Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

Journal,

Log Progress:

New eggs- hatched

newer eggs- doing ok, sometimes are soft but that's fixed for now

hatchlings new and old- well behaved so far, older are close to growing up and they're showing it. New aren't getting along too well with each other but with the other two they're fine

/end log

So far everything's been fine. I've treated the two newly hatched hatchlings of a sickness, even though one just received it and that was gone in a matter of minutes. They seem to like opposite things, the odd brownish one stays with the magi for a bit while the bluer one stays closer to the ice hatchling. This I and all the Guardians found quite odd, never before had we seen any hatchling, even the Helfire, dislike another type- even if they hatched a day, minute, week, apart. So needless to say, we're working on making those two friends and my caretaker hopes that when the two new eggs hatch they'll set a good example for the 'unfriendly' ones. They are the same species or so Ryuu says. Well that's all for today.

Zail

dear journel,

dragon is still coming and getting new eggs.a sun egg was born yesterday.dragon seems kind of annoyed though she keeps checking on a pink egg.

i have to go,dragon's back

emeraldhope

July 23, 2010

Dear Journal,

Wow! It's been awhile since I last written. I guess I kind of forgot about it and found it under a pile of rocks the Earth dragons dug up. Anyways there's been many changes. We have SO many new breeds coming in and new arrivals. The cave is filling up pretty fast.

Some of the new breeds have been great, others...not so much. There is one dragon that is called a "Spitfire." There temper is very short so I always have to keep reminding myself to be careful what I say around them. I'm guessing they could be very brutal in battle. Just think if they work together with the black dragons and Guardians...That can be frighting.

The Coastal Waverunner isn't so bad though. His name is Ocean Gaze and he spends his free time catching fish in the ocean... Not something I would do for fun but he's OK. Theirs rumors going around the cave that he can go flying for days without landing to take a rest...I'll believe it when I see it.

~Kind Nature

Dear Diary,

The wind lashes at the nest, and the poor little un-hatched ones must be forming icicles inside their shells! But since I am a Summer Dragon, and have maintained the warmth of summer, I have to rest my posterior on the poor little eg- er... too much information? Well, at least they didn't ask Celeste to sit on them. She's an ice dragon, and I know she means well... but, well... she's an ice dragon. Yeah.

Well, the mistress has been busy catching the poor little critters, and she's in a good mood, because her 'day of birth' is in two suns.

I must be off. Any longer and I will look like Celeste.

-Willow 

Edited by Vampress_13

July 25, 2010

Dear Journal,

You're not going to believe what me and Master found. We left the cave this morning to catch some fresh air. As we were going deeper into the woods we can smell something very odd. It smelled very familiar but I couldn't put my claw on it. Master thought it smelled familiar too, so she followed it.

The smell got stronger and there we found a grave yard, filled with dead eggs and hatchlings. Master still kept a straight face and explained what people do to dragons these says. Some hunters will kill for there scales while others just don't want them anymore. It's sad but true. Some of the dead eggs are even new species of dragons.

Master also told me that some just don't know how to take care of a dragon egg or hatchling and they end up getting sick and die. Sometimes the killings are even just a accident by humans or vampire dragons. That's all I have to say for this entry...

~Kind Nature

Journal,

Log/

Status of Cave: Hot, needs the electricity to be fixed so we can get the air-conditionings running.

Status of Dragons: Happy but restless.

Status of Eggs: So far so good, fogged until 5 days.

End Log\

So not much to add to this but so far we've been busy taking care of the new eggs coming in. The rest of the Guardians are working on the electricity so it can take on the air-conditionings. Ryuu has promoted me to a 'High Guardian' even though I am not. Haven't figured out why but he says that keeping the log is all I need to do right now, that and watch the eggs. Have to go now.

Zail

Wow three journal I found

======

Dear Little Journal,

I have been smaller dragon in the cave and I hope other huge dragon here wouldn't accident crush on me. My owner is bringing few more egg back from a HUGE mountain... that's all for today..

Nano Nano

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Dear Dairy

My owner and some dragon are digging up whole cave for more space its... just abit small around here... maybe we could create a new mountain or else we will have to dig into underground. anyway another guardian has born, when they grow up I imagine they will do some boring guarding job I wonder what they do to entertain themselves? hmmm when they grow up I should observe them..

I should go now there is still alot of digging to do..

