Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

Dear journal,

today I got a name, and met some new hatchlings, there's Kyrnn and Silvertonge and me now, but the eggs look like their hatchling, Silvertonge won't let me near them though....say's there too young to be messed with

-Ghostfingers

Starting another storyline - the "infamous world tour" that appears in a couple of my descriptions. First entry is a letter, rest will be journal entries.

Kyti Fallingleaf,

You have Merlyn to thank for this, really. If it hadn’t been for him, I’d probably still be stuck with nobody to talk to except my parents and the occasional lost traveler. Merlyn was, of course, the one who suggested the journey. He made it sound like such a great adventure, and quite often it was. Oh, Merlyn and I made quite the pair on that trip – his knowledge was all centuries out of date and I’d never been farther than half a day’s flight from Argent Mountain.

I’ve transcribed a few of my choicer journal entries for your enjoyment. You’ll notice some of the chronology might seem a little off. Sorry – you have no idea how lucky you are to be able to use parchment. At least you can index parchment – memory crystals (at least the ones I had to use) don’t even store information chronologically.

I hope this message finds you well. Please do stop by Argent Mountain the next time you’re nearby. I’d enjoy seeing what sort of an interview you could get out of Merlyn, since even Violet can’t get him to talk about his past. Lady Altevrys is somewhat better than she was the last time you visited, and promises not to insult your research again, and I know you’d like to meet Yulecharm.

Fulnar of Argent Mountain

I am unnamed. Just another out of the seemingly hundreds of reds there are in this cave, even though I know in reality there is only 6 or 7. I am a 5th generation PB red, of what seems to be a noble lineage. Close cousins to the little-known royal family Flikerred, the current Queen being toranovine. As if I care. I want to be normal. I don't want to see the other dragons staring at me just because of my family. The only one I can seem to confine in Alex, AKA Alxcinlian, because he is toranovines's son and therefore had (and still does) have to go through the same ordeal as me. He has just finished another of his exiting tales about Fenin Ro and Phara Lexa, the starters of the family Flikerred. In this particular story, Fenin Ro has just lifted the spell causing the magma Eruptionne to be evil. Eruptionne and her mate Red-Burn are also in the Flikerred family tree, being the second set of starters. The candle roobot has lit is getting low, it must be time for bed. Tonight I think I'll go to sleep wondering just how exactly Fenin Ro lifted that spell.

~unnamed red hatchling

Dear Journal, Fourth Day of The Winter Solstice

I have now successfully learned calligraphy. It was tough though. Veria (My white dragon mother) disapproved of it. Ever since my father died she has been distant and more reproachful. Unfortunately unless we wanted to lose our place in the cave Veria had to be Sir Excalibur's *mate*. I was disgusted. My mother multi-clutched and came up with two white eggs and one stone egg. I looked misplace with a white and stone family. I was an alt black hatchling like my father. Timothy (The stone hatchling) and Simp (One of the whites) usually teased me all the time. The last white Calza was my favorite because she was at least sympathetic. Today everyone was quiet in the cave though. Malvley (The beautiful ampitheater) was snatched by a human. Everyone was shocked. Soon the A.M.D (Armed Military Dragons) had recovered her but she was already dead. I was called to attend her burning ceremony because my dad was close to her. Once the magmas had burned the body they threw the ashes in the spirit pool so Malvley could travel to Lumi (The Dragon Heaven). I had never known anything so mechanholy in my life. Who would murder a dragon like that....The world's mysteries never ceased to exist.

~ Sky, The Alt Black Hatchling

Edited by Skypool

Yegnemi's Journal

September 25th 2010 9:16 AM

It's been 3 days since I've hatched and i think there is something wrong with me.

Everyone tries to avoid me and i always feel like I'm to tired to do anything.

When I made friends with Ragneye yesterday.

I wanted to show me something today and took me to a really lovely place.

It was a special part of the forest that was simply beautiful!

But it was right there i fell to the ground.

I woke up 2 hours later back home to see that everyone was surrounding me.

They were all worried about me...but i felt so....so....trapped.

So i saw a small gap that led out of the crowd.

I ran straight for the gap and ran through it.

I went to my special hiding place and hid there.

Right now that is where i am.

So now I'm writing this at the time of 9:25 AM

Uh-oh i hear someone outside. I'll continue writing after this person is gone.

He's coming in! I think it's going to-----

The page was ripped at the bottom so i suspect that it was accidentally ripped apart.

Edited by Peanut2

I am named. I am the Red- Black Beginning, and my mate is Alxcinlian Alex. I feel that I am finally happy.......

~The Red Black Beginning

Hello again. I'm back with exciting news...... I have had a egg with Alex. This egg, I know to be special, because It combines not three but four very ancient lineages, the first being the Cyhwaters, as Extra's origin unknown, my grandfather. The second is of course the Family of Flikerred, as my grandmother being toranovine(and Alex). The third is me, with my dad of the Claret Roses, and my mother of the Ember's soul. My egg is actually inbred, as Kavian Soul is in both the Roses and the Embers. I does not matter......

~The Red Black Beginning

Today I have noticed something strange about the egg. It has a large orange stripe going down the middle. What could this mean? Updates to follow.

~The Red Black Beginning

This is going to be a small series of events leading up to my role as Middle in the RP I am joining. These dragons are on my scroll right now, the Gold is important. I just need a female silver DX

Dear journal,

Yes! Finally, I have turned an egg! It is rather strange how it happened. Just as I was about to bite a Storm egg, it vanished into thin air. Nobody is sure how it happened, and the egg was never found. So I bit another egg (which disappeared, but only for a moment). It then reappeared as a ashen gray egg with a blood-red cross marking. It has since hatched, but appears dead so far. Then again, that's how all Vampire hatchlings look. Finally, a companion of the same species! In other news, a mysterious egg was summoned by the Legendary Dragons. It hatched into a lavender hatchling not too long after the Vampire egg hatched. Also, Riversong has another egg which she says she'll need on the thirty-first. We have been very fortunate this month...perhaps it has something to do with the upcoming holiday?

Za'thek

(Part of a longer story for an already grown dragon.)

Dear Journal:

The storm has ended. Nearly a week of wind, thunder and sleet, but it's finally ended. We have gone out to survey the damage, splitting into several groups. Samus, B.B. and I were sent to check by the river, where we found... chaos. Trees strewn everywhere, dead animals floating down the flooded river, homes destroyed, eggs shattered and scattered all over.

We helped survivors as much as we could, but there were few to help. The only thing we found was an egg- solid black, and only just above being frozen solid. B.B. said we should leave it, that it had no chance. I'm surprised at how calm Samus remained, given that her hatching was in a similar state. She took the egg back to the cave, and had the resident Red dragons flame it night and day. Everyone, save for myself and Susan, said it would be useless. Even Susan and I had our doubts, we could only feel the faintest hint of warmth still inside.

We shall see.

- Cold Companion.

---------------------------------

Log- xx/xx/xxxx

The cold egg- we were told it is from the Ember species- has hatched. The baby is a little smaller than we would like, but otherwise perfectly healthy. It glows a bright orange, like the embers its egg was nested in, and seems to sleep all the time.

'Seems to' being the key words. Most of the others don't notice, but sometimes I'll see a flash of orange when looking over bounty notices, or when others are talking.

It grows paler, too. Instead of glowing brightly, it fades as time passes...

- Samus Aran

Dead Dragons' Blood. Waterhorse Hatchling.

-----

I can't believe Claw did that to them... What was she thinking? One second she was normal and the next she was going at my best friends with a knife! They weren't even named yet! Mint and Pebble did nothing wrong, either, but she attacked them!

I leapt on her back and tried to pull her off, but she's too big for me. She tossed me aside and whispered "Wait your turn," before plunging the knife right into Mint's spine. Mint shrieked something awful as she died, but Claw was already moving towards Pebble. I tripped her up and clawed at her legs, but she kicked me aside. Kicked me! Claw's never hurt one of her dragons, but she killed Mint and kicked me!

And then she pinned Pebble by the wings and stabbed him too! If I could cry, I would have. My two best friends dead!

and Claw just shrugged and took out a spellbook like it was no big deal! A spellbook! she was gonna use my friends for a SPELL!

I snarled and leapt on her again, but too late as the incantation finished. I sent both of us landing in the puddle of Mint and Pebble's blood, scrambling to get away as Claw hissed at me. I turned to see my friends' corpses disintegrating, and Claw advancing on me with the knife, obviously angry at me for messing up her spell. I growled again and met her head on, getting the blade in my side as my claws worked against her sides. She tossed me off and stood up...

Then apologized for what she had done! and she stalked off muttering something about Zombies! What's up with her? I have to warn the other dragons, quickly!

Heh, I found something old a few minutes ago... xP And since it wasn't finished I suppose I haven't posted it here yet. So here it is:

March 21, 2010;

Remember the good times from long ago… Remember the day he saved you… Remember the life he gave you… I can do it, I have done it. And it’s all thanks to them…

The chilly air outside blew into the cave and lead the snow with it as I laid with Nelivani and Home near the entrance of the cave. My eyes turned to Virupro as he walked deeper inside of the cave, side by side with his “twin sister” Yicesla and their “little brother” Capheru. I was proud of him, my dearest Virupro. I was proud of myself. He was my creation; I was the one who gave him his life. He was like my son, even though I had no sons, nor daughters. They didn’t notice me, still I didn’t care.

“No… No, leave me be…” I watched Home as she turned around in her sleep beside me as if she was trying to get away from something. “Leave me be!”

Slowly and gently I touched her and she opened her eyes quickly.

“Oh, I had such a horrible dream…” she whispered.

“I heard that...” I said as she slowly sank down again and closed her eyes.

“Shouldn’t you be outside while it’s still dark?” she asked quietly.

“I suppose that I should… But I don't want to right now…”

“Aren’t you hungry?”

“No, just tired.”

“Then you should sleep, just like the rest of us.” I turned my head away from her when she said that; sleep, just like the rest of us.

No, I shouldn’t… I’m not like the rest of you.

I’m just a vampire. I’m the vampire Eaxedy; I’m daughter of the night.

~Eaxedy

Found a scrap of paper around where I was a few moments ago. no books or piles of paper for the origin though...

Nov. 22,

You said you'd get it fixed. You said you'd get it fixed. You did. But you didn't fix it. Everything's fine in the cave while you're gone- you come back and promises are forgotten. Why? Well you said you'd get the heating fixed. Nope, the Ember and Magma dragons had to fix it. We tried getting the Helfire's to help but they refused. So you said you'd fix it. Did you? No. Well thanks for coming back anyhow. 'Least we're not forgotten completely.

~Hoping not to freeze to death anymore,

Your dragons

now when did I ever say I could fix a heater? I don't even know how to fix an air-conditioning which I was apparently supposed to fix in the summer...

(this is a Fantastic idea btw!)

Ootamu-san~

The egg has hatched! For many days i thought it wouldn't. It had sat there too long after 5 days without even twitching. Then, there it was, the first crack! I couldn't wait! Saiph had told me it would almost be like being a mother when it hatched. I was the only one there to take care of it aside from Saiph. To make sure the little life inside was warm and happy, I placed my biggest leaves from my hoard around it. At that time, it could have passed off as a pile of old leaves, so I made sure to watch over it in case it was accidently swept out of the cave. By whom, I'm not really sure. Saiph knew what it was, and everyone who visits only stays long enough to have an impact on the egg. Anyways, Saiph named the hatchling Purple Diamond Thorn. This was the third name she chose. The little guy is off the walls insane! I can't keep up with him! It's not just his youthful energy eithor. I must be careful around him, he's so fragile, and I haven't been able to go out flying recently. I'm getting worried again too. The hatchling shows no signs of maturing and it's had nearly 2 days and eleven hours to grow, no change. But, maybe that's normal. I grew up relitively fast, so I'm not sure what to go by. Saiph says not to worry too much. That there's always somewhere to go in case of an emergancy. And that it might just need a little more attention than I did. Oh! Jeez, what a hopeless thing! He just ran into the cave wall! I'll make updates about his status later.

Purple Diamond Thorn~

Todai I ate a leef from Ootamoo-sans hoard. It was gross. I wont tell her. I tride to run away so she wont now I did it but I hit a wall. I need to praktise writin Saiph says. I can talk good but I dont like puting words downe. She sed I will get good at writin wen I get a bit older.

Edited by Saiph

Saiph's dragons journal entry two!

Ootamu-san~

O.K I take back all worry over the hatchlings growth! The thing just sprouted! He's now an adult and Saiph has already brought in the new egg! I can't belive that hatchling! Maybe it had to do with Saiph teaching him how to write? I read his first journal, and oh! It was cute! But now he's as intelligent as me! Well, almost anyways. He still has a bit of damage from that blow he took to the head the day he ran into the cave wall. I think so anyways. So, on to dragon #2, or three, counting myself. I don't count myself being the oldest and everything. So I'll care for it as I did with Purple Diamond Thorn's egg. I 've already covered it mt thickest, largest leaves and I'm standing guard always. At least now though, I have a temporary babysitter to look after it so I can go out flying before it starts to snow. I'd like to go out at least once more to see all of the Autum colours.

Purple Diamond Thorn~

So, I guess this is my first legit journal entry. Saiph said it was normal for me to grow fast like that. I believe Ootamu-san said I was growing too slow, so I'm not too sure what to think on the matter. Saiph also told me I could have my own family if I wanted to. Not just.....not like how Ootamu-san and I are family, but a blood family. I think I'll wait and see what a hatchling is like first. Sure, I've seen many hatchlings around, but I never really looked after one. I'm not really concerned about that anyways. Hnnnn..I don't really know what to put in a journal. Ah, Ootamu-san's going out now anyways so I have to watch over the egg now.

These are more like thoughts of several of my dragons. I have a series of a few dragons that I'm going to do though. Among them Salto Angel, Versace, Tesky, Zeroen, Alabane, Meleonie, Crayzact, Strifa, Thessica, Leondos, Leeta Coldflame, Asherave, Samaira, Leskella, Zelano, Alursa, Zeroen Hephaestus and Festus, and Astartes and Eris. This week, it's going to be Ace and Meleonie, Thessica and the trio Tesky Alabi and Angel plus Zero. Basically, my journal entries tell the stories of how these dragons got to the state I described. You want spoilers? Just go read the descriptions.

Entry 1: Missing

This was the perfect day just a few hours ago. Then it all went wrong. I don't understand what on earth happened. I waited for one hour behind that dang tree! A whole hour! And Tesky didn't find me.

At first, I was mad. I mean, really? The least he could do it tell me he gave up! So it became up to the hider to find the seeker. I went to where I knew Angel had hidden and as if to spite me, she too had moved at some point in the game. Grumbling, I set out to find them both, thinking with their attention span they were probably chasing ducks in the pond again or trying to fly without wings into outer space. No matter how much I explained it to those two, they were determined that they would fly midst the stars one day.

They are both so...alike. He stares at the moon and she the stars. Their minds are usually miles away from what's going on, imagining they are part of a massive battle at sea or exploring the mountains. But that's Tesky and Angel for you. Minds so imaginative, they could probably create Tulpas. They really believe all the myths the Elders tell us. That one about the forgetful dragon who got turned into paper. The story of the first Bluna being born of sea foam; its all childhood gibberish to me.

With their attention spans, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the moment Tesky found Angel, they both got sidetracked and left me behind, forgetting I was still hiding. Some friends.

But as the sun began to set, I still hadn't found them. Not even at our usual hangout for watching the sunset: The beach. This is not like them. Not at all. Sure they might be forgetful and dunces, but Tesky never misses a sunset. He and Angel love to compete and see who spies the first star.

This isn't normal. Something must have...happened to them....

-Thessica

Entry 1: C- The first look at the Adversaries.

I woke somewhere I didn't recognize one bit. The floor was sodden with water and gods know what else. The whole cave was in sort of a dome, with the top out for a skylight. I could see the full moon shining down, casting a bluish light upon the world...wait, that's not blue...Some sort of magic made the moon appear crimson and the light it gave off was just the same. My head was throbbing and I could hear my heart kurthumping away inside it. I counted each beat slowly, moving each part of my body in turn. My left side was sore. And my back left foot was being held by an iron chain.

I tested the bond tentatively and was punished for my curiosity by a zap of lighting coursing through my body. The dang thing shocked me! On reflex, I rose, shaking off the coat of mist and debris across my body.

That was when I spied a familiar face...like from a dream or a dream of a dream. I couldn't remember his name nor his voice, yet his face struck a cord of familiarity. The crippled green hatchling lay in a crumpled heap against the wall, his breathing irregular but he was alive.

I was comforted for some reason that he was here. It made it better and worse to know that another was suffering in the same place. I turned to look behind me and nearly fell five feet backwards, sending another jolt of electricity through my body. A pair of bright gold eyes watched me with amused curiosity. The air tasted of ozone and electricity, as he radiated power.

He studied me for a long moment and I could feel his thoughts, questioning if I should be fried now or later. Finally, he regarded the fellow fallen hatchling, who still lay passed out upon the wall.

Then, as he turned his eyes back to me, earsplitting pain shot across my head. There's simply no way to describe it. It's as if my entire head was aflame and being crushed by a million pounds all at once. Finally, it began to die down to a dull throbbing.

"Salto Angel of Elders and Tesky of Elders," His voice seemed to crack like lightning, precise and deadly. It took me a moment in my dazed state to realize Tesky too was awake and looked as if he just went thirty rounds with a mountain and lost. "you are mine. And so I brand you with this mark."

From either side of him, two dragons materialized. The first was a deep black, with eyes of liquid emeralds impassively watching me as if I were only a mildly interesting bug. The second, despite being a shallow water, bore a certain resemblance to him. The same shade of green eyes, the same manner in which he moved. His orange scales glittered murderously in the red light cast by the unnatural moon. He looked at me and smirked, lifting one, razor sharp claw into the air.

He pressed it upon my hip and I instantly felt this screaming pain as he sliced through fragile skin. I screamed, my own voice mixing with that of Tesky's. Then my tormenter spat a jet of blue flame at me, searing the spot where a small C had been carved. My entire hip was red with blood...my own blood dried to my skin by the intense heat. Blood still oozed from the blistered engraving, which felt deep enough to have been carved right into my bones. I hissed at the orange behemoth and he just laughed and turned to leave.

Tears streamed from my eyes from the pain and I huddled up into a ball for the next few hours until finally and mercifully, sleep took me.

~Angel

Entry 1: Bronze Feather

My head keeps pounding...Where am I? What's that smell? It took a jolt of pain to bring back last night, and with it came the sick realization of what smelled: me. Me or that other dragon. She seemed so familiar...Angel was it? I was sure I knew her. From...somewhere...

I stared around at the environment I'd been placed in. I hadn't gotten much of a look last night; the pain had been too much to concentrate on anything else. What was that that they hit me with? Why the heck does this hurt so bad still?

I gently probed the rest of me with my snout. A sharp shot of pain ran through my leg and with a tiny ping of horror, I realized it had been shattered. How though? I couldn't barely remember my own name....I tested my opposite leg, finding a chain on it. The message was clear: There would be no escaping from here. But where was here exactly?

I tugged on the chain with my mouth and was rewarded with a painful mouthful of electricity. I hissed in pain and rolled over onto my belly, waiting for phantom ghosts of the current to fade. That was when I noticed I had an audience.

"You okay?" Angel? stared at me with a look that almost seemed to challenge me to say I was. So of course I did the natural thing and lied. She shook her head, her aquamarine eyes rolling in the back of her head. She was slight, even for a waterhorse, her aqua body looked like it might snap with the right pressure applied. She couldn't have been more than a couple months older or younger than me.

"What on Earth is this place?" I mused.

"I don't know." Angel replied. "I did hear them talking earlier...I think we're in some sort of canyon."

I took a deep whiff of the air. Sure enough, it was hot and dusty. There was something else on the air though. Something strangely familiar, yet so incredibly putrid I let loose what little I had in my stomach.

When I was finished, I noticed Angel seemed to have done the same. Again I found myself glad that I wasn't alone here. But we weren't alone. I gritted my teeth as I watched the same black who yesterday injured me saunter in. He was young looking, his black wings two undersized canopies. His fore arms were formidable, each lance ending in a gleaming bright white talon. His underside, too, was the white of fresh snow; something I was almost certain we would not see here. Despite his young age, it was clear he was well-muscled and dotting his hide were several white scars.

"What are you doing here? You in charge of cleaning our fewmets?" I'd hoped for some sort of rise, but the black seemed to almost stifle a chuckle. This sound startled Angel, I noticed. She hadn't spotted him.

He glanced at my broken limb and with a touch it healed over. "You know, he should really be more careful with you guys. You're just hatchlings." He muttered and I wasn't sure if I was supposed to hear or not.

"You are to come with me. Both in turn, of course." His voice was low, smooth, and flawless. But I wasn't buying any of what he was selling.

"I am't going anywhere with you." I growled back, trying to sound as feral as possible.

"Suit yourself. You don't come with me quietly, then my brother will take you. And if you don't go with him quietly, well, he's got a nasty temper and the last hatchling to refuse to come with...well, our healers couldn't fix him. They didn't have too much to work with though." He wasn't giving me a choice. Somehow, I believed him about what he was saying about his brother.

I backed down in resignation. He gave me a toothy grin which I guessed was supposed to look friendly but honest to god, he gives that look to a baby and its going to either throw mud at him or cry. I considered the former, but I decided against it. He unhooked the ring hooked it to a collar around his tail I hadn't noticed until now. Great, I was being walked like a dog. I wondered if there was any way I could get free.

"See this?" He said, gesturing to the chain. "It's specially infused with electricity. You jolt it too ha so don't try anything, kid." He then proceeded to walk away. Not wanting to get zapped again, I followed.

Outside was just as I expected as far as climate, but the rest I could never have imagined. The hollow structure me and Angel had slept in looked like abandoned termite mound. Of course, the termites must have been the size of a adult dragon. There were about thirty, some small like little houses others like castles. From the hollow roof of one, bolts of electricity crackled, a constant reminder of the dragon with gold eyes I'd seen last night. There were several dragons of all kinds of breeds milling around, their eyes sunken and hollow. Several of them walked with limps. A few were dragging struggling hatchlings and even an unconscious adult towards a large compound at the center of the camp.

The whole place was surrounded by thick clumps of barbwire, burly-looking guards scanning the fence line. My heart sank. No such luck of escape. Just beyond the wire were sheer cliffs and I faintly wondered why they needed the wire. Those cliffs looked impossible to climb, especially for me. Then it struck me that perhaps the other dragons around me were just as much prisoner as I was. My eyes found a spot on my guide's hip; a bright red C.

We came to a gait and the dragons guarding it stood at attention, like my companion was someone they deeply respected. The gates slung open and my he guided me through, up a dusty hillside which would likely crumble easily if it rained enough.

"What do you think, kid?" He asked me. I bulked at the nickname.

"Tesky. My name is Tesky." I growled. We walked in silence for a while and I wondered if he'd even heard me or cared. We reached the summit of the hillside. What I saw there was admittedly gorgeous. A bright blue river shone about a mile away, where spotty grass started to appear. Just beyond it there was a beautiful evergreen forest and for a moment, I could smell the pine needles and sap. Towering above the treeline was a chain of mountains which sent a sharp pang through my gut for some reason.

"Alabi." The other dragon said. I cocked my head.

"What?"

"My name. It's Alabi." Alabi's rich green eyes met mine. Great, now my captor had a name. Now I knew who I had to pray to the gods they would kill.

I chanced a glance at him. "Just what are we into here?"

He heaved a deep sigh. "Think on it real hard, kid." I grunted in annoyance to the dreaded nickname and opened my mouth to protest, but before I could protest, something did come to me. A half remembered memory, like a dream or the dream of a dream.

"Creorluna." The word didn't even feel like it was mine, like it was in my head, but it didn't belong to me. Just like everything else, I couldn't remember. Alabi inclined his head.

"It means 'Blood Moon.' We are Creorluna, living to correct wrong in our world, kid." I pursed my lips; somehow I couldn't believe that. If they were living to correct wrong in the world, then why did I still have a scar on my hip? Why had me and Angel been taken from...where ever we used to be? And why was Alabi looking at me like a puppy he would have to kick?

Overhead, an eagle flew; a beautiful golden bird with eyes the color of autumn leaves. It struggled against the breeze for a moment, then drifted away toward the mountains. A single feather drifted in a hypnotic pattern down to where we sat. It was a vibrant shade of gold, the same shade I'd seen last night...on the leader of this circus. But this feather was not a madman lingering in the shadows, but rather a old friend I had lost long ago. I picked it up in my mouth, determined to keep it. Alabi watched with mild, amused interest in on his stare.

As I looked at him, for the first time, he actually had an identity greater than some adversary standing in my way. As if that weren't bad enough, I noted the little orange scales speckled across his face, almost like freckles. He was no different than I was a few years ago. And that made me mad. I wanted someone to blame, not to begin to empathize with the bad guy. But still, bigger questions and thoughts echoed across my mind. Why were we here? Was there any greater reason than just to screw with...whoever our parents were?

Tesky

Entry one: Forgetting the Unforgettable

He was there, of course, when we got back. Just outside the hut, his livid green eyes, so much like mine, telling more than they should have. Zero has never been very good at reigning in emotions. And right now he was giving me a combination look, like "Darn, I wanted to 'play' with the other one," "Yay! It's time to break him in!" and "Why do you always get the important jobs?" Through in a little "I'm a murderous raving psychopath and you pretty effectively get Zero.

I gave him a stern look, subtly shifting the hatchling under my watch over a little. The message I was conveying should have been clear: be careful. Tesky is not a toy for Zero to have his way with and toss out. He's a possible...no, he is a future member of our clan and as such, I won't tolerate childishness towards the children. Not even from my own brother.

Zeroen doesn't get the gestural clues, however. But I never stop trying. Maybe one day I can get him back down onto Earth. I go in and say my goodbyes and silent good lucks to Tesky and fetch Angel. She cowers against the wall as I approach and notably winces. I take a moment to examine her and then curse out-loud. With a loud roar I leave the den.

Before he can do a thing to stop me, I snap at Zero, ripping at his ear. "You bag of wormwaste! For gods' sakes! Can't you just grow up a little!"

I had him stunned of course. He never expects to get chided by his younger brother, but he forgets I have power over him now. "We just had a bit of fun." He countered after regaining his tongue.

"You mean you had fun. She, however, is terrified. I'll clean up this mess once, but you're on boarder patrol. Someone else can deal with Tesky." Zero's expression crumpled. He'd never done boarder patrol in his life. He looked like I'd just commanded him to go eat Night's shade.

"You can't do this to me!" He hissed back.

"Zero, this is exactly why you lost leadership. Crap like this." I spat back at him. He lunged at me, but I pushed him off. He may be a shallow-water like Dad, but I was better with magic. It didn't take more than an instant for him to go flying backwards, his pride and his reputation damaged as a few stragglers gawked on, but otherwise unharmed. He left in a big hurry, spitting and hissing curses under his breath.

I sighed and turned to attend to...Angel was it? She was a very small hatchling, her big blue eyes pinched tightly closed. I touched my nose to her small head, willing the memories away. It was something, as Creor, we are taught to do. Negative memories get in the way of everything that is important. So did emotions, but unlike negative memories, they were good in moderation.

She sighed as if content and I could feel Tesky's amber-green eyes on me. I set about the wounds on her side, wincing at how nasty some of them looked. A word about magic: lots of Creor would give their hides to have a black dragon's skill at war magics. But what no one realizes is that many of us would give much of what we have for healing magics. War magics could only take you so far and if you get yourself incompacitated, you're dead. Healing, however, insures you can get back up on your feet over and over, if not a little worse off. Which is why I've spent months refining my knowledge of physical forms over training dark magic like Zero. It's better to be able to get back up again and again.

"What happened to her?" Tesky asked. His little green face was pinched in thought. I looked at him for a moment. He might be young, but I could already see swatched of scaling where the butter-soft scales shifted to shades of yellow. The little wing bumps were prevelant on both Angel and Tesky's backs; a good sign.

"Nothing a little magic and time can't heal." I lied smoothly. Truth was, Angel had just recieved her first of likely many scars...should she last to adulthood. Now she would sleep.

Izdati insists each hatchling has another to cling to. He also insists that each pair have a mentor. He explicitely told me he expected a lot from these two, since I was the one mentoring them. Expecially the boy. He said he expected great things from the boy. I just prayed he was right...

Alabane

Edited by Pinkie

this is about one of my blacks...nothing much just a look into his day...

I sighed, Outside the rain was pouring if there was one thing I hated it was getting wet. Listening closely the cackle of the Storm dragons was clear as day. Jabberwock's was the loudest as he was so called alpha-male in the communtiny , to the other Storm dragons maybe. Not to me or the others. Walking back into the further parts of the cave I saw the Vampire Chrogmaggia rolling around a Balloonegg, playing with it like a cat toy .She seemed happy while the one balloon dragon in the community was held back by the Gravedigger brothers Slaughter and Cobrin. A low growl rose in my throat I lunged at the vampire ,but too late to save the egg.With a crack it broke killing the hatchling. Ghostfingers cried out finally getting away from the black marrows while Chrogmaggia chuckled easlily avoiding my attack. Her playing with the egg had been a ruse. Sudden dread filled my heart as the sounds of scales on sand echoed threw the cave.

Not long after the Wrought prince came into view. He looked at the egg, the crying Ghostfingers and finally at me. With it's true killer gone and yolk on my paws this didn't look well at all... "Did you kill This egg?" His cold ice blue eyes glared into mine. For a second I wished I was the destroyed egg instead of a adult dragon. "Nu-no Sir.." Bowing my head I stole a glance at Ghostfingers, she'd seen the entire thing."Who did then?" The prince's glare was still on me; I dared not move. "He did it He did it! Lost Survivor killed the egg!" Glaring myself I looked at the Gravedigger brothers. They were staring past me right into the eyes of the Prince! No one sane would dare lie like that to him. Ghostfingers opened her mouth to say something but instead stole away wrapping her tail around the remains of her child, taking the egg off to her part of the cave.Thus leaving me alone and accused.

Roselyn Blood was next to arive, as the wife of the only Gold dragon and mother of all his children she held a air of power to her, matched only by Neuge Thuwed and Lady of Cloud. "What is this I hear of a egg killed?" She was addressing the Wrought prince. He bowed his head humblely turning to her "Lost survivor has slain the silver's child with the elder Ghostfingers, He lies and states he did not while Slaughter and his brother do sath it thou true." Roselyn nodded "What does our prince suggest we do with the murderer?" This was it..What ever came out of the Prince's mouth was my fate. Swallowing hard I waited for judgement. Knowing very well the punishment for murder. My fellow blacks gathered around me. Some with looks of compassion and sympathy, they knew me better than to be a egg-slayer others with hateful glares at the Prince. "Lost Survivor, you truly are a lost cause. I banish you from our cave and our kingdom, be gone and join the other outcasts!" The crowd roared around me. Most in opposition of his decree. Shadows of the Eternity bellowed his anger. I reached out with my paw placing it on his shoulder. The two of us were close as brothers. He would miss me...

Well, here's the first entry in Ariadne D'Hennegel's journal. I wrote a few, but then stopped, because I couldn't remember where this thread was. And here it is!

My name is Ariadne D’Hennegel. The last part of my name comes from my lineage: the proud and noble lineage of the D’Hennegels.

My father is a D’Hennegel, too. As was his father, and his parents (who were two of the original D’Hennegels). My father’s name is Dante D’Hennegel. Apparently, misses Thorn likes to take ideas from mythology when naming us.

If I have a daughter, though, I think I’ll want her to be called Hannah. It’s a pretty name. So if I have a daughter, I’ll ask Thorn if she can call her Hannah. And if I have a son, I’ll ask for him to be named Eric, after my friend Erika.

Hannah D’Hennegel. Eric D’Hennegel. Yes, those are nice names.

Earlier today; Erika, Beegee, and myself went to the shore. I went swimming in the water, and Erika supervised Beegee while he built a glass cave. It was a little rugged, but he is still young after all, and it looks like he could have the makings of a true artist!

I caught him some shellfish, and then we went home. He was happy the whole way, frolicking in the tussocks and hiding every so often, only to spring out at us and nip at our limbs as we passed. Erika started to get annoyed, but I didn’t mind. Let the young have their fun, after all!

-Ariadne

how do we get the journal pieces???

You write them yourself. Its basicly a story told from the perspective of your dragons.

P.S. Eggspam isnt aloud. please dont post images of or links to your eggs (or links to your scroll), you can put a link to your scroll in your sig though.

JOurnal of The marrow drinker

My master is a horse. Strange is that, no? dragons follow a Horse... we should be eating them...

but anyway, today saph tossed her head and neighed in frustration at the stripe, who refused a breeding with a seasonal. the stripe and the seasonal growled back, but saph wouldn't tolerate that, would she?

so she shot them a warning glare... we all knew her ferocity when she was angry, and so they backed off, and good thing too.

She went hunting, which was unsuccessful.

We all joined together on a giant hunting party, and brought back so much, enough to last a whole week! I loved the amount of marrow waiting for me...

Anyway, i think Saph sorta treasures me, my mate, and the pumpkins... we're what she calls, very rare.

also, the spirit has been getting very cheerful lately... i think i'm getting caught up in all the joy.

anyway, tootles for now, ima off to drink some more marrow smile.gif

-the marrow-drinker-

Ootamu-san~

It seems like I'm the only one keeping a journal now. Purple Diamond Thorn has been trying to knock some sense into Sparkling Sea Foam, and Tela-san has Saiph so out of concentration that he can hardly focus on simple tasks, let alone trying to teach the hatchling to write. So I guess it's just me for now on, and even then, I've been looking after the new egg and Tela-san so I hardly have the time anymore! Things are getting a bit chaotic. I wish Purple Diamond Thorn would leave Sparkling Sea Foam alone. He will learn to be an adult once he finds a mate and has a family of his own. I need Purple Diamond Thorn's help more than ever now that we're getting more eggs. Maybe, once Tela-san grows up, I'll have another set of claws to help around the cave. Oh! Looks like Saiph has returned with Sparkling Sea Foam! Uhhh...and...he doesn't look happy. I'm a bit scared of him when he's angry. His lightning gets brighter and more powerful when he's mad...sounds like Foam tried to refuse to come home so Saiph went and got him himself. I'd better go talk to Saiph...or...even better, I'll just go back to caring for the new hatchling.....

Edited by Saiph

Ariadne's Journal (2nd entry):

Today, Beegee received his “real” name: Raafael Dorkface.

I hate that name. How can you take anything positive from a name like Dorkface? And he’s spending so much time with Moravio now, too. I see them off together, with little Beegee looking at that stupid white dragon with such respect and admiration.

He’s practically an adult now, poor Beegee. My heart goes out to him. As a hatchling, the world seems so simple. I know this, being not so far out of childhood myself. But Beegee is part of the Dorkface lineage and, no matter how arrogant or proud he may get, there will always be those like me who see it as a stupid and unnecessary name. If only Thorn had listened to me! Dorkface is far too harsh a name for a sweet little thing like Beegee. To me, Beegee will always be his name.

Well, I should go now. I see Moravio coming. Better get to Beegee before that Dorkface starts polluting his mind again.

Wow these journals are really thurough : )

I;m enjoying reading them.

Dear Diary,

Today was such an exciting day! Ooh, it was so exciting that I don't know what I should write down first... Okay, Icky Thump- calm down and start from the start, babycakes. Yesterday, Ruins got a load of new eggs- a red from Murderhorn and a stone- and one of them hatched! It was soooo cute, watching the little ting totter about on it's tiny little legs, even if it is made of stone and had the creepiest red eyes. I hope it turns out to be a boy, I like boys and Ruins keeps saying that she wants a man friend for Fossilfangs and Earthrooted- they do get so lonely sometimes!

Then the greatest thing happened! I've been trying to have an egg for aaaaageees, but nothing! And then Ruins got me together with the hottest ridgewing called Flametipped- he was such a showoff, but look at his scales. He's really, really hot, and we... You can guess. And I had an egg, a cute little brown thing- not much like it's Mummy or Daddy, but cute all the same. Ruins as over the moon, she danced around like a loon and cheered for ages! We were all happy, but the vamps had their eye on it- she had to promise them a couple of eggs later. Anyway, I don't care if it's a boy or a girl- as long as it's healthy.

Now, I have to get back to my egg- my first egg!!

See ya,

Icky Thump Dorkface, new egg-mama! biggrin.gif

Third entry:

censorkip.gifcensorkip.gifcensorkip.gifcensorkip.gif

I confronted Moravio today, about pressuring Beegee into acting in that way that Moravio sees fit for “one of his lineage”.

He just looked at me, mock confusion in his eyes, and asked me what I see wrong with Dorkfaces. It’s good to be proud of one’s heritage, he said.

I said yes, but that he should be proud of better things than just a stupid name. I, for example, am proud of my heritage not just because it marks me out as being a D’Hennegel, but because of the clever and noble father that I have, and the beautiful structure of my lineage (I have two parents, two grandparents, and two great grandparents).

But guess what Moravio Tirablanco DORKFACE said to that? He looked at me, disgusted, and told me that I should stop being so selfish. Just because I hate the name, doesn’t mean that “Raafael” should.

What would he know? He’s older than me, yes, but he didn’t have such amazing teachers and role models as myself. I was about to say this when Salaesha, a bossy albino dragon who just happened to be Thorn’s first, intervened and stopped our arguing. Sometimes I just want to hit her, I swear.

Anyway, aside from that, not much has happened. Thorn adopted a new egg (a green one, probably a pebble dragon) and some of the others hatched: an autumn seasonal, and a purple dragon. They’re cute enough, but not really showing much personality yet.

-Ariadne D’Hennegel

Dear journal:

Having never written anything like this before, I'm unsure of where to start. The clan, such as it is, is not large, but there still seems to be a great amount of noise. Nearly all of us have names, apart from the ungendered hatchlings. An Dubh-sgeir a Deas Arcana and Eilean Chaluim Chille's first egg has hatched. The hatchling is a Sunset, like An Dubh-sgeir a Deas Arcana. I overheard him saying that if the hatchling is male, it'll bear the Arcana name. Not sure what'll happen if it's female, however.

The weather lately has been rather cold. I'm guessing that winter is fast approaching. The adults are doing their best to find meat for those of us who eat it. The Whites are taking whatever vegetable matter they can find. Just the other day, Delicate Snow Dorkface brought back a small holly tree. After he'd set it down, both he and Stac a Phris set to, first eating the berries and then the leaves themselves. I can't imagine that the leaves are all that appetising. They're so prickly!

I've not long to go until I become an adult. I can feel it. And then what? Will I find a mate or be luckless in my search? If I do find a mate, will we be blessed with eggs or will she refuse me?

I suppose all I can do is wait for now. I don't even know what breed my supposed mate will be. Although...if that Ridgewing who hatched earlier today genders female, then I might choose her.

Uibhist a Deas Arcana