Vampires. Well, I kept a few because I find them kind of... Cute?" I tossed my head, knowing I was right.

"See, I have another cave of other dragons, that's where Medivah and Allessia came from. Well Medivah and Allessia have a little colt by the name of Akivas. The Vampires have been wondering why there has not been as many eggs for them to bite as of late. They set a spy on us one day and he told the others where the eggs have been going and that upset the Vampires. Since only that one Vampire, Medivah and Allessia know where you are, its not a big deal right now. Or at least, I think its not. I never knew Vampires would attack adult dragons, I do now. Several of them attacked Allessia and her colt. Medivah was with me at time or else everything would have been all right." Medivah nudged the Mistress because she was getting upset.

"Allessia protected the eggs she was guarding. Akivas was playing with some of the hatchlings but, when he heard the sounds of the fighting he noticed a vampire coming for the hatchlings and he attacked the vampire. By now most of the other dragons heard the rebellion and ended it. Except the female Vampire carried off Akivas, as I guess, revenge. Allessia will be all right but, I'm worried because some the vampires, Embers and Hellfires left the main cave, that there could be more rebellion. It's not a good place to raise eggs in a place like that you see..." She stopped, Medivah's head turned to look behind him and he snorted a little in surprise.

Allessia and a helpless looking white dragon appeared, Allessia's once glossy purple hide had dark marks on it now. Probably from the claws and fangs of the Vampires. Medivah walked over to her and nuzzled her. We noticed two other things about her, she was limping on her back left leg and she too had a ribbon. The White dragon, called Siriva was carrying 4 eggs, one being a horse egg and shooing 3 hatchlings, one also being a foal that was sticking very close to the injured Allessia. This was probably why Medivah had been so touchy before. The Mistress hugged Allessia's neck and then hugged the foal. She said something I didn't hear to Siriva who took the eggs and hatchlings into our cave, Allessia followed making sure all the hatchlings got in all right. I wasn't sure, I think walking really hurts her. Maybe more so then the loss of her colt, she seemed thinner then I last remembered too.

Anyway, the Mistress then went back to talking to us. "I was going to ask your agreement in giving up your home but, I guess I don't have a choice in the matter anymore." She shrugged her shoulders, looking to the map and then us. "I do not want a division among us, we need to be strong during these trouble times." She nodded, before talking to the map. "Allessia, Medivah and Siriva will be looking after the eggs and hatchlings until their adults. As for the rest of you, I know most you have mates. Please stay with your mates, in case the Vampires are looking for eggs. I don't think they will hurt you by any means, I shouldn't have left Allessia alone. If you're in a group, they'll have a harder time."

Finally she addressed us all. "Glory and Pride, until Allessia is better you will be overseeing the herd." I knew then she had doomed us all. "However, you will be advised by Unity." I looked confusedly at her. Me advise anything? I don't even follow my own advice! "Destruction and Dark Secret, I want you to take the western forest. Deception and Twilight the southern part. Ritual and Oracle, the northern bit. Glory, Pride and Glorified, you take the eastern part, past the cave." She then looked to me, Honour and Oath. "You three, take the middle of the field. Unity, you're in charge of the band." By band she meant us single horses. After that she went inside the cave and I'm pretty sure she was crying.

Well, that was strange. Its rather cold out here and we miss the cave a lot because of the wind. I oddly feel bad for their loss, it was hard to let go of Deception when he grew up. Imagine losing your foal to something like that! I think I pity Medivah the most, I know he feels guilty about everything that has happened, as does the Mistress. As we disbanded I heard Pride mutter something about how ugly Allessia looked with all those scars on her hide and that something that hideous shouldn't be allowed to be in the heard. Glorified added in that they were not of the blood, so it didn't matter and the only reason Glory hadn't driven them off was because of the human. Medivah is too big a threat for taking over.

I had a thought then, who said anything about Glory being the lead stallion? Destruction or Deception or even Oracle could fight him for it. As much as I wanted to tell them off, I kept my peace because we all need to be on good terms. I see Siriva has come out of the cave, its dark now but, he shows too much being so white. I went over to talk to him about Allessia. He says that there's something about the vemon they inject when they bite, he couldn't heal most of her wounds. So unless Allessia gets better on her own, she will always have that limp and Medivah is fraught with worry over the colt and his mate. I asked if she could die and he said it wasn't likely she would do such a thing. I felt a little better after hearing that and Siriva seems nice enough. I wanted to go visit and get out of the cold, Siriva stopped me and told me that the Mistress was asleep and with Medivah as he was, it wasn't a good idea. It seems odd to think that the patient and gentle Medivah could turn aggressive and temperamental like he did, I guess because of Allessia. I wonder if I'll ever have a mate some day...

Well, I've hatched. Quite frankly, trying to pick out of an egg isn't nearly as easy as it looks. You'd think that such a fragile little thing would be quite easy to break out of, but I found myself growing tired a lot, and on several occasions I had to stop what I was doing to rest. When I finally did break out, I felt that something was watching me. I looked up to see the same human that was here yesterday. Oh, great. What did she want? She bent down over me and picked me up gently, looking me over carefully. Of course, I didn't really approve of this and quickly let her know about it, striking out with my talons. All that did was make the girl emit a soft laugh in response.

"Quite the fiesty little thing, aren't you? That's okay, I like it when dragons have spunk. It makes them unique." she smiled, continuing to gaze down at me warmly. "Let's see, we'll call you... Shrona, how's that? Since we still don't know what gender you are..."

Quite frankly, I'm not so sure how you'd check for that sort of thing....

She put me down and- yep, she did it again. She changed into a large black and green snake this time, lifting her head so she could look at me. "How are you doing that?" I asked timidly. She just laughed and told me that she was a shapeshifter, and that she could also fly and control fire.

"Can you breathe fire like some dragons can?" I asked her.

"No, but if I ever find out, I'll let you know about it, alright?" she said, tickling me a bit with her tail. Well, at least she had a sense of humor, and she really didn't look like she was going to hurt me. Maybe her and I could be friends.

I have two other playmates- I No Rite and Gale-force Wind, a Water and Skywing hatchling. Gale-force Wind is the one I play with the most often, though, as I No Rite is often off in its little pond (and I only say it because we have yet to gender). Gale keeps bragging about how, as soon as it gets its wings, it'll race us all, and win too. I said that I'd be likely to win, because Whiptails are fast fliers and fierce fighters. I'll be darned if I'm going to let anyone push me around just because they claim to be a faster flyer than I am.

Dawn of Winter, Cold 26/02/11

So the sun rises on the second day of fear and discord among us. As expected Glory and Pride care very little to listen to anything I have to say, what bothers me more is how they've started to take over. Several battles have erupted because of this between him and the other stallions. Glory's way of thinking is that all the mares should be rounded up to stay with him. We would be safer in a big group rather then in pairs or small groups. He glared at me and my defiance. I disagreed because then we are leaving the other males to fend for themselves. In addition none of us single mares can stand his mate or daughter. Furthermore, if 'they', meaning those vampires, attacked the group there wont be any of us left will there? My brilliance seemed to have baffled him then and there so I left. I cannot STAND him.

Anyway, the Mistress seems to be spending a lot of time with us. Well, Allessia I think because though I can smell her, I have yet to see her. I never knew how attached she was to her colt, even Medivah seems to grow more edgy. I saw him around noon yesterday he came out of the cave and went off on a hunt or something... I decided to poke my head inside the cave, just to see what was going on. I almost wish I had not now really. It's sad to see the lead mare brought down so hard. If anything happens to her, what will Medivah and the Mistress do? I know Glory and Pride will rebel against her if Allessia dies. The wee foal I mentioned before that followed her so closely is actually a filly and there's another foal now. It is strange, how those two foals are so attached to each other and Allessia.

This really isn't in so much a journal scribble as it is, I suppose, a farewell note. I've decided to leave up to my name and find the Allessia's colt on my own. I know it sounds insane but, I bet I could. Someone needs to do something or else- Hey, there's something moving over there!

Unity, never the bravest of Horse Dragons, nor maybe the smartest at times flicked the ink off her tail and snorted. The air smelled of death and it was coming from near the cave. Her first thought was that Allessia finally died, except it was more of a rotting scent. No way a corpse smelled like that unless it had been dead for a while, it was not edible by any means. Unity let out a whinny, trying to draw attention to herself, hopefully causing whatever it was to come after her. Charging forward she saw the strangest sight...

A little foal was trotting along in the dark, she could smell it had been hurt but, it was an old wound. Behind it was the thing that smelled rotting except it was moving! Not only was it moving it was slowly following the foal's scent. At least, she assumed scent because the monstrous beast had no eyes! Yet the foal did not seemed frighted nor bothered in the least. Squealing, Unity charged the beast kicking out at it with her hooves. The beast, confused by the sudden attack, roared and snapped at her far too slow to connect. The foal neighed in surprise by the appearance of the attacker. Then it snorted and charged Unity nipping at her, who did not retaliate because now she thought she knew who this foal was.

Less then ten minutes later Allessia herself appeared, thinking she had heard her baby neighing. Of course, she told herself, she was just imagining things. Medivah was asleep with the other foals so they were safe enough. Even she too was shocked. "Heard those Vampires had taken your little one Allessia." The creature said slowly and with a bit of a drawl. "Thought you might want him back." Unity looked shocked, the creature was talking! "Reject...How...Thank you." Akivas trotted forward looking to all the world as if he'd saved himself and nuzzled his mother until a few strong gusts of wind made him skittish. Everyone looked up to see a long winged, light blue dragon above us. The Mistress slid down its tail and landed with a thump.

"Thanks TD!" She waved up to the dragon who disappeared. "Reject? What are you doing out of the cave so close to morning?" "Finding the lost." She said, pointing with a skeletal tail tip at the colt and his mother. "AKIVAS!" She yelled before hugging the poor little colt's neck to the point even Allessia was scared she'd suffocate him. "See, everything worked out okay in the end after all." The Mistress seemed to be in an excellent mood. "Why don't you two get back to the cave and share the news with Medivah? Besides, those foals are probably more then he can handle." She pulled out a tin and fed the colt a mint. She offered one to Allessia who, much to everyone's surprise, took it gently. The Mistress hugged her neck as well and the two disappeared into the dawning light.

"Reject, you better hurry off the sun is coming. I can never thank you enough for saving Akivas, you know that right?" "Not a problem Ma'am." The creature said dipping her head a little. "You should know the vampires know where you are and the eggs. They are displeased... I hope you can fight when the time comes." "What are you?" Unity interrupted suddenly. "I? I was a dragon, a waverunner before..." She looked with her sightless eyes at the Mistress. "I killed her." The Mistress said uneasily. "So I revived her with a spell and now she's a zombie. A very pretty zombie too." Unity snorted and backed away.

"Relax Horse, she wont be killing anymore adults. Just another hatchling for me. I asked her if I could have a little one of my own since my kind does not breed." "So my owner is a murderer?!" Unity said with a snort. "I'm supposed to be okay with that knowing she might be killing one of the foals to keep you happy!" "Unity calm down, I wont be killing ANY foals. I'll be using another breed, I just haven't decided what yet. Just know it wont be a Horse Dragon. Besides we have bigger problems remember? If the Vampires are coming for the hatchlings and eggs we have to stop them." Unity nodded, noticing the zombie lumbering off into the woods. "For now though, I need to check on Allessia and the others." With that she strode off, leaving Unity alone with her thoughts.

So, apparently I'm a male. I still have no idea how you'd check for that sort of thing, but it's nice to finally have a gender. I grew my wings yesterday- it really didn't hurt as much as I was expecting, but maybe that's because Changing Earth put some ointment on my back before they grew in to ease the pain. Now, I'm just trying to test them out. They're quite small, really, but Striped Masterpiece assures me that they'll grow larger with time. I can take off from the ground fine, I just need to work on landing a bit. The adults make it look so easy, probably because they've enough pratice to know what they're doing, but let me tell you, flying's really not as easy as it looks. You've got to read the currents in the air, the direction of the wind, and if there's any weather patterns in your way, you have to try and avoid them. But heck, at least I'm bothering to pratice, unlike that Skywing hatchling who seems perfectly content to just lounge around the cave all day. Stupid, lazy thing. Doesn't it realize that it won't get anything out of life just lying around? In other news, I've moved in with Demolition Team, the other Whiptail in the cave. She seems nice enough, if not a little eccentric. Hopefully, we can get along with each other. Sonre and Fayah are going to gather the clan together tonight to discuss which rank I'm going to get when I grow up. With my luck, I'll end up being a hunter. Not that I would mind, it's just that being a warrior sounds exciting too.

Late Winter, Cold 27/02/2011

The Mistress has decided that Unity requires a break from having to record the Seeker’s history. She has asked me, Medivah De'Lavoure to pick up where Unity has left off and to continue her work as Keeper. So I shall because except for Unity and my own mate Allessia, none of the other Dragons are... Well literate enough to continue. I have to admit, Unity’s tailmanship left much to be desired. As Official Keeper for the previous cave I suppose it only makes sense that I must continue my work here and record the events which unfold before my myself and my family. I know not where to begin this entry, some would say at the beginning but, that is far too long a tale to tell. Perhaps though, a little understanding of the Keeper is in order.

I was born in the main cave the Mistress has, I was also hand raised by the Mistress unlike most of the dragons nowadays. I never considered myself anything special truthfully as unlike most dragons, some of them can breathe fire or ice, some have the power to control storms or electricity, a few can heal or ensnare their pray in crushing vines. I know of one that is mostly made of magma and one that can cause earthquakes! Yet, I... I don’t really do anything, much. Nevertheless, that didn’t stop the Mistress from loving me all the same I suppose. She told me that one day when I was big and strong she would find me a mate and I could have a family. She also said that I had a very important job, so important in fact, that no other dragon could do it.

Of course, I never exactly believed her all that much, since she had so many other dragons and all had some kind of special ability; reds incubated eggs and pinks liked to influence them to be the right gender for the Mistress. Whites healed the hurt ones and storms controlled the weather and tried to keep the hunting good. Some breeds, the Mistress said, were better hunters of game. While some were better warriors, keeping away wild dragons from the eggs, hatchlings and food stores. Even so, a few dragons were better for protecting the hatchlings. I was not any of these she said because I was not a good fighter, I was terrible hunter and I did not have any real special skills. As a hatchling I was more content to be alone and think more then play with the others. I guess that was what inspired the Mistress to have a Keeper really, since I never made friends with the others I was impartial, unbiased.

As I grew into a stallion the Mistress decided to teach me something called ‘penmanship’. This involved me trying to hold a plastic or wooden stick with writing stuff in it. I did not like the taste of charcoal when she attempted to use that once. A lot of paper was wasted in this attempt and though I tried my hardest to live up to her expectations, I just was not good enough. One night the Mistress came to visit me in the forest. She hopped up onto my back and we went for a walk in the moonlight. She stated that she’d been thinking very hard about our little problem and though she might have had the answer to it if, I did not mind my tail getting a bit dirty. I told her it was fine, I would try it.

We stopped by a lake and she pulled out of her leather jacket a large thick book and a bottle of something she called ink. She said that the book of paper would not get punctured like a single sheet and this ink was special, it would not bleed though the paper and mar up the fresh sheets. I dipped my tail tip into the ink and then started to make the letters that the Mistress had traced out on the paper. My first few books were very messy even I have to admit; tailmanship is NOT easy. For the next few months I focused solely on improving my tailmanship and learning to master the Mistress’ language. One day I was back by the lake, sketching, when something moved in the bush behind me! I snorted and reared, pivoting to face this new threat.

It was her, a mare I’d never seen before. I knew the Mistress had another horse dragon but, I had been so intent on my work that I never met her. She had at her heels several little hatchlings that were frozen; I later learned that fates were not pleasant. The Mistress is a strange woman, she starts something and then tends to stop when it displeases her or she has a better idea. This is why our home is so cluttered and disjointed, it lacks unity really. There was something different about this mare and it took me a while to notice it, she said I was a bit thick in that respect.

“Well aren’t you the big stud around here Medivah.” She chuckled looking at me curiously. “The Mistress said that you were different and I have to admit, she wasn’t far off the mark.” She trotted over and looked at my tail and at the book, then back again. “You are strange, I like that. Not like the others.” She nudged me a little with her nose as she watched some of the hatchlings play alongside the lakeshore. I asked what her name was and she answered “St. Allessia De'Lavoure, you can call me Allessia though.” She added, since her name was massively long. As the sun set she had to take the hatchlings back to the cave. She hopped she see me again sometime; it was nice to have someone that was a good listener. I didn’t really know how to say goodbye properly so I told her to be careful because there were dangerous dragons about. She only laughed and told me to worry about myself more.

That would be the last time I would see her until at least what the humans call November. I remember it was a cold day because my ink had frozen and I could not write. I didn’t feel like hunting much so I was testing out the ice on the lake and broke it so I could have a drink. While drinking I heard a squealing sound that sounded like a horse dragon in trouble. I galloped over following the sound. Allessia had been cornered by a pack of female Hellfire Wyverns, probably wild ones as they were looking at her as meat. I was scared for her, very much so. I did not want her to die, I liked her very much. She was the first and only dragon that had ever talked to me, at least as an equal.

I whinnied at her not to panic, that I was coming to save her. I charged the biggest female, assuming it to be the dominant female. She and I locked into combat: she with her flames, jaws and claws and I with my horns and hooves. I remember the other Wyverns screeching and circling us, Allessia despite my plea to flee did not. This would later surprise me. The battle was very short lived I must admit because I am no fighter like I said. I managed to defeat the lead Wyvern with several vicious kicks and scratches; I think I even bit her once too. She screeched and the other four attacked me all at once while she retreated. I did not have a chance against the four of them but, Allessia attacked them too and proved to be one of the best fighters in the cave. The Mistress knew that, I did not.

Just when I thought we had them routed, this big red male showed up out nowhere, I did not see him coming until it was too late to do anything. He raked his claws down the left side of my face, ripping it to the bone below. I squealed in pain, knowing he was probably the mate of the lead female. Both Allessia and I were covered in burns and wounds, yet we knew death would be our reward if we halted our resistance. I knew something was wrong with my eye because I could not see out of it. Somehow she seemed to know this and put herself in my blind spot to protect me. The fight lasted almost an hour before the Wyverns gave us up as a meal. Since they knew I was blinded, they attacked me more than her, which I was glad of. I remember watching them fly away and then I think I passed out. I vaguely remember Allessia nuzzling me a few times telling me to get up and whinnying frantically.

When I woke up again a white dragon was there along with the Mistress. I asked if Allessia was okay, she was but, she was resting in the cave. I said that was good and dozed off again. A few hours later I woke up, far more clear headed then previously except I was still blind in my left eye. I snorted and swung my head around to try and see everything and whacked right into Allessia’s shoulder. She nudged me and told me to calm down before I hurt myself. She told me that was the bravest thing she’d seen in a long time and was sorry that I’d lost the vision in that eye. She blamed herself for getting into that mess and not going for help before it turned as nasty as it did. She’d actually been trying to protect me, for the Wyverns had noticed I was not paying them any mind. She misjudged how many there had been. “Either way, you saved us both Allessia and I am grateful we’re both... Okay.” I guess I never realized how beautiful and strong she was until that night.

The next week she began training me in the art of combat because it was ‘unbecoming in a stallion to not be able to protect himself and his herd’. A few months after that we ended up as mates as decreed by the Mistress and together we had a colt by the name of Akvias De'Lavoure. The Mistress put a magical spell on Akvias so he would never grow up. I was a little disappointed at first but, what the Mistress wants she gets and so he was ‘frozen’. Allessia is brave, beautiful and strong and I think I’m a lucky male to have her as a mate. I know I was suppose to update the book but all this writing has made my tail tired and Allessia needs a break from babysitting the Hatchlings we have in the ‘Seeker’s Cave’ as I call it.

Medivah De'Lavoure, Keeper of the Dragon History.

Dear Journal,

I hatched today. Kinners named me Incendia Animus, which she said means Fire (of) Bravery. I like that name! There was another white dragon that I talked with when we were still in our shells via telepathy, but Kinners said she had something else planned for her. She told her that she was abandoned as an egg, and Kinners had taken her egg because she knew that nobody else would take her. But now that she had a long time until she would die, which wasn't the case before, she would be put up for adoption so she could go to a good home, maybe to a different owner who didn't have as many dragons and was lonely. The white seemed to like that idea, so me and Kinners went to take her to the Cave where Kinners got the white. We left her with some other eggs that nobody wanted, wished her luck and the cutest face possible to attract possible owners, and said goodbye. Kinners saw I was worried and told me the white would be okay, but I'm not sure. I hope she'll be okay. I actually don't know whether she's a boy or a girl, because none of us are gendered yet, but she seemed like a girl to me. I'll miss her. Maybe if her new owner and my owner are friends, we can play together.

See you later,

Incense

So, apparently I'm a hunter. Surprise surprise. Still, I really don't mind as long as I'm helping the clan in some way. Yesterday, I was taken out for my first hunting lesson with Coming Blossoms and Cloud Painter, who are two of the hunters in the clan. Fayah couldn't come, because apparently he was on a border patrol with Sonre. Needless to say, they did NOT go easy on me just because I was a newbie. I mean, they talked through the steps, but here's kind of how they did it:

"Angle your wings! You've got to get enough wind beneath your wings to strike out at your prey... and don't look at us like that, this is for your own good, you know... now DIVE AND STRIKE!!! For goodness sake, don't go prancing around once you've hit it, either, because it'll try and fight under you, and goodness knows we can't have that.... now deliver the killing bite before it can do any more damage to you. Well, c'mon, it's had time to rip a few holes in your wing membrane already..."

See what I mean? I did try my best, but honestly, you have NO IDEA how hard it is to try and follow eight different directions at once. I think I ended up tripping over my own feet or faceplanting into the ground more than actually impressing them. I'll have to try harder the next time around. Demolition Team says not to worry, the lessons get easy enough once you master the technique. Then again, given the fact that she never shuts up, I might have misheard her. After all, when you're talkingreallyfastlikethis it's kind of hard to understand what you're saying, or what you're trying to get across to someone. I'm starting to think about requesting a seperate cavern from her- all I can hope for at the moment is that Azila will come with another Whiptail egg... hopefully they'll be able to shut Demolition up, because I can't stand her for much longer. In other news, Azila brought back a Dorsal and a Hellfire Wyvern egg the other day. Knowing how Thermal Energy and Kothar are, I sure hope these ones don't grow up to be egotistical jerks like them. Well, I gotta go for now, lessons start early tomorrow and they want me looking sharp.

Being a warrior is sounding better and better by the minute.

AGGH. Drac will kill me- the egg didn't hatch well. It was normal, not the Alt she wanted. You should've seen her when she ERed the egg and even got a female Influence by LizardusDemon. Luckily she's away for an education and I can keep my head...for now. *gulp* I'm the Scroll holder so I always get held responsible for everything. Drac treats me like a punching bag at times.

Life sucks. sad.gif

~ScrollKeeper, the sad tabluator in DracCave.

Still Cold, Wet 04/03/2011

Every day Allessia grows stronger, it is wonderful to observe. Akivas does an excellent job of entertaining the hatchlings so Allessia and I can watch over the eggs and keep an eye on the hatchlings. Of course Allessia is fretting over the weight she is putting back on, exclaiming how she is going to get fat and wont be beautiful enough for me anymore. Dearest Allessia, you know you'll always be the same gorgeous mare no matter what happens and do not mind what that other family has to say. They are of no consequence and never will be. We, not they, are the overseers, the protectors of the future. The stallion is all show and no skill. I could take him any day if he so tried to start a rebellion or spread discord among us...

Whew, she's finally not reading this. I got such a lecture about my last ramble so, now she's decided to oversee my history keeping. Funny thing, she can read but, not write. At least I wont have her editing my work after! She really is wonderful except, she really can be vain. I do not mind having to reassure her because I know what she needs to hear and it never truly is a lie; beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In my case, literally.

Well over the course of the past few days, many things have changed within the Seeker's Cave, some things I do understand and one in particular I do not. Knowing full well that the Hellfires, Embers and Vampires are against us, the Mistress gets both a Ember and Hellfire Egg! The Hellfire was a gift and an important one as well. None of the other horses will come near the cave now because of it, the Hellfires seem to know of it's presence because they have been attacking more and more as of late. Siriva is getting a workout with all the bites, gashes and burns. Glory gets more and more insufferable with that ego of his and says its only a matter of time before the human gets us killed.

That's a lie, the Mistress knows exactly what she is doing... I think? She's become very scattered as of late like some things are on her mind but, she can't quite figure it out and I can tell she's losing sleep over it. She walked into a tree and asked its forgiveness before moving on. She then turned around and stared at it before apologizing to it and shaking her head. Right now we have a Winter hatchie that is apparently going to be a gift to someone, two horse eggs though one will soon be a foal for Akivas to play with, that Hellfire egg also soon to hatch and a Skywing that the Mistress says is another 'project'. I assume she means what she does when she refers to the Seeker's. Then again. You can never be sure.

Another Dragon Keeper was here today, she is older than the Mistress but, they get along fine. A good thing because she cheered the Mistress up; for a bit at least. I do not understand her Humanspeak, its... Weird? I mean, it sounds like the Mistress' just not exactly. I will never understand Humanspeak: they speak too fast and pronounce every syllable, they do not. The other Keeper looked at the Skywing egg and then left on one of her own. I guess that's how they differ; she likes to ride the Skywings and the Mistress, us. Personally, their just giant winged worms to me. Allessia has reappeared to see what is taking so long and says that their not worms, their dragons. She also says that polite term would be "more mature in experience and wisdom". The next thing she'll be telling me is that the Humanspeak that other Keeper spoke was just a different dialect of Humanspeak or something strange like that.

Oh yes, we also have a colt that the Mistress calls Seeker's Prophet and will be the mate to Unity. Maybe that will settle her down. Since the encounter with the zombie, she's been... Off her rocker. At least that's Allessia's answer to that question. I think she means Unity is paranoid that the Mistress is only raising so many horses to kill for zombies. No matter what the Mistress says she wont believe a dragon murderer. Word of that got out, so most of the Seeker's are skittish of her now, we'll probably have rebellion in the herd if so. I wonder if that's why the Mistress is getting those Skywings, so when the fighting starts she'll have protection. I don't see why she cannot get something better like... I guess something with legs?

Edited by Agwyn

Drac is depressed. She told us she had screwed up a supposedly-pleasent trade when she let the Black hatchling go too fast. The other party had given her...a tree. And planted it conveniently in front of my quarters. It looks fun, despite being...umm...inanimate. There's snow on it and it looks fun. Beside that, there's a new Vampire egg- an apparent 'misclick' while the strange lady came to plant the tree. At least she gave something. When Drac came back she was a bit annoyed at the vampire eggbut adored the tree. All's well ends well. Now, to make her forget why I drew that hatchling wrong....

~ScrollKeeper, awesome god-like tabulator of DracCave

Journal of Wingslash Xandre.

4th of March, 2011.

Another dragon grown into an adult last night. I was the first one to wake up, since it started to call for other dragons. All of us, atleast 20 or 30 were in our master's hatchery and on her scroll. We all acomppied her, though our master came and shooed us off. I think I may have a liking to this dragon, he is a male, and im a female. His name is Rudolf, I almost laughed at that name, but our master had a sense of humour, and was quite young for a dragon breeder, so it seemed like her. Rudolf, or the dragon is a Yulebuck, mainly because it has just been Christmas, thats when she got the egg.

Today I started to flirt him, sort of. I just smiled at him and tryed to show him I liked him. He smiled back, eventaully I approached him and started to talk. We had some intrests that were the same, and some very different. We became friend, and I wandered off. Then the other dragons swarmed around in a circle, I didn't join in, I just listened. They said something about the Yulebuck, words I shouldn't mention in this Journal.

Edited by DragonGirl10188

It's not exactly a journal but it is the basic idea of what you are looking for:

“They seek to kill us, to destroy our race, to wipe us from the face of the earth!” The elders roared and the younger dragons went up with them. Shadow Star roared loudest of all.

These were the black dragons; dark and mighty, hiding in their secret caves and following their elders.

“You might be told by some that the outside dragons seek to help us, to be our friends but they are traitors. The outside dragons have corrupted them!” Sneers went through the crowd as black dragons looked at one another hissing as though to chase out the rat like traitors.

“What do we have here?” an elder chanted, gesturing to the back of the cave were a female dragon sat chained by with cold iron. Shadow Star knew her; she was Silmara a kindly black that had nearly raised Shadow Star. She felt her heart lurch, she knew what was about to happen.

“This… dragon has been caught harbouring outside dragons!” An awe went over the crowed as they glared at Silmara. “Not only that but look to this egg,” The elder held a black egg aloft for all to see. It at first looked black but as it was turned in the light it was easy to see the gold flecks. “Not only has she harboured these creatures but breed with them.”

Snarls went around the audience, boos and curses all directed at Silmara, The Shadow Star stood in awe, what was she supposed to say, this was virtually her mother.

“So kill me!” Silmara snarled “The less I have to listen to your petty ticks the better. You lie to the young ones, tell them the outsiders are evil; they seek to help us.”

“We will not believe your lies!” One of the young males shouted and his shout was joined. Shadow Star still did not speak.

“You think it is that easy?” The elder cackled, “You think it is that easy to escape our wrath? No, you betrayed the black dragon code, you must pay with more than that.”

The elder dragon turned his hand upside down; holding the egg high above the ground. Silmara began to cry “Please, kill me, torture me but don’t kill my egg.”

“You must pay for what you have done!” The elder roared and he was cheered on.

Still Shadow Star sat in silence. Silmara spotted her in the crowd. “Shadow Star! Please help me, if you can’t at least save my egg, please, I do not ask this as payment for the raising of you but because I know you don’t belong here. Please!” she pegged but Shadow Star ignored her.

The elder flew up and once he was among the clouds he let the egg drop. Cheers went around the crowd but Shadow Star stood in silence. The egg fell and smashed; the shards flying and the yoke seeping out onto the stone. The tiny form up a hatchling could be vaguely made out among the wreckage.

Silmara began to cry, dragon tears flowing down her scaled face. The elder circled back down to land and grimaced

“Kill her I cannot take that infernal racket” The elder waved his hand in bored dismissal.

There before Shadow Star’s eyes they killed Silmara, a quick tail stroke and she was silenced. Shadow Star’s voice caught in her throat and she had to stop herself from screaming.

“Now leave and remember this lesson!” The elder shouted and the dragons left.

The Shadow Star walked back to her cave. She and the other black dragons lived in the caves around a huge empty lake that had turned into a swamp. Shadow Star was a great warrior and an adept wizard by black dragon standards. She was a female but still able to best most males of her flight. Shadow Star had been abandoned outside the caves as an egg and Silmara had taken her in and raised her, what had she done to repay her? She felt someone tap her between the wings with their tail, she whirled around and nearly smacked into Shadow of Knight. Shadow of Knight looked into her eyes, somehow anchoring her to the spot though she wanted to back up and flee. He tried to make every girl in the flight fall for him and most of the time he succeed, but Shadow Star found him disgusting. Maybe that was why he chases after her, she is the only thing he can’t have and somehow the only thing he must have.

“Can I help you?” Shadow Star hissed through gritted teeth.

“It is time to go hunting.” Shadow of Knight smiled his tricksters smile at her then turned to leave.

Shadow Star joined the rest of the group. How hunting worked here was one large group of dragons would hunt for food for the entire flight well the others preformed…well…other duties.

They went hunting and when it came time to divide up the trouble began. Shadow Star and Shadow of Knight were assigned to the same group. Shadow Star tried her best to ignore them and for the first hour her wish was granted, she kill three oxen and a deer, quiet a successful hunt but that is also when trouble started. Shadow Star was hiding her kill when Shadow of Knight came up beside her, brushing against her side.

She growled at him, trying to tell him to stay away.

“Why do you hate me Shadow Star? Why do you hate me when you could love me instead?” He asked with a childlike playfulness.

“Because you are a lazy lout that tricks others into doing his work for him and falls in love with the prettiest dragon he sees.” She hissed, standing stalk still.

“That is why I love you.” He said taking a step forward, Shadow Star heard the noise of wing beats.

“Shut up.”

“Why not take a complement every once and a while?” Shadow of Knight asked taking yet another step forward.

“No, I mean it shut…” But she was cut off as something plunged through the trees.

There was a dull thud as a gray shield smashed Shadow of Knight over the head and he crumpled to the ground like a rag doll. Shadow Star did not loss her head. She crouched low, bared her fangs and whipped her tail. She saw her opponents; a guardian dragon and a stone dragon both fully grown though the shield dragon seemed a bit younger than the stone. Anyway they both looked like trouble. They flanked her she shield attacking form one side and stone form the other. For the first time Shadow Star actually found herself over welled. The shield dragon dealt one fast blow to the head and all went black.

“What should we do with her?” The Stone Knight asked “The male is defiantly dead but she still breathes. “

The Stone Knight was a stone dragon of great power, he was strong and knew much of battle. He had been the mentor of the young shield dragon next to him; Elenwen’s Knight and had taught the youth everything Eldear of Knights had taught him.

At this point both dragon knights look down upon the limp form of the female dragon.

“We take her back to Elenwen.” Elenwen’s Knight answered coolly.

The Stone Knight looked at him as though he was mad, “What do you mean, this is a black dragon.”

“Yes but we came here to try and show the black dragons that we wish them no harm, that they are the one who harm us. Why not start with her?” Elenwen’s Knight suggested though The Stone Knight got the hit he wasn’t telling everything.

“Very well,” The Stone Knight nodded then went to bid the black dragon.

The Shadow Star woke with a terrible pain in her head and a cramp in her arms and legs. It took her a moment to remember what had happened and when she did she panicked. She couldn’t move, she found her hands and feet bound.

She heard a snoring from inside the same cave as her. She looked round to find herself in a simple cavern room with no decoration of any kind. As she looked around the room she spotted the thing that made the noise. Up ahead was the shield dragon that had attacked her, sleeping peacefully.

Funny, he didn’t look evil, if anything he looked kind of…no very handsome. The shield dragon shook his head and stood up, it took him a minute but he realized that Shadow Star was awake.

“Good morning.” He said walking over to her

She wanted to be angry at this dragon for attacking her, then kidnapping her and taking her here but she just couldn’t.

“Elenwen!” He roared “The black dragon wakes!”

There was a sound of footsteps and down the hall a girl of sixteen came running. She had brown hair and ice cold blue eyes. She came over the Shadow Star and somehow she felt as though she was connected to this little human in some way.

“Hello,” the girl panted lurching to a stop in front of the two dragons “I am Elenwen, this is Elenwen’s Knight, a.k.a my guardian. If you could please give me your name I have a dragon egg to hatch.”

“The name is The Shadow Star not that is shall matter to you, I plan to leave first chance I get.” She hissed

“You are a black dragon are you not?” Elenwen said, she sounded concerned “You don’t know what you speak off, it is hard to grasp but everything you have been taught is wrong; we are the good dragons it is you who have been hurting us.”

The Shadow Star was taken back, was this all true? Had she been wrong this whole time, had she really?

“I see that you do not fully believe me so I will have to take certain measures; Elenwen’s Knight is going to show you what I mean and to make sure you do not attack anyone or run away until you lesson is over…” Elenwen muttered a quick spell and a chain formed, binding Shadow Star and Elenwen’s Knight together.

At first Elenwen’s Knight looked shocked but then he took it in stride and nodded in agreement.

“Anyway, you know what to do and I have a dragon egg to hatch.” With that Elenwen ran off as quickly as she had come.

Elenwen’s Knight watched her leave then tugged on the chain “Come on now, we should get moving.”

Shadow Star glared but after a few more tugs she gave in and followed.

Elenwen’s Knight guided her through the cave and out onto the ledge outside, it looked over a little valley and a forest. Shadow Star had never seen this place before, it was so beautiful.

“Come on” Elenwen’s Knight said rather bluntly, he seemed rather serious.

Elenwen’s Knight drifted down the cliff and of course Shadow Star was forced to follow.

Elenwen’s Knight spent the next month guiding and introducing Shadow Star to all the other dragons of the cave and showing them that they were the true good.

Shadow Star found herself growing more and more attached to this shield dragon and not just because of the chain. Even once Elenwen removed the chain Shadow Star stayed need Elenwen’s Knight.

One day they sat in a hidden cove that Elenwen’s Knight had revealed to Shadow Star.

“Who were you?” Elenwen’s Knight asked, he could tell by the confused look on Shadow Star’s face that he needed to explain “Among the black dragons what was your life?”

“I was one of the best black dragon fighters out there. My foster mother had been killed for treachery and her gold black egg that she treasured above all else was destroyed. Worse yet was she begged me to save it and I did nothing, just watched as she and her child were killed.”

“I am sorry but if I may ask one more question of you?” Elenwen’s Knight asked kindly “When we fought who was the male dragon we killed… was he not your…mate?”

“By all the gods no, I hated that dragon, I keep forgetting to thank you for ridding me of him.” Shadow Star sighed.

The two dragons sat in silence for a while.

“Alright I have a question for you.” Shadow Star smiled

“Go right ahead.” Elenwen’s Knight sighed as he sat back up.

“How likely do you think it would be for a shield dragon to fall for a black dragon?” She asked innocently

Elenwen’s Knight took a moment to think “Well if this black dragon is anything like you the question doesn’t even have to be asked.”

Elenwen’s Knight got to his feet then went to curl around The Shadow Star. It began to snow.

THE END

I hope you liked it, it took a lot of time to write. It would be nice to get some feed back biggrin.gif

-Elenwen

Journal of the Vampire Dragon egg inside its egg-

" I can feel some sort of warmth around me,and then it goes away. So far i've changed. Once being a different thing,now i've changed my design. And that happened after my shell was peirced by a sharp pointy object. It leaked in and burned my skin,and transformed me to be stronger in future. I'm so weak currently,and I wish I won't die in this shell. I hear a caring voice every once in a while,and it stays around me scratching at something,and i smell a sort of gell stuff in the air,he keeps speaking of Dragons he owns. Is this what i'am? Or possibly i'm different... Will he be suprised to see this ugly face of mine? Or will he be delighted to see me? I'll have to stay aware of my surroundings,and try to live on long enough to someday grow to my strongest potential!"

Journal of Blue Gundre

March 5th 2011

I could feel myself hatching open from my egg, my body size has become too much for the space of the hard shell. I heard a soft and warming call as I tryed to get out. A pointy horn on the tip of my snout pushed the shell open, I used my head to make the crack in my shell bigger, until my head was poking out. My mother looked down on me, along with a two-legged animal, it talked to me in a strange language, I couldn't understand. Gel started to fall down the sides of the broken egg as I stepped out, it took me awhile to get out. I was covered in the liquidy gel, though my mother nuzzled me, I waddled up to her, unable to stand on my fins. I am a Deep Sea dragon, atleast thats what my mother said.

I slept most of the day, my mother guarding me. I could hear voices, of many other dragons. I was halfly scared, but decided to stay asleep through the day. They diasappeared as my mother growled, I was listening as I was awake, pretending to be asleep. Though, when they left I fell asleep for real. It felt like I was in my egg again, but I wasn't.

Journal of Frozen Heart Xona

March 5th, 2011

I slowly opened my eyes as my moher nudged me awake, I yawned, then got up onto my feet. She told me to come out, and get breakfast because our clan had just killed a deer. I followed her, until we got to the dead deer. I got to eat second, along with all the other hatchlings. I yawned again once I was finished, licking my lips I watched as the hunters got to eat next. I walked off, leavng my mother to wait for her meal.

I went to play with the other hatchlings, after a few games of hide-and-go-seek and chasey we praticed our flying, one of the hatchlings fell. Though we helped him stay airborn, by flying under him, the air pushing off our wings lifting him back into the air.

It is now night time, I scared yet I enjoy night. My mother just sent me to sleep, I can sleep, though don't want to. One of the hatchlings came in, I asked her why she was here and she said she couldn't sleep. So I talked to her for awhile, then she left and I got a good nights rest.

It's been over a month since the winged human, Celeste, took me from my mother. She has a warm heart. It's contagious. I'm her oldest dragon. She named me Xatthias, as a play on her deceased brother's name. She tells us of him, always catching the hatchlings' attention with his heroic deeds. I know, no more like feel, her pain of loss. She misses him, But I am here I will change that.

When she came into the cave today she was carrying a red dragon egg. Herth Bleedingson, the first red in the cave, was perked by the egg. She told us it was a Dorkface, and that we should take extra good care of it. She nestled it in the indent in the ground where Feathery Lover, a sweet smelling rosebud, lays down with it. I wonder about what makes the little red different.

Xatthias

I feel so bad. My thirst compelled me to bite on of the eggs, it cracked and died. Celeste came in and saw it, she looked so sad. She lifted up what was left of the egg and murmured something to it and too it outside. When she returned, she told me It was okay, she wasn't mad at me. not one bit. she said I needed to try to control my thirst, so I wouldn't bite an egg she wanted to keep alive. She told me that one day I would have a friend, like me, to take care of. Until then, I vowed not to bite any egg unless Celeste asks me to.

Selene

Ok,I'm gonna make a diary.

Unnamed 2nd gen Electric egg.

I feel a warmth around me as I get picked up by an unknown creature.I am placed on the ground next to another different creature.I wonder about the outside,but i'm staying in my egg for now,though I know I will eventually have to leave.

Unnamed CB Stripe egg

I can feel other eggs around me.Suddenly,I feel them drfting away,and other eggs appearing.I feel a crowd of dragons around me as I am placed on the ground.With hopes of the outside,I drift into sleep.

Edited by arabian sparkle

Well, the Hellfire and Dorsal finally grew up. They're both females, and while the Hellfire seems nice enough, the Dorsal seems like a jerk. She's always blabbing on and on about how much she LOVES astronomy, and how, eventually, she's going to find a new nebula or star or whatnot and name it after her, blahblahblahblahblah. Azila's named her Seeing Sunspots, and the Hellfire Wyvern Saint Witch-hazel (because, apparently, Witch-hazel was already taken). I've been doing some more hunting lessons lately, and they seem to be working out just fine. Gale-force Wind has been trying to teach me flying tactics as well, but honestly, it's incredibly hard to try and keep up with a Skywing, and the only even remotely useful thing he's taught me so far is how to make an emergency landing. Really, I should be working more on diving to catch prey and such. Fayah says he'll help me out when he gets the time to do so, but I don't see why the clan leader would ever help me. After all, I'm just some useless Whiptail dragon, and he gets to hang out with Sonre all the time. Same thing with Artic Spirit. I don't think I could ever hang out with them, or take flying lessons with them. Azila says not to worry- Sonre's really not as strict and unfriendly as she looks, and she'd be glad to teach me. When I told Demolition about this, she was literally bouncing off the walls in excitement.

"Dude, you're going to ask Sonre and Fayah if you can take flying lessons with them? That's huge!"

I don't see what the big deal is, but I pretended to play along and act happy about it too. How is it that Demolition just knows exactly how to push my buttons? She's not even related to me (at least, I don't think so) and she's ticked me off more times than I could probably count in the last few days. In other news, I'd heard tales about something called a "neglected dragon", and I went around asking about it, trying to find old scrolls and the like on them. All that anyone will say about them is that they're the result of an owner treating their dragons badly, or sometimes they can be created by experiment. Nobody really seems like they want to talk about them, so in my mind, they seem rather taboo and such. All I could get out of old scrolls is that very few owners actually have neglecteds, and they can sometimes be aggressive due to the mistreatment that they've suffered. Poor things, that sounds like a dreadfully awful thing to go through. I hope Azila doesn't get any ideas about this sort of thing- she's assured me that she never will, and that she only gets dragons if they're able to breed in some shape or form- but I'm still curious to find out more about these creatures. Gotta go for now, flying pratice starts early, and then I've got my first hunting lesson in the afternoon. Let's hope I do well.

Beligain, the youngest dragon, a green, Got pompous today. She tried to force the eggs to hatch. the Dorkface red and the flamingo both died. Celeste was really upset with Beligain, she took the young green outside and had a long talk with her. When she came back she had tw red dragon eggs and a vine, and said they weren't dorkfaces like the last red but would be great additions to the cave anyway. Tonight, I will mourn for the lost dragons, and will hope them happiness in the next life. I will personally make sure these new ones will survive. Selene, the vampire, told me she wanted my help not to bite the eggs Celeste wants to keep. I have accepted and will help her.

Xatthias

Spring is coming I feel the winter waining. I'll look forward to next winter.

Suecune