Speedz

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Hello my journal

how are you? My owner are giving random name to each dragon almost every dragon in this cave are named with weird name but he said it make sense for him... wonder what's up in his mind

Jungle Lurker

Edited by mountainy

Journal entry 43,

Log/

Status of eggs: Great

Status of Hatchlings: So far great

Status of Cave: electricity needs to be fixed... someone just now blew a fuse.

Note to self; have meeting with elders about a better fuse box with electric protection barriers...

End Log\

Well, the air-conditioning is up and running... well was. The hatchlings and eggs have been good. Yet I still wonder why I'm the one looking after them. Sure there's the slight shortage of Guardians but I mean, why not get someone else who isn't a frozen hatchling and isn't part of the odd black dragon clan that isn't really a run-o-the-mill clan? And why is our caretaker stocking up on waters? She's never stocked up on one dragon... except reds for that one time... but still.

The slightly confused Zail

((Hm, I want to try this, it sounds fun! :D))

Journal Entry One: Thursday, August 19th, 2010.

Time seems to have flown by since Tariss dragged that last burlap sack into our cave. I've always told her off for treating the new eggs like that, but she just responds with a shrug.

"They're not going to break..." is always the answer.

I'm actually a little irked to admit she's right. Dragon eggs are too strong to be broken so easily. Ever since I was a hatchling, one of the first eggs ever brought to this cave, I've never seen one broken by anything other than the baby it's protecting...

Oops, I seem to be deviating a little here.

Today, the new eggs hatched. The grey is a little bad-tempered- and I've been bitten twice already! Tariss had to pull it off of me earlier this afternoon: but it's a good thing he got the idea quickly. I wouldn't like to see what would happen if he tried that on Inferno. She's a nasty piece of work if I do say so myself, even for a hellfire.

The little daydream seems lazy. It hasn't moved from the nesting chamber since breakfast and even a good nip on the tail from the grey didn't persuade it to shift. On the other hand, I can't keep the newest ochredrake still: I swear it hasn't stayed in the same spot for more than three minutes at a time. I pounced on him earlier today but he was too fast for a slow, old waterwalker like me.

The newest spitfire can't breathe fire yet, thank god. The last hatchling of that sort Tariss brought in set fire to the nesting straw and got into a fireball-hurling match with Inferno when I wasn't looking! I can't describe my relief when Favrile grew up and matured a little- she was a nightmare!

Finally, the guardian hatched a while behind its brothers and sisters. What did I expect, though? Being a third-generation Lotus, he's probably going to be snooty: having a long family name and all that.

Oh dear, the spitfire just set Tar Lief's tail on fire... I'd better go help.

Pondweed, signing out.

((yes it is.))

Journal Entry 44,

Log|

Status of eggs: some hatched. some fogged and I'm not sure why.

Status of Hatchlings: restless except for the vampires.

Status of Cave: electricity is back, air-conditions work and the protection barriers are dragon proof, be they electric dragons or otherwise no one can get in without a key.

End Log|

And no, I don't know where the key is... I think our caretaker has it. But Ryuu's back from his trip last night. He still hasn't found any new Guardians though which we need. But seeing how our hatching section is full, we couldn't take anymore anyway. So maybe that's good for now. Perhaps I could go find an egg for someone once our Pygmy of the Paskinix Clan matures fully. Maybe she can help look for some.

~Optimistic Zail

Okay, so I started this months ago, wrote more, but never got around to posting again. To make up for that, I'm quoting the first part (with minor edits) and adding the next part, and will post more as often as I can (without double-posting). These aren't exactly journals, but with luck they're close enough. Who knows - maybe posting these will inspire me to finally write Fulnar's "World Tour" journal.

Letter from Elciar of Dragontown to Kyti Fallingleaf

The following was delivered to me by a rather nervous scribe – Jerome, I think his name was.  Disgraceful that I don’t know – he’s been one of the Pygmy Couriers’ staunchest supporters since Isalba first proposed the idea – but never mind. 

He laid a scroll down on my counter with shaking hands and began to tell the most incredible story of how he’d been approached by a vampire dragon the other night and asked to make a transcript of the vampire’s thoughts.  Clearly a trick of some kind, or else Zytengabar needs to improve security – imagine a vampire dragon wanting the services of a scribe.  The vampire dragon had even brought payment – a neatly exsanguinated rabbit.  I must admit I’m at a loss, though, to explain the very real vampire egg Xywin found outside his shop this morning.

I still suspect one of our adolescent magis of having concocted some elaborate prank, and am sending an express letter to Ahuo by Zephyrus Courier – between herself and Ursegarm, they should be able to flush out the culprit.

If my instincts are wrong and this is no prank, and we indeed have a civilized vampire dragon lurking in our midst, I’m also sending a request to the Goldenmage Assembly to send us a magi scribe, to spare poor Jerome’s nerves should a repeat occurrence happen.  They generally have more than they know what to do with – all the dragons who fail to meet the rigorous standards of training yet who are reluctant to just leave generally learn to levitate a quill to earn their keep.

I hope you find this record of interest, even if the authenticity is rather dubious.  If nothing else, it should be great material for that draconic folklore treatise you keep threatening to write.

Yours respectfully,

Elciar

Being a Record of Information Relayed to the Scribe Jerome by the Vampire Dragon Janbek the Wise

As I was out wandering this night, being between weyrs, I came across a vampire dragon carrying an egg.  She was not Kezelgra, my first-turned and evil incarnate, loath as I am to use that last phrase.  Upon spying me, she hissed, the egg dropping unheeded, and fled.  The egg – so precious, so fragile – was unmarked, unturned, and I hesitated briefly, pondering my next action.  The egg was guardian, and no dragons dwelt nearby, save Zytengabar’s group – sheer suicide for one such as I to venture near. 

The egg, cooling fast, would not survive a search for foster parents.  My only option, then, was to bite – my venom was sufficient, and better a swift death or long vampire life than a slow, chilly ebbing of vitality.  I sat on the ground, positioning the egg between both forepaws for best biting, pondered its fragile beauty, delicately positioned jaws near the tip, and bit most gently.  The egg cooled, growing darker, the punctures quickly healing – another vampire child born of my venom. 

I could not raise the egg, I knew – hard enough, weyrless, to care for myself – and so I brought it to this town.  Dragontown is well-known for fostering all – perhaps even a lost vampire egg could here find a home.  I leave now, trusting my child will be cared for.  Your payment is well-earned, good scribe.  I thank you.

Letter from Kyti Fallingleaf to Elciar of Dragontown

Janbek? You’re sure his name was Janbek? The transcript certainly sounds like him, and I can’t imagine any other vampire calling himself “the Wise.” Jerome’s encounter was no joke, although I’d definitely suggest you talk to Zytengabar and Ornixa about improving security. The last thing you need is Alkan Bloodfang – or, worse yet, Kezelgra – being able to roam freely through the city. Janbek, though, is harmless. Unnerving, yes, but harmless. He has an extremely logical and orderly way of looking at the world, but the trouble is that he expects everyone else to share his viewpoint, which explains poor Jerome. As to why he talks like he’s read too many bad epic poems – well, I’m getting to that.

I’d suggest encouraging Janbek to stay. He only feeds on animals (and would gladly donate the leftovers for Dragontown’s use), and he’s impossible to goad into losing his temper. Some villagers managed to capture him once during the daytime, but once the sun set he was free in a matter of minutes, and of the half dozen humans trying to hold him down, the only one to be injured was the one Janbek accidentally hit with his wing. Heard this second-hand from Kioren, of all dragons, but I’m willing to believe him given his notoriously dim view of humans.

Please tell me Dragontown didn’t do anything foolish, like smashing the egg. Use the growth-halting spell if you must – Janbek will understand why if you explain logically – but a vampire dragon (especially if trained by Janbek) would be a valuable ally. Yes, Janbek did turn Kezelgra, but she was raised by her parents – hard to imagine Jalgafen letting a vampire egg slip through his grasp or Velsig giving up such a prize.

I realize that I still owe you the story of how I came to know Janbek, but I think I’ll hold that tale ransom until I know what happened to the egg.

Kyti Fallingleaf

Edited by Mathcat

Journal Entry Two: Sunday, August 22nd, 2010.

I write this as I hide behind the waterfall in Tariss' cave. It's only been a few weeks since the hatchlings have grown wings, but they're already in the air and causing utter mayhem.

Dark Knight is especially hard to handle. He's supposed to be a guardian dragon- yet he acts like a spitfire or a grey. Where did he inherit this nasty streak from, anyway? His mother is the most peaceful nebula I've ever had the fortune of meeting and his father is likely the most noble guardian in Tariss' entire cave...

Speaking of Tariss, she returned with another load of eggs today: but I reckon she listened to my complaints last time and brought them in with a wheelbarrow.

Amongst the pile was the smallest egg I've seen in years. I've had to seperate it from the others for fear someone may step on it and so I gave it to Aevantar. I feel she has been experiencing a little bit of snubbing lately, so looking after what I suspect is another of her kind will keep her occupied. Who knows, maybe it'll hatch into a male and... well.. we all know what will happen.

Divine, the grey, has taken quite a liking to getting into violent arguments with Borosilicate, the spitfire. It seems a day doesn't go by without me wandering into a cavern and seeing that anything flammable within the room has caught alight or a minature hurricane is making its way toward me- those hatchlings need a stern talking to.

Coffee, the ochredrake, certainly hasn't slowed down as he's gotten older. Zinging about the place now that he's gotten bigger and grown wings, I'm afraid for some of the more unbalanced ones among us. He has already tripped up Violet twice and has taken to barking like a dog when we tell him off. He has been whimpering all day since both Inferno and Firestorm threw fireballs at him- but between you and me, I believe he deserved it...

Wool likes to hang upside-down from the roof of the main cavern and sleep like that. I don't get it, but at she's not causing any trouble so I'm happy for her to remain like that.

Oh dear, Divine has made it rain on Untamed Fire. He's unusually calm and insightful for a hellfire, but he does not look happy right now. I'd better go sort this out.

Pondweed, signing out.

As promised, here's the next part (with one more to follow).

Letter from Elciar of Dragontown to Kyti Fallingleaf

Really, what do you take us for – complete fools? Of course the egg is safe. No further sign of Janbek, unfortunately, given the contents of your last letter, but I’m confident we can raise the egg well. She’ll be our second vampire (no way of being certain of gender, yet, of course, but Vera visited a few days ago and was easily persuaded to work her magic). The first began life as one of Yisdek and Korlen’s eggs – given what I know about both of them, I’m sad to say that I’m not surprised something happened to one of their offspring – and is now a permanent member of Zytengabar’s guards (and was frozen, of course). Kalkabek is a bit overzealous for my taste, but at least has Grywan to keep him in check.

I regret sending that letter to Goldenmage Assembly now, of course, and have successfully cajoled Yant Caurus into delivering an apology with all possible haste. It would still be nice to have a magi scribe, though – with luck, Tynef will be able to forgive my hasty judgment and send me one.

Elciar

Heh, stole this from Zyroc's unit.

Huh, so the others get books, I get the same, only stone. Might as well dump a couple things here. Ok, everybody made fun of me for my mate's name until she became a 'retired breed,' at least thats what Drako calls it. Now I need to find a new mate, and tell Ikaro! Also, Drako came back from the cave with that stickman that follows her around, the stickman carrying a Hellfire egg and a Spitfire egg, Drako two skywing eggs. I'm allowed to foster the Hellfire until I can find a new mate, which is sweet! Also, if its a girl, I hope she has a nice temper. Ok, anything else to say? Not really.

Let flames rain down,

Zyroc.

Edited by Drako_tamer

The last part, for now:

Letter from Kyti Fallingleaf to Elciar of Dragontown

Well, one never knows, does one? Before I met Janbek, I thought that all vampires were like Alkan Bloodfang from the moment they hatched – bloodthirsty and absolutely heartless. I’d hardly have blamed Dragontown if officials had ordered the egg to be smashed, given all the people and dragons who live there and given the reputation of vampire dragons. Speaking of vampires, I seem to remember that I owe you a story.

Some time back, I was researching one of the lost weyrs – don’t laugh, even I know they’re pure fantasy, but even the most outlandish folktales often have some grain of truth. It had come to me some time ago that the circle of mountains at the heart of the Hundred Cities might have once enclosed long-lost Highrock Weyr, though any dragons living there would have perished long ago from starvation – I have never seen that many humans crowded into one place and hope never to again. When I arrived near dusk, I decided to spend the night at the base of one of the mountains, since I was feeling distinctly uneasy (for some reason) at the thought of exploring the region inside the mountains so close to dark. I awoke very suddenly in the middle of the night to find myself nose-to-nose with a young male vampire hatchling. Like you, I thought all vampires were heartless and bloodthirsty, but there was nothing I could do but wait for him to make his first move.

After a few minutes of excruciating silence, I finally couldn’t bear waiting any longer and asked his name. Janbek was willing enough to talk, but reluctant to tell me where he’d come from. I expect some foolish young dragon couple had settled within the mountain circle to raise their young, only realizing after Janbek’s egg was laid that there wasn’t enough food around to sustain life. They’d then had Janbek’s egg turned by a vampire bite, and probably finished by starving. If they hadn’t cast Janbek out by now (and he looked too healthy to have been on his own for long), then they had to be dead.

This left me with the problem of what to do with little Janbek – not that there was any question of leaving him behind, of course. I effectively became nocturnal for the next few weeks – I don’t recommend this, by the way – until I reached one of the human universities that I’d been leaving my findings with. They were glad to take on Janbek once I explained how rational and reasonable he was – I’d never felt threatened by him once in our weeks of travel together. Janbek was adopted by one of the more nocturnal scholars, who was working on translating certain epic poems and liked to read passages out loud to his new friend – which explains much about Janbek’s mode of speech.

Janbek left when fully grown, since he realized (though he couldn’t quite understand why) his presence made certain authorities nervous. As far as I know, he’s been wandering since, never staying in one place for more than a couple of months. I hope Dragontown has the chance to persuade him to stay, since he’d be a valuable asset. This would also give Janbek a chance to raise the eggs he turns, and the world could use more vampires like him.

Please keep me informed about your search for a scribe. I have some contacts at the Goldenmage Assembly, and I’m curious about who might be tempted to accept your offer.

Kyti Fallingleaf

Here's Ikaro's journal writing.

Dear book,

I can't believe it. Ok my dad comes up to me, telling me my breed can no longer, well, breed and he needs to find a new mate. Way to rub salt in my wounds, dad! Right after you say I'll never have a mate, you talk about finding another mate. My old man has done this (strikeouts begin here)tens hundreds thousands(end) so many times, I've lost track! Tomarrow I'm putting out the fire in his heart, which will most likely kill him. Heres the plan-

The rest of the paper was torn off. I gotta warn Zyroc!

More of Ikaro's writing.

Dear page two,

Oww... Why do I keep forgeting that my dad is a Hellfire? I just got beaten to a pulp, and then some when I took him on! The worst part was when Stick-boy came in to stop me, I thought I could take him on due to his size, but he smashed me, lasered me, and beat me into dust! Only then does dad say that I can still mate, but not with rares or other frills.

Dad, you fail.

Putting my pain on ice, Ikaro.

Heh, whoopsy there, eh Zyroc?

Edited by Drako_tamer

Dear Journal,

It seems like just yesterday I was abandoned by my first owner. I still don't know why they would get rid of the shiny egg that I hatched from. In this new home, it seems that I am the only one of my breed here. I do have a mate, and my new owner says that another of my kind is likely, but so far, it seems that I won't have any eggs. Although, my mate says that we will have some. But I think he's just trying to cheer me up.

•Flower°of˚the°Moon•

She is my first, and currently only, silver dragon. Her mate is a vine dragon. So far, no eggs at all.

Dear piece of eggshell,

Wow, that was an experience. When I hatched, I found out I was suspended in this heated gel of sorts. I could breathe in it like air, but I could also swim around in it! Anyways, I swam around in there for a little looking out at the room, which looked like an alien base of sorts. And just when I thought it couldn't get any weirder, an alien came in with a sitckman. Yes, this was not a dream. The alien found out that me and my neighbor, a Hellfire I think she called it, had hatched and drained the gel out of our tubes, letting us escape through the bottom. Another Hellfire then came in, this one an adult named Zyroc. He went up to the other hatchling and took it in like his own kin, which is what it was, but you get the picture. So yeah, I'm just going to chill out in this new place she put us in and try to get used to the Hellfire's, no pun intended, firey temper.

Weirded out,

Unnamed Spitfire hatchling.

Dear piece of eggshell,

Gah, my roomate is such an idiot! Its constantly 'Where am I, wheres mom, this is too weird, blabity bla bla!' Grr, this proves it. Wyverns are superior to dragons like I said to my roomie before. It wouldn't stop trying to catch its tail just earlier, so I threw a ball at it. And there it goes again! What does it have in its head, mice? Just a sec. Boom, headshot! I hit it in the head with another ball and now its all being a crybaby about it, wah wah wah! Huh? I hear footsteps, I should stop writing.

Surrounded by idiots,

Unnamed Hellfire hatchling.

Dear Giant Leaf,

Today, me and the others grew up. The three eggs the No-tail was keeping were given away to some place. But, she brought back two smelly, cold eggs and two strange ones. The Blood Eaters said that the cold eggs are of their kind, but I think they are just rotten. The silver one says that the strange eggs are new.

Alpha Rose

Dear journal,

Fantize:

Saturday August 28, 2010

Hello. I am Fantize, and this is my journal. I hope your not bored yet, reader! I am a magma, but I change, depending on what I wish to be! I* hope to hatch soon, because I am using echo location to speak to you. No, dolphins aren't the only ones to use this, but dragons can use this as well. I feel good, but cramped. i want to hatch already! My brothers, sisters, denmates, and any other dragons are un-seeeable, but I can hear them rustling, unsettled. I hear their small voices cry to the adults, the claws scratching around. The plan. The plan, always. I feel like i could burst from the ashes, rising once more into life. That luxury is not here, though. I hope you can spare me a comment? I see something. pink. Pretty, but, not very useful, these days. We need heros these days, I suppose.

End of Log 1.

Dear Mirror....

It is such a delight that I have finally mastered veiled telepathy to the point of being able to store thoughts and memories in a mirror. It is a particularly fine mirror; our strange little human brought it to us when she a-spied some of my siblings admiring their reflections in still pools.

I still cannot speak with my weyr-mates. I can commune easily enough with live eggs and inanimate objects -- listening to stones and trees whisper their age and wisdom to me will never fail to amaze -- but sadly no animal has yet heard my voice. Hopefully it is only a matter of time.

Recently I have taken great delights in finding pets for the weyr's younglings. They are particularly fond of fish, and thankfully giving the little creatures their own floating habitats to live in is simple. The younglings especially enjoy eating their companions when they get sick or very old.

I shall be communicating more soon hopefully; this was only to test the longevity of thoughts stored in our Mirror.

~Magi Conjurus

Journal Entry 47,

Log\

Status of Egg: great

Status of Cave: Good, tune up on electricity is needed

Status of Hatchlings: only one and it's doing good

Status of Frozen Hatchlings: Durza's Shadow and Shadow Darias are fighting again... to the dismay of us all

/End Log

Well as you can see the frozen blacks have started again. And it's not just the two of them, the whole bunch is getting railed up because of it. Guardian Ryuu has appointed me to take care of this as I had before (even though all I did was keep score...) yet I'm not so sure how to stop this now. Perhaps I need to find our caretaker since she's been disappearing more and more often. All of us are getting worried, a few Skywings and Coastal Runners went to look for her. Some of the in-cave Guardians are working on a second team, Reds, Blacks, The Paskinix Clan, Nocturnes, all part of the second team. Once those are out searching we'll send in the third wave, a water based one just in case, along with the able fliers who wish to help. Even the frozens are helping, but sadly most of those are the blacks that asked to be frozen, which I know won't help when there's a fight coming on.

~Worried and Struggling Zail

Dear journal,

When I was opening up the stiff, white egg, the stench of dragons, hatchlings, and eggs hit me. I quickly tried to close up the big hole I had created, but I could hear dragon sounds cheering me on. I felt stiff and white as I crawled out of the egg, and everyone cheered...because I was a paper hatchling, at last!

I quickly befriended other hatchlings. My mommy is a Thuwed so I am too and The Pale Honey were frozen. Whoops I'm not a dragon and Why the heck am I here weren't. I've heard my owner talk about freezing me, but I wouldn't mind being frozen. I'm happy as a hatchling. Plus, some others are envious of my cuteness.

This entry will not be signed by my hatchling name, but as...

Frozenwing

Edited by Cavedragon49990

Dear Journal,

Less eggs are being raised now. I think it has to do with the colder weather coming. We had two hatchlings, but one grew up, leaving the other alone until another egg hatches. The owner has been leaving for a few hours and coming back.

•Flower°of˚the°Moon•

(I've only recently decided on a story for one of my dragons, so consider these to be like... archives. I'll only post a few at a time biggrin.gif There will be three, perhaps four, dragons writing.)

Dear journal-

My wings finally grew in today, and I've been trying to pluck them ever since. Holly was overjoyed, she was even leaving offerings outside of the cave in an attempt to get them! Can you believe it? I guess they worked, since she and I have the 'tri-colored' wings, gold green and red. It looked like we would just have gold for a while, but the other colors started growing in last week.

I hate it. I HATE it. Now Holly has all the more reason to preen herself and never lift a claw, while all the hatchlings scamper around trying to get one of the pretty feathers (what, are mine not good enough? I leave them all over the place, and they're just as shiny!), or males bring her game that could be used to feed others. It's the dead of winter, but Holly has no problem hoarding all the food.

I think I'm going to run. I need somewhere else, I can't be around her any more. Males have started bringing me little trinkets, or food, and I can't be like that. I'm intelligent, I'm strong, I can do my own work... right?

Right?

- Evergreen Ivy.