Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

Dear Journal,

I matured today! I thought this was a good time to start a journal, it being a new year and me being all grown up, so here I am! I'm so much wiser then I was when I first hatched. Back then I still called Kinners mom! I wish I knew my real mom, though. I bet we could've had loads of fun! Anyway, I have a secret to tell you. I have a crush on Vol! I mean, I thought I just liked him as a friend when I first matured, but when I zoned out like I do all the time I found my cloud following Vol! My cloud is a part of me, and if it was following Vol, then I guess that's how I always thought of him. I just never realized it until now. I know it doesn't fit at ALL, seeing that he's the best flier Kinners owns and I'm the worst flier of her dragons, but I just can't help it. You know love...it doesn't pay attention to strengths and weaknesses, it just shoots first and thinks later. I heard that winter is being hard on most dragon clans, but Kinners uses her Magi powers to keep the cave heated and prevent the hatchlings from freezing themselves. Anyway, I better go, Kinners says it's my turn to watch the eggs. They're all cracking, and you know what that means! We're going to have to make new rooms for the hatchlings!

See 'ya later,

Venny

Dear Journal,

Kinners is doing some remodeling in the cave. She closed up all the original rooms and made two hallways that branch off from the main one. One is for females and the other is for males. She divided each one into two sections: one for hatchlings and the other for adults. She also made two rooms that are accessible from the main hall: a breeding room for couples and a nesting room for eggs and hatchlings that aren't sexed yet. Speaking of which I found a beautiful silver egg that looked exactly how Kinners told me my egg looked like, except it had a sheen, like a piece of silver. I have a feeling I know what egg it is. Venny just moved out of her room, and seeing that she has a cloud to sleep on I don't blame her. But I don't understand how she floats on that thing. I've tried to do that on clouds, and...well, let's just say it didn't go well. I fell right through the darn thing! How does she do it?!

Best regards,

Sub

Edited by kittymeow626

Dear Journal,

I was brought into this world a few days ago and I have mixed feelings about it. The only safety in it was in my recently shredded, shining eggshell, and now I feel kind of jittery. My parents rarely communicate with me, and although one lives quite near me and the other very far away, I know they love me... somehow...

"Kandycat", the giant that encases me in this paper I am trapped in, is still trying to think of a name for me. Perhaps All That Glitters, she says.... but I don't know my name. I probably never will. She has given me a healthy supply of delectable food that she calls "clicks, views, and unique views" from birth, and for that I have been grateful. Kandycat has also given me access to my family tree, but she frowns whenever she looks upon the pictures, gagging at the thought of it being "inbred", as she calls it. My heart sinks whenever I hear her say this, for it must be bad. So many brave, noble, and kind dragons, some with anger issues that I heard about in gossiping down the paper are in it. Does it really matter that much if my family tree is not as perfect as some people would like?

Kandycat, however, seems to like me a lot and visits me often. She has not bred me, nor froze me, released me, killed me, or described me yet, and that's fine with me, although she is proud of my glittering, metallic, gold scales and quiet nature. I hear rumors, however, of the "releasing garden" being a paradise for dragons. I would like to visit there some day, but very long ago, a dragon on this scroll was kind enough to tell me more about it, like how you can't return after you go to that paradise. Or contact anyone you once knew. I do not know if I am ready to go on my own, even though I have reached adulthood. I would miss the few beings that have shown me hospitality.

I wonder what my fate shall be... in silence, as usual, or perhaps in a better life, freed from this paper. I do not wish to die, but Kandycat has the power to make that happen... I live with a tiny piece of fear because of that.

Hatchling life was fun, but I understand things a little more now. Being wise and silent gives me different views, but I wish I could have spent more time as a hatchling... this would not bother me so much.

Goodbye for now.

~Unnamed

Dear Journal,

I'm feeling like a firecracker today. So carefree, ready to go off at any moment. I chat with each Christmas dragon, like myself. Sister Angelcake seems to be quite fond of me, although I don't understand why. I'm just another Christmas dragon, when hatching I saw a clone of me of sorts hatch too, but later than me. That must mean there are more clones of me, exactly like me, in the main cave.

I get really bored sometimes, on this paper upon which we are all kept. I have also noticed that the tinsels on my tail, as the human calls them, make a rattling, whisper-y noise when shook. Strange enough, but I've managed to create different rhythms with the noise, and that's enough to keep me entertained.

Boredom is a reach, though. I really like some of the dragons on this paper, but I am interested in one in particular... a gold dragon that is silent and wise. She rarely talks, and is "inbred", poor dear. I wonder what's bothering her, since she looks so sad all the time. I haven't tried to talk to her yet since she was first born because she rarely does and seems quite shy. Maybe I will later...

Sincerely,

Lil' Tinsel Toes

Edited by Kandycat

Dear Journal,

I admit it, I'm a little freaked out at the way she reacts to interactions... the gold dragon stared at me for so long when I said "hello" to her that I was afraid her eyes might have dried out.

I will try again later, I guess. Maybe she will be more friendly if I get her to know some of the dragons I'm fond of. It worked for me when I used to be shy.

TTYL,

Lil' Tinsel Toes

Dear Journal,

Fancy this, but a dragon came up to me and said "Hello.". I was caught off guard, and dragons on the paper rarely talk to me, so I was kind of alarmed at this change. It was a female Christmas dragon that talked to me, and Kandycat is proud of her.I have heard her say so. I admit, I am a little jealous of her beautiful coloring, with reds, golds, and greens in most places on her scales.

I do not know her name, but I will try to talk next time. I am scared, though. What if she laughs at my shy nature or the fact that I am usually jumpy and isolated from the rest of the dragons on this paper?

Then again, she just said "Hello" and stared at me for a while. I hope this is not the case. She seems quite pleasant for a dragon, and I would not mind getting to know her.

It's funny, how I really do not like to talk out loud but I am still so comfortable with this journal. I wonder where it came from?

~Unnamed

Dear Journal,

I`ve been hunting with my clan, and between the four of us we brought down a nice buck. Eomer of the Rohirim was less than pleased, though. We shared it with the two unfrozen hatchlings in the cave, which are a vampire and guardian. The vampire has no interest in becoming part of the clan, but is friendly nonetheless. The guardian, though, says that it might be interested in joining and becoming frozen when it grows wings. Having another pair of wings in the clan besides mine will be a big help!

Unfortunately, we found out that Parva Stella was injured from hunting! She`s being healed under the watchful eyes of Caerulaea and Tiny Healer, the cave medics. Perhaps Tiny Healer could have become a part of this clan, had she not grown up before us.

Time to go,

Tiny Sentinel of the Clouds

Edited by Arya_the_elven_lady

Dear Journal,

I'm still in my egg. I don't have a book to write in yet, so I'm writing my journal in my head. I'm almost done hatching! There's a big fat hole in my shell, and I'm ready to guard my fellow cavemates like my forefathers! I bet my shield will be GIGANTIC! Anyway, this human keeps ordering different dragons to guard me and the other eggs. That doesn't make any sense! Why is a human ordering dragons around? Humans are WAY less smarter then us and usually try to kill us! And the grown-ups don't need to guard us. I'm ready to burst out of my shell at any moment and fight any old dragon that comes around! I'll scare him, all right! I'm a guardian dragon for Pete's sake! I'm not sure if all of the dragons know that for sure, though. But the human seems to know it. She seems to be very smart, for a human that is. I bet she has the dragons under some sort of spell that makes them obey her and other stuff! Grr! I'll fight her to the death once I'm all grown up! I don't need a dumb old human to give me a name! I can name myself! My name is... it's, uh... Okay, I might need some help, but not from a human!

See 'ya tomorrow,

Unnamed Guardian of Awesomeness

LOL that was from my unhatched guardian egg. BTW I do NOT have my dragons under a spell, in case you were wondering. Uh oh, looks like Sub has a problem:

Dear Journal,

I've run into a huge problem. How am I supposed to show Hilaris how I think of her without making a total fool of myself? I can't just walk up to her and tell her I love her, especially out in the open with everyone looking! It has to be private if I want this to work out without making myself look dumb! I have to catch her alone, with a present or something. Not just a dead horse to eat, but something that will really stand out. Maybe some sort of gemstone that I mined out myself..? I'll have to ask Dec if I can work in his mine. Anyway, I have no idea how to catch her alone or any idea what she likes. How is this supposed to work out? She's a beautiful Christmas dragon, bent on spreading cheer. I'm a gray dragon, made to create storms that destroy and ruin. She's beautiful and smart, and all I care about is racing and competition. I'm not pretty or cheerful, I'm scarred and, well, gray! Rrrgh! I thought this would be easy! How the heck could I have been so dumb?!?

Wish me luck,

Subitus, the Gray with an awkward love.

Poor Sub. Here's a page I just discovered that's from Hil. I didn't know she had a Diary. Oooh, Subitus would kill to see this page!:

Dear Diary,

I have a confession to make. I never gave it any thought, but...I feel so lonely sometimes. I look at other, happier dragons and think, what don't I have that they do? It dawned on me this morning: I don't have love. I know people think I'm beautiful, but what's beauty without something that comes from it? Love does. I want a soul mate. I know people like me because of who I am, but none of them like me that way! I feel so frustrated and alone, I'm not sure even Kinners can help me with this. What do I do?

See you tomorrow,

Hil

Dear Journal,

One of the unnamed snow angel dragons that lives near me told me a tale of something called "snow" and "Christmas". For a snow angel that recently hatched, that dragon sure knows a lot about the subject. Snow sounds really nice, though. I'd like to experience it someday. And get the "presents" that come with Christmas. But aren't we already in the present? I don't know what she meant by that...

The dragon laughed when I told her about it and said I would understand someday. I hope so.

That gave me an idea to... oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that I talked to the gold dragon for the second time today! I told her about snow and the things the dragon taught me, and got wide-eyed questions in return. She seems really strange because she told me she almost never gets talked to or communicated with in different ways, but nice all in all. I hope she's ok with me telling her stuff; I like talking to her.

I still wanna see snow. Kandycat once said that I was caught as an egg after Christmas, but that's still near it! Hooray!

<3,

LTT

Dear Journal,

I am very exhausted from being so jumpy today, but still elated. That dragon has had a conversation with me, and it was interesting! I feel better than I have in quite a while; I guess I was just lonely.

She told me her name was "Lil' Tinsel Toes" and I laughed with her, because she says that tinsel comes out the tip of her tail, not her toes. Then, beginning to tell me about something called "internet speak", as Kandycat had apparently murmured sometimes outside the paper, roused an exciting learning experience. I learned "OMG", "WTF", "ROFL", "TTYL", "ROFLMAO", "ROFLCOPTERSOCKS", and so on. These words are quite funny, but otherwise I liked spelling them out.

Eventually, the conversation turned into one about this strange thing called "snow", named by the giants very long ago, and "Christmas", which most giants celebrate once a year.

I did not know what snow was at first, but it sounds wonderful. I wondered out loud if snow was in the release gardens, and Lil' Tinsel Toes did nothing to keep me from stating my opinion, even throwing a few ideas in. She also stated something about the giants decorating a tree near the paper, and I wonder if that is happening now? I would like to see the decorations she says are on it, they sound lovely.

She had to go away, but I hope I can talk to her again. I like her a lot.

~Unnamed

Dear Journal,

Morgana the Black is really happy, because a new alt. black hatchling joined our clan! "His" name is Onhaetan Wataer, which means "Heat (the) water". According to Arya, it comes from Old English.

Parva Stella is healing well, but she won`t be allowed to hunt until Caerulaea says so. Thus, it`s fortunate that Onhaetan came to the clan so quickly. We really will need the extra paws!

Bye,

Sentinel

Edited by Arya_the_elven_lady

Dear Journal,

I hatched last night! Well, along with the other three hatchlings. One was white, and it seemed to NEVER get hurt. Another one was long and blue, without any wings. It lived in water almost entirely, and the human dug a large pond for it to swim in. The last one was skinny and green, and it hid all the time. It seemed to be stressed out that there were no trees where I was living, so the human used this AWESOME spell that made trees pop up out of the ground instantly!! I think she's a magi! After that, the green one did a lot better. After all that, the magi sat down with us and introduced herself. She said her name was Kinners. What a strange name! Anyways, she gave us names and told us what they meant. She gave the white one the name Niveus Vigoratus, which meant White Healer. I can understand the white part, but Healer doesn't quite fit. True, she never gets hurt, but that doesn't mean she's some sort of doctor! Maybe it has something to do with her breed. She named the green one Occultus Silva, which meant Hidden Forest. I guess that fits, because she hides in the new trees all the time. She named the blue one Insulto Lacus, which meant Leaping Lake. I bet she named it that because he likes to do these CRAZY jumps and flips when he plays in the lake! And last but not least, she named me Loricatus Angelus; Armored Angel. She called me an angel! Maybe this human is okay after all. After all, she said that she raised all these dragons, including me and the other hatchlings. I also got a book to write my journal in now!

See you tomorrow,

Lori

That was my previously unhatched hatchling. biggrin.gif Oooh! Here's Sub's!

Dear Journal,

I have the perfect present for Hil! I was mining in Dec's mine and I found an opal that was red, green, and gold! All of Hil's colors! And I was talking to Venia and she told me that Hil hangs out in the surrounding forest and just gazes at the moon longingly for some reason. The perfect place to catch her! Maybe this is going to work out!

Wish me luck,

Subitus

Journal Entry: 59

Date: Unknown

Time of Day: Early Evening

Dear Journal...

It seems like an eternity has passed since last we saw the Light of Day.

Where a world of ruin lay behind us it appears myself, our keeper - Alex, and my clanmates have escaped a most... unpleasant existence, and entered a new, almost utopia-like realm.

Much of it is grasslands although there are mountains to the west of where we arrived and made camp. At least, I think t'iz the west, for it is where the sun set today. I will admit, I am unsure if the sun rose from the east and set to the west, or vise versa.

In any event, we arrived. Alex is exhausted after opening a gateway massive enough for us all to fit though, especially our Terrae. We are currently waiting for Alex to rest up, and upon daybreak we shall likely set off towards the mountains to look for a cavernous new home.

Acheron and Shakti are going to have a migraine if they keep worrying like they do. They haven't left Alex out of their sights since he collapsed after leaving the portal. I am worried, yes... But then he did reassure us all is well. Obsessing over it hardly helps...

Well, there is not much more to say, really. This place seems really tranquil. There are herds of prey for us, yes. But no other humans or dragons to take advantage. Curious...

Anyway... I'm reaching the end of the page and wish not to start on the next with mindless babbling. So... I shall go rest up for tomorrow now. It looks like we have a long flight ahead of us.

~Xarvis~

======================================================

New Entry:

Hello... little notebook.

We arrived, and pretty much everything went as planned.

Except for Alex... something's wrong I just know it! I told him not to try something he was not fully capable of doing! Opening a gateway of such scale...

When is he ever going to start listening to me?! He's always so... bloody reckless!

I swear, if he doesn't pull through this I will kill him!

Ugh... and then I worry and he's all... "I'm fine, I'm fine. Just tired!"

Bending the fabric of space and time with magic is hard enough even for a dragon.

Often there are aftereffects that last, even for our species and he... he's a human.

Dammit... I hope he's alright. I need to go check again.

...Shakti

End of entry.

Edited by Ælex

How odd. How very odd indeed.

I don't usually write, but I must write this, for I fear I shall lose my mind if I do not. I am sure you will not laugh at me, dear journal, but if you do... well, it is a risk I must take. I have told several others of this, but they just asked if I was feeling well, or outright called me a liar.

Who would ever lie about something like this?

It started some months ago, after I had been created. The mage was a great thief as well as a practitioner of magic, and had countless false identities to help keep her safe. She created me simply or her own needs- rather than carry dozens of different means of identification, she wished to have a single scrap of paper that could read the minds of those she showed it to, and appear as whatever was needed. A simple enchantment wouldn't do, oh no. She had to create me, a mockery of a dragon, in order to meet this goal. Said it had something to do with the fact that dragons are natural telepaths, and their scales were often used in enhancing such powers in humans. I don't know.

But she got what she wanted and abandoned me, until I was found by a most unusual man. Very kind, don't get me wrong, and very happy to help point me in the direction of libraries and art galleries that could use papers that appeared as whatever patrons needed. All he asked for in return was a small piece of my tail, said he had similar needs as my creator, and needed a great many documents for his line of work, but he was in no way a thief. Just a.. a traveler. Just a traveler.

Now, this is where things get strange. After he left, once I had been settled into a library, I followed him to get in one last 'thank you', but I never had the chance. He slipped into this box, this huge blue box about as tall as I was, and it just.. it vanished! It vanished in this great gust of wind and light, and made a sound like a Stone dragon with a sore stomach.

I am very glad he suggested I live in a library, though. While others may not believe me, I will do everything I can to learn the truth behind this... 'doctor', as he called himself. Ha. Doctor. Just another false identity, I am sure, he looked nothing like a real doctor...

-Psychic 'Psy' Paper.

Dear Journal,

I did it! I finally manned up and asked her out!! With a little help from Decorus, I framed the opal in a golden ring with holly engraved into the sides. Then I hooked the ring onto a silver chain necklace. I presented it to her and she loved it! It's a miracle! I totally thought she would turn me down, but I managed to win her heart somehow! I'm so happy this is working! It was a total long shot, and I'm not very romantic either. Anyway, I heard about this place where all these soon-to-be dragon couples were gathering to dance or something like that and she said we would go! This is working like clockwork!

I'm on top of the world!

-Subitus

I'm so happy for Sub. <:) Here's Lori's:

Dear Journal,

I went around and got to know the other dragons today. Kinners has one mixed bag of dragons, that's for sure, although she only has ten dragons, including me and the new hatchlings. I met the purple one first, and he said his name was Decorus Diluculo, which means Graceful Dawn. He showed me a secret mine that he had been working on. He said that he looks for iron and other valuable stuff and makes armor and other things out of it. He showed me a cool thing called a claw gauntlet, and it's basically a metal glove for dragons with sharpened claw-tips. After that I went to meet the Christmas dragon, Hilaris Noel. She taught me how to do math and how to read, and she gave me a sample of this ointment that she uses to polish her horns. She told me that it might work on my shield and even make it sturdier! I didn't even think that was possible! Then I saw Kinners' Skywing, Volatilis Divum. He was doing these crazy tricks in the air, including dropping from hundreds of feet into the sky down to ground level! He saw me watching and introduced himself, and taught me a couple tips about flight. I was walking around looking for the next dragon to meet, when I felt something tap my head. I looked up and saw nothing but a cloud. I kept walking when something seized me behind my front legs and hoisted into the air! I growled and slashed out with my claws, all the while holding up my shield at ready. I heard a gentle laughing and opened my eyes. I saw a daydream dragon sitting on a cloud next to where I was being held. She set me down and introduced herself, and she told me her name was Venia Somnium. She taught me a couple of funny jokes and pranks and then set me down so I could meet the next dragon. The last one I met was Subitus Turbo, the gray dragon. He told me his favorite hobby: making storms. I asked him what kinds of storms and he told me he preferred cyclones, like hurricanes and tornadoes. He described a bunch of storms for me, and I learned a lot! I had no idea that hurricanes could have thunderstorms, floods, and tornadoes in them! I have to go now, I stayed up in bed secretly to write this, and I'll be dead if Kinners finds me staying up later then I'm allowed to.

See 'ya later,

Lori

Edited by kittymeow626

Dear Journal,

There are six clan members now! The guardian hatchling grew his wings a few days ago and joined. Now we have:

Tiny Sentinel of the Clouds (me)

Morgana the Black

Onhaetan Wataer (new black hatchling: "he" isn`t gendered)

Kludd of the Pure Ones (the Guardian)

Parva Stella (fully recovered)

Merydin

Well, there we have it! And also, the first vampire grew up. Another vamp. egg hatched, and we have an ochredrake egg and hatchling. There`s a pygmy dragon egg that`s close to hatching and a water walker egg. According to my mother, the vampire Doomed by BSL bit one egg after growing up, but all of the dragons rejected it.

Well, gonna have to go organise the hunt! Bye!

Tiny Sentinel of the Clouds

Dear Journal,

It's been quit a while since I wrote in this thing. A lot has happened and our clan gets

bigger and bigger each day. There are more battles, more baby hatchlings born, and

more warriors to make our clan bigger and stronger. Our master is trying to keep the

death toll to a minimum so we can't lose any clan members. We already have two sick

eggs that came today and master is trying very hard to save them and make sure no

dragon fools around with them, especially the vampires. They wanted to bite the sick

eggs but it's too risky. Master also has to protect another egg thats not even sick

because it's possible that egg might get sick too. There is some good news though,

we have a grey hatchling that will be coming out of it's egg. Master said she's been

needing another grey dragon. There really good in battles. I must go now. Master

is trying to warm up the cave by starting a fire. It's especially important for the

eggs. Until next time,

~Kind Nature

Edited by shopgirl998

Dear Journal,

The dance was great. Me and Hil were the best dancers of them all, and we haven't even been to such a thing before! She said that we should take this to Kinners, and tell her about our decision. She told me that some people who raise dragons like she does choose the pairs, but she thought that Kinners would understand. Anyways, Lori and the rest of the recently-matured dragons had to go find some eggs to prove themselves a couple days ago, and they found some pretty good picks. Silt went to the coast and went really deep, so deep that even his ears popped. He did manage to find an egg, though, and judging by where he found it, I had a good idea of what it might be. Today the eggs hatched, and I was right about what it was. At least, I think. It looks like Silt, but with darker coloring and some sort of light dangling in front of its face, like an angler. With the dragons maturing and the eggs hatching, Kinners needed all of the adults to pitch in and do some remodeling again. She dug a short hole by the freshwater lake, and then we helped to create a large, dark room. She filled it with water and used a spell to make it saltwater. She put the dark colored hatchling in it and things went, well, swimmingly. She needed to make the freshwater lake bigger for Silt, so we carved and dug at the sides of the pond so soon it was no longer a pond, but an actual lake. We had to carve into a mountain to make it big enough, but on the bright side, now we all have a shady pool to relax in during the summer, courtesy of the stone canopy we have now. Lori also carved that canopy so it was nice and flat, and she sleeps there instead of in her room now. She even dug a cave into it in case of harsh weather. The new Games Guild that Lori, Niv, Silt, and Occie created is actually kind of fun, I'm pretty good at drag racing. Occie still owns me at it, though. Maybe I can get better!

See you later,

Sub

Ugh. That remodeling took FOREVER, but I'm proud of Lori for making her own shelter like that. She still has to pitch in and carve new rooms in the main hall for the hatchlings when they gender, though. X D Sub's journal pretty much sums up all the recent happenings, so I won't include any other of my dragons' journals.

Dear Journal,

Good news! The sick eggs survived the night and hatched into healthy hatchlings. The

Blue striped egg is still...An egg but the hatchling inside is on it's way. The problem is

there all going to be frozen hatchlings except for the blue striped one. Young

hatchlings can't go into battles. It's too risky. Hopefully when the blue stripe hatches

he/she will be good in battles. I can only hope. I'm not really sure why Master wants

so many frozen hatchlings? There not good fighters and they barely have any scales?

Well I must go now. Master is counting on me to watch the new hatchlings so they

don't get sick. They were already sick eggs and she doesn't want them to be sick

hatchlings.

~Kind Nature

Dear Journal,

Kinners agreed! Me and Hil are official!! I'm unbelievably happy this worked! Now we get to share a room and everything! And I'm getting better at this drag racing thing. They raised enough cash from game passes to build a new racetrack that's in the middle of a desert you can see from our cave, and I found out I'm pretty fast on sand for some reason. Nobody else is. Another thing they built is an arena for wrestling, since Dec asked them to make wrestling an official game. I don't blame him, he's a genius at it! I tried it out, but I'm not so good at it, seeing that Dec beat the crud out of me.

See you later!

Subitus, the happiest dragon in the world

<:) Here's Ferus' (My Earth Hatchling) journal:

Dear Journal,

A couple days back, Kinners gave me my name. She said it meant Fierce Wildcat, but the other hatchlings tease me because I'm so small and helpless. Earth dragons are supposed to be huge, but I guess I'm just the runt of the litter. It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it. I'm thinking that someone is supposed to be me. At least I'm quick, and I have sharper teeth and claws then them. Maybe that's why she named me Fierce Wildcat. Either way, I wish I was more like my namesake. I don't scare other humans or dragons at all. Especially not dragons. But at least we get our own rooms now. Kinners said that now that we had gendered we needed our own rooms, so the adult dragons helped us to carve our rooms out of the two secondary halls. For Pro's room, they carved it into the underground saltwater lake, like they did with the adult water dragon, Silt. They didn't carve one for me, though. I just moved into the one that Lori, the guardian, used to sleep in. Now she sleeps in a cave she dug that's above the pool. That's where the games guild go for meetings now.

So long,

Ferus

Dear Journal

It's been so long since I wrote in you I decided just to start over again. So a couple months ago there was a large competition for the leader of the cave. Army Shield fought hard but lost to Coal Fire, so now her and her life long partner Glowing Ember lead the cave. They do a good job of it to. Right now there is a nebula hatchling that Chee is just crazy about. We have a small army of vampires which will be very useful if we ever need to fight, I've been made the general of the army since I am the best fighter in the whole cave. The element dragons are trying to summon some kind of gaurdian dragon, I hope I don't have to fight it I would hate for it to get hurt.

A human tried to come in and steal one of the more defensless dragons that was sleeping by the entrance. Chee was way far back in the cave were the water dragons stay since there is a tunnel that leads to a lake behind the cave back there. So I came out of my den and roared to scar off the human, he immediatly dropped the poor little dragon and ran off screaming. Since it was daytime the stone dragons weren't able to defend the entrance like they do at night. So in an angry rage I stormed off to find Army Shield, it's his job to gaurd the entrance durring the day. I found him asleep in his den and quickly woke him up with a roar right in his ear. He woke up flustered and I continued to yell at him for his ignorance. He ran to the entrance to take up his postition and I angrily stormed out of the cave to go flying to get rid of some steam.

- Black Sail Feathers, CB Black

Edited by chee

Well, everything has calmed down.

Yes, that is true. Last I wrote in you was a while and since then our caretaker has been away a lot but constantly checks up on us when able, leaving the Guardians in charge of the cave while she's away. About that, being the only black guardian is awkward but I've never mentioned it to anyone before... that is until one of the other frozen blacks brought it up. So today I held a small meeting in our special cave for frozen hatchlings off to the section we're put in. But I didn't hold it in that section but instead held it in the 'meeting room' where all the smaller caves connect so everyone could hear about it. Until today not many frozen hatchlings knew I was appointed Guardian of them all by Guardian Ryuu. The meeting went well, all I'm allowed to write, sorry- rules you know.

Anyhow, the head Guardian of the cave, Ryuu, has been on a greater watch lately, letting me once again pick up on writing down how many dragons are here and how they're doing as well as egg status and whatnot. The other Guardians are doing their part, often taking shifts throughout the day and night to protect the cave. But I have to admit, we need a little more of them... DH said she'd work on it but that was a while ago. Gosh, I hope she does so soon... oh shoot! Sorry to cut this report short but Shadow Darias and Durza's Shadow are causing fights again...

~Hopefully will be able to finish you,

Frozen Black Guardian Zail

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Dear Journal,

My name is Killgharah. I`m the newest one in the cave, and gendered. I have hatched in a different cave, and then my former mistress gave me to Arya_the_elven_lady. I was puzzled, but there are several other hatchlings in the cave.

One is a baby chicken, weirdly enough. But Arya is adamant that the little thing is gonna stay. There`s also a 6-dragon clan of frozen hatchlings. Odd, right? Well, I`m gonna go play with the grey hatchling. The weird dull brown one stays silent and brown at daytime, but goes blue and active at night! It`s a strange cave after all!

Bye,

Killgharah

Aside from a few broken rocks and a wall everything is ok. Lie. Complete Lie!

Yeah... long story about the wall breaking and the rocks... the short part is half the cave started to collapse. The few stones and geodes we have tried to help keep the roof up while other dragons searched for larger rocks to put under it. That didn't go too well. So the Guardians evacuated that part of the cave while the two Magmas have been trying to create a few more rocks with the help of the Grey's storms while the other able dragons work on fixing the roof and clearing out the ruble. DH hasn't shown up and we had to put a sign out in the front so she'd know to take the back. Hopefully she wasn't in there when the front half of the cave fell... I don't know what we'd do if she was aside from what we're doing now.

Ryuu is busy directing everyone while supervising the eggs and hatchlings a little further away. A few of the other Guardians are helping get everyone into a new (hopefully) temporary home and the Pygmies are working on finding us Frozens a new network of caves for the time being. Did I mention no one found the poor Zombie hatchling yet? I mean he's a zombie yeah but still, we need to find him. Poor thing is probably trapped in his dark cave... A few of the Pygmies have been looking with the help of a couple Frozen Blacks and a few Frozen Vines which used to be part of his small Vine Clan he had before he died...

In hopes everything goes well and DH shows up soon with the zombie,

Frozen Black Guardian Zail

(coding fail...)

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Dear Journal,

The cave is filling up so quickly, especially with young dragons. Remember when I told

you that master loves frozen hatchlings? Anyways she said that there aren't going to be

some frozen hatchlings for a long time because we need more warriors. There are

some new Canopy dragons, a silver hatchling growing up, A Magama hatchling that's

maturing, A red Dino??? (No use in the Dino's but master loves them), a young

hatchling thats my breed, (Day Glory) and many more. These young dragons will be

trained and hopefully do well. Our next battle is next week and hopefully we'll win. The

Remaining eggs and hatchlings will stay in the cave were it's safe.

Until next time,

~Kind Nature

Didn't find the zombie yet and we found more eggs. Under- yes under. Under what? Well that wall that broke- that's fixed. That's when we found some new eggs on the other side with a note that was too wet and smudged to read. Two eggs were vampire and one an albino but the odd ones were the winters we found. 5 eggs was a little funny but one of the winters hatched as soon as we found it so we took them all in. So Ryuu has me watching the hatchlings again. The two vampires are constantly trying to scare others which I spent most my time chasing them around to keep them in the pen I made in case of more walls breaking...

As for our caretaker, we found her out back watching for a few moments before she said she had to go. She's been helping after that day and is trying to get a few more people help fix the ceiling. We're currently having a leak from that ceiling- or what isn't a ceiling...

But everything is alright- not great but alright,

Zail

Authors Note: I have a 7 Gen PB Horse Dragon Lineage Project just starting and then I tripped over this topic and went, 'brilliant idea'! This is going to be in a little bit of a different perspective because I'm skipping the egg stage entirely and only writing about the adults and hatchlings. It will also reflect more of a herd mentality because obviously their part horses!

Early Winter, 05/02/2011

The strangest thing happened to me and I still do not understand it quite. Here I was wandering around the snow covered plains less then two or three weeks ago and now I am here with them, it is all rather confusing. Let me try to explain this a little more...

My name, at least what the Mistress calls me is Seeker's Unity. But, it seems that everyone in this herd has the word Seeker's in front of their name... Is it a possession thing maybe on her part? Anyway, one day I was pawing up some grass since there didn't seem to be any prey about, its very tasteless and bland but, in these hard times you can not be picky if you want to live. When this human on another Horse Dragon appeared. She had this weird looking black kind of rope in her hand and I was shocked and appalled that the Horse Dragon under her just allowed itself to be ridden like a common mule! I tried to run though being so weak with hunger the woman over took me and caught me.

The Horse Dragon that was serving her began to speak to me, telling me she meant no harm and the woman's name was Selena. I was selected by her to be the foundation of a massive breeding project and nothing I was going to say or do was going to make a difference. Then another Horse Dragon appeared and called out to the female Horse Dragon, he called her Allessia and she called him Medivah. It seems they were mates or something because he was worried the 'wild one' might hurt her. The human, Selena, called him over by name and gave him a little pink thing. It crunched in his teeth and he seemed to enjoy it.

Despite my many protests another rope was produced and around my neck. One rope was tied around the neck of Allessia and the other Medivah. Perforce I was dragged back to this place where I met another two Horses in my position, apparently the Mistress calls her Seeker's Dark Secret, I call her DS for short. The other, Seeker's Ritual, was just as mad as I was about this whole situation. We were shut up in a cave the first night with Medivah and Allessia. Who proceeded to explain to us what our purpose was and how we were expected to behave. The Mistress was not a bad human nor would she treat us cruelly in return we were expected to obey her rules. I did not under this until the next morning...

When dawn came the Mistress returned and put collars on Ritual, DS and me then set us free. She mounted up on Allessia and rode out to watch us. We ran or flew what seemed to be a good many miles until it was as if we'd run into the side of a cliff. There was nothing there! We panicked and took off again but, found ourselves unable to pass a certain point. Allessia then explained that there was magical spell linked to our collar and the boundaries of the Mistress' land. The only rule there was, was that we couldn't leave! We were angry and turned on the human and Allessia. The fight was short lived when that stallion Medivah showed up.

Eventually after several days we discovered that the boundary was rather massive but, there seemed to be one large cave that we were expected to return to when we were called. This happens a lot as the Mistress lives to visit us often to give us treats. The strange pink things, called mints, are very tasty. She does not try to ride us like she does Medivah and Allessia. I think she understand that we are still wild dragons, the pair however, follow her around all the time.

About a week ago the Mistress brought in another pair, Seeker's Pride and Seeker's Glory. Pride is a mare and Glory a stallion. They came together and Pride looks like she's carrying something so I assume they were part of a small band and the Mistress singled them out. Glory does not like Mistress and attempted to attack her, we saw the bite marks on her arm. Medivah and Glory had a big fight so neither one likes the other. Allessia attempted to make peace with Pride but, like her name, because of Medivah she hates her. Glory and Pride seem to have taken over as head of the herd I guess as the Mistress keeps Allessia and Medivah apart from us most of the time.

Glory is friendly with us and attempts to protects us from the Mistress, though his first duty is to Pride, who is alright when you get to know her. Recently Mistress brought another mare to our herd called Seeker's Twilight, she seems very fond of this mare and Twilight seems to like the Mistress. Once when Glory attempted to kick the Mistress, Twilight kicked him! That started a fight between the heads of the herd and Twilight. Allessia and Medivah stepped in to quell the unrest. The Mistress speaks of 'finding a mate' for Twilight, do we not get to choose who we mate with? It does not seem like it but, maybe it wont be so bad after all.

It sounds like the Mistress has come, I can hear her speaking to Allessia and Medivah now. She's asking them to go round us up. The sound of metal means she has brought more mints and I smell game. So I think we are going to have a meal too. There is a lot of water and grass, unfortunately most of the things we hunt are hibernating right now and the Mistress does not want us to starve or grow ill. She is as kind as Allessia first told me, though I still miss my freedom.

Dear Journal,

Busy day today. Seems like the cave has fallen in, and Drac is stuck on the outside. Aunt KnifeGuard took things into her own paws, feeding the babies and restoring order with her army. DaLang and Baozhu shared their TV to pacify the hatchlings while everyone else tried to dislodge the blockage. Drac seemed unfazed, she claimed it was a 'system upgrade' the Grandmaster had announced. Still, we are starting to lose air. Help?

~ScrollKeeper, Official Tabluator of DracCave

Early Winter, 06/02/11

There was a surprise for us today it seems, Pride and Glory and a foal of their own! Pride is, of course, extremely proud of her little one as is Glory. DS, Ritual and myself were allow to visit the little one, Twilight was not. In fact, I am sure that Twilight never even came at all, this confused me greatly. Eventually Allessia, Medivah and the Mistress came. The Mistress squealed with joy and hugged everyone including Glory, who was to surprised to attack her for it. However, this wasn't the end of this surprising day.

We, being DS, Ritual and I, followed our still excited Mistress. Allessia and Medivah, one on each side of her seemed calm and cool though the human couldn't contain herself at all! She led us into the cave where we found Twilight with a foal! We looked confusedly at each other for a time before the Mistress explained that instead of taking adults now, she was taking hatchlings. The winter was very hard on the adults and Allessia managed to convince several wild Horse Dragons to allow the Mistress to take their foals. What did she say foals?

Yep, she said foals. Twilight took one to raise and protect and I was to take the other. Me? Take care of such a wee thing? Paper is not for eating you! Sorry, it thought it could eat the journal. All it seems to do is eat! Maybe I should take it outside and let it learn what snow and cold is. The mistress said the foals me and Twilight have are not to leave the cave, but the foal of Pride and Glory is about the same age as these? She want it outside with them. DS and Ritual like to hang with us, though Ritual as left us one or twice to make sure - Hey! Sorry it fell on me. Make sure that their okay out there too.

Oh no, here comes that other one! Twilight's looking for it and now its chasing mine around the cave, my do they squeal! There's Twilight now, asking me if I've seen the foal. Aw, now that is kind of cute. Mine just kicked hers and now its running back to mommy while mine returns victoriously to my side. I could get used to having them around... Maybe